Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-13-2017, 07:53 PM
Just off the Jet

Weepis
A10 in Championship in Pittsburgh

If I understand correctly, there is no University allotted tickets this year for sale. Is there a section that priders are targeting for tickets this year?

I assume the arena will be packed with Flyers fans, but I really enjoyed the "Dayton" section in Brooklyn.
Posted via Mobile Device
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2017, 08:09 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerBob View Post
Tix are now on sale thru the A-10 site and I just purchased 5 (for son and 3 brothers- they can't pass up a good time and the tournament has become a family tradition). While I have not lived in Dayton for years and relocated to Pittsburgh 6 years ago I never miss a UD/Duquesne game, and have attended all the recent AC and Brooklyn tourneys.

I'm so looking forward to the season and just wanted to share that tix are indeed available (though your buying site unseen based only on seat pricing). They ask your school affiliation so I hope to see many of you there in our section! Let's take over the joint!

This is our time.
This is from a thread I started some months ago. I had luck buying them from the venue's on line A-10 sponsored website- not the BS service charge ones. Anyway, I got front row seats mid court. The venue is great for basketball (it's the Pen's hockey arena). We're in section 112 row A. But no bad seats anywhere in that section... Hope to see you there, come by and say hello.

BTW it's general admission the first 2 days- probably didn't want to see empty seats on TV.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:47 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
There is some question about University allotment. As it looks, there may have been a small University allotment, but not enough to openly offer to the public. For instance, you can go on the Duquesne website and purchase tickets from the Duquesne allotment. I've checked a few other school sites and Duquesne is the only one promoting ticket packages. May be a host school thing.
Anyway, any seat in the lower arena between the baselines will be a good seat.
Old 02-14-2017, 10:54 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I am guessing this tourney will not be that well attended - except for UD and VCU fans. Which was the case in Brooklyn but I think the other fan bases will be down from what is normally seen in Brooklyn. I think between the location - Brooklyn more attractive than Pittsburgh and the teams just not being as good, you will see less. I can see the SBU fans still showing up when they play. That said, I wouldn't worry too much about what section you are sitting in. People move around. There should be plenty UD people in your vicinity.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (02-19-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 12:27 PM

Thanked 9,815 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I am guessing this tourney will not be that well attended - except for UD and VCU fans. Which was the case in Brooklyn but I think the other fan bases will be down from what is normally seen in Brooklyn. I think between the location - Brooklyn more attractive than Pittsburgh and the teams just not being as good, you will see less. I can see the SBU fans still showing up when they play. That said, I wouldn't worry too much about what section you are sitting in. People move around. There should be plenty UD people in your vicinity.
I disagree on total attendance.

Brooklyn brings in a ton of school kids for the Wednesday and Thursday games. But other than that, it is pretty sporadic attendance. I met some VCU fans in 2015 at BW3's prior to us playing them on Sunday. They drove from VCU that morning. I think there are a ton of people that drive in on Sunday.

Pittsburg is more enticing than Brooklyn in my opinion. Travel is easier and cheaper. People aren't intimidated by getting around the city. It is central.

You are going to get your Philly teams there at a 4.5 hour drive. Davidson 6.5. VCU and Richmond at 5.5...and then UD.

PPG will have the upper deck close off just like Barclays. I think that when the dust settles, Friday through Sunday will be well attended.

I would rather go to Pittsburgh than Brooklyn any day of the week...simply for the lack of headaches compared to NYC.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:15 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
A few things:

I agree that some A10 fan bases might not be having their most optimistic seasons; but I disagree on the issue of centralized location, as I think Pittsburgh is centrally located for, SLU, Dayton, Duquesne, LaSalle, Saint Joes, Davidson, and a couple others. The bigger question I have, is how Dayton fans will actually attend, and when will they arrive? Thursday, Friday, or Saturday? Will folks be committed, or is it waiting and seeing before coming out of the woodwork for a UD semifinal game?

I called PPG Paints Arena for clarity on the general seating issue. The general seating will apply to all tickets, nor just a givdn price level. Same price for all Wednesday tickets, and all same price for all Thursday tickets, regardless if you purchase individual sessions, or if you purchase All Sessions Packet. I find this to be somewhat of a crock of crap-Ola; not the end of the world, but kind of bull stink. That will not really help the TV image, as it wil just make the end zones completely bare...just saying.

As for the PPG paints security staff, don't push them too far, they are not the nicest or most UD fan friendly. Make no mistake, they will have their Duquesne shirts on under the security outfits. Hopefully Duquesne goes down early, because I really don't want UD to face them a third time in that atmosphere...at-least not prior to the championship game. It's an at-large bid accident waiting to happen.

