Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-11-2017, 08:12 AM
1st Lieutenant

Mr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to all
Blessing in disguise?

I'm sure we all can agree - winning the A10 tournament was the goal and getting the best seed possible (probable 6 MAX) was the plan, & it really stinks that we didn't accomplish that... BUT... is this a blessing in disguise?

1. Full week to prepare, pressure free - get back to basics, DAYTON basketball.
2. We are healthy (to my knowledge) - who knows what happens if we play the weekend games.
3. It's once again this teams SENIORS last game.. and we all saw what happened last time (Senior Night) - I expect nothing less again (effort, hustle, grit, determination, gum-shin, etc)

I think we are Dancing, I think the majority of people on here think we are in, but what is our probable seed now.. 10/11.. GREAT!!!.. Last I checked we have had 2 Elite Eight Runs as both a 10/11. Coincidentally as a 7, we were bounced first round ('16).

So.. is this a blessing in disguise OR just a guy seeing the glass 1/2 full so to speak? Everyone has their own opinion & this one happens to be mine... Dayton as a 10/11 going DEEP with their Senior laden team of WINNERS!

Go FLYERS!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Mr_Sweets For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerGuyer (03-11-2017), wes (03-11-2017)
Advertisement
Old 03-11-2017, 08:41 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
We were equally" blessed " last year limping to the end with 4 losses in last 8 games. Losing two straight against middling teams would not seem to bless us for the NCAA this year, assuming we get in. More likely we would seem a one and done, again.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:41 AM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
Could be a blessing. If we get off the 8/9 line it gives us the best chance to advance further. Winning the A10 tourney could have got us to as 6 or 7. Losing as we did could get us to a 10 or 11.

I think Archie is right on that we need our backs to the wall to play well. No doubt about it now, for the seniors it's win or be done with college bball. If they show up for 40 min with intensity I think they win game 1 regardless of what seed they get. It's a game of match ups from there.
Mad Props to Wallage For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 08:48 AM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
We were equally" blessed " last year limping to the end with 4 losses in last 8 games. Losing two straight against middling teams would not seem to bless us for the NCAA this year, assuming we get in. More likely we would seem a one and done, again.
I disagree on comparisons to last year. Last year it was clear in mid February something had happened and the wheels were falling off. I don't get that vibe from these two losses. Maybe that's the optimist in me.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Wallage For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-11-2017), rollo (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 09:12 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wallage View Post
I disagree on comparisons to last year. Last year it was clear in mid February something had happened and the wheels were falling off. I don't get that vibe from these two losses. Maybe that's the optimist in me.
Also Pollard was playing injured. Knee first then he hurt his hand in A10 tourney.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2017, 09:23 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
I think Kyle was banged up as well.
Old 03-11-2017, 09:24 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Wallage View Post
Also, 4-4 is not equal to 6-2.

This year's team I think is pretty good. We win two NCAA games and it becomes great. But as with our resume, I'm honestly not sure how how good we really are. We have played a bunch of good (ie top-100ish RPI) teams and are pretty good - 13-6 or so depending on what RPI ranking you use. But we have one (!!!) win over a sure at-large team, which was VCU at home, our senior night. And VCU is sitting near us in the seeding. I talked to several of their fans last night at the evening games and they were very nervous about at-large chances (esp while they were down to Mason). So we have beaten a bunch of other pretty good teams, and only a few very good teams (VCU, Rhody, Vandy).

How good are we? I really don't know. Good enough to win a game, good enough to lose our first game... Good enough to win two NCAA games? I dunno.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-12-2017), Wallage (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,702 Times in 1,285 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
As one of MANY faithful westbound on I70 this morning, yesterday was disappointing in many levels. For all of his missed FTs and layups KP was the ONLY Flyer who played with the heart of a lion every second. KD was a close second. Scoochie seemed both disinterested and confused in first half. When he would normally push the pace (and should have to beat Davidson zone) he was constantly looking to AM for instruction...almost Crosbyesque. It wasn't our first rodeo vs Davidson. Yet for 20 mins it looked that way.
And McCollup (sp) should have been T'd up multiple times for acting like a total jackwad and going to midcourt to argue w ref after Gibbs little tantrum.
None of that mattered though. Davidson picks up 7th team foul at 13 min mark and we stop pounding the paint and they commit exactly one more foul the rest of the game. There's your ball game.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 10:12 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,346 Times in 1,341 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
For all of his missed FTs and layups KP was the ONLY Flyer who played with the heart of a lion every second. KD was a close second. Scoochie seemed both disinterested and confused in first half. When he would normally push the pace (and should have to beat Davidson zone) he was constantly looking to AM for instruction...almost Crosbyesque. It wasn't our first rodeo vs Davidson. Yet for 20 mins it looked that way.
I agree and stated this same thing in the poll, yet KP has 34 votes and SS has 1 vote (mine).
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 11:32 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,510 Times in 825 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
With the game on the line, KP shot an ill-advised 3 pointer. That got my vote.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:38 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
He had no choice but to shoot that three in the 2nd half. He got the ball with 3 seconds on the shot clock at the end of a poor offensive possession by all 5 guys on the court at the time. Did you want him to stand there and take a shot clock violation instead?

