User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-03-2018, 03:49 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
20s21 seconds ago
More
Arkansas has offered 2018 St James forward Dima Zdor
@NikkiChavanelle
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (05-03-2018)
Advertisement
Old 05-03-2018, 03:57 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
This thread is like the NFL draft. You have to talk about something while you're waiting for the next pick too come in. Who's on the clock?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (05-03-2018), Flyer 86 (05-25-2018), OSU Flyer (05-03-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 04:15 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
First big offer Zdor. Seems like he's been collecting mid major offers after a good AAU session in April
Old 05-03-2018, 09:12 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone knows if we are recruiting overseas?

When Matej committed to play at UD, it came completely out of the blue. I am curious to know if the current coaching staff is active in recruiting abroad. Matej is not a good example of why we should explore this option, but there are a handful of players at small schools like Davidson, George Washington, St. Mary’s and Gonzaga that are playing great basketball.

Wouldn’t be a pleasant surprise for us to pick up an overseas player flying under the radar?
Old 05-03-2018, 09:46 PM
General

I have no idea whether or not we are looking overseas. Ricardo Greer had a long pro career in France and I'm sure He and AG might have some Caribbean ties

Tough I think to do anything in there unless you've got some good connections (St. Mary's has an Australian assistant). I think that pipeline might be tapped now by other schools
Old 05-03-2018, 11:12 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Does anyone have any news on Zach Brown, 7’1””, 265 out of Miami Florida, please? On the web, he decommitted from Connecticut then was committed to St. John’s until released because he got caught burglarizing a Walgreens. On the web, all news stops there. Grant and his team of coaches have a lot of connections in Miami Florida. What’s the news on this giant former top recruit?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2018, 07:54 AM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Does anyone have any news on Zach Brown, 7’1””, 265 out of Miami Florida, please? On the web, he decommitted from Connecticut then was committed to St. John’s until released because he got caught burglarizing a Walgreens. On the web, all news stops there. Grant and his team of coaches have a lot of connections in Miami Florida. What’s the news on this giant former top recruit?
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't know anything other than your message above, but the fact that you said "burglarized a Walgreens" and not "shoplifted from a Walgreens" tells me exactly why all recruiting stopped.

Aaron Hernandez had great stats with the Patriots until he got arrested for murder. Suddenly all stats stopped there. Hmm.
Mad Props to superfan99 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 08:49 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Maybe his recruiting stock went down not because he burglarized the Walgreens but because he thought no one could pick him out of a line up if he got caught.
Mad Props to oldfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 08:58 AM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
6 months after the Walgreens thing...he got arrested again for mugging somebody.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/hi...155178334.html
Old 05-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Young/old boys/men make lots of mistakes in life. Its been over a year since the incident that this guy was involved with. I was just wondering if anyone knew a status?

I know, we are all fans. On this board, i see a lot of belly-aching that Dayton can not recruit bigs against the P5 conferences. So, we belly-ache that we need to join the big east. In the mean time, we need to come to grips with the reality that if Dayton wants to recruit top talent; we are going to have to look at kids with rough edges. Last year, i thought we should have looked at the 7 footer who punched a fellow student Oklahoma football player and got expelled from Oklahoma. Here is another top 50 recruit with blemishes. We shouldn’t be so critical and be able to look past the scrapes these kids get themselves into.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
We shouldn’t be so critical and be able to look past the scrapes these kids get themselves into.
Posted via Mobile Device
Bonziflyer (05-04-2018), Gazoo (05-04-2018), Hoop It Up (05-04-2018), Medford (05-04-2018), Monster Man (05-04-2018), OSU Flyer (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 09:43 AM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
I am serious, and don't call me Shirley!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (05-04-2018), MNFats (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 10:12 AM
1st Lieutenant

Hoop It Up is a name known to allHoop It Up is a name known to allHoop It Up is a name known to allHoop It Up is a name known to allHoop It Up is a name known to allHoop It Up is a name known to all
I don't want to start anything here... but I can't help myself. This is hands down, the dumbest post I have ever read on here. We should recruit criminals to help our basketball program? "Blemishes"??? No thanks. I hope we're better than this.

