UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 10:57 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Duquesne recap

Great win by the Flyers. No slow start tonight. Every time the Dukes made a little run, the Flyers would answer.

Toppin, rinse and repeat.
Mikesell was the MVP tonight. Clutch 3's, another block, pretty good D, great effort.
Crutcher, 9 assists, 2 TOs, 16 pts, great overall game
Flyers out-rebounded the Dukes
Landers, played tough out there, scrappy baskets and 9 rebounds

JDavis another tough shooting night. But did hit two clutch 3s.
Josh only 6 pts, we need more
Cohill played good D but struggled on O with some TOs.
TOs overall were bad. We had 14 of them, at least 4 of which I think were travels. Gotta take care of the ball.

Overall, great win on the road against a solid Dukes team. Now the fun begins!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
MD Flyer Pride (03-10-2019), steverino015 (03-10-2019)
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2019, 11:09 PM

Thanked 1,080 Times in 676 Posts
udx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant futureudx2 has a brilliant future
Pleased that our team didn’t just go through the motions because we were going to be fine going into the tournament. At the Dukes’ home, we played to win. Mikesell had a great game and Obi continued his superlative play and development. Crutcher had a good game.

The Dukes are a decent team and this was a good game and good win to end the regular season. Looking forwards to the tournament.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udx2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (03-11-2019), Jeff (03-10-2019), moville (03-09-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 12:56 AM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
It took me about an hour and a half to get espn + working. I have a new OLED from LG and it has most all of the various networks but ESPN.

I was connecting to my wi fix but couldn’t get it to work. Called espn service and they said I couldn’t hook up that way and I needed a streaming device. I had both a Amazon Fire Stick and a Roku. Choose the Fire Stick and finally got the network up and running. $5.00 a month and that’s great for tourney time.

The other advantage of the fire stick is that it uses my existing Amazon account.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:40 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer2 View Post
It took me about an hour and a half to get espn + working. I have a new OLED from LG and it has most all of the various networks but ESPN.

I was connecting to my wi fix but couldn’t get it to work. Called espn service and they said I couldn’t hook up that way and I needed a streaming device. I had both a Amazon Fire Stick and a Roku. Choose the Fire Stick and finally got the network up and running. $5.00 a month and that’s great for tourney time.

The other advantage of the fire stick is that it uses my existing Amazon account.
Laptop hooked up to TV via HDMI cable does the trick too.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jeff (03-10-2019), SLUFLYER (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 09:33 AM

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Cunningham was a spectator again tonight. Wow, Davis is a mess. You can see him clutch many times shooting or catching the ball. I hope he works it out, because he has great talent and I love the kid. Grant needs to put a stop to the on court moaning by Landers, Cohill, et al. To see Cohill as a frosh start those antics is disturbing.

On the plus side. A solid game on both ends by Jalen last night. Can't say enough about Mikesell, who moves, passes and made some clutch threes and rebounded, and played good D. Obi with another great game and some bad fouls. The ole aggressive, confident Landers showed up again.

Thank you Duquesne for some terrible shot selection. At times it was like they thought the clock was running out after 15 seconds, or they practiced with LaSalle.

I do not like to complain about referees, because they have a hard job, but worst crew all year. More phantom calls and missed calls going both ways, than any game this year.

Lastly, those two TV announcers were terrible. Not only big time homers, but their basketball knowledge and rules knowledge were below normal.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:55 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Could be wrong, but I think the home team provides the crew for ESPN+ the same as for the A10 Network in the past.
Saturday games are the worst for getting decent refs in the A10. Too many games in the P5's on the same day and they usually get the better officiating crews. At least it seems that way to me.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:59 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Could be wrong, but I think the home team provides the crew for ESPN+ the same as for the A10 Network in the past.
Saturday games are the worst for getting decent refs in the A10. Too many games in the P5's on the same day and they usually get the better officiating crews. At least it seems that way to me.
Seems as if every espn+ game had the other teams tv guys. I commented to my son that just once, I want our homers. The analysis of the Late Mikesell foul was comical.
Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 10:01 AM
General

Thanked 2,337 Times in 1,410 Posts
Jeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond reputeJeff has a reputation beyond repute
The AG timeout to stop the Duquesne run, effectively sealed the deal. We got a couple scores, and they never got closer.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Jeff For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-10-2019), Cityengr (03-10-2019), mikeymo85 (03-10-2019), Radar (03-10-2019), steverino015 (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 11:09 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Scary thing is the color analyst, Ben Braun, was once a head coach at a P5 school, yikes! Also did I hear the play-by-play guy call Dambrot, Dampere on multiple occasions?
Old 03-10-2019, 11:09 AM

runnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to allrunnerup is a name known to all

At least with my Sony go to the pre loaded Google app and get the ESPN app there then go to ESPN Plus from there. THere's a free trial then $4.95 a month.

Last edited by runnerup; 03-11-2019 at 06:47 AM..
Old 03-10-2019, 11:29 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
I was impressed that we seemed to come away with the majority of the hustle plays. We were the “tougher” team last night.