On the other hand if you want to criticize the 3 he took in the first half have at it because that was a bad shot.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-11-2017), Falcon7 (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 11:41 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Also, 4-4 is not equal to 6-2.

This year's team I think is pretty good. We win two NCAA games and it becomes great. But as with our resume, I'm honestly not sure how how good we really are. We have played a bunch of good (ie top-100ish RPI) teams and are pretty good - 13-6 or so depending on what RPI ranking you use. But we have one (!!!) win over a sure at-large team, which was VCU at home, our senior night. And VCU is sitting near us in the seeding. I talked to several of their fans last night at the evening games and they were very nervous about at-large chances (esp while they were down to Mason). So we have beaten a bunch of other pretty good teams, and only a few very good teams (VCU, Rhody, Vandy).

How good are we? I really don't know. Good enough to win a game, good enough to lose our first game... Good enough to win two NCAA games? I dunno.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well said.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2017, 11:45 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,407 Times in 2,482 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
Several people have posted this on different threads, but the shot clock was down under 5 when he took this shot. I was watching on tv and I saying " get a shot off."

In 1H KP took a couple 3s which he didn't have to take. But the one late he had no choice.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyingArrow (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 11:47 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Also Pollard was playing injured. Knee first then he hurt his hand in A10 tourney.
Posted via Mobile Device
Well, I have to say I'd rather have a healthy Pierre and an unhealthy Pollard rather than just a healthy Pollard with no Pierre, so I consider that a wash to some extent. Not to mention an inside presence like Big Steve. Not sure we can say we're going in with better personnel this time. What we have going is apparently we don't have two of our starters feuding over a woman.

Last edited by Smitty10; 03-11-2017 at 11:49 AM..
Old 03-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,088 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
I hate the implications. A blessing in disguise

So if one breaks the left lag, you can say to yourself that it was a blessing in disguise since you need to build up your right leg.

Guess what! Your left leg slightly atrophy's during the same time the right leg gets stronger.

Champs don't need a blessing. Great teams don't need a disguise.

A 'C' student like I was needed all the blessings I could get comin my way .... but I found that hard work, meaningful study and concentration was the key to success .... getting a 'D' in mid term made it harder to pull that 'A' at the end of the semester.

The Flyers got a D (the 'd' not meant to be for defense) in the A10t
Old 03-11-2017, 12:27 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Well, I have to say I'd rather have a healthy Pierre and an unhealthy Pollard rather than just a healthy Pollard with no Pierre, so I consider that a wash to some extent. Not to mention an inside presence like Big Steve. Not sure we can say we're going in with better personnel this time. What we have going is apparently we don't have two of our starters feuding over a woman.
I didn't mean to suggest I like this years team situation better than last years just that last years team was banged up going into the NCAA tourney.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2017, 01:21 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,428 Times in 829 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Speaking of blessings in disguise, at least we don't have to listen to Gottlieb taking potshots at Dayton. He's the color guy on the A-10 games today. Then again, he'll probably find a way even in our absence.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to The Fly For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-11-2017), FlyerGuyer (03-11-2017), Glen Clark (03-12-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 01:27 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Mr_Sweets View Post
I think we are Dancing, I think the majority of people on here think we are in, but what is our probable seed now.. 10/11...

Maybe, but I have a feeling we could be an 8/9 seed, which would be fine too. As you posted, Senior-laden team with nothing to lose and a week to rest/prepare. Time to play loose and get in BEAST mode. No fear. Leave it all on the court one more time and anything can happen in March...
Old 03-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Major

UDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant futureUDTradition has a brilliant future
A blessing...not in my world. Losing a game stinks, losing 2 games stinks more.

If they pick themselves up, understand from the lousy experience and go forward then the loss has a productive side to it.

To be successful on a big stage takes supreme confidence. Losing your last 2 only shakes your foundation but it can strengthen your resolve. IMO
Old 03-11-2017, 01:35 PM
Brigadier General

FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
So we have beaten a bunch of other pretty good teams, and only a few very good teams (VCU, Rhody, Vandy).