Young/old boys/men make lots of mistakes in life. Its been over a year since the incident that this guy was involved with. I was just wondering if anyone knew a status?

I know, we are all fans. On this board, i see a lot of belly-aching that Dayton can not recruit bigs against the P5 conferences. So, we belly-ache that we need to join the big east. In the mean time, we need to come to grips with the reality that if Dayton wants to recruit top talent; we are going to have to look at kids with rough edges. Last year, i thought we should have looked at the 7 footer who punched a fellow student Oklahoma football player and got expelled from Oklahoma. Here is another top 50 recruit with blemishes. We shouldn’t be so critical and be able to look past the scrapes these kids get themselves into.
Posted via Mobile Device
13 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Hoop It Up For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (05-04-2018), cj (05-04-2018), cralford (05-04-2018), Gazoo (05-04-2018), Graphicsguy (05-06-2018), longtimefan (05-04-2018), Medford (05-04-2018), Monster Man (05-04-2018), rollo (05-04-2018), San Diego Flyer (05-05-2018), skip69 (05-16-2018), springborofan (05-04-2018), UDGutter2 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 11:48 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute

Posted via Mobile Device
This kid had 3 arrests as of last year. Theft at Walgreens, a strong armed robbery, and credit card fraud. I am all for giving second chances for a kid that made a minor mistake, but these are not minor and he has already made 3 mistakes.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:14 PM
General

Posted via Mobile Device
I hate to even bring this up but according to the St Johns board he's identifying as a woman now
Old 05-04-2018, 12:36 PM
Major

Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I hate to even bring this up but according to the St Johns board he's identifying as a woman now
Imagine how great Zach Brown could be for our women's team.

Any scholarships open?
Old 05-04-2018, 12:55 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
My problem with Zach Brown is that his music sucks. Pass.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (05-04-2018), UDGutter2 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 12:57 PM
General

Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
Their 'electronic' album was truly dreadful
Old 05-04-2018, 01:05 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
If he's going to identify as a woman he should have stayed at UConn.
Old 05-04-2018, 01:08 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
"Thems" there fighting words.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
He went to Putnam Science Academy, Scoochie's old school, for about a month and got kicked out of there. Since then he has had multiple arrests and is now identifying as a woman.

I could tell you some good stories just from his month at PSA.

EDIT: Sorry somebody beat me to it but it is true.
Old 05-04-2018, 02:43 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
He went to Putnam Science Academy, Scoochie's old school, for about a month and got kicked out of there. Since then he has had multiple arrests and is now identifying as a woman.

And NOW we know why you pass on a kid after the 2nd felony arrest.
Old 05-04-2018, 03:13 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of

Wouldn't picking he/she up be good for our Title IX status?
Mad Props to AZFlyer85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Monster Man (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 03:25 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OCFlyer85 View Post
Wouldn't picking he/she up be good for our Title IX status?
Absolutely, he/she could possibly win the ESPN Arthur Ashe Courage Award too!
Mad Props to Monster Man For This Totally Excellent Post:
AZFlyer85 (05-04-2018)
Old 05-04-2018, 03:42 PM
Major

cralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond repute

It is posts like these that make me glad I got up this morning. This is Great
Old 05-06-2018, 01:27 PM
Colonel

I have been reading the transfer wires and watching utube videos on a lot of these kids. I have been focusing on kids 6’10” or taller. But so many of them have criminal records or other significant social issues. Its a mindfield out there. Clearly these kids have inherited DNA that makes them athletic, tall and strong. But something is missing. They are not inheriting from their parents morals, a sense of what is right and wrong and what can make them special. Its a little depressing to read and watch what these kids have already done to their lives. They are only 18 years old.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2018, 03:52 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,608 Times in 694 Posts
Monster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond reputeMonster Man has a reputation beyond repute
Thier parents are missing in action, so values and morals are never instilled. Unfortunately. Irresponsibility/criminal behavior have become generational and reciprocal. Also, not interested in giving good basketball players multiple chances. How did Devin Scott and Jalen Robinson work out?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-07-2018, 10:27 PM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
Jabali Leanord from Meadowdale 6-1 180 pg will be on academic scholarship to UD and will walk on per his Twitter !
Posted via Mobile Device
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to soccergod For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (05-08-2018), BeckysTXA (05-08-2018), CvilleFlyer (05-08-2018), Flyer 86 (05-08-2018), jack72 (05-08-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-08-2018), OSU Flyer (05-07-2018), San Diego Flyer (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 08:00 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Jabali Leonard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=C-2B4NsYLAU

