Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 12:35 AM
Just off the Jet

Flyerfreek16 is on a distinguished road
San Diego

Anyone here going to the san deigo game on saturday?
Advertisement
Old 10-29-2008, 11:15 AM
1st Lieutenant

Charlie B is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Flyerfreek16 View Post
Anyone here going to the san deigo game on saturday?
Frank & Linda Valentino will be there.--- I checked my piggy Bank and there was only 36 cents left. But I'll be at the Jacksonville game.I'm going to start walking now. -
Old 10-29-2008, 12:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,452 Times in 781 Posts
DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Not this year....

I went two years ago and loved it! (Except for the score). I am really bummed that I could not make it this year. Everything about the trip to USD is great, especially if you participate in most of the alumni activities. I was actually able to talk one on one with Ted Kissel at one of the functions. Granted, you could always just go to Dayton and to that if you were so inclined, but it was "cooler" to be able to do it in San Diego at an alumni function.

Even if you do not make it this year, I cannot recommend this trip highly enough! Find a way to get to San Diego to see a Flyer football game. You will not regret it one iota!

As for JU.... I also enjoyed my visit there in 2006. (Except for the score). My experience indicated that the folks at JU are a bit different than the folks at USD. I'll be curious as to how those of you that make the JU trip find the experience.
Old 10-30-2008, 12:04 AM
1st Lieutenant

comebackkids0708 is a jewel in the roughcomebackkids0708 is a jewel in the roughcomebackkids0708 is a jewel in the rough
I agree DF, the JU trip expierence is ALOT different than the SD trip. JU field is a disgrace, yes I realize UD plays at a "high school" owned field but least there is more then 10 bleachers on the visitor side and the teams don't have to walk 1/2 mile to the field. Anyway enough of JU we'll get to them in a couple weeks, it's USD this week. UD will def. have to bring their A game. The scariest matchup for me is their WR vs our DBs. I think Joe C., Matt S. and the rest of the crew are very talented but USD WR core is something else, and the new QB isn't a JJ but he's darn good at what he does, less then 1 INT per game along with 300+ yards a game, wow! My hat goes off to JU but in my mind USD wasn't ready to play and whenever you give an underdog a slimmer of hope, i.e. a 1st half lead, you're in trouble as the favorite. Pressure pressure pressure. I know I preach it almost every game but this one is huge. The Flyers DL will need to keep the QB on his toes and knock him a couple good ones early. The atmosphere is going to be top notch and I can't wait but UD has to ignore it, and come out swinging. Expect the offense to have some tricks up their sleeves early to keep USD guessing, atleast I hope. I'd like to see a lot of swing passes to Millio and Valentino early to get Florian's comfort level up. Coming from Ohio Florian has played in huge games before but the most important part of those games is the first couple series. If you remember 2 years ago at USD, UD came out flat and USD did not which set the tone for the entire game. UD CANNOT get in a shoot out with USD, not the Flyer's style and they will be exposed big time if they try. Our defense will get extremely tired and quite frankly they will win this game for us...as long as they don't get tired. The coaching staff for the Flyers have been in this situation before so they won't do anything way out of their league but like I said the offense should and might throw some wrinkles early but nothing huge. Should be a great game but like I said at the beginning of the year...Flyers win!!
Old 10-30-2008, 12:17 AM
Just off the Jet

Flyerfreek16 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the reply. Ever since i moved out here recently i feel like im the only flyer fan in california. Its great that i can watch them in at least one sport. Anyone know if there is a place here in SD where alumni or fans get together to watch any of the flyer basketball games?
Old 10-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Lieutenant General

DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Game Notes:

Dayton:

http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/auto_pd...amenotes102908

San Diego:

http://usdtoreros.cstv.com/auto_pdf/...auto_pdf/notes
Old 10-30-2008, 12:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Now it gets interesting....

We are 7-1....

The combined record of the teams we have played to earn that 7-1 mark is 19-41....

We have four games left.

The combined record of the teams we have left to play is 20-10!

So, the eight teams we have played have not won as many games combined as the four teams we have left on the schedule!