UD fans, I suggest getting to Pittsburgh and enjoying this years conference tournament; because, while the A10 loves our money, they despise our presence; so don't look for the A10 tournament to be this close to Dayton Ohio anytime in the next 10-20 years. The A10 will cater to the geographic need of every East Coast in the league, but not UD.

Remember, the only reason the tournament is in Pittsburgh, is the result of low end sophomoric negotiation skills from the conference commissioner. Otherwise it would be in Brooklyn again...forever.
Old 02-14-2017, 01:31 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I personally have mixed emotions on Pittsburgh vs Brooklyn. Our group has our regular routine in Brooklyn that I will miss but I am looking forward to less travel time and some new experiences. There may be more UD fans there but I just don't think the other fans will come. I think to many there is an attraction to NYC and being able to do some sightseeing in addition to bball. It is a down year for many A10 teams. I just don't see their fans showing. I hope you are correct and that attendance is at least even of that in Brooklyn.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-14-2017, 05:14 PM

shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
I personally have mixed emotions on Pittsburgh vs Brooklyn. Our group has our regular routine in Brooklyn that I will miss but I am looking forward to less travel time and some new experiences.
Ditto...I needed a break from Brooklyn.
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 05:59 PM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
Haven't been to A10 Tourney since it was in Philly. Looking forward to going Friday-Sunday this year. Short ride from the center of the UD-verse
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill202 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (02-15-2017), CE80 (02-14-2017)
Old 02-14-2017, 06:47 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Theres nothing like taking in an ENTIRE A-10 Tournament. I can see watching just the Flyers but i loved both entire tournaments i attended but i am a hoops junkie
Old 02-14-2017, 08:09 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
I disagree on total attendance.

Brooklyn brings in a ton of school kids for the Wednesday and Thursday games. But other than that, it is pretty sporadic attendance. I met some VCU fans in 2015 at BW3's prior to us playing them on Sunday. They drove from VCU that morning. I think there are a ton of people that drive in on Sunday.

Pittsburg is more enticing than Brooklyn in my opinion. Travel is easier and cheaper. People aren't intimidated by getting around the city. It is central.

You are going to get your Philly teams there at a 4.5 hour drive. Davidson 6.5. VCU and Richmond at 5.5...and then UD.

PPG will have the upper deck close off just like Barclays. I think that when the dust settles, Friday through Sunday will be well attended.

I would rather go to Pittsburgh than Brooklyn any day of the week...simply for the lack of headaches compared to NYC.
DAvidson and VCU had shockingly good amounts of fans in Brooklyn last year. And they will i'm sure travel to Pittsburgh as well.

Let's see how URI travels there, and SLU and UMASS. I think it's a great location!
Old 02-15-2017, 09:42 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Theres nothing like taking in an ENTIRE A-10 Tournament. I can see watching just the Flyers but i loved both entire tournaments i attended but i am a hoops junkie
What's great is you never know what is going to happen. Two years ago, LaSalle took Davidson to the buzzer. A year or 2 before that was when Mooney had his end of game meltdown.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:10 AM

MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Annual event

I've only missed 2 A10 tournaments since 1999 (2008, 2013). MrsFF only missed one (2013). It's always fun to watch 11-13 games in 4-5 days.
I'll never forget the high of watching Lamar Odom drop a long 3pt shot on Temple at the buzzer in the Spectrum and the low of watching GW beat St. Joe in a nearly empty US Bank Arena in 2005. There were a couple hundred UD fans and a couple dozen GW and SJU fans. Host school fans were nowhere to be found. Very sad.
When the games were in Dayton, we bought our tickets from Richmond so that we could get better seats. At US Bank Arena we were in the 2nd row of the Bonaventure section. Still recovering from Welding-gate, Bonaventure had plenty of tickets available. If you want good seats but aren't a big donor, you have to be creative.
There was one year that UD hosted NCAA games and the Flyers went to the NIT. We went to 11 A10 games, the play in game, an NIT game, and 2 rounds of NCAA games. I think it was 19 games in 11 days. I don't think I could do that again.
Figgie123 (02-15-2017), Glen Clark (02-15-2017), ruechalgrin (02-19-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 10:17 AM

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
A couple years ago I went to Pittsburgh for the first time, we were headed for the PPG arena. We had no idea where we were going.

