UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-01-2019, 07:29 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
IMO, the bottom line is that Davidson is much more committed to putting together a good ooc schedule this year than we are.

Wow. You've posted some clueless things on here, but this one just may be the winner. I'll go ahead and nominate this for the most clueless post of the year.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (09-02-2019), San Diego Flyer (03-26-2020), TXFlyerFan (09-02-2019), UDGutter2 (09-02-2019)
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2019, 04:43 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, the Wake Forest and Charlotte games, I will give you that. But, they still have 8 good ooc games, we have 5.

IMO, the bottom line is that Davidson is much more committed to putting together a good ooc schedule this year than we are.
I'm with you in being critical of the schedule at times but based on what we know I think there's a couple factors going on here

1. Geography which I've mentioned

2. Home games aren't nearly as profitable for them so they can play a lot more road/neutral games. Davidson also has the smallest basketball budget of any A10 school so they're not dependent on the profit from home games to fund the program

3. Davidson has been consistently solid under McKillop. With what they have coming back and have done the past couple years there's less risk they're a dud

UD it's more of a leap of faith. We think the transfers are good but to the outside observer there's risk that they produce and this whole thing meshes together

When St. Mary's signed the series with UD they got burned on the 2nd game and missed the NCAA tourney that year
Old 03-26-2020, 08:14 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Yes ud2, by definition there will be a couple teams almost every year who have better schedules than us, sometimes for structural reasons and sometimes they just did a good job. Once in a while we'll land the best schedule in the country. But you can't pull out the couple of schools that ended up with a better schedule than us in any particular year and say Niel screwed up.

Let's bookmark this and come back in March to see how BYU and Nevada did. Maybe they did well, maybe in the final tally we did better.
I mean look at the BYU ooc schedule, wow, just wow. Why are we never THAT team?

BYU ended up #76 in the ESPN SOS.

Nevada ended #108 in the ESPN SOS.

Dayton was #102 in the ESPN SOS.

WOW, what a terrible job we did of scheduling.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 08:34 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Chris - do you if there has been any response to the tweet about Dayton looking to schedule P5 teams H/H?
Old 03-26-2020, 10:30 AM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
In the thread on the hiring of Grant, some posters admitted they were wrong in their criticism back then.

So in the interest of full disclosure, I was very vocal about my criticism of the schedule Neil put together for this past season.

I was wrong.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to GoFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (03-26-2020), Gazoo (03-26-2020), Runnin' Rebel (03-26-2020), TA111 (03-26-2020)
Old 03-26-2020, 10:30 AM
Captain

GoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeGoFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Full Disclosure

In the thread on the hiring of Grant, some posters admitted they were wrong in their criticism back then.

So in the interest of full disclosure, I was very vocal about my criticism of the schedule Neil put together for this past season.

I was wrong.
Old 03-26-2020, 01:01 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
BYU ended up #76 in the ESPN SOS.

Nevada ended #108 in the ESPN SOS.

Dayton was #102 in the ESPN SOS.

WOW, what a terrible job we did of scheduling.

Upon further reflection the real measure is the non-con only. According to this site:

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-ba...e-sos-by-other

Dayton: 27

BYU: 11

Nevada: 70

ud2, you still out there? Doesn't seem like Neil did such a terrible job?
Old 03-26-2020, 01:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
As many have posted before, if UD takes care of business the schedule won't keep them out of the tournament. Was good enough this year to have us in line for #1 seed