Talk about a tough road to hoe....

at San Diego, currently 6-1

at Butler, currently 6-1

host Morehead State, currently 3-5

at Jacksonville, currently 5-3

It all begins this Saturday in San Diego. For some reason, I have a good feeling about this game. If Florian can play a solid, mistake free game, I think our defense can keep us in this game. I do not see USD getting much on the ground. They will get some passing yards, but I think we can pressure their QB and maybe force some mistakes, (fumbles or interceptions). Still, USD will score some points at home. So.... It will be up to Rob and company to score some points for the Flyers. It would help if Ben Shappie has a decent day and does not fumble. The best way to defeat USD is to keep their potent offense on the bench with great ball control.

USD is bemoaning the loss of a number of starters, (three to six), depending on what you read.... Don't count on that helping the Flyers all that much. Just like UD, USD has greatly improved their depth over the years. Just like us, when someone goes down, another player gets a chance to shine. Just like us, USD has won some games big which allowed the second, third and fourth strings to gain significant playing time. The loss to JU was USD's Duquesne.... A game they should have won, but did not. They are still the second best team in the PFL, (behind the Flyers of course).

As I said, I wish I could be there, but alas I will be listening to Larry and Mike. Since I'll be at home, I'll be posting real time in this thread. Please feel free to join me so we can cheer our Flyers onto victory via the Internet....
Old 10-31-2008, 12:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Rival!!!!!

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports...31usdfoot.html

Well done article on the big game tomorrow. Little doubt who the Toreros consider their rival to be in the PFL....
Mad Props to DetroitFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (10-31-2008)
Old 10-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Great article. One can feel the respect USD has for the Dayton football program.

The are smarting from last weeks loss, but anger alone doesn't win football games. They admit to being vulnerable.

Go Flyers!!
Old 11-01-2008, 05:37 PM
Lieutenant General

Is this game ever going to start?

It sure is odd waiting for a game to start in San Diego. The rest of the PFL play is already done today....

Jacksonville dismantled Butler today, at Butler.... JU appears to be the real deal. We need to win today to move into first place in the PFL all by ourselves.

Albany of the NEC went down 14-0 at the half to Monmouth, and then stormed back to win something like 35-17. Sure looks like the Gridiron Classic will be played in Albany, NY....
Old 11-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer View Post
It sure is odd waiting for a game to start in San Diego. The rest of the PFL play is already done today....

Jacksonville dismantled Butler today, at Butler.... JU appears to be the real deal. We need to win today to move into first place in the PFL all by ourselves.

Albany of the NEC went down 14-0 at the half to Monmouth, and then stormed back to win something like 35-17. Sure looks like the Gridiron Classic will be played in Albany, NY....
Larry and Mike on, getting close to kickoff. GO FOOTBALL FLYERS.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
8:00 start!

Turn your clock back now Detroiter, it doesn't seem so late!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:59 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer View Post
Larry and Mike on, getting close to kickoff. GO FOOTBALL FLYERS.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Past my bedtime already, good thing we set the clocks back tonight. USD moving on offense. Up to the 50.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Lieutenant General

Wow, facemask on the Flyers.... USD at the Flyer 33....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Lieutenant General

USD fumbles Vossler recovers. You can really hear the Flyer faithful.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Lieutenant General

UD rolling after long pass to Watkins. At the USD 14.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Lieutenant General

1st and goal for the Flyers....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:15 PM
Lieutenant General

Flyers choke, Glavin on for a 30 yarder, it is good! Dayton 3 San Diego 0.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:19 PM
Lieutenant General

Just gave up a third and 15.... Bummer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:19 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
That was a big third down conversion for San Diego
Old 11-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Lieutenant General

3rd and three for USD.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:21 PM
Lieutenant General

USD converts. Seems like they are completing passes at will....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:23 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Do you call this a defense "choke" !
Lieutenant General

TD USD to John Matthews. Mike says he was completely uncovered.... Extra point no good. USD 6 Dayton 3.
Posted via Mobile Device
General of the Air Force

UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Can't afford blown coverages and I don't like the sound of them using five wideouts. I think UD needs to be able to run to win this game
Old 11-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Lieutenant General

Tino returns the KO to the 35 or so....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:30 PM
Lieutenant General

