User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-05-2016, 07:55 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,221 Times in 549 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Senior moments

Thought it'd be fun to recall some of the best memories of our seniors being honored today. For me, my favorite memory of Pierre goes back to his freshman year and the shot from his knees. Absolutely shocked me and knew instantly he would be a star for the Flyers. For Bobby, it would be the St. Bonaventure game last year, with the 3 three pointers.

Any others?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2016), NYCFLYER (03-05-2016), ruechalgrin (03-05-2016)
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Captain

hoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to beholdhoch21 is a splendid one to behold
Funniest when his drawers came down in the NCAAs, best one for me was the slam dunk his freshman year over someone and spun around on the rim.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hoch21 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jack D (03-05-2016), shocka43 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 08:19 AM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
Thought it'd be fun to recall some of the best memories of our seniors being honored today. For me, my favorite memory of Pierre goes back to his freshman year and the shot from his knees. Absolutely shocked me and knew instantly he would be a star for the Flyers. For Bobby, it would be the St. Bonaventure game last year, with the 3 three pointers.

Any others?
My memory was that game where he scored about 28 points and it was all him and down by 2, he hit that 3 pointer at the end of the game except he shot it about .02 seconds after the game clock hit zero. His Freshman season. I knew he was going to be special then. I don't remember who it was against, but again, I knew he was going to be one of our greatest after that.

But my favorite memory was him hitting the 3 free throws against Ohio St to give us a temporary one point lead that they took back before Vee solidified for us.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-05-2016), UDGutter2 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Pierre his sophomore year against Syracuse hitting that HUGE three from the corner to put us up 7 (I believe) late in the game.

Freshmen year (I believe) against Boston College, he went off and I was elated as I know he was going to be a star.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 09:19 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post

But my favorite memory was him hitting the 3 free throws against Ohio St to give us a temporary one point lead that they took back before Vee solidified for us.
Everyone remembers Vee's shot but those fts were huge. I was sitting right in front of DP's brother in Buffalo. I still get goosebumps thinking about that game.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2016), FLYER5 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 09:32 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 9,816 Times in 4,076 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hoch21 View Post
Funniest when his drawers came down in the NCAAs, best one for me was the slam dunk his freshman year over someone and spun around on the rim.
Posted via Mobile Device
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (03-06-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 12:32 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,343 Times in 450 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
Oddly enough... the game in which DP impressed me the most was a loss - the Elite 8 loss to Florida.

He proved to me that night that he can play with anyone at the collegiate level.
Mad Props to Runnin' Rebel For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 01:20 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
Oddly enough... the game in which DP impressed me the most was a loss - the Elite 8 loss to Florida.

He proved to me that night that he can play with anyone at the collegiate level.
AGreed. Only guy of our team who could hang and proved he could hang in the middle. Awesome performance, even if the numbers didn't prove it out!

Proud of DP for what he's been through, for what he gave to us. Pretty immediate presence and skills - from dribbling , to high low, to shooting to passing to FT shooting. Taking it to the rack..... Dy- Shawn Pierre!!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-05-2016), frisco flyer (03-06-2016), Runnin' Rebel (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 02:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Everyone remembers Vee's shot but those fts were huge. I was sitting right in front of DP's brother in Buffalo. I still get goosebumps thinking about that game.
For Pierre, same here. To show the stones that he did, at the climax of his first NCAA Tournament game, on national TV, as a Sophomore, against the "bell cow" university from his team's home state? That was huge.

For Wehrli, it's a combination of (a) January-March of 2015, when he was our only frontcourt sub, and (b) this year's game at SLU, when he single-handedly kept us in the game when we were at risk of seeing a 2-game losing streak reach 3 games (and 4, if you add-in the StB game).

Thank you, Seniors. You've been key contributors at a pivotal point in this program's storied history. Best wishes to both of you in the future (especially the immediate future)!
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2016), FLYER5 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 02:59 PM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
How about the shot Pierre hit while on his knees under the basket? Happened at UD arena.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUCTOfD6A9k

