User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-02-2016, 06:53 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,523 Times in 771 Posts
Barney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant futureBarney Sentner has a brilliant future
Morgan State

Kayla Scaife minor leg injury not dressed tonight.
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2016, 07:20 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Lauren gets in late. Maybe sending her a message.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2016, 07:41 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Kelley and SGA only girls playing so far .

Dennis is a joke. 2 fouls and a to in two minutes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-02-2016, 08:59 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
They won, but I had a really hard time trying to watch on the computer. Did anyone else have trouble?

Hope Scaife is back on Sunday.

Go Flyers.
Old 12-02-2016, 09:25 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I had trouble too -- not just in the feed but in digesting the at-times gory display of basketball. In the first 6min of the second half, our towering muscular bigs missed three point-blank layups, several free throws and threw an in-bounds pass completely out of bounds. Im not even counting the 3-4 post feeds they muffed because they were trying to catch the basketball with their fingernails. And did anyone see MSU's post player beat our post player in transition for an uncontested hail mary pass and layup?

I continue to make the case that our guards are struggling because our bigs are not giving us anything in the way of consistent, physical, true low post scoring. When our bigs get the ball inside 5ft, they need to convert 18 times out of 20. Instead of feels like 6 times out of 20. Joey got in there and within 2min commits 2 fouls and turns the ball over. Had to immediately pull her. We also puked up freebie points at the foul line again.

Shoulda beaten Morgan State by 35. They are #342 in the RPI. Game was much closer than the final score when we finally got some separation in the 4th qtr. Very little redeeming about tonight other than we didn't lose and we only gave up 42pts on 25% defensive FG% which is very good. MSU's main post presence for criminy was a giant overweight butterball with no athleticism. We were 3-17 from three and once again couldn't take care of the basketball with 11 asts and 14 TOs. We should have had 7-8 TOs tonight against a team that soft and with so few weapons and ball pressure. And although we outrebounded them by 8 which is good we gave up SIXTEEN offensive rebounds. Umm, this wasnt an 85pt game that took place. It was a slow halfcourt game. We should have outrebounded them by 20. Harris got 11 boards. Can't fault that. And I fault both the bigs AND the guards for lack of rebounding.

Im trying to not look at the scoreboard and just evaluate based on what my eyes are telling me. Right now, in my opinion, we're in trouble. If we can get our bigs to play big, we improve much quicker. Until then, expect a continuation of more TOs than ASTs, more poor perimeter shooting, and more rebounding issues.

That said, I AM happy we won. Better to lose ugly than win pretty. If I saw it all wrong tonight, let me have it.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 12-02-2016, 09:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Yes from both a technical point of view and the flow of the game.

Picture was not clear and then at the 37-30 mark it froze to never come back. Had to follow rest of game on gametracker.

I know the ladies are trying but it sure looks like they are having a hard time getting into the flow of the game. Saturday is first A-10 game, got to get it going and the sooner the better.

On a side not noticed SLU and Indiana both lost games when they were winning big time. SLU scored 19 points in the first quarter then only 25 points the rest of the game. Indiana blew an 18 point 3rd quarter lead and lost. Amber Deane was 0-5 in that game. So it happens to the best of teams and players too.
Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jaburr91 (12-03-2016)
Old 12-02-2016, 10:04 PM
(Formerly O'Side Flyer)

Brad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud ofBrad S. has much to be proud of
Ugly to see, but at least they won. Seems like little fluidity in ball movement, consequently hard to get open shooters. When an outside shot does present, kind of a toss-up whether it'll hit.

Finally got some rhythm going in Q4, but until then, this game was way closer than it should've been. Pre-season games like this are for working out kinks and trying some different rotations, and hopefully it'll all gel soon. If not, conference play could be a real grind.

All in all, some really good moments, it just needs to come together.