http://fox45now.com/sports/high-scho...-walk-on-at-ud
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (05-08-2018), mikeymo85 (05-08-2018), Ready Action (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 10:53 AM

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Great get for UD on two fronts.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-08-2018)
Old 05-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Colonel

Will someone please create a welcome page for Jabali Leonard, please?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-08-2018, 09:46 PM
General

Corey Evans

@coreyevans_10
43s43 seconds ago
More
UMass has offered 2018 St James forward Dima Zdor
Flyer 86 (05-10-2018)
Old 05-09-2018, 04:53 PM
General

Team Loaded NC

@teamloadednc
2h2 hours ago
More
2018 6’7 Wing David Wingett has committed/signed with Memphis !!! ����������������
Flyer 86 (05-10-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 10:16 PM
General

top ten JUCO big men Mohamed Thiam and Ivan Aurrecoechea are off the board to New Mexico State
Old 05-11-2018, 12:16 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Keep an eye on 6'8" Athletic Freak Kenny Isnord who plays in Florida (originally from the Bahamas)

He was already followed by UDBB Twitter and Coach Farrell... Today was followed by Coach Solomon and Coach Greer
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (05-11-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (05-11-2018), Flyer 86 (05-12-2018), mikeymo85 (05-11-2018), MNFats (05-11-2018), Monster Man (05-11-2018), OSU Flyer (05-11-2018), rollo (05-11-2018), Runnin' Rebel (05-11-2018), TXFlyerFan (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 01:28 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Keep an eye on 6'8" Athletic Freak Kenny Isnord who plays in Florida (originally from the Bahamas)

He was already followed by UDBB Twitter and Coach Farrell... Today was followed by Coach Solomon and Coach Greer
Love him, greater leaper and defender. However, he is 2019.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2018, 01:30 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Love him, greater leaper and defender. However, he is 2019.
Posted via Mobile Device
He's 2018... Could Prep in 2019, but we'll see
Old 05-11-2018, 02:30 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute

Coach Greer's Twitter is protected unless he accepts your request, so I can't see who he follows. I don't see Isnord on Coach Solomon's Twitter follows. I had previously seen him on DaytonMBB and Coach Farrell
Old 05-11-2018, 02:49 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Coach Greer's Twitter is protected unless he accepts your request, so I can't see who he follows. I don't see Isnord on Coach Solomon's Twitter follows. I had previously seen him on DaytonMBB and Coach Farrell
It's a ways down... Anthony followed a ton today
Old 05-11-2018, 02:55 PM

TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Andy Farrell followed a bunch more too. Both he and DaytonMBB are following Cardet, Jr now.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:35 PM

He's 2018... Could Prep in 2019, but we'll see
VC has him as 2019 and a junior. http://verbalcommits.com/players/wilkenson-isnord
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-11-2018, 09:57 PM
General

VC has him as 2019 and a junior. http://verbalcommits.com/players/wilkenson-isnord
Posted via Mobile Device
St. Bonaventure and Buffalo offered Team Breakdown 2018 6-8 center Wilkenson Isnord (Blanche Ely).