Anyway, our in-car On Star GPS and cell phone GPS went berserk in downtown Pittsburgh, sending us in a circle over and over, sending us the wrong way down one-way streets, etc.

We had to turn the GPS's off and just feel our way there. It was a very frustrating and stressful experience as we were close to being late and missing the show because the GPS's kept screwing up.

Maybe all the hills around downtown Pittsburgh screwed up the GPS signals.

Last edited by ud2; 02-15-2017 at 10:20 AM..
Old 02-15-2017, 10:22 AM

common

Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
A couple years ago I went to Pittsburgh for the first time, we were headed for the PPG arena. We had no idea where we were going.

Anyway, our in-car On Star GPS and cell phone GPS went berserk in downtown Pittsburgh, sending us in a circle over and over, sending us the wrong way down one-way streets, etc.

We had to turn the GPS's off and just feel our way there. It was a very frustrating and stressful experience as we were close to being late and missing the show because the GPS's kept screwing up.

Self driving Uber had the same problem

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2016/10/...ay-street.html
ud2 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 10:27 AM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post

It's why uber and other self driving car companies are basing their operations in pittsburgh. If they can navigate here they should be good anywhere.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shwag33 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-15-2017), shocka43 (02-15-2017), ud2 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 10:43 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,341 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
DAvidson and VCU had shockingly good amounts of fans in Brooklyn last year. And they will i'm sure travel to Pittsburgh as well.

Let's see how URI travels there, and SLU and UMASS. I think it's a great location!
I highly doubt, even in a good year, that URI will travel well. They are not that passionate of a fan base.

UMass gets about 1/4 capacity at their home games so doubt you'll see any of their fans.
Old 02-15-2017, 03:47 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Why would anyone from ST L show up? They aren't likely to win a game and play in the first round on Wednesday
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to maddog07 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 04:08 PM

Question who shows up?

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I highly doubt, even in a good year, that URI will travel well. They are not that passionate of a fan base.

UMass gets about 1/4 capacity at their home games so doubt you'll see any of their fans.
Agreed

Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Why would anyone from ST L show up? They aren't likely to win a game and play in the first round on Wednesday
Posted via Mobile Device
Agreed

Bonaventure fans will show well. They showed up in Brooklyn. Under 3.5 hour drive will be good for them.
LaSalle didn't show well in Brooklyn, Atlantic City, or even the Spectrum
St. Joe will have a few annual attendees.
Fordham couldn't get students to ride the subway to Brooklyn.
George Mason may show OK if they keep playing well. They still have a shot at the #4 spot.
Duquesne barely shows up for their own games and likely won't see Thursday. not counting on the home town fans.
Davidson showed well in Brooklyn, but they also had much better teams. Toss up.
GW will at least have a handful of obnoxious students show up in their foam hats, but not much else.
Richmond is another toss up.
Of course VCU and UD will bring the most Friday-Sunday. Bonaventure could be the big crowd on Thursday.
Figgie123 (02-16-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 04:23 PM
General of the Air Force

At those Wednesday games between the players, coaches, officials, cheer leaders, etc., there may be more people on the floor than in the stands.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-15-2017), MrFlyerFanatic (02-15-2017), shocka43 (02-15-2017)
Old 02-15-2017, 05:09 PM

At those Wednesday games between the players, coaches, officials, cheer leaders, etc., there may be more people on the floor than in the stands.
Usually lol...voice really carries when it's like that!
Old 02-15-2017, 06:57 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bill202 View Post
Haven't been to A10 Tourney since it was in Philly. Looking forward to going Friday-Sunday this year. Short ride from the center of the UD-verse
Ditto Fri-Sunday for me. Any idea how easy/difficult it is to get tickets for Sat and Sun on site during the tourney?
Old 02-15-2017, 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by Radar View Post
Ditto Fri-Sunday for me. Any idea how easy/difficult it is to get tickets for Sat and Sun on site during the tourney?
Seats come available when people lose...get your way in and find losers on the way out...ask if anyone is selling. I take my whole book with me every game...just in case...
Old 02-16-2017, 07:28 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
In Brooklyn they had a table where they happily accepted unused ticket donations, presume they give them to public school kids or charities. I always gave our unused tix on way out Sat (we had to return home). They commented to me that they love having UD fans as they are among the most generous donors. Seemed quite sincere...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (02-16-2017), ruechalgrin (02-19-2017)
Old 02-19-2017, 08:08 AM
Captain