Flyers at the USD 30. Make that the 28 or so. Third and 8.... End of the first quarter, USD 6 Dayton 3.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:33 PM
Lieutenant General

FG try.... 42 yard attempt. GOOD!!!!! Tied at 6. Might be a career long for Mr. Glavin!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:35 PM
Lieutenant General

Glavin pumped kicks off out of the endzone.... Great, Dayton offside, have to rekick. OUCH.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Lieutenant General

USD returns to the 26. Nice special teams play for UD.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:37 PM
Lieutenant General

3rd and 2 for USD. Need a stop.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:38 PM
Lieutenant General

Got it! Incomplete pass. 1st one for USD.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Lieutenant General

USD snaps over punter's head. Still got it away. UD starts at the USD 36. But lost 10 on a fumble....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:41 PM
Lieutenant General

Going backwards. Now 3rd and 23.... You just cannot make these kind of mistakes at USD. We need a huge play here. Can't blow this opportunity.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:43 PM
Lieutenant General

Incomplete pass. The Flyers choke BIG TIME. Bummer. Have to punt. USD returns to the 17.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Colonel

So far both teams making some big plays and big mistakes.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:44 PM
Lieutenant General

3rd and one for USD....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Lieutenant General

Measuring for the first down.... Nope, 4th and inches.... USD Going for it on their own 27.... Sneak, got it. Bummer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:47 PM
Colonel

USD got away with stupid 4th down gamble.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:48 PM
Lieutenant General

Seems like we make some good plays on defense, but USD is still passing at will. Need a sack.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Lieutenant General

3rd and 3 for USD now.... We need a play!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Good pressure, incomplete pass. Flyers hold, USD punting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:51 PM
Lieutenant General

Punt goes out at the two. 62 yard punt in the air....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:53 PM
Lieutenant General

2nd and 9 from our own 3. We really need a first down here. Time out Flyers....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:54 PM
Lieutenant General

3rd and 6....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Big penalty on the Flyers, offensive pass interference again after a huge Flyer gain. Incomplete pass. Have to punt out of our endzone. Penalties are killing us. Punt away, USD starts on our 25. Not looking good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:01 PM
Colonel

Seems like our receivers having some difficulty with close coverage and end up with offensive pass interference. Think USD is first team that plays man-to-man exclusively.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:03 PM
Lieutenant General

3rd and 8 for USD.... Incomplete pass. 4th and 8. USD going for it! At our 21.... TD USD. Flyers are not looking good. USD going for two. No good. On UD I guess. USD gets to try again.... Got it. USD 14 UD 6. Penalties are absolutely killing us. Have to play smart. Frustrating.....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:07 PM
General of the Air Force

When the fix is in you have to play perfectly to have a chance, unless you get a lot of breaks
Old 11-01-2008, 10:08 PM
Lieutenant General

Flyers falling apart. Florian throws an interception returned for a TD. We could get blown out here.... USD going for two, got it. USD 22 Dayton 6.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Colonel

1. Don't listen to OUR broadcasters, they cry about every penalty every game.
  2. A couple weeks ago we led the league in penalties called by many different refs. Don't know where we stand now.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Well fans, the Flyers are not giving us much to cheer about. We need a TD drive NOW.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM
Lieutenant General

Agree about Larry and Mike relative to penalties....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:15 PM
Lieutenant General

At the USD 29. Tino to the 15. 1 minute left in the half. TD to Bergfeld! NICE!!!!! Good way to end the half. Extra point is good. USD 22 Dayton 13. 54 seconds left in the half....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:19 PM
Lieutenant General

USD returns to the 33. 46 seconds in the half. 2nd and 3. 40 seconds left. 3rd and 3. 35 seconds left. Ball at USD 40. First down to the Flyer 43. 26 seconds left.... Need a big sack.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Lieutenant General

2nd and 10. Another complete USD pass. 3rd and 1. Come on Flyers!!!!!!! Run for first down. 5 seconds to play. USD FG attempt. 34 yards. Kick is no good. Halftime USD 22 Dayton 13.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:30 PM
General of the Air Force

LOL, are you saying it is impossible for the fix to be on, or that the refs aren't influenced in some way?

