UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
SLU-Butler

I saw Butler and SLU are going to have a home and home series the next two years. Should be good for A10. I just wish Dayton could line up a Big East school with the same arrangement.
Advertisement
Old 05-05-2017, 05:47 AM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Rushing the frat?
Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
MikeF (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 06:57 AM
Captain

Windy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud of
Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we deserve to be in the Big East.

Admittedly we took a few liberties with our female party guests over the years in the Ghetto - we did. [ Rollo winks at Commishnor Val Ackerman)

But you can't hold an entire whole basketball program responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted students & alumni who partied a little too much in 70's and 80's and perhaps didn't meet your Jesuit standards.

For if you do, then shouldn't we blame every college student
accountable?

And if the whole college system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of Jesuit schools like Marquette and Xavier that also partied too much in the 70's and '80s ?

I put it to you, Commissioner Ackerman this way - isn't this an indictment of every beer drinking college student in America?

Well, you can do whatever you want to the UD Basketball Program but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth THE UNVERSITY OF Dayton. Gentlemen!

[Rollo leads the UD Alumni out of the UD's Big East Admittance Presentation, all humming the UD Fight Song]
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Windy City Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (05-05-2017), Radar (05-05-2017), rollo (05-05-2017), Sea Bass (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 07:21 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Windy City Flyer View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, I'll be brief. The issue here is not whether we deserve to be in the Big East.

Admittedly we took a few liberties with our female party guests over the years in the Ghetto - we did. [ Rollo winks at Commishnor Val Ackerman)

But you can't hold an entire whole basketball program responsible for the behavior of a few, sick twisted students & alumni who partied a little too much in 70's and 80's and perhaps didn't meet your Jesuit standards.

accountable?

And if the whole college system is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of Jesuit schools like Marquette and Xavier that also partied too much in the 70's and '80s ?

I put it to you, Commissioner Ackerman this way - isn't this an indictment of every beer drinking college student in America?

Well, you can do whatever you want to the UD Basketball Program but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth THE UNVERSITY OF Dayton. Gentlemen!

[Rollo leads the UD Alumni out of the UD's Big East Admittance Presentation, all humming the UD Fight Song]
Bravo!
Old 05-05-2017, 08:00 AM
Major General

kiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these partskiefaber455 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Windy City Flyer View Post

accountable?

Well said Otter
Old 05-05-2017, 09:05 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
does this mean we are on double-secret probation?
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (05-05-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 09:10 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
Rushing the frat?
Pretty much what went through my mind when I read the Butler announcement.
Old 05-06-2017, 06:41 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Viperstick View Post
Rushing the frat?
Does this mean we'll see Pledge Pins on the Billikens' uniforms when we play them next season?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2017, 07:23 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Does this mean we'll see Pledge Pins on the Billikens' uniforms when we play them next season?
Posted via Mobile Device
If they wear pledge pins, then beating their *sses by 40 would constitute 'hazing' and get our entire team potentially suspended!
BeckysTXA (05-06-2017)
Old 05-06-2017, 08:59 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
I saw Butler and SLU are going to have a home and home series the next two years. Should be good for A10. I just wish Dayton could line up a Big East school with the same arrangement.
Maybe just maybe the people at Butler saw that SLU is on an upswing with regard to talent and future promise; whereas UD has lost four of its starters and will be rebuilding or retooling. SLU has two pretty good transfers playing this year plus an very good recruiting class.
Old 05-06-2017, 09:30 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Proverbial foot in the door I believe. St Louis is a much more attractive market than Dayton for tBE. Please don't fail miserably by debating that. Especially if you don't live in Dayton
Old 05-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
Proverbial foot in the door I believe. St Louis is a much more attractive market than Dayton for tBE. Please don't fail miserably by debating that. Especially if you don't live in Dayton
Not attempting to debate, merely offering an opinion. I think that is one of things we do here.
Old 05-06-2017, 10:28 AM
Colonel

ClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant futureClevelandFlyer05 has a brilliant future
I always thought that Creighton was a geographical reach on the part of the New Big East and that if they were looking to expand west, St. Louis made more sense. However at this point, if/when the New Big East expands, St. Louis is a perfect institutional fit and they would bridge that geographic divide. If they ever become consistently decent, I think it will be a done deal.

I'm just hoping that we're the next phone call on that list for expansion, for many of the same criteria that makes SLU attractive. That would also allow for the New Big East to have an East-West divisional structure, if so desired (maybe for sports other than basketball).