Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-07-2016, 12:46 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
How in the heck could someone here reasonably question Archie Miller's eye for talent? He followed them through high school. Face to face. Then he meets their parents. He's probably a basketball genius, which none here are. He's known these players from having followed their prep careers, met them and their parents. Which none here have done. I've heard 75% be wrong already in their appraisals of Sam Miller. Wrong because of the end product. The critics never go back and cite when they were wrong and bring attention to that. The fact is all these players will develop if the back of Archie's basketball card is legit. And you know it is.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (01-08-2016), Atlantic 10 (01-07-2016), BeckysTXA (01-07-2016), Bonziflyer (01-07-2016), Sid Louick (01-07-2016), Tony T 71 (01-07-2016)
Advertisement
Old 01-08-2016, 12:11 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
I don't recall anyone saying any of the freshman was a waste of a scholarship. I hope not.

Another part the genius of Archie is that he played the freshman a lot considering how much they have all struggled. And only 2 losses, so their struggles have not hurt the team.

The only way the freshman are going to improve is to get experience and respond.

Oliver Purnell would yank players when they made their first mistake and have them languish on the bench. Archie has had been solid enough to stick with them. (He has pulled them, but he puts them back out there the next game).

It has been pointed out these freshman have played more than Scoochie, Kendall, and Kyle did at this point during their freshman year.

I think that takes real guts on Archie's part to do that.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (01-08-2016), Bonziflyer (01-08-2016), jack72 (01-08-2016)
Old 01-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
Hallelujah! You hit the nail on the head.
However, a few games ago a clueless poster here did make the comment about someone being a waste of a scholarship. I won't repeat who the player was because it was too painful the first time. I was ready to strangle the short-sighted idiot who said it.
Every team is a work in progress that never ends in perfection.