UD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to all
I'm planning to take the family of 5 for the weekend. I really can't afford to buy 5 "good" seats. I would rather be in the front of the upper deck than behind the baskets. I notice that the upper level seats aren't for sell. Anyone know why?
Old 02-19-2017, 08:22 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,341 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD93 Steve View Post
I'm planning to take the family of 5 for the weekend. I really can't afford to buy 5 "good" seats. I would rather be in the front of the upper deck than behind the baskets. I notice that the upper level seats aren't for sell. Anyone know why?
I believe they are going to block the upper level off.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:57 AM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
I haven't been to an A10 tourney since Dayton and Cincy, but the minute I heard it was going to be in Pittsburgh and DC, I vowed to be there both years. I found a roommate to go with (a relative) and we signed up for Leslie's fan bus. I'm so excited to be going. I've been to the Duquesne games with the fan bus in '15 at the PPG center (Consul Energy, then) and Palumbo Center last year. they are two blocks away from each other. I'm also looking forward to dinner at the Church BrewWorks--Yummy!
Pittsburgh is only 4 hours away! Perfect for Dayton area fans and cheaper than flying or even driving to NY. I expect to see more Flyer fans than ever before.
My dream is for the Flyers to win the tourney, so we can chant, "THIS IS OUR HOUSE!"
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 66flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (02-21-2017), CE80 (02-21-2017), Radar (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 11:39 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Rolling the dice and bought tickets in Section 104 for Saturday. Better win on Friday. Ticketmaster is the worst - charging roughly $15 per ticket service fees.
Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 02:02 PM

Doing tournament prep.
I'm looking for expert advice on the following:
Local breakfast place. A greasy spoon where we can get a pile of eggs, bacon, and potatoes to lay a base for a full day of hoops.
A good sports bar. Someplace to watch the west coast games and catch up on highlights with reasonable beverage prices.
A good pizza place where we can grab food between sessions.
A nice place for dinner on Saturday that isn't too expensive, but has a nice wine and cocktail selection.
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-25-2017), Figgie123 (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 02:31 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
As well, for those staying in Pittsburgh through Sunday, is there a place people are gathering for dinner to watch the Selection Show? Is the team staying in town if they are in the finals, or will the charter home quickly between the end of the finals and the Selection Show?
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (02-21-2017)
Old 02-21-2017, 03:53 PM

Thumbs up places to go

If anyone is interested, I started a thread on the Duquesne board to get local input on where to go.
http://duquesnefans.boardhost.com/vi...d=22058#p22058
Beatty Town Coach (02-21-2017), CE80 (02-21-2017), Figgie123 (02-21-2017), FlyerBob (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
If anyone is interested, I started a thread on the Duquesne board to get local input on where to go.
http://duquesnefans.boardhost.com/vi...d=22058#p22058
Me and my fam moved to the 'Burgh about 6 years ago, north of downtown (Pine-Richland school area if that means anything to anyone). I just glanced at the Duquesne thread and we're getting good leads/advice from their board. Also lots of respect. Pittsburgh is a very cool city and we enjoy it.

My 3 brothers, my son & I (all out of towners but me) have all session tix- would be great to carve out a UD fan meeting place for an informal mixer. It would be interesting to meet some of the characters on this board.
Old 02-25-2017, 03:22 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,592 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Any suggestions on affordable places to stay, within stumbling distance of the arena and nightlife?
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (02-25-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 06:50 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Any suggestions on affordable places to stay, within stumbling distance of the arena and nightlife?
Being local I never stay at hotels, but near PPG Stadium are 3 (though not cheap): Pittsburgh Marriott City Center, Cambria Hotel & Suites, Doubletree Hilton. The first is the “official” hotel of the Pens (which in case you’re new to PIT the A10T venue is the NHL hockey arena). I also believe there is a Red Roof Inn nearby. You can walk to all and its worth checking the rack rate.

Outside PIT near my area north are several hotel chains out of town football fans stay to go to Steeler games. I run across many Cincy fans in Cranberry Township/Mars Township. Right off I79 and Rt 228 about 20-25 mins north of the venue.

The venue itself is not terribly close to the city neighborhoods I’d consider going to for a night on the town. But an easy cab or uber ride. The 2 areas I have been to are well-known: Strip District & Carson Street (awesome areas for neighborhood type bar hopping and some restaurants). Both are friendly areas whenever I’ve been there, but I wouldn’t drag the kiddies.

Pitt landmark restaurants that I have been to and recommend highly include Hofbrauhaus (informal German with awesome selection of suds) & the Church Brew Works (a renovated Catholic church). Both are family friendly & awesome places to have a meal & a beer.

