UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Which Flyer gave the Billikens a taste of their own medicine??
Crutcher 17 pts, 5 rbs, 5 assists 63 61.17%
Obi 11/10/4 13 12.62%
Cunningham 13/6/2 5 4.85%
Sir Trey 8/3 and his first A10 3-pointer of 2019! 6 5.83%
JDavis 9/2 and 3/6 on 3s 4 3.88%
Mikesell 12/5/2 12 11.65%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2019, 07:36 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,912 Times in 6,995 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
GOLDEN Paybacks are Hell - St. Louis

Those first 15 minutes were painful. And then My Team woke up and gave the Billikens a much deserved whoopin'. Which was nice, especially since G Mason lost to Duquesne.

I was at Flannagan's after the game, gracing them with my once-per-year presence, and had a nice conversation with old friends and we all pretty much agreed that our top 6 players can compete with any other A10 team's top 6...after that, you just never know. If/when Sir Trey gets back into the swing of things - like he did in today's 2nd half - we'll be even stronger. In other words, I like our chances in the A10 tournament...and I know I'm not alone with that line of thinking.

Enough talk. Let's vote on todays Golden Payback Award! Lot's of great efforts to talk about...but only 1 vote! Make it count!

King Rollo the ...OUT!!
Old 02-23-2019, 07:58 PM
General

Thanked 3,922 Times in 2,155 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher is the easy choice but I thought Jordan Davis did a nice job playing within himself today on the offensive end and seemed to me at least he was playing hard on D
Old 02-23-2019, 08:11 PM

Thanked 2,425 Times in 827 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Obi and Josh gave a much better performance on the boards this time around, and that’s the Bilikens’ bread and butter. But our three-point barrage, starting with Jalen’s last-second bucket to end the first half, won us the game. So Jalen gets the nod, despite five turnovers. Honorable mention to Jordan Davis.

Last edited by The Fly; 02-24-2019 at 11:13 AM..
Old 02-23-2019, 08:11 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
Probably Crutcher but we need Jordan’s outside shooting so much that when he delivers it almost guarantees a win.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:26 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,226 Times in 586 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I voted for Crutcher but again it was a team victory! It is getting more and more difficult to vote since we can only vote for one person! Crutcher made the difference with his three right before the half and he continued to shoot the three ball well in the second half!
Old 02-23-2019, 08:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,682 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Lots of good choices, but I went with the Cap’n, Cunningham. No, he didn’t have a tremendous stat line, but he didn’t miss a shot from the field, he had a little extra spring in his step, he grabbed 6 boards (in a game where we won the rebounding battle against the MonStars), and he was a big part of French fouling out without doing much damage. A true “team victory”, but since I had to pick only 1 player, I picked Josh.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-23-2019, 08:31 PM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I went for Crutcher because his treys were golden at the right time. BUT, he needs to improve his passing . . . just too many turnovers. He could be an all time great PG if he didn't throw it away so much.

And, can someone help me understand why we have Obi bring the ball up the court? I don't see why we are doing that.
Old 02-23-2019, 08:53 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher was absolutely brutal until he hit the three at the end of the first half. He earned it in the second half.

Felt this was the first time Trey played a game without trying to do much more than he was capable.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:19 PM

Thanked 1,319 Times in 686 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I gave it to Trey, for grit, determination, and a couple timely buckets. For a guy who was supposed to be out for awhile, to be able to come in and make an impact, he was deserving. Other guys I considered but in the end, went with Trey.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-24-2019)
Old 02-23-2019, 10:43 PM
General

Thanked 2,826 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
After a rather dismal first half, Crutcher really came alive in the second half. I gave it to Crutcher, but there were a number of key performances today. Mikesell had two key stick-backs and a three at critical times. Obi hit the boards hard and Josh had some key buckets. But boy, the first fifteen minutes of the game were rough.
Old 02-23-2019, 11:45 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,396 Times in 713 Posts
Beatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond reputeBeatty Town Coach has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher did perform from behind the three point line; but I don't feel the same about a point guard's assist numbers as I do a frontline player. That's what a point guard does, or is supposed to do; and by their very particular floor position viewpoint, and because they get the ball to start most possessions, they should typically have more assist than other players.

Crutcher played great, but I tend to suspect part of his opportunity to get off second half threes, is in fact the many assist he was able to dish earlier in the game.

Crutcher, and most everyone who played, is deserving of the vote; but Mikesell has been by far the best and most consistent contributor in the past month of games. Mikesell's emergence the last six weeks has radically changed the dynamic. Ryan could literally play all five positions on the court. Obviously, he would fair better at spots 1,2,3, and 4, compared to the 5 spot; but there is only one or two other players on the current active roster that can remotely sniff that air. Assuming they even can. I voted for Mikesell and until someone else can be all things to the team, Ryan will continue to get my vote on occasion when it's at all close.

