UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Who blew it last night?
Cunningham: 16 pts, 8 rbs but 1st half foul trouble took him out when he was needed most 3 8.57%
Landers: 20 min, 0 pts, 3 rbs. 5 14.29%
Kostas: 2 pts, 0 rbs, 5 TOs, 4 fouls 24 68.57%
Jordan Davis: 26 min, 0 pts, 2 rbs 1 2.86%
Svoboda: 32 min, 6 pts, 0 rbs, 3 TOs 2 5.71%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-04-2017, 07:08 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Not-So-Golden Turnovers II - MSU

I guess My Flyers didn't learn from their mistakes the last game...so here we go again.

That's all I have to say.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:24 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
I gave it to Kostas if for no other reason than he needs to stop his crybaby act at every whistle. I muted and listened to Larry and Bucky and both of them even said he needs to zip it. He spent last year around one of the classiest group of seniors who rarely let a (bad) call linger...rarely. Not to mention a big bro who mentors him and I doubt would like his little brother's tantrums. Time for him to $hut up and play.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 07:35 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
50 turnovers made me think I was watching a tennis match. Total team letdown last night but the effort through all the negatives on defense was nice to see.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:36 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Where Is X's Name

His absence has contributed greatly to the loss.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:26 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,328 Times in 1,078 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
To be fair though- a lot of freshman argue/complain foul calls. Iirc Kendal did it early in his career. Freshman need to be reminded that generally bad calls even out-as the game progresses. However - i nearly threw up when the ref called a timeout to let the MSU player put his shoe back on. I’ve NEVER EVER seen that done- and that includes church leagues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 12-04-2017, 08:36 AM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
To be fair though- a lot of freshman argue/complain foul calls. Iirc Kendal did it early in his career. Freshman need to be reminded that generally bad calls even out-as the game progresses. However - i nearly threw up when the ref called a timeout to let the MSU player put his shoe back on. I’ve NEVER EVER seen that done- and that includes church leagues.
Posted via Mobile Device
The only reason to stop play is for safety reasons and losing a shoe isn't necessarily dangerous. But in this case, the lost shoe was inside the 3-point line where all the action takes place, so I think it was justified. Anywhere else, and it's the player's problem.
BeckysTXA (12-04-2017), Bigtimeflyersguy (12-04-2017), Figgie123 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:47 AM
Captain

MikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
His absence has contributed greatly to the loss.
Are you sure his absence isn't actually a plus.
Mad Props to MikeFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 09:56 AM

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Kostas gets it as his playing and attitude were pathetic. His fouls and Cunningham's puts the whole team in an immediate funk. He needs to shut up and play tougher and harder. He probably contributed to us almost winning because he was in foul trouble and did not play, as much.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 AM

I expect so little from Kostas that I can't waste a Royal vote on him. Cunningham, on the other hand, I expect a lot from (and I don't mean fouls and turnovers)...which is why he has earned the Royal Not-So-Golden Turnover tally.

Last edited by rollo; 12-04-2017 at 11:47 AM..
Old 12-04-2017, 08:45 PM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeFlyer View Post
Are you sure his absence isn't actually a plus.
Yep, no room on the old Flyer bandwagon for a 6'9" Junior who averaged 8 Pts and 5 boards last year....certainly after two full games of utter disappointment this year. Seriously?
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (12-05-2017)