Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-06-2015, 07:45 AM
Captain

1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of
Chicago Area for LaSalle

I will be flying in to Chicago's O'Hare airport from Brussels on Saturday, supposed to arrive at 1:35pm, flight to Dayton at 8:45pm. Is that a large enough window to go somewhere to watch the game at 4:00 pm? If so, where is a good place to watch? Thanks in advance!!!

Go Flyers!!!
Advertisement
Old 03-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Anywhere that has a tv and Dish or Directv. CBS Sports network
Old 03-06-2015, 08:33 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,939 Times in 2,940 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Glascott's Saloon, 2158 North Halsted Street #1, Chicago, IL 60614 is the UD Chicago bar of choice.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:36 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
You could drive to Dayton in the time it takes to wait for your connection.
Old 03-06-2015, 08:38 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 1in25 View Post
I will be flying in to Chicago's O'Hare airport from Brussels on Saturday, supposed to arrive at 1:35pm, flight to Dayton at 8:45pm. Is that a large enough window to go somewhere to watch the game at 4:00 pm? If so, where is a good place to watch? Thanks in advance!!!

Go Flyers!!!
I would say you should be good. 2.5 hours to get downtown should be doable on a Saturday afternoon. I guess the unknown is customs. Game over at 6:30 or so should give you time to get back. The alternative if you did not want to go to Glascott's is one of a number of bars in Rosemont that is much closer to the airport.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:49 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

ChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the roughChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the roughChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
I would say you should be good. 2.5 hours to get downtown should be doable on a Saturday afternoon. I guess the unknown is customs. Game over at 6:30 or so should give you time to get back. The alternative if you did not want to go to Glascott's is one of a number of bars in Rosemont that is much closer to the airport.
Glascotts will definitely have the game and sound with plenty of fans. Just fyi though-it will be at least 30-40 dollar cab each way. If you want to do it, take the blue line in, and save some money. Then cab it to airport. But overall, yes you have plenty of time.

(If you want specific public transit directions, let me know).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-06-2015, 10:59 AM
Captain

1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of1in25 has much to be proud of
Thanks for the replies!!! I guess I'll have to see how the flight arrival and the weather turn out. Just to make sure, is there an hours time difference between Dayton and Chicago? Sorry, I've been in Africa the last 6 months, not sure about daylight savings time having an effect!! If there is a difference, the game would be on at 3:00 in Chicago, right?
Thanks again!!!

Go Flyers!!!
Old 03-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

ChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the roughChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the roughChicagoFlyer is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by 1in25 View Post
Thanks for the replies!!! I guess I'll have to see how the flight arrival and the weather turn out. Just to make sure, is there an hours time difference between Dayton and Chicago? Sorry, I've been in Africa the last 6 months, not sure about daylight savings time having an effect!! If there is a difference, the game would be on at 3:00 in Chicago, right?
Thanks again!!!

Go Flyers!!!
Yes, Chicago is an hour behind Dayton. So you will actually have more time. Daylight savings won't effect you. That's Saturday at midnight.

Hope you enjoy Glascotts. The owners have bent over backward for us the last few years. I guess having a team go to the Elite 8 can't hurt business. They were at full capacity six hours before the Florida game. And almost ran out of beer after Syracuse. To quote the owner to me "holy **** Dayton people drink a lot of beer. I had to go buy forty more cases just so we didn't runout. That only happens on St Patricks Day here."

For your enjoyment. Here's the Syracuse ending there: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkM7EfXsTCk
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to ChicagoFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
cj (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 11:31 AM
1st Lieutenant

Mrossi will become famous soon enoughMrossi will become famous soon enough
Just adding to the thread the sound will not be on for this game. I work closely with Glascotts they have a ski ball tournament and will have music on.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:07 PM
Captain

Thanks again, I'll give it a try!!!!

Go Flyers!!!
Old 03-06-2015, 01:47 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
If you are going to do this a couple things to keep in mind. When you check in, you will likely need to say your final destination as Chicago. Then you will probably have to claim your luggage and take it with you, and then when you return to the airport check in for the remaining flight. You usually can not check in for a flight that connects through Chicago, leave your bags and leave the airport. They won't let you back through TSA, and they will remove your baggage when you try to check back in.

And you will have to make sure the airline knows you plan to check in for your second flight, or they will cancel the reservation when you check in just to Chicago.

Leaving the airport during a connection is not as easy as it was pre 2001
Old 03-06-2015, 01:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
If you are going to do this a couple things to keep in mind. When you check in, you will likely need to say your final destination as Chicago. Then you will probably have to claim your luggage and take it with you, and then when you return to the airport check in for the remaining flight. You usually can not check in for a flight that connects through Chicago, leave your bags and leave the airport. They won't let you back through TSA, and they will remove your baggage when you try to check back in.

And you will have to make sure the airline knows you plan to check in for your second flight, or they will cancel the reservation when you check in just to Chicago.

Leaving the airport during a connection is not as easy as it was pre 2001
I think international is a little different. Last year flying through JFK (from overseas), we had to collect our bags, go through customs and then go through TSA security again. We did not have time to leave the airport but we could have and nobody would have known. Might be different at different airports.
Old 03-07-2015, 12:51 AM
Captain

Thanks everyone, I may just stay at the airport and check the score periodically (old superstitions die hard) Thanks again!!!!

Go Flyers!!!