But I hear there is a decent local bar or two near the stadium for those between game breaks. We’ll need to refer to the Duquesne board for those.
Mad Props to FlyerBob For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (02-27-2017)
Old 02-25-2017, 09:27 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by FlyerBob View Post
....the Church Brew Works (a renovated Catholic church). .
Do you think going here will count towards our Sunday obligation?
Old 02-25-2017, 09:45 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,859 Times in 720 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
If it's pregame, you could pray a lot.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:09 PM
Captain

LI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to allLI2UD2PA is a name known to all
Tying some "business travel" around the tourment has me in Pitt Friday. The
way it reads if we are the #1 seed we play at noon. Seems like the top seed should be in prime time.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:19 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by LI2UD2PA View Post
Tying some "business travel" around the tourment has me in Pitt Friday. The
way it reads if we are the #1 seed we play at noon. Seems like the top seed should be in prime time.
They are at noon because the championship game is at 1:00 on Sunday. So the get more rest and don't really have to adjust to the different times of play like the 2 seed does.
Old 02-25-2017, 10:58 PM
Brigadier General

Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Embassy suites is only about four blocks from the PPG paints arena. Price is right, and the breakfast buffet is included and is everyday. It's about two blocks from Double Tree, where lots of Flyer fans will be.
Old 02-26-2017, 10:13 AM
Captain

The Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these parts
For anybody that's driving to Pittsburgh and spending a few days and wants to drink a few cold beers in their hotel room, bring a cooler of it with you. Pittsburgh has some odd rules on beer sales. We found out the hard way last year at my bachelor party when one of the guys had to drive 45 minutes away to get beer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2017, 12:49 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Price is Wright View Post
For anybody that's driving to Pittsburgh and spending a few days and wants to drink a few cold beers in their hotel room, bring a cooler of it with you. Pittsburgh has some odd rules on beer sales. We found out the hard way last year at my bachelor party when one of the guys had to drive 45 minutes away to get beer.
Posted via Mobile Device
45 Minutes? What are the rules if you don't mind elaborating?
Old 02-26-2017, 01:02 PM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Grocery stores,gas stations etc.......cannot sell beer.

You either have to consume on site (Restaurant,bar) or buy at a state liquor store.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 01:14 PM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
You can't get beer at a grocery store, but thats a PA thing. There's distributors in the south side and north side, but i'd probably go to the ones in the south side. Sundays they are only open like 12-5. They are only a few minutes away from the arena, not sure why they had to travel 45.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:09 PM
Captain

Southwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to beholdSouthwest is a splendid one to behold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by The Price is Wright View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
You mean people actually check into hotels without beer or cocktails with them!?
Mad Props to Southwest For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (02-26-2017)
Old 02-26-2017, 02:38 PM
Just off the Jet

Weepis
Grocery stores,gas stations etc.......cannot sell beer.

You either have to consume on site (Restaurant,bar) or buy at a state liquor store.
In general that is correct, but some of the larger grocery stores now have beer and wine if they have a dining area.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2017, 03:33 PM
Captain

The Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these partsThe Price is Wright is infamous around these parts
I think our hotel staff directed my guy to a place in the suburbs. They probably didn't know any better. I will say that we had a big time in Pittsburgh. We stayed at the Hyatt near PNC park, walkable to the casino and bars and a 5 minute Uber to PPG. We will have roughly 25 guys at The A10 tournament this year for yet another UD alum bachelor party.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-26-2017, 09:33 PM

If you are looking for tickets, call Fordham. Although UD didn't offer tickets, other schools have them. SLU also have a few premium seats available. Best part is not getting slammed with Ticketmaster fees.
Old 02-27-2017, 04:56 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
Leslie's bus fanatics are staying at the Doubletree, easy walking distance to PPG arena. There is a Catholic church 2-3 blocks away that I went to last year. Church Brew works is the only restaurant away from the hotel that I've been to, but I could eat there every day, lol.
The other times in Pitts were single game weekends vs Duquesne, only one night. I'm sure there will be others in our group to give us guidance.
Today, I got the E-Mail with instructions for where to go on 3-8 to board the bus, procedures, and schedules. There will be a pre-game reception on Fri. On the way home we will stop for dinner, preferably at a place where we can watch the Selection Show while we eat.
9 days to go till we leave!
GO FLYERS!
Old 02-27-2017, 07:21 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Weepis View Post
If I understand correctly, there is no University allotted tickets this year for sale. Is there a section that priders are targeting for tickets this year?