Last edited by Beatty Town Coach; 02-23-2019 at 11:48 PM..
Mad Props to Beatty Town Coach For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (02-25-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 07:30 AM
Brigadier General

DGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond reputeDGO67 has a reputation beyond repute
Crutcher but what happened to the coach as a choice?
This was the best 2nd half team play this year, and the coach should get some
credit.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DGO67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (02-24-2019), Flyer69ers (02-26-2019), oldfan (02-24-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 07:38 AM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
I voted Mikesell which is probably unpopular, but everyone contributed. He seemed to be the most consistent player throughout the game giving all out effort on every defensive possession.
Old 02-24-2019, 07:59 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,479 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I voted for Jalen, but agree Ryan played a nice game. There was a short stretch the first half where Ryan came up big for UD. He hit the 3, got a big rebound and there was another play, maybe a charge. I was impressed because nobody else was doing much and I thought he was keeping us in this thing. His play fueled our run at the end of the first half that Jalen finished off to take the lead - with an assist from Ryan. And I was shaking my head saying, “Flyers lead????? How the heck did that happen?”

But Jalen simply took control of the game in the second half. Not just his 3s, but the entire game, like a PG should control a game, and thus he got my vote.

However, I just noticed the King’s question on this poll asking which Flyer gave the “Illikins” a taste of their own medicine? Well that was probably Obi because he was our leading rebounder considering they mopped the floor with us last time by winning the rebounding game.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 02-24-2019 at 08:03 AM..
Old 02-24-2019, 09:53 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,765 Times in 1,132 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Crutches got my vote but Trey was a close second. We missed him against VCU. If Trey doesn't force things (which usually leads to his shot getting blocked), he really helps this team. I agree with Rollo that our top 7--including Cohill who continues to bring defensive intensity--can beat any other top 7. Will that be enough to win 3 games in 3 days?
Old 02-24-2019, 10:02 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,284 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Team win. Gave my vote to Trey anyway. Playing in pain, leading when not playing, all the intangibles....and hit a crucial 3-bomb and FT's.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:12 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,587 Times in 3,712 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Mikesell, Mikesell, and Mikesell

In the first half when St. Louis went on a run, something like 15-4, Mikesell was on the bench. He came back in, the scoring stopped. +/- stat leader for the game as well.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Beatty Town Coach (02-24-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 10:29 AM

Thanked 10,168 Times in 5,896 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
No doubt Crutcher gets the offensive vote, but those 5 turnovers and his defense keeps me from voting for him. Isabell stole Crutcher's lunch money with 23 points (10-18) and 7 assists and one turnover.

So it came down to Mikesell or Obi. I can't vote for Cunningham, Landers or Davis for having average games after some real stinkers lately.

I voted Obi. The kid is double teamed and still gets it done. He is our new team leader, because he leads by example, great play, hustle and enthusiasm. However, the number one reason he gets my vote was his rebounding. We got beat to death two weeks ago because of no rebounding. Obi's 10 boards against that team was what made us a different team from the first meeting.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:47 AM

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Obi and Josh have bullseyes on their back. They are drawing 3/4 defenders. Lots of open 3pt looks (especially from 28 feet ) Make them and we win. Miss them and we lose.

Jalen and Jordan were awesome from the arc.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-24-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 11:06 AM
Colonel

Bill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud ofBill202 has much to be proud of
I went with Crutcher, but...
> Obi dedicated himself to DEFENSIVE rebounds. This focus is needed.
> Mikesell is Mr Consistency with bursts of key plays.
> Josh is back. He doesn't always need to be the go-to guy & that is good.

good team win!
Mad Props to Bill202 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-24-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 12:02 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,563 Times in 944 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Mikesell, Mikesell, and Mikesell

In the first half when St. Louis went on a run, something like 15-4, Mikesell was on the bench. He came back in, the scoring stopped. +/- stat leader for the game as well.
Also went with RM. always seems to the rebound we need. Played well on d. Was directing the offense at times.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2019, 12:40 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
What amazed me was Ryan was directing the offense ( could have been the defense as well) in the HUDDLE. Grant was quiet and definitely engaged. It was a true team happening.
Old 02-24-2019, 12:56 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,394 Times in 2,479 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
...He (Obi) is our new team leader, because he leads by example, great play, hustle and enthusiasm.
Pre-game the tv announcers were saying the same thing and tagged this Obi’s team. I’m not sure he is the off-the-court leader like others, but his performances on the court speak lowd and clear.

