UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-30-2008, 06:15 PM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
As much as I liked TF and DD, I remember a televised game against one of our rivals when they called a TV timeout for a commercial. DH was livid as we had just gotten the momentum and it was stole by a TV ad. But hey that was the way the national tv games were played. DH didn't want anything to do with that sports package and like they've already said, it put the program back years.

We are now so very close. Problem is that whle we have rebuilt, X has reloaded. And I might add in ways that would have many on here ranting about.
Who is DH?
Advertisement
Old 08-30-2008, 06:33 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The designated hitter of course. Okay I corrected it one place and forgot the other. Funny thing is I saw someone else do it and asked the same question then typed it myself. So guess D is for Dono and H is for her

Originally Posted by John R View Post
Who is DH?
Old 08-30-2008, 06:50 PM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Talking What?

Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
The designated hitter of course. Okay I corrected it one place and forgot the other. Funny thing is I saw someone else do it and asked the same question then typed it myself. So guess D is for Dono and H is for her
Thanks Avid.LOL
Old 09-02-2008, 11:02 AM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tman View Post
I also might add.---for those of us that paid attention---yes, the Wright injury hurt Dayton.
It should not have ruined the season. The facts are ---the coaching staff was UNABLE to counter a defense first brought about by coach Ford, the UMASS coach. And then duplicated by every coach after that. WE lost games we should not have---and I don't believe it would have mattered who played--this coaching staff did not have answers for it.

So blame injuries----it certainly hurt---but there is a bigger picture. Perhaps it was personell,, I don't know-----but to say the only reason last year ended as poor as it did was because Chris Wright got hurt---is not telling the whole story--.
I'm glad I don't have to answer your post since you did it for me. Or at least, 1 of the voices in your head did.

Do you read the stuff you write or just throw it out there and see what sticks to the wall??

Jim Paxson was one of the greatest college players Ive ever seen. Without the ball he was as good as anyone who's ever played and Cincinnati knew it. AS Paxson moved without the ball Cincy pounded on him. Paxson left the game in the second half with a shoulder injury.

It was end of a very promising season. Paxson was unable to play in the next games. It sucked the air out of the Flyers---once they got to Florida, their mind set was flat out terrible. They had lost their leader, the All-American.
Here, I'll provide the space for the response that ignores the quality of the player, the role on the team, the drive in practice, the "air sucked out of the team", and all the other things CW added. . . and let you focus on how old he was.

. . . freshman . . . freshman . . . freshman . . . freshman . . but he was only a freshman . . .
Old 09-02-2008, 11:10 AM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
The first year UD played ND, Marquette, Depaul twice each year was 84/85. That arrangement lasted for the most part until UD was left out of CUSA. Don't make it sound like it was a long term arrangement. In fact, UD did not play Marquette a single time in the 70s, and played ND once each year. There were other times UD and Depaul would play twice.

Here are some actual home schedules for a four year period.

79/80
Ashland, Cal Poly, Biscayne, Eastern Ky, Pacific, Iowa, Baldwin Wallace, Miami, Cincinnati, Howard, New Orleans, Memphis, Southern, Loyola, Drexel

80/81
Rider, San Francisco, Western Ky, Michigan, Niagra, Mississippi, Toledo, Yale, Miami, Marquette, Butler, Alcorn State, Canisius, Duquesne, Xavier, DePaul

81/82
Baldwin Wallace, Old Dominion, Hofstra, Florida State, Miami, Cincinnati, Loyola, Jersey City State, St Louis, Providence, Detroit, LaSalle, Akron, New Orleans, Eastern Kentucky

82/83
Otterbein, Iona, Xavier, Minnesota, Toledo, Western Ky, Rice, Army, Miami, Rider, Drexel, Duquesne, Temple, Butler, Marquette, Long Island, Depaul

The point isn't to say the schedule stunk then and is better now. There were good games and bad games then. Probably more top level games, although Memphis, Mississippi, Florida State then aren't what they would be now.