I assume the arena will be packed with Flyers fans, but I really enjoyed the "Dayton" section in Brooklyn.
Posted via Mobile Device
We'll be in Section 111
Old 02-27-2017, 07:26 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Beatty Town Coach View Post
A few things:

I agree that some A10 fan bases might not be having their most optimistic seasons; but I disagree on the issue of centralized location, as I think Pittsburgh is centrally located for, SLU, Dayton, Duquesne, LaSalle, Saint Joes, Davidson, and a couple others. The bigger question I have, is how Dayton fans will actually attend, and when will they arrive? Thursday, Friday, or Saturday? Will folks be committed, or is it waiting and seeing before coming out of the woodwork for a UD semifinal game?

I called PPG Paints Arena for clarity on the general seating issue. The general seating will apply to all tickets, nor just a givdn price level. Same price for all Wednesday tickets, and all same price for all Thursday tickets, regardless if you purchase individual sessions, or if you purchase All Sessions Packet. I find this to be somewhat of a crock of crap-Ola; not the end of the world, but kind of bull stink. That will not really help the TV image, as it wil just make the end zones completely bare...just saying.

As for the PPG paints security staff, don't push them too far, they are not the nicest or most UD fan friendly. Make no mistake, they will have their Duquesne shirts on under the security outfits. Hopefully Duquesne goes down early, because I really don't want UD to face them a third time in that atmosphere...at-least not prior to the championship game. It's an at-large bid accident waiting to happen.

UD fans, I suggest getting to Pittsburgh and enjoying this years conference tournament; because, while the A10 loves our money, they despise our presence; so don't look for the A10 tournament to be this close to Dayton Ohio anytime in the next 10-20 years. The A10 will cater to the geographic need of every East Coast in the league, but not UD.

Remember, the only reason the tournament is in Pittsburgh, is the result of low end sophomoric negotiation skills from the conference commissioner. Otherwise it would be in Brooklyn again...forever.
I'm sorry..what!? They despise our presence? What makes you say that? Did I miss something here? I figure we're their darling.
Mad Props to bhflyer5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (02-27-2017)
Old 02-27-2017, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by 66flyer View Post
Church Brew works is the only restaurant away from the hotel that I've been to, but I could eat there every day, lol.
GO FLYERS!
The novelty of Brew Works is pretty cool...and the food was decent...but you are better served getting food from one of the local joints on the south side. Speaking in terms of value for what you get. Brew works wasn't anything that I would go out of my way for...
Old 03-01-2017, 01:26 PM
Just off the Jet

RhodyRamsRep is a jewel in the roughRhodyRamsRep is a jewel in the roughRhodyRamsRep is a jewel in the roughRhodyRamsRep is a jewel in the rough
Discounted a10 packages

Hey Flyers fans!

If any of you are looking for a great deal on A10 Tournament tickets, give us a call! We currently have packages starting at $135 for ALL 7 sessions in Section 120.

If you don’t feel like talking with a URI rep (we understand) feel free to use the link below to get your tickets.

Shoot me an email or give me a buzz if you have any questions or concerns.

http://http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin...=SALES&RSRC=TF

Tyler Foley
(401)874-4295
tfoley@uri.edu
Twitter: @RhodyTickets
[/SIZE]
Old 03-02-2017, 10:29 AM

Talking Respect

Originally Posted by RhodyRamsRep View Post
Hey Flyers fans!

If any of you are looking for a great deal on A10 Tournament tickets, give us a call! We currently have packages starting at $135 for ALL 7 sessions in Section 120.

If you don’t feel like talking with a URI rep (we understand) feel free to use the link below to get your tickets.

Shoot me an email or give me a buzz if you have any questions or concerns.

http://http://ev8.evenue.net/cgi-bin...=SALES&RSRC=TF

Tyler Foley
(401)874-4295
tfoley@uri.edu
Twitter: @RhodyTickets
[/SIZE]
Is this not the ultimate sign of respect for our fans?
Or a last act of a desperate program.
flyerfanatic86 (03-02-2017)
Old 03-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Just off the Jet

duq81 will become famous soon enough
Pittsburgh will be celebrating St. Paddy's Day that weekend. There will be a large parade Downtown Saturday morning, followed by much partying across the city. Ground zero will be along E. Carson St., between 10th St, and 29th St. This is on the South Side of the city. This is big fun, especially for the under 30 crowd. Those who don't want to be around the youth might want to settle for Market Square, which is Downtown.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:55 PM

Willie

Originally Posted by duq81 View Post
Pittsburgh will be celebrating St. Paddy's Day that weekend. There will be a large parade Downtown Saturday morning, followed by much partying across the city. Ground zero will be along E. Carson St., between 10th St, and 29th St. This is on the South Side of the city. This is big fun, especially for the under 30 crowd. Those who don't want to be around the youth might want to settle for Market Square, which is Downtown.
UD Pep Band is part of the parade. Party on!
rollo (03-03-2017)
Old 03-03-2017, 07:42 AM

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
UD Pep Band is part of the parade. Party on!
What jacket will Willie wear??? That one her wore vs VCU was awesome!

