Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-15-2008, 07:47 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
ESPN new ranking system

Looks like ESPN has updated their ranking system and provides more detail on what the numbers mean.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=2639514

the good news is that Paul Williams and Benson both score higher, but Fab and Johnson did not budge. Staten also is now rated higher.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...page%3dcommits
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2008, 08:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,569 Times in 939 Posts
IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer View Post
Looks like ESPN has updated their ranking system and provides more detail on what the numbers mean.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recru...ory?id=2639514

the good news is that Paul Williams and Benson both score higher, but Fab and Johnson did not budge. Staten also is now rated higher.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...page%3dcommits

They really don't think much of Luke - here's hoping they all turn into mid to high 90s guys according to that scale!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:18 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
The numbers are what they are. The players will decide their fate based on their own talents, how hard they work, and team chemistry, so a number rating from ESPN is only worth so much. It is nice to see that we have at least 1 freshman (Williams) that should make an impact out of the gate. Although another thread said he may have some nagging injuries to overcome. I like what I am hearing about the whole group coming in.

Here is the conference breakdown. X still seems to have an edge since they picked up the guy from Indiana. I get a feeling we are scoring better players, but they seem to keep one-upping themselves as well.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/recru...8%26confId%3d3

What is interesting about this list is the quality of players that St. Louis is grabbing. They will be a perennial player in the A10 if they can keep it up. Couple of other nice recruits coming into the conference as well on some of the other teams.
Old 09-16-2008, 12:15 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,020 Times in 479 Posts
Flyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant futureFlyer'95 has a brilliant future
I was under the impression that crawford from indiana won't be eligible this season. Was there a ruling on that? I'm excited to see how our freshmen respond to the speed of play and who rises to the top. I've read more than a few times that chris johnson is really playing well, and he is someone that i didn't anticipate having the biggest impact. Can't wait to find out. Lowery is the person i'm most interested in seeing though. God knows we need him to make a big contribution.
Old 09-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris Johnson at a 78 is a bit silly. I saw him play at an all star game and he has all the tools if he can just bulk up. Potential to be MJ with a very good shot.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:14 AM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
ST was the #30 PG in the rankings last year. I think ST will be a steady contributor and all, but if that's what you get when you start getting to #30 it sure won't knock the socks off of a BCS team.

DS was #51 PF and I think he's going to produce more for us at PF / C than ST will produce at PG during his 4 years. Not that there's anything wrong with ST. Just something to keep in mind about Luke at #67 or Chris at #43.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:25 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Chris Johnson at a 78 is a bit silly. I saw him play at an all star game and he has all the tools if he can just bulk up. Potential to be MJ with a very good shot.
CJ is under rated and was under recruited, we got a steal and everyone will see, he is a taller MJ
Old 09-17-2008, 12:15 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
ST was the #30 PG in the rankings last year. I think ST will be a steady contributor and all, but if that's what you get when you start getting to #30 it sure won't knock the socks off of a BCS team.

DS was #51 PF and I think he's going to produce more for us at PF / C than ST will produce at PG during his 4 years. Not that there's anything wrong with ST. Just something to keep in mind about Luke at #67 or Chris at #43.
Good point Gazoo. ST is a prime example why you have to take these recruiting services with a grain of salt. I remember ST written up as a steal for us. So far he has not produced much for us. ST does not fit the athletic type that this team is becoming so we may not see much floor time from him, however, with some more playing time he may be quite the player we have yet to see.