“I don’t have a leader as yet but Austin Peay and St. Bonaventure are showing the most interest,” said Isnord, who helped Ely to the Class 8A state championship in March. “I may reclassify to 2019 and go to prep school.”

http://boxscorereport.com/team-break...-under-armour/
Old 05-13-2018, 10:19 PM
General

Verbal Commits

@VerbalCommits
1h1 hour ago
More
2018 Rossville Christian (TN) G Malik Riddle has committed to Morehead State. @_malik_23 http://verbalcommits.com/players/malik-riddle

Dayton showed interest at one point
Old 05-14-2018, 11:15 PM
General

ᴊᴀᴋᴇ ᴘᴇʀᴘᴇʀ

@JakePerper
15h15 hours ago
More
2018 Miami Christian G Neftali Alvarez is down to his top 3 - Fairfield, FGCU and FIU, per @305Hoops. The decision will likely come this week. @alvarez2neftali
MNFats (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 11:42 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
ᴊᴀᴋᴇ ᴘᴇʀᴘᴇʀ

@JakePerper
15h15 hours ago
More
2018 Miami Christian G Neftali Alvarez is down to his top 3 - Fairfield, FGCU and FIU, per @305Hoops. The decision will likely come this week. @alvarez2neftali
Offers from UD, VCU, Virginia, Wichita St, Georgia Tech, Purdue, etc. And that's the final 3? Other offers may have been off the table...
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-15-2018), Flyer 86 (05-15-2018), jack72 (05-15-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 11:47 PM
General

Virginia, Purdue and Georgia Tech I'm not sure how real those were. From reading Wichita's board he seemed liked a plan B guy for them if they missed on their top targets

I think with Dayton they offered him in December and another PG Xavier Pinson in January before Crutcher really solidified himself as the PG. After the way Jalen played in A10 I think he took away the need to get another PG this year
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (05-15-2018), CvilleFlyer (05-14-2018)
Old 05-15-2018, 12:29 AM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
It might be a case of him just wanting to stay close to home at FIU or FGCU. Doesn’t explain Fairfield but perhaps he has some connection with Fairfield - first to offer, a coach who is a family friend, etc. Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s really down to the two Florida schools for him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (05-15-2018)
Old 05-21-2018, 01:41 PM
Major General

@verbalcommits
2018 Saint James (MD) F Dima Zdor has received an offer from Illinois. (HT @AyalewAdam) verbalcommits.com/players/dima-z…
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2018, 09:16 PM
General

@HoopExchange
Follow Follow @HoopExchange
More
2018 Neftali Alvarez (Miami Christian) has committed to
Fairfield!
Old 05-23-2018, 09:39 PM
Major General

Interesting.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2018, 10:34 PM

I wonder if we'll see any increase in activity when the dead period ends the 25th of May, at least until July 6. Assume basically after June we won't hear anything regarding recruits for the upcoming year since I expect UD would want them on campus for the second summer session which starts June 22nd.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:29 AM
General of the Air Force

I wonder if we'll see any increase in activity when the dead period ends the 25th of May, at least until July 6. Assume basically after June we won't hear anything regarding recruits for the upcoming year since I expect UD would want them on campus for the second summer session which starts June 22nd.
I expect it to be not too active... I only expect us to use 1 of our last 2 schollies (use it on a guy with size) and then pocket the last one for 2019 and beyond.

I'm hoping it gets figured out in the next week before Coach heads to Canada and USA Basketball.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:18 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Think maybe he is not afraid to face the season with what he has now. A burly big is on the wish list of every A10 team, but seldom is fulfilled. AG can afford to be patient with the last 2 to see if one of the many bigs gets squeezed out of the transfer battles.

We are back to the debate of being careful not to settle because you have him for 4 years in all probability.

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 05-24-2018 at 09:21 AM..
Old 05-24-2018, 10:15 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
IIRC, didn't UD sign Josh Cuningham in the month of June? Maybe that June signing was just a formality as they already had him locked up but there's probably still some guys out there that will transfer within the next couple weeks..
Old 05-24-2018, 11:49 AM
General

Originally Posted by steve View Post
IIRC, didn't UD sign Josh Cuningham in the month of June? Maybe that June signing was just a formality as they already had him locked up but there's probably still some guys out there that will transfer within the next couple weeks..
Cooke and Cunningham both commited in early June,
Flyer 86 (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 12:02 PM
General

I expect it to be not too active... I only expect us to use 1 of our last 2 schollies (use it on a guy with size) and then pocket the last one for 2019 and beyond.