BTW, the National Anthem singer was awesome X 10!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:13 AM
Major

Celebrating St. Paddy's Day a week early? Because of all the visitors? Or are they calendar impaired?
Old 03-03-2017, 09:32 AM
General of the Air Force

ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
What jacket will Willie wear??? That one her wore vs VCU was awesome!

!
I would love to know what that thing cost? Is it insured?
Old 03-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

ud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of light
For those UD fans staying in Pittsburgh Friday night, are there any UD events planned? (Of course, assuming that the Flyers win their Noon game on Friday afternoon.) I am aware of the UD fan event 2 hours before the game at Noon on Friday, but would like to know where UD fans are planning to hang out during the evening. I have no interest in watching the 6pm A10 tournament games.
Old 03-03-2017, 04:54 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,945 Times in 2,942 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Since UD's 1st game is Friday and it's Lent, if you are looking for a great fish sandwich head to The Original Oyster House in Market Square.

I used to go there for lunch when I worked in Da 'Burgh and the locals would come in and order "a fish and an Arn." Translation: a fish sandwich and and Iron City beer.

Zero atmosphere but an outstanding fish sandwich.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (03-04-2017), Glen Clark (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 03:53 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud86 View Post
For those UD fans staying in Pittsburgh Friday night, are there any UD events planned? (Of course, assuming that the Flyers win their Noon game on Friday afternoon.) I am aware of the UD fan event 2 hours before the game at Noon on Friday, but would like to know where UD fans are planning to hang out during the evening. I have no interest in watching the 6pm A10 tournament games.
I'll be hanging out at PPG Paints Arena watching the rest of the quarterfinals!
Beatty Town Coach (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 04:42 PM
Brigadier General

Makes since Figgie; as there is likely to be major NCAA at-large bid implications in those quarterfinals. That round is bound to set the stage for a great semifinal/finals weekend, with lots of National implications.
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 05:12 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
UD fan event Fri before
Noon game...where?
Old 03-05-2017, 12:53 AM
Brigadier General

Buford's Kitchen on 5th; directly across the street from PPG PAINTS ARENA...one of main gates right there also. $20 a person.
Old 03-08-2017, 05:27 AM
Captain

udhoopsfan is on a distinguished road
Headed to Pitt on Saturday and looking for tickets to Sunday's championship game. Suggestions?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Captain

UD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to all
Originally Posted by udhoopsfan View Post
Headed to Pitt on Saturday and looking for tickets to Sunday's championship game. Suggestions?
Posted via Mobile Device
I got mine from Vivid Seats. There is always Stub Hub. I notice that they have a lot of the same tickets, but the price isn't always the same.
Old 03-08-2017, 08:41 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Any good places to find Sunday tickets without getting bent over on cost?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2017, 09:02 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
Any good places to find Sunday tickets without getting bent over on cost?
Posted via Mobile Device
Absolutely...Just wait until the fans of the teams that lose in the semis exit the arena..

Last edited by steve; 03-08-2017 at 10:20 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-08-2017), CT Flyer (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 09:26 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,619 Times in 2,468 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Seem to remember some poster(s) thought that attendance would be down from what it has been at Barclays. A10 released this yesterday on ticket sales. (I know sales doesn't necessarily equate to attendance, but it's a good start.)

For the first time in the 41-year history of the tournament, the conference has surpassed $1 million in ticket sales. The previous overall championship revenue record was $930,302, set last year at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticl...846.1483529540
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 09:37 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Seem to remember some poster(s) thought that attendance would be down from what it has been at Barclays. A10 released this yesterday on ticket sales. (I know sales doesn't necessarily equate to attendance, but it's a good start.)

For the first time in the 41-year history of the tournament, the conference has surpassed $1 million in ticket sales. The previous overall championship revenue record was $930,302, set last year at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY.