Rather, the point is to correct the misperception you perpetuate by throwing out the good names that were on the schedule without balancing it with the dogs. During the 70s and 80s UD had home and home arrangements with the likes of Eastern Kentucky, Toledo, Bowling Green, Iona, Canisius, and Niagra.

And if you take this as being a statement that things are great now and stunk then as you do nearly all responses, you couldn't be more wrong. There is more agreement with the sentiment that things aren't as good as they should be than you may think. Rather, the volumes of responses are because you almost always get the facts wrong and distort reality by presenting unbalanced information more often than any politician.
Doug, I gave tman that assignment many times over the last few years but he always shirks it because he knows then he won't be able to brag about how far the schedule has fallen under TK. He just keeps saying "I don't accept homework assignments."

There you have it. For review:

No one is perfectly happy with the performance in the last 10 years.
No one is perfectly happy with BG's game coaching.
No one is perfectly happy with the schedule.
No one is perfectly happy with our post season accomplishments recently.
No one is saying that the schedule now is better than in the past--just that it's not much worse.
No one is saying that TK made perfect decisions on every topic.
No one is saying we would have been NCAA champs is CW would have been healthy.
No one is saying things are at a pinnacle of UD hoops.

Only certain ridiculous posters make such statements. Things are getting better. We all wish it happened faster. It's not a perfect world.

"Back in my day we used to play Pitt at home, Louisville at home, _aveir and URI at home when they were ranked in the top 25, Cincinnat at home, I remember playing Duke and North Carolina when they were among the most powerful teams in the country. . . " I'll just ignore that that statement was only relevant over the course of 3 or 4 years.
Old 09-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,569 Times in 939 Posts
IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
There you have it. For review:

No one is perfectly happy with the performance in the last 10 years.
No one is perfectly happy with BG's game coaching.
No one is perfectly happy with the schedule.
No one is perfectly happy with our post season accomplishments recently.
No one is saying that the schedule now is better than in the past--just that it's not much worse.
No one is saying that TK made perfect decisions on every topic.
No one is saying we would have been NCAA champs is CW would have been healthy.
No one is saying things are at a pinnacle of UD hoops.
Bingo! Although we see things improving, I am still trying to reconcile why my personal expectations are higher than our historical performance (over the last 35+ years, even).
Old 09-02-2008, 01:49 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Your personel expectations

...are probably higher because you don't really know what the H*** your talking about when it comes to running the UD Basketball program. Thirty five years and running huh! You guys kill me---"your personal expectations"----for what? higher than whose? BJ/TK/mine?

Who cares about your "personal expectations"? I wonder if any one you know "meets your personal expectations" or if the rest of life dissappoints you the way that Flyers basketball clearly does! YOUR job, your kids, your other sportsd teams? Someone be sure to mention to Dr. Curran, TK or BG or any of the other folks who have come through athletics over the past 35-40 years that one of out "great" fans from out west of us continues to be dissappointed with the basketball program here at UD-------WOW! Glad you've stuck around to tell us that despite the program failing to meet your expectations during the last 35 years!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:07 PM
General

This post brought to you by the Alzheimer's association, reminding you to think of us on those days you really just can't focus on what you're reading.
Old 09-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by College B-Ball Fan View Post
...are probably higher because you don't really know what the H*** your talking about when it comes to running the UD Basketball program. Thirty five years and running huh! You guys kill me---"your personal expectations"----for what? higher than whose? BJ/TK/mine?

Who cares about your "personal expectations"? I wonder if any one you know "meets your personal expectations" or if the rest of life dissappoints you the way that Flyers basketball clearly does! YOUR job, your kids, your other sportsd teams? Someone be sure to mention to Dr. Curran, TK or BG or any of the other folks who have come through athletics over the past 35-40 years that one of out "great" fans from out west of us continues to be dissappointed with the basketball program here at UD-