I'm hoping it gets figured out in the next week before Coach heads to Canada and USA Basketball.
I would think if it's someone they've been recruiting for a while they could move pretty quickly to try and close the deal
Old 05-24-2018, 12:09 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by steve View Post
In retrospect, it seemed to be locked up, as I recall there being very little noise at all about Josh Cunningham visiting other schools, etc. And there was an exchange on twitter at some point earlier that summer between Josh and I think it was Kyle Davis that foreshadowed his committing.

Cooke and Cunningham both commited in early June,
The latest one I remember was Derenbecker. He committed like early to mid August.
Flyer 86 (05-24-2018)
Old 05-24-2018, 05:22 PM
General

Thanked 1,267 Times in 785 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
I predict we'll see our next recruit June 1 to June 10th,possibly a little later.
But not much.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:45 PM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
I predict we'll see our next recruit June 1 to June 10th,possibly a little later.
But not much.
This sounds cryptically encouraging.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Widget For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (05-25-2018)
Old 05-26-2018, 04:08 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Think maybe he is not afraid to face the season with what he has now. A burly big is on the wish list of every A10 team, but seldom is fulfilled. AG can afford to be patient with the last 2 to see if one of the many bigs gets squeezed out of the transfer battles.

We are back to the debate of being careful not to settle because you have him for 4 years in all probability.
This is player is the kind of player that can show up when many programs have filled all their scholarships. Withdrew from the NBA draft and is a grad transfer:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...stian-mekowulu
Old 05-26-2018, 09:33 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
This is player is the kind of player that can show up when many programs have filled all their scholarships. Withdrew from the NBA draft and is a grad transfer:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...stian-mekowulu
Tennessee State transfer Christian Mekowulu, 6’9” 245lbs. Has one year of eligibility remaining and is immediately available! AG and staff go get this kid. From what I saw on you tube he could really fit into the culture for one year and average even close to a double, double in points and rebounds!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-11-2018), San Diego Flyer (05-26-2018)
Old 05-30-2018, 05:44 PM
General

Illinois basketball's net for frontcourt help continues to widen. Illinois offered Ukrainian forward Dima Zdor, Illini Inquirer confirmed. ElevateHoops.com first reported the news.

The 6-foot-10, 215-pound forward plays for Saint James in Hagerstown, Md., and also holds offers from Arkansas, Drake, UMass, Siena, Weber State and LeHigh, among others. Michigan, Vanderbilt, Wichita State, Temple and Dayton also have shown interest.

Illinois is looking to add a versatile stretch four to their depth chart, and Zdor flashes some of the desired skills. He has length and solid athleticism with the ability to finish at the rim. He also shows the ability to stretch the floor from three but also take defenders off the dribble. Like most young frontcourt players, he must add strength at the next level.

https://247sports.com/college/illino...Zdor-118406548
Old 05-30-2018, 05:48 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Illinois basketball's net for frontcourt help continues to widen. Illinois offered Ukrainian forward Dima Zdor, Illini Inquirer confirmed. ElevateHoops.com first reported the news.

The 6-foot-10, 215-pound forward plays for Saint James in Hagerstown, Md., and also holds offers from Arkansas, Drake, UMass, Siena, Weber State and LeHigh, among others. Michigan, Vanderbilt, Wichita State, Temple and Dayton also have shown interest.

Illinois is looking to add a versatile stretch four to their depth chart, and Zdor flashes some of the desired skills. He has length and solid athleticism with the ability to finish at the rim. He also shows the ability to stretch the floor from three but also take defenders off the dribble. Like most young frontcourt players, he must add strength at the next level.

https://247sports.com/college/illino...Zdor-118406548
Many on this board were trashing Zdor 30 days ago. I came out and said, based on his highlight video, he looked better than Morgan from Springboro. Not the same coaching staff at Illinois but they must think so as well!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (05-30-2018), OSU Flyer (05-30-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 04:57 PM
General

Mark Singelais

Verified account

@MarkSingelais
Jun 6
More
.@SienaMBB will host an official visit tomorrow from Dima Zdor, a 6-10, 220-pound power forward from St. James School in Hagerstown, Md., per sources. Siena is the only mid-major in Zdor’s four finalists, which also includes Illinois, Vanderbilt and UMass.
MNFats (06-08-2018)
Old 06-07-2018, 11:25 PM
General