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticl...846.1483529540
I was one of those. Not sure of ticket prices this year vs previous years so how much of a boost in sales was the result of increased ticket prices, if any? I will wait to see the actual attendance. Believe me, I want to be proven wrong on attendance. Thinking about it more, Pittsburgh is the best location in the middle of the biggest teams as far as attendance - UD, VCU SBU.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:08 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
The central location means it will be the best attended tourney. I would bet UD will have double the fans in Pitt vs Brooklyn. There will be a lot of Flyer red in the arena.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 10:18 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I'm royally jealous of all who are going.
Beatty Town Coach (03-09-2017), BeckysTXA (03-08-2017), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-08-2017), shocka43 (03-09-2017), TXFlyerFan (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 11:12 AM

Thanked 6,178 Times in 4,206 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
What was the ticket revenue when the A10T was in Dayton for 2 years?
Old 03-08-2017, 12:04 PM
General of the Air Force

My small group all canceled on me as well. Glad I had not bought tickets and was just going to wing it. Canceling the hotel sucks too
Old 03-08-2017, 12:54 PM
I Am A Statistical God

I swear I'm the only member of the Royal Roundtable staying in Pittsburgh through Monday. I'll have to find some Royal Hole-in-the-Wall to have dinner Sunday night. (And I'll send my expense report to rollo, when I'm back in Dayton.)
BeckysTXA (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 12:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
I swear I'm the only member of the Royal Roundtable staying in Pittsburgh through Monday. I'll have to find some Royal Hole-in-the-Wall to have dinner Sunday night. (And I'll send my expense report to rollo, when I'm back in Dayton.)
The per diem of the royal roundtable members is $0.00. King Rollo expects you to find someone worthy that will comp your meal.
Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
I believe Sargent-at-Arms Sir Shocka is going....give him the Royal expense report and he can forward it to Sir SDF, the Royal Comptroller. The buck stops there.
shocka43 (03-09-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 01:11 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
My small group all canceled on me as well. Glad I had not bought tickets and was just going to wing it. Canceling the hotel sucks too
Everybody talks big and is pumped until its time to ask the wife/gf for permission.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-08-2017), MikeF (03-09-2017), mikeymo85 (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 03:04 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,288 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Everybody talks big and is pumped until its time to ask the wife/gf for permission.
I would submit that if you have to ask your gf for permission, you better look at that relationship. Now wife can be a different matter.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:15 PM

respect

Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
I would submit that if you have to ask your gf for permission, you better look at that relationship. Now wife can be a different matter.
If you have the respect to consult the gf, your relationship is probably in good standing.
It's what you do with the answer that tells the real story.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Get it in the pre-nup if you are Flyer fan and getting married.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 03:23 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,288 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
If you have the respect to consult the gf, your relationship is probably in good standing.
It's what you do with the answer that tells the real story.
I just see a difference between consult and ask permission.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:24 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
my wife and I will be there for Saturday and Sunday. we do not have tickets. we were counting on buying off the losers, hope this works. we would have to see the losers at the arena on friday right? do losers sell them at the hotels? we are staying where the team stays. If we get in later on Friday are we out of luck?
Old 03-08-2017, 03:30 PM
Just off the Jet

duq81 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by 66flyer View Post
Celebrating St. Paddy's Day a week early? Because of all the visitors? Or are they calendar impaired?
The parade is never held after the 17th. Since the actual day is next Friday, that pushes everything up to the 11th. They'll still be out in large numbers next Friday night.
Old 03-08-2017, 04:15 PM
General of the Air Force

You hit the nail right on the head! Plus kids activities messed it up for one, but overall I need more dependable friends! Still hoping the wife and I might be able to pull off a trip over for just Saturday and Sunday.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
mikeymo85 (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 05:44 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Dayton a 28.8% chance to win the Tourney, but a much harder road than VCU to get there.

http://kenpom.com/blog/2017-atlantic...ment-forecast/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (03-09-2017), MikeF (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 12:24 AM

I believe Sargent-at-Arms Sir Shocka is going....give him the Royal expense report and he can forward it to Sir SDF, the Royal Comptroller. The buck stops there.
Royal Expense report sees 13 dollar 24oz beers....
Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-09-2017)
Old 03-09-2017, 12:58 AM
Brigadier General

I spent $50 for virtually nothing at first session tonight...watch your wallet closely at PPG.

If you want a good ticket for the weekend, you better get to getting. If UD and VCU are in semifinals session, it will be virtually soldout.
Old 03-09-2017, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
Royal Expense report sees 13 dollar 24oz beers....
Put that and cab fare under 'fuel expense'.
shocka43 (03-09-2017)
Old 03-10-2017, 02:34 PM

Not any more.
C-time (03-10-2017)