User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-21-2017, 09:09 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Archdeacon interviews Grant

Coach Grant talks about Kostas and Sam.
http://www.mydaytondailynews.com/spo...USWhODF1OrzYJ/
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (08-23-2017)
Advertisement
Old 08-22-2017, 06:40 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
I will say that Grant seems to be the most forthcoming about the "goings ons" within the program than I can remember. Looks like those asking questions of him will get honest answers.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Captain

flyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the rough
Am I reading this that they still can't say anything about Kostas physical condition or whether he's ready? That seems incredible.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to flyer2003 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Radar (08-22-2017), Runnin' Rebel (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 09:40 AM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
First time in awhile we have been given some facts and more than a sentence. Love that from Grant.

"Grant said nothing has been promised to Miller in the future.
He did say he likely would not fill the open scholarship before this season begins because the fifth-year transfer players have long ago chosen their schools and the junior college and high school players still remaining without a program likely wouldn’t fit the Flyers needs. And then UD would be committed to them for multiple years to come."
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 10:11 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
I though the article was a whole lot of nothing. Hardly worth the read. No wonder papers are struggling.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2017, 11:33 AM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
I though the article was a whole lot of nothing. Hardly worth the read. No wonder papers are struggling.
Posted via Mobile Device
You cannot be serious.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (08-22-2017), Fairborn Fan (08-22-2017), Flyer14 (08-22-2017), San Diego Flyer (08-22-2017), UD62 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 01:42 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
I will say that Grant seems to be the most forthcoming about the "goings ons" within the program than I can remember. Looks like those asking questions of him will get honest answers.
I think part of it is that Archdeacon and Anthony Grant have known each other for many years, with histories that go way back together to their Miami, FL upbringings. So it's not terribly surprising that Grant just seems comfortable opening up to him. So it's partly that and also probably partly due to the fact that Archdeacon is naturally going to probe and look for interesting commentary by trade whereas a typical beat reporter is more reporting facts, recruiting visits, roster/injury updates, etc. Archie was willing (somewhat I guess) to give that stuff to the beat reporters, but he wasn't going to just go have lunch with Archdeacon and chat about the program. It's just a totally different dynamic.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (08-23-2017)
Old 08-22-2017, 02:06 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyer2003 View Post
Am I reading this that they still can't say anything about Kostas physical condition or whether he's ready? That seems incredible.
You could find out more about Kostas' condition by sitting outside KU and waiting on him to stop in for lunch!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (08-22-2017), jack72 (08-22-2017)
Old 08-23-2017, 07:20 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
I think part of it is that Archdeacon and Anthony Grant have known each other for many years, with histories that go way back together to their Miami, FL upbringings. So it's not terribly surprising that Grant just seems comfortable opening up to him. So it's partly that and also probably partly due to the fact that Archdeacon is naturally going to probe and look for interesting commentary by trade whereas a typical beat reporter is more reporting facts, recruiting visits, roster/injury updates, etc. Archie was willing (somewhat I guess) to give that stuff to the beat reporters, but he wasn't going to just go have lunch with Archdeacon and chat about the program. It's just a totally different dynamic.
And from my dealings with Archdeacon...he is going to put together a respected write up and not "burn" sources...
Old 08-23-2017, 08:30 AM
Captain

flyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the roughflyer2003 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
You could find out more about Kostas' condition by sitting outside KU and waiting on him to stop in for lunch!
I'll take a report like this if anyone has one, given that neither the program nor the DDN seems to have anything how many months after the fact.