Cohill seems to be a turnover waiting to happen.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:32 PM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
I was impressed that we seemed to come away with the majority of the hustle plays. We were the “tougher” team last night.

Cohill seems to be a turnover waiting to happen.
I think Cohill is trying to be more aggressive but with that comes some turnovers. He is becoming Kyle Davis-esque from the corner shooting the 3. Not sure if I want him to take it or do what he has been doing and drive. I think he has to start shooting some, otherwise, nobody will guard him at the line and that will take away the drive possibility.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:06 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Cohill is at the end of his freshman year. Averaging 15.5 minutes per game. He’s been asked to be a defensive container most of those minutes. He’s trying to find his way to contribute offensively. For a freshman I think he’s held his own. Great some nights. Struggles others. I’m glad he’s a Flyer now and his future looks bright if he works hard. Big things are coming for this program and everyone has to buy-in to their roles and find ways to contribute. Cohill has done that this year.
12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-10-2019), CJ2etc (03-11-2019), flyerfanatic86 (03-11-2019), FlyerGuyer (03-10-2019), frisco flyer (03-10-2019), Glen Clark (03-10-2019), Ivan (03-10-2019), Jeff (03-11-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-10-2019), Monster Man (03-10-2019), sheg (03-10-2019), The Fly (03-10-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 03:01 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
If Cohill gets his shot straightened out, he could be a great all around player. He shoots from the side on long shots and that's not a recipe for long-term success. He needs to spend a lot of time this summer trying to work that out.
Old 03-10-2019, 06:54 PM
Major

Flyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Laptop hooked up to TV via HDMI cable does the trick too.
How Does your laptop hook up to espn +? Is it treated as a mobile device like my I pad?
Old 03-10-2019, 07:59 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Duquesne looked like the young team that they are. Very similar to UD last year where they weren't patient enough in their offense and felt like they had to jack up a three point shot with 5-8 seconds left on the shot clock.

Don't look now but they will be good over the next several years if Dambrot can hold it all together. They have a number of solid pieces and they play mostly Fr and Soph's this year. Thankfully, UD will improve next year too but I can see them getting to the dance either next year or the year after. That will be good for the A10.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDDude (03-11-2019)
Old 03-10-2019, 10:29 PM
General of the Air Force

How Does your laptop hook up to espn +? Is it treated as a mobile device like my I pad?
It is not the same as a mobile device. It is a PC so I go to espn.com. I am always logged in but if necessary, I would log on. I then go to watch a game as if I was going to watch it on the laptop screen but instead, I use an HDMI cable and hook it up to my tv and the tv acts as a monitor.
Old 03-10-2019, 11:20 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
Scary thing is the color analyst, Ben Braun, was once a head coach at a P5 school, yikes! Also did I hear the play-by-play guy call Dambrot, Dampere on multiple occasions?
Maybe he was thinking of Louie Dampier, the point guard on those great Kentucky Colonels teams from the old ABA days?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 09:19 AM

Thanked 2,208 Times in 974 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Going into Saturday, Duquesne attendance averaged 2211.
Verses VCU that had 3706. Their highest home attendance of the year. 3011 vs SLU was next in line.
Saturday's attendance was 4057.
We should have recruits attend games at UD Arena and Pittsburgh just to show contrast.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Duquesne looked like the young team that they are. Very similar to UD last year where they weren't patient enough in their offense and felt like they had to jack up a three point shot with 5-8 seconds left on the shot clock.

Don't look now but they will be good over the next several years if Dambrot can hold it all together. They have a number of solid pieces and they play mostly Fr and Soph's this year. Thankfully, UD will improve next year too but I can see them getting to the dance either next year or the year after. That will be good for the A10.
It will be interesting to see how the Duquesne program develops under Dambrot. They are young and having success as noted. But for all that youth they sure run their mouths ALOT. And not just at the officials (way too much), and opponents, but also to their own coaches.

I listened to Larry/Keith live Saturday night w/out the video. OMG Ben Braun is friggin' clueless. I realize he probably doubles as the local Duquesne "analyst" although I have no proof of that. His admitting at the very beginning of the game that Dambrot was on his staff at Easter Michigan (I think) immediately told me the perspective he would bring to the telecast. And to not once, but twice say that it was "almost" a 2-posesssion game (7 pt difference)...who would hire this guy?
Old 03-11-2019, 10:46 AM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Verses VCU that had 3706. Their highest home attendance of the year. 3011 vs SLU was next in line.
We should have recruits attend games at UD Arena and Pittsburgh just to show contrast.