Thanked 4,829 Times in 2,232 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Siena is the only mid-major in Zdor’s four finalists, which also includes Illinois, Vanderbilt and UMass.
Anyone else notice UMass not considered a mid-major?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (06-08-2018), MNFats (06-08-2018), redbengal (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 12:33 AM
Major General

Yes. It’s ironic because Siena’s average attendance for basketball is twice that of UMass. Though to be fair, neither program is any good. So I don’t know. Siena as a mid major is probably a compliment. Maybe they’re considering UMass a low major, and if so I’d say that’s harsh but not unfair. All I know is major they aren’t, and they haven’t been since the days of Calipari and Camby.
Posted via Mobile Device
Flyer 86 (06-29-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 01:49 AM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Yes. It’s ironic because Siena’s average attendance for basketball is twice that of UMass. Though to be fair, neither program is any good. So I don’t know. Siena as a mid major is probably a compliment. Maybe they’re considering UMass a low major, and if so I’d say that’s harsh but not unfair. All I know is major they aren’t, and they haven’t been since the days of Calipari and Camby.
Posted via Mobile Device
Neither program is any good? When was the last time we beat UMass? It seems like forever.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:08 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Neither program is any good? When was the last time we beat UMass? It seems like forever.
January 6, 2016. 93-63.
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TommyGola (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 08:00 AM
Major General

They have had our number that’s for sure.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2018, 03:23 PM
Colonel

Folks, correct me if I am wrong? But, I believe that Dayton, in previous years, has signed recruits in the month of June that could play this year. I believe that Dayton has never signed anyone after the month of June who could play that year. Please someone tell me if that is correct?

Given the above is correct; I am still holding out hope for a signing of one or two BIGS up to the end of June. Dayton still has two open scholarships. But, once June 30 rolls around then that is it. If we have no signings then Cunningham is our center. The roster is set. We will be playing “small ball”.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-08-2018, 04:55 PM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Folks, correct me if I am wrong? But, I believe that Dayton, in previous years, has signed recruits in the month of June that could play this year. I believe that Dayton has never signed anyone after the month of June who could play that year. Please someone tell me if that is correct?

Given the above is correct; I am still holding out hope for a signing of one or two BIGS up to the end of June. Dayton still has two open scholarships. But, once June 30 rolls around then that is it. If we have no signings then Cunningham is our center. The roster is set. We will be playing “small ball”.
Posted via Mobile Device
To be fair - it's unlikely that there is a big out there, with eligibility this year, who can contribute for us right away. Maybe there is a grad transfer I'm missing.

And I think we need to define "small ball". We had a pretty darn good season without a guy over 6'6" (that was small ball). We will have 4 such players this year. Most of them lack girth, but 6'8" isn't "small".

I'm hoping to see a lot of up tempo defense leading to up tempo offense. We are setup to run. Yes, we will struggle against a team that can slow us down and has a true post presence, but we have a chance to dictate pace most nights.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-13-2018), frisco flyer (06-09-2018), Lowd&ProUD (06-09-2018), San Diego Flyer (06-09-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 05:01 PM
General

Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
To be fair - it's unlikely that there is a big out there, with eligibility this year, who can contribute for us right away. Maybe there is a grad transfer I'm missing.

And I think we need to define "small ball". We had a pretty darn good season without a guy over 6'6" (that was small ball). We will have 4 such players this year. Most of them lack girth, but 6'8" isn't "small".

I'm hoping to see a lot of up tempo defense leading to up tempo offense. We are setup to run. Yes, we will struggle against a team that can slow us down and has a true post presence, but we have a chance to dictate pace most nights.
My only concern with this is that from what I've read, heard and seen Frankie & Obie are more in the mold of X. Williams than Pollard
Old 06-08-2018, 05:07 PM
Captain

1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of

Posted via Mobile Device
I believe Alex Robertson signed in August and played that same year!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 1in25 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (06-11-2018), OSU Flyer (06-08-2018), Viperstick (06-08-2018)
Old 06-08-2018, 06:33 PM

Summer session starts 6/22. I have to believe anyone they want on the team will be signed by then. There may just not be anyone out there that would be a fit. At some point though, I think you need someone bigger than 6-8, if for nothing else than shot-blocking capability.
Old 06-10-2018, 07:15 AM
Colonel

Summer session starts 6/22. I have to believe anyone they want on the team will be signed by then. There may just not be anyone out there that would be a fit. At some point though, I think you need someone bigger than 6-8, if for nothing else than shot-blocking capability.
TXFlyerFan: Thank you for giving me a target date. i am keeping my fingers crossed until the date you provided.