Last edited by SeasonTicketFan; 03-05-2016 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: add video
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-06-2016), Flyer 86 (03-05-2016), ruechalgrin (03-06-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 04:29 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
For Bobby what about the 3 he hit against Oklahoma midway through the 2nd half? Going from memory here but I think it put us up 9 or so with 12 minutes left. The collapse began shortly after that but it was a huge 3 and I remember shouting excitedly at the time in a Buffalo Wild Wings in Tempe, AZ: "And he was a walk-on!"
Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 04:30 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Bobby's tip-in versus Providence where he out-hustled and out-jumped the Providence big guys. Bobby was 2-3 with 4 points and the tip-in was crucial with about 4 minutes left in 1H.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2016), SeasonTicketFan (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 04:58 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,350 Times in 1,343 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
How about when Bobby got his scholarship and got a standing O the next game at the Arena when he came in.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 05:06 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
Bobby's tip-in versus Providence where he out-hustled and out-jumped the Providence big guys. Bobby was 2-3 with 4 points and the tip-in was crucial with about 4 minutes left in 1H.
I thought his tip in to give us our first field goal of the game was huge. Maybe the same play? I thought we hit a few free throws but Bobby hustled and tipped in a rebound to give us our first bucket.

Dyshawn calmly draining three free throws vs OSU is tough to top; I really liked his and-1 late in the Providence game where he spun, spun back, a clearly deflated Carson Derosiers slapped at him, got all arm, Dyshawn powers it up for the basket and the foul, then lets out an epic primal scream. If that game was still in doubt, it wasn't at that point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 05:46 PM
1st Lieutenant

CJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the roughCJ43 is a jewel in the rough
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIslE_assVw

God that ball movement is beautiful. Notice our floor spacing in the above clip- the offense just came so much easier due to our ability to put shooters at every position. Today defenses can sag in the lane against Pollard, Steve, and K Davis.

Pierre- My favorite as others have mentioned are the 3 big free throws against OSU and then the florida game those last 5 or 6 minutes. No one on florida could stop him he was a matchup nightmare - knew then that he could play with anyone in the country. The guys a winner hes always stepped up in the big moments. Pierre is one of my favorite flyers of all time. He maximized his skill set given what he had and he stuck with it when everyone else in his class left him. He was a huge part of the culture that changed UD into what it is today. He's a quiet lunch pale guy that just gets it done hard not to like.

Wehrli- That tip in against providence was my favorite play. He also has had a couple of blocks and saves out of bounds that were memorable.

Last edited by CJ43; 03-05-2016 at 05:54 PM..
Old 03-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Captain

UD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to allUD93 Steve is a name known to all
Bobby's got about 40 family members over here at the Courtyard Marriott. Good bunch of folks.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD93 Steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-05-2016), Flyer 86 (03-05-2016), ruechalgrin (03-06-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 06:08 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

CraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CJ43 View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIslE_assVw

God that ball movement is beautiful. Notice our floor spacing in the above clip- the offense just came so much easier due to our ability to put shooters at every position. Today defenses can sag in the lane against Pollard, Steve, and K Davis.
As pointed out in another thread, Kyle has made 6 of his last 8 from 3 and is 35.7% on the year. Go ahead and sag against him and get burnt!

As for DP and BW, I don't have specific plays. I just love watching Dyshawn's spin moves and I thank Bobby for his great contributions last season and helping save our boys against SLU
Old 03-05-2016, 06:55 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I like all of the best memories that everyone listed as well but mine is yet to come tonight with everything on the line against VCU! Pierre and Wehrli always have had their biggest moments when the stage was greatest. With the A-10 regular season crown as the main prize I think both will make significant contributions tonight!

I was at the Elite 8 in Memphis and Florida had no clue how to contain Pierre. He almost single handedly carried the team on his back to a victory.

Wehrli's three 3 pointers in a row were my favorite. He can light it up when he gets hot!
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-05-2016)
Old 03-06-2016, 01:30 AM
Captain

flyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of light
Archie is a hard-nosed coach who plays matchups.... but no room for Bobby tonight? C'mon Arch, he meant a lot to this club and to show him no love hurt
Old 03-06-2016, 01:50 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,593 Times in 3,714 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
At one point it was discussed the Wehrli still had a year of eligibility left if he wanted to come back next season. Any word on if he might, or does his participation tonight in senior night festivities mean he is done?

Wishing him the best down the road in his life travels.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:14 AM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyhi524 View Post
Archie is a hard-nosed coach who plays matchups.... but no room for Bobby tonight? C'mon Arch, he meant a lot to this club and to show him no love hurt
Archie plays to win -- I agree with not playing Wherli -- bad match-ups.
Old 03-06-2016, 04:09 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyhi524 View Post
You play to win the game!

The way the game played out there was no point that Archie needed to put Bobby in. The reason he wasn't needed? Big Steve actually stayed out of foul trouble.