We should also have recruits attend the games in Pittsburgh to show the breath and depth of the Flyer Nation. I love games at their little arena because we can get... very, very, LOWD! No wonder why do Kane likes playing the game at PPG paints. Totally different environment.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2019, 11:05 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Where are you getting these figures? I did not look at 2018-2019 as I could not find them but the 2017-2018 figures were:

RI- Averaged 6216
Richmond-6491
VCU-7037
St Louis-6235

Hard to imagine a year later they're at the low numbers you're listing..
Old 03-11-2019, 11:06 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
Where are you getting these figures? I did not look at 2018-2019 as I could not find them but the 2017-2018 figures were:

RI- Averaged 6216
Richmond-6491
VCU-7037
St Louis-6235

Hard to imagine a year later they're at the low numbers you're listing..
He is talking about Duquesne's attendance versus those teams.
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 11:20 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
He is talking about Duquesne's attendance versus those teams.
My bad....thx
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 03:18 PM

Thanked 10,133 Times in 5,867 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Hopefully the renovation will bring that arena up to snuff. I have never been there, but on TV it looks like a bad HS gym. If we invite recruits there, what do they think? I will be playing in a HS gym?
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 03:23 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Palumbo looked like a bad HS gym because it was a bad HS gym.

Good riddance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
The palumbo is better than some in the A10. At least there are stands behind the hoop. Nothing screams high school like a brick wall with padding behind the hoop.
Mad Props to shwag33 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-12-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 04:04 PM

Thanked 2,378 Times in 810 Posts
The Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fly has a reputation beyond repute
Palumbo is still the shell of what will be a $45 million renovation, so it won’t change in terms of capacity — only 4,300 or so, plus new lounges and club seating. It will have a new name, thanks to big money coming from UPMC. Honestly, even though on the small side, the building does have good bones and excellent sight lines. But it has no real concourse, so movement to and from restrooms and (horrible) concessions is a primary concern. The exterior aesthetic will be vastly improved. It doesn’t even look like an “arena” at present. As facilities go, this will move the Dukes well past Fordham, LaSalle, GW and St. Joe’s and into a mid-tier level with Davidson and St. Bonaventure.

The good news is they’ll be playing their home games next season at the home of the Penguins! First-class arena.

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/...s/201810230107

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018...nter-overhaul/

Last edited by The Fly; 03-11-2019 at 04:06 PM..
Old 03-11-2019, 04:40 PM
Lieutenant General

At least they are making an effort!
Old 03-11-2019, 05:48 PM
Brigadier General

springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Palumbo is still the shell of what will be a $45 million renovation, so it won’t change in terms of capacity — only 4,300 or so, plus new lounges and club seating. It will have a new name, thanks to big money coming from UPMC.
Now that's a shock...UPMC has money to burn. Every "non profit" hospital has $ to burn because they charge outrageous fees. They have to spin off the $ somewhere: whether it is additions to existing facilities, building new facilities, arenas, or ridiculously high "bonuses" to overpaid execs and Dr's all incented to keep us in the dark about their pricing structure...

Sorry...rant over.

Last edited by springborofan; 03-11-2019 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Typo
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (03-11-2019), jack72 (03-12-2019), The Fly (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 06:36 PM
General of the Air Force

Now that's a shock...UPMC has money to burn. Every "non profit" hospital has $ to burn because they charge outrageous fees. They have to spin off the $ somewhere: whether it is additions to existing facilities, building new facilities, arenas, or ridiculously high "bonuses" to overpaid execs and Dr's all incented to keep us in the dark about their pricing structure...

Sorry...rant over.
Their pricing structure was set up by the same people that handle NET for the NCAA.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-11-2019), springborofan (03-11-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 09:04 PM
Major

Sorry...rant over.
Agree with everything except overpaid Dr’s. With the managed care, mountains of paperwork, 10 minute face time if anything some are underpaid. Feel free to continue your rant. If you go into the ER without insurance they will bankrupt you. I really feel for those people and highly recommend Urgent care doctors.
Mad Props to Flyer2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 07:55 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Class of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to beholdClass of 73 Alum is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Palumbo looked like a bad HS gym because it was a bad HS gym.

Good riddance.
Posted via Mobile Device
I've said this before on this site so I promise I won't again. My wife hass coached girls hoops for 31 yrs (defending Pa state champ in 5A if I may brag for a moment) and I've never seen a high school gym even close to the Palumbo. I'm sure I have been in well over a hundred. The Palumbo is far from a quality D1 facility but it is not a high school gym, especially not a bad one
Mad Props to Class of 73 Alum For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (03-12-2019)
Old 03-12-2019, 03:30 PM
Brigadier General

Agree with everything except overpaid Dr’s. With the managed care, mountains of paperwork, 10 minute face time if anything some are underpaid. Feel free to continue your rant. If you go into the ER without insurance they will bankrupt you. I really feel for those people and highly recommend Urgent care doctors.
Recheck. I didn't say overpaid Dr's. That said, I've experienced firsthand Dr's that pushed me to their hospital testing facility. I suspect it is because their bonus is based on overall "profitability" of the hospital system.

Many Dr's sold their private practices to the hosptial systems and now are being foreced to squeeze in more patients along with adhering to the new data requirements associated with the ACA. I agree, many are not happy. I LOVE my primary care physician...as long as I schedule early in the day because he is willing to spend the time on me--schedule be ****ed...