And he tied Chris Wright’s dunk record this game. It’s amazing he is only a freshman. At the beginning of the season it was pretty much just dunks. In the last 30 days or so his game has gotten better and more demensional. That includes some great rebounding games. I think he had zero rebounds in a game earlier this year. Can’t envelope imagine that now.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-24-2019)
Old 02-24-2019, 01:35 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,033 Times in 2,682 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
Pre-game the tv announcers were saying the same thing and tagged this Obi’s team. I’m not sure he is the off-the-court leader like others, but his performances on the court speak lowd and clear.

And he tied Chris Wright’s dunk record this game. It’s amazing he is only a freshman. At the beginning of the season it was pretty much just dunks. In the last 30 days or so his game has gotten better and more demensional. That includes some great rebounding games. I think he had zero rebounds in a game earlier this year. Can’t envelope imagine that now.
Actually, other than Coach Grant and his assistants, I don’t think this team has just one leader, and I consider that to be a good thing.
-Trey is a cheerleader, a workhorse, and has a “take no prisoners” attitude.
-Ryan knows the nuances of the game in re ball movement, defensive positioning, rebounding technique, etc.
-Obi is the eager student, who’s growing into his body, and learning how to use his skills to his (and the team’s) advantage.
And each player has strengths that his teammates turn to and help build in order to make the team better. This is as close to True Team as we’ve had since the year of The Magnificent Seven, when every player had a role and filled it to the best of his ability.

Just my opinion, but this TEAM is fun to watch, and easy to support!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-24-2019, 05:05 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shwag33 View Post
I voted Mikesell which is probably unpopular, but everyone contributed. He seemed to be the most consistent player throughout the game giving all out effort on every defensive possession.
I voted for Crutch because of the daggers.

On this quote, Mikesell has been unbelievable, especially since A10 play started. I feel he has been as important in many ways as anyone on this team. I can't say enough about how impressed I have been with him all season.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to AC91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-24-2019), Radar (02-25-2019), Runnin' Rebel (02-24-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 09:59 AM

You left Landers out. He had a breakout game, and now has one 3pt in a row! You could see how happy the team was for him.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:03 AM

Thanked 15,912 Times in 6,995 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I voted for Landers, not because he sits to my right, but because his energy and offense was the spark we needed in the 2nd half. I love our top 7 rotations and think Cohill is a solid back-up and dependable reserve, and 100% believe we can win the A10 Tournament but only if Trey continues to 'contribute' valuable minutes. Thankfully, he doesn't define or identify himself as an offensive player. He is a basketball player and knows that means busting it on both sides of the court AND from the bench.

And if you think the team was happy for Trey's 3, you should have seen the Roundtable's reactions! I know where many of us sit, and all the Royal members were on their feet!

All Hail Sir Trey!!
AC91 (02-25-2019), Figgie123 (02-25-2019), Radar (02-25-2019), San Diego Flyer (02-26-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 11:50 AM
General

Thanked 5,455 Times in 2,384 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I don't know how you vote for Crutcher just because he scored a lot. He played a poor, poor floor game and his defense was "ole!" at best on several occasions. OK, so he made some big shots, and that's great. We needed great shots because the offense he directed was bad. Yes, St.L is a good defensive team, but you don't get the POG for doing what's expected IMO. Going 10-22 from 3 cures a lot of ills.

StL had 13 points off of turnovers, and Crutcher led the team in that category with 5. Our offense looked good when he shot the ball because at least then it wasn't a TO.

Conversely, a team that averages 13 ORB and 39 total rebounds per game was held to only 9 / 30. Obi led the team by a wide margin with 10 rebounds, plus double digit points, PLUS 4 assists?!?! Oh yeah, and 0 turnovers. He gets my vote.

I would really vote for StL as the biggest reason we won. Isabell made the whole game about him and took the rest of their team out of the game. StL played a pretty bad game overall so our dumb mistakes didn't haunt us too much.

Last edited by Gazoo; 02-25-2019 at 11:53 AM..
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (02-25-2019)
Old 02-25-2019, 09:53 PM
General

Thanked 2,341 Times in 1,412 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
What amazed me was Ryan was directing the offense ( could have been the defense as well) in the HUDDLE. Grant was quiet and definitely engaged. It was a true team happening.
On several occasions, he was directing others on the floor during play.
Old 02-26-2019, 04:35 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,086 Times in 640 Posts
steverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond reputesteverino015 has a reputation beyond repute
everyone on the team contributed to the win... a case could be made for RM as player of the game over Crutch or Obi IMO...

Jordan's outside shooting really, really helps without a doubt

Trey playing in pain, tough...

could vote for anyone and not get a complaint from me... unless someone says something silly like St Louis gave us the game, or infer it....
Old 02-26-2019, 04:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
On several occasions, he was directing others on the floor during play.
I also saw him showing a couple to their seats in the 300's.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (02-26-2019), CT Flyer (02-26-2019)