True, but how many very good teams have we played? Not many. I think we probably beat St. Mary's at home at full strength.
Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 01:55 PM

Thanked 10,172 Times in 5,900 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Speaking of blessings in disguise, at least we don't have to listen to Gottlieb taking potshots at Dayton. He's the color guy on the A-10 games today. Then again, he'll probably find a way even in our absence.
The only thing I have heard him say so far today is, Dr Scoochie Smith of Dayton being a great player.
Old 03-11-2017, 02:05 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
I can appreciate your optimism that a loss here could be a blessing in disguise and envy that optimism but I just have lots of trouble even starting to rationalize that losing is good.

Ending with two back-to-back losses to mid-pack A10 teams simply is not a good way to prepare for the NCAAs.
Mad Props to udx2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDTradition (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 02:20 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
The only thing I have heard him say so far today is, Dr Scoochie Smith of Dayton being a great player.
After yesterday's debacle, "Dr. Scoochie" had better hope his malpractice insurance is paid-up.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 04:36 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD90 View Post
I think Kyle was banged up as well.

And somebody on team seemed to have slept with players Chick.
But I digress.

Several things favor us over last year.

1. Better chemistry and Ball movement
2. Josh playing fairly well and giving us height presence.

3. NCAA favors run, Gun and shoot. Get us running the break... a style that gives us an edge

4. We've been several in a row

Negatives

1. Inconsistency
2. Mikesell is lost again, Darrell inconsistent but playing adequately
3. SLOW STARTS

4. BIGGER TEAMS... Will have rebounding edge
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 04:51 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute

I think we are Dancing, I think the majority of people on here think we are in, but what is our probable seed now.. 10/11.. GREAT!!!.. Last I checked we have had 2 Elite Eight Runs as both a 10/11. Coincidentally as a 7, we were bounced first round ('16).

Go FLYERS!
As a 10 we were also bounced out of the first round by Depaul and as an 11 Purdue. But I guess that was more an Oliver Purnell thing than a UD Flyers thing.

Last edited by Smitty10; 03-11-2017 at 04:53 PM..
Old 03-11-2017, 05:01 PM
1st Lieutenant

Mr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to allMr_Sweets is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
And somebody on team seemed to have slept with players Chick.
But I digress.
Say what?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2017, 05:20 PM
General

Say what?
Posted via Mobile Device
See, this is what you miss by waiting until this year to join.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-12-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 05:23 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
3. NCAA favors run, Gun and shoot. Get us running the break... a style that gives us an edge
Completely agree with your entire post, 86. But especially this. Syracuse was a tough match up both times we played them in the Dance. But if we get a typical P5 team who thinks they can run us out of the gym then they're likely to be in for a huge awakening (with very few exceptions). But teams who actually play a zone D as a first option are ones I would really wish to avoid.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-12-2017), ruechalgrin (03-11-2017), UDTradition (03-11-2017)
Old 03-11-2017, 05:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure we all can agree - winning the A10 tournament was the goal and getting the best seed possible (probable 6 MAX) was the plan, & it really stinks that we didn't accomplish that... BUT... is this a blessing in disguise?

1. Full week to prepare, pressure free - get back to basics, DAYTON basketball.
Wondering if that may be a negative as our last two losses have come with about a week to prepare
Old 03-11-2017, 06:16 PM
1st Lieutenant

dUDe will become famous soon enoughdUDe will become famous soon enough
Bracketology still has us as a 9 seed. I'd be happy with a 9 at this point. I only hope that it isn't Buffalo. I'm working in Salt Lake City right now. I just ordered a new Flyer shirt just in case!

I'm not sure what's going on with the team but we have seen these guys flip the switch before. They'll be well rested and as healthy as they can be. I'm hoping that the spirit and smile of Big Steve will inspire these guys to write a better ending to the season than the apparent fade we're seeing now.

Hope lives! True Team! Post-Season is a whole new season.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:32 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by NCkevi View Post
Wondering if that may be a negative as our last two losses have come with about a week to prepare

Incorrect. Only had a couple days between the late-night celebratory VCU win and the loss at GW, and Archie even admitted that his team was mentally fatigued.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
Incorrect. Only had a couple days between the late-night celebratory VCU win and the loss at GW, and Archie even admitted that his team was mentally fatigued.
Correct - though no excuse foir coming out flat with nearly a week off for Davidson
Archie even commented he thought they practiced well the beginning of the week

Hopefully this team after Nebraska, Umass, Northwestern, Davidson, etc realizes that you have to show up for the first half.