As of right now, Dayton’s backup center is Trey Landers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-10-2018, 02:30 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
Do you guys realize Toppin is bigger than JC at 6'9 220 and Miksell is 6'7 220 and is not a small forward or guard for Lord sake????
Mad Props to Shawnee2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-11-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 03:27 PM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 810 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shawnee2 View Post
Do you guys realize Toppin is bigger than JC at 6'9 220 and Miksell is 6'7 220 and is not a small forward or guard for Lord sake????
Then he’s grown an inch and added 27 pounds in less than a year. If true great. But last year’s roster had Toppin at 6-8 and 193. Mikesell was listed at 215, so him putting on five pounds is a more reasonable expectation.
Old 06-10-2018, 03:43 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
He has put on 25 pounds and he was always 6'8 or 6'9 range!
Mad Props to Shawnee2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-10-2018, 06:43 PM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Don't believe everything you read, especially when it comes to height, weight, NBA bodies and criminal charges.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:11 PM
General of the Air Force

Kenny Isnord re-classified to the 2019 class (going prep)
Old 06-12-2018, 01:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Then he’s grown an inch and added 27 pounds in less than a year. If true great. But last year’s roster had Toppin at 6-8 and 193. Mikesell was listed at 215, so him putting on five pounds is a more reasonable expectation.
I will say that the recent video shows that he is thicker than he was when he first got. Not unreasonable to believe he put on 25 pounds.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:19 PM

I wonder if there's an advantage of doing a prep year vs going to college and redshirting? Assuming you can already qualify for NCAA, I would assume it would be better to go to college and redshirt. Gotta have better strength/conditioning, you can practice with team, etc.
Old 06-12-2018, 02:36 PM

I wonder if there's an advantage of doing a prep year vs going to college and redshirting? Assuming you can already qualify for NCAA, I would assume it would be better to go to college and redshirt. Gotta have better strength/conditioning, you can practice with team, etc.
Two advantages at least, you get to keep playing in organized games, but most importantly these kids hope to prove themselves and pick up more and better offers.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (06-12-2018), OSU Flyer (06-15-2018), TXFlyerFan (06-12-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 01:21 PM
Colonel

TxFlyerFan: i still have my fingers crossed. Following your logic, i see the second summer session last day to register is 06/22, Friday with Saturday classes beginning on 06/23. So this is the last weekend before the second session. Surely, a kid would be signed and his parent’s or significant others would be moving him into campus on this weekend. If anyone sees any really tall/bigs kids moving onto campus then they must be the ones. Hopefully, there are two of them moving in taking the last two open scholarships.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (06-15-2018)
Old 06-15-2018, 05:07 PM
Colonel

TxFlyerFan: i still have my fingers crossed. Following your logic, i see the second summer session last day to register is 06/22, Friday with Saturday classes beginning on 06/23. So this is the last weekend before the second session. Surely, a kid would be signed and his parent’s or significant others would be moving him into campus on this weekend. If anyone sees any really tall/bigs kids moving onto campus then they must be the ones. Hopefully, there are two of them moving in taking the last two open scholarships.
Posted via Mobile Device
To be eligible to play, don't they just have to be signed up for fall classes? The deadline for that is 8/21.
Old 06-15-2018, 05:28 PM
General

You could still sign someone after 6/23. I think you have to be enrolled in summer classes to participate in summer workouts though.