Originally Posted by Flyer Gramps View Post
  2. A couple weeks ago we led the league in penalties called by many different refs. Don't know where we stand now.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Lieutenant General

Somehow, it feels like we should be winning this game. Hopefully, we have a big second half and pull this one out. We need to get more pressure on their QB. Maybe some blitzing. Offense needs to be able to run more. BALL CONTROL. Here is to a game winning second half.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:34 PM
Colonel

First half

Could be worse; could be better first half. This is main difference:

They intercept and run it back for a score.

We go backward after they have a punt snap go over head and still punt to the 36.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:35 PM
Lieutenant General

It probably goes without saying, but we need points on our opening possession of the second half. Giving up that second two point conversion was big. Maybe a Tino return for a TD? I would take it....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Lieutenant General

Yep, USD has made a couple of big plays, the Flyers have not.... Kind of how we lost to Duquesne.... I hope we learned our lesson.... Remember the FG's instead of TD's at Duquesne? We have had our opportunities, just not taking advantage of them yet.... They nail a 62 yard punt, ours goes 20 yards on the other end.... Oh well, all things considered, we are hanging in there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:42 PM
Lieutenant General

We have 13 yards rushing in the first half....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:44 PM
Lieutenant General

USD reported to be pumped up....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:45 PM
Lieutenant General

Nice return to the 50 by Joe C.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Lieutenant General

3rd and 3 for the Flyers. We need this big time. 1st and goal, long run after catch by James Ward. Now 2nd and goal from the 9. Need 6 here.... 3rd and goal from the 5. Trick play time? Did not get it. FG try.... Kick is good. San Diego 22 Dayton 16. Need MUCH better red zone offense.... Still we got points. Now we need some big defensive plays.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Lieutenant General

2nd and 4 after a Morelli run. Another complete pass, first down USD.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 10:53 PM
Colonel

Lots of trouble for UD to score from the 2 to the 19 yard line.

I could smell some of the calls all the way in North Carolina so no doubt easy for USD to smell there. This is not unique for just the Flyers; many teams have this issue.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Afraid I have to disagree with you there. To put it simply if you don't like them then listen to OUR opponents announcers. If you want "cry baby cry" you'll get a lot of it with those announcers.

This game has stink all over it so far.

Originally Posted by Flyer Gramps View Post
Old 11-01-2008, 10:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Good, dropped pass. 2nd and 10. 3rd and 9. Let's hold em!!!!! Did it, pressure and incomplete pass. USD punting. Need a good return Tino. Nope, punted out of bounds at the Flyer 12.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Two plays, first down Flyers up to the 26. 2nd and 5. Watkins catch, first down. Nice to get out of the deep hole, out to the 44 now. 2nd and 2. First down to the Torero 46. 2nd and 6. Millio catch to the USD 19 I think.... Nice drive so far. Can we finish?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:05 PM
Lieutenant General

TD to Bergfeld AGAIN!!!!! Super drive. Tied at 22 pending the extra point. Kick no good.... Flag down.... We get another shot.... 2nd kick is good. Dayton 23 San Diego 22. GREAT start to the second half.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:06 PM
General of the Air Force

Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Too bad Florian didn't get to see the catch, but UD now back on top.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:08 PM
Lieutenant General

USD returns the kick to the 30. Good pressure, incomplete pass. 2nd and 10. Another incomplete pass. 3rd and 10. Dayton fans making some noise.... USD first down, Flyers blow it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:11 PM
Lieutenant General

2nd and 15 for USD. 3rd and 8. We need to hold this time.... Yep, we hold!!!!! USD punting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:14 PM
Lieutenant General

Punt returned to the 25. Let's go FLYERS. Florian runs for 5. 2nd and 5. Millio fights for a first down to the 36. Bergfeld up to the 50! Best game of the year for Bart. End of three.... Dayton 23 San Diego 22.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Lieutenant General

Flag.... Pass interference on San Diego.... Flyers at the USD 35. Collins catch to the three. First and goal for the Flyers. Shappie TD baby!!!!! Flyers 30 Toreros 22.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:20 PM
Lieutenant General

Looking just a bit better. Now we really need some defense.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:22 PM
Colonel