I'd be surprised if anyone else on the radar. The only hope I would think is Tre Williams who graduated from high school this year but is going to a prep school next year. He's visiting 6/21, possible his visit blows him away
Old 06-16-2018, 06:26 PM
General

Verbal Commits

@VerbalCommits
4m4 minutes ago
More
2018 Saint James (MD) F Dima Zdor has committed to Weber State.
Flyer 86 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 09:53 AM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
Verbal Commits

@VerbalCommits
4m4 minutes ago
More
2018 Saint James (MD) F Dima Zdor has committed to Weber State.
Very weird given his offers had picked up a bit recently.

Last edited by Wallage; 06-17-2018 at 09:54 AM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 06-17-2018, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Wallage View Post
Not really. Utah is a beautiful place if you love the outdoors. Weber has been to the NCAA 2 of the last 4 years. They have 5 kids who are 6'8" or over, and a young team.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-17-2018, 02:33 PM
Colonel

Furio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant futureFurio has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Wallage View Post
Weird from the standpoint he had a final 5 list and Weber St was not on it.
Mad Props to Furio For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (06-17-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 08:44 AM
Colonel

TxFlyerFan: The weekend was quiet. I did not hear about any parents or significant others moving any really tall and big basketball player looking kids into their living quarters. But , we still have until Friday. That is, to move in PRIOR to the second summer session and qualify to practice with the team.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-18-2018, 08:55 AM

TxFlyerFan: The weekend was quiet. I did not hear about any parents or significant others moving any really tall and big basketball player looking kids into their living quarters. But , we still have until Friday. That is, to move in PRIOR to the second summer session and qualify to practice with the team.
Posted via Mobile Device
The only visit I'm aware of was an unofficial visit with Tyler Bertram, 2019 G from Vermont Academy. If anyone else visited, I didn't hear about it. I'm reasonably certain at this point no one else is coming this year. Could there be a surprise? I suppose but highly unlikely at this point.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:23 AM
General of the Air Force

TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
[QUOTE=jack72;552853]Not really. Utah is a beautiful place if you love the outdoors. Weber has been to the NCAA 2 of the last 4 years. They have 5 kids who are 6'8" or over, and a young team.[/QUOTE

I believe those NCAA were conf tourney wins. I don’t think they have ever been an at-large qualifier.
Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
IAFlyer (06-26-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 09:26 AM

[QUOTE=TA111;552883]
Not really. Utah is a beautiful place if you love the outdoors. Weber has been to the NCAA 2 of the last 4 years. They have 5 kids who are 6'8" or over, and a young team.[/QUOTE

I believe those NCAA were conf tourney wins. I don’t think they have ever been an at-large qualifier.
Why is that important?
Old 06-18-2018, 09:48 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Not really. Utah is a beautiful place if you love the outdoors. Weber has been to the NCAA 2 of the last 4 years. They have 5 kids who are 6'8" or over, and a young team.
They also consistently rank in the top 100 for attendance, averaging almost 7K per game. They've been to the NCAA tournament 16 times including 2 Sweet 16s. Very, very good program that is never talked about (and I didn't even mention Damian Lillard). Ideal candidate for expansion should the MW ever consider adding non-FBS football schools.
Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 10:21 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
and I didn't even mention Damian Lillard
or Harold "the show" Arceneaux. That dude single-handedly took down 3-seeded North Carolina.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
hawkoooo (06-18-2018), OSU Flyer (06-18-2018)
Old 06-18-2018, 01:04 PM
Captain

AZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud ofAZFlyer85 has much to be proud of
Weber has always had a solid program. They came into our crib a couple of years ago and kicked our a$$.
Old 06-20-2018, 10:16 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
AG's first real class. So where does this class rank nationally and in the A10?
Old 06-20-2018, 10:21 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OCFlyer85 View Post
Weber has always had a solid program. They came into our crib a couple of years ago and kicked our a$$.
Wonder what you call a real 15-20 point whuppin' if you call a 1 point loss an ass-kicking.
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (06-20-2018)
Old 06-20-2018, 11:56 AM
General of the Air Force

[QUOTE=jack72;552884]
Originally Posted by TA111 View Post

Why is that important?
Because they are in a one bid league and have never had a resume worthy of NCAA. It’s would be like comparing Wagner who has also made the NCAA.