Now we need some fluids!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Lieutenant General

USD, 2nd and 8. 3rd and 7. Let's get this stop! Fumble, USD gets it back but has to punt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:27 PM
Lieutenant General

Tino to the 34. Sneak to the 37 by Rob, first down. Pass underthrown. 2nd and 10. Florian run for 2. 3rd and 8. Need this one boys! Nope, another interception. Not good.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Too much cramping going on for the Flyers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Lieutenant General

Need some defense. USD 2nd and 6. 3rd and 6. Hold em Flyers! Flyers hold! USD punting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:32 PM
Lieutenant General

fake, spot? Have to measure.... Dayton ball!!!!!!!!!! Whew!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-01-2008, 11:34 PM
Lieutenant General

First Down!

After a Florian sneak. At the USD 27.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:40 PM
Lieutenant General

6:35 left in the game....

Come on Flyers and clock!!!!! 2nd and 6. Incomplete pass. 3rd and 6 at the 23. We need a score here. Come on Flyers.... Ward catch for a first down to the 15! Big play. 5:59 to play. Let's go Flyers!! 2nd and 9.5 after a short rush. Millio catch and run to the 6. 3rd and one.... Run to the five.... Bad spot. 4th down.... What do you do? FG attempt coming up. Let's make this one Mr. Chemical Engineer! 23 yard attempt.... This could be huge! Kick is no good. Wow, what a choke by the Flyers....
Old 11-01-2008, 11:41 PM
1st Lieutenant

chriscage will become famous soon enough
Angry He shanked it!

Oh my God!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:42 PM
Colonel

USD coach gambeled, lost, but it did not cost him. He's lucky!
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,162 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
23yds is like an extra point.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
1st Lieutenant

Are these PFL Refs?

Or homers?
Old 11-01-2008, 11:44 PM
Colonel

Need to cover 2 more USD plays!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:48 PM
1st Lieutenant

Thumbs down He is sacked!

Down with Trojillo!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thumbs up Defense baby!

USD 2nd and 5 to 6.... Come on defense!!!!! At the USD 23. USD catch and run to the 30.... First down for USD. Larry and Mike think we are getting hosed on the spots.... 2nd and 13 after a bubble screen loss. 3rd and 8. 1:29 to go.... Oh Man.... Time out San Diego.

Four down territory for the Toreros. Need two big defensive plays here. At the USD 31....

USD first down. Not good! Up to the USD 43. Come on Flyers!!!! USD, 3rd and 1. One minute left in the game. Morrelli run to the Flyer 45, first down. Deep pass, incomplete. Great play by Matt S.

SACK!!!!!!! Back to the 46. USD time out. 32 seconds left. First sack of the day! Joe Reis gets it!

3rd and 19 for USD.... How about another sack Flyers?

Ball dropped. 4th and 19. Need one more defensive play. 25 seconds left. We earn it here baby. Incomplete pass, but a flag is down! Pass interference on us.... OK, I'll say it, we are getting hosed by these crappy refs!!!!!

16 seconds left....

At the Dayton 39.... Pass incomplete! 2nd and 10. 8 seconds left in the game.... Here we go....

Ball up for grabs, incomplete. The game is over.

Dayton 30 San Diego 22!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:53 PM
Colonel

OMG!

Texas Tech & Dayton both win!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:54 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,198 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Another Flyer victory. Just another day at the office.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
I'm coming, Elizabeth!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Coaches can't say anything but I think the play of the flyers after halftime said it all. They nw they were playing against more than just the Torreo's.

Congrats guys, nice win.
Old 11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Colonel

The Flyers beat some very talented football players, a gutsy, gambling coach and some very questionable calls. Way to go!
Old 11-01-2008, 11:56 PM
Lieutenant General

Who can

sleep after that? Wow, talk about having to overcome some very difficult circumstances.... Great job Flyers. USD's home winning streak ends at 28 games! Last team to beat USD in San Diego before this game, our Flyers!!!!!

Many mistakes, but MANY good, solid plays! Best win of the year to date for the Flyers!!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:00 AM
General of the Air Force

I was wrong about needing to run the ball Of course I didn't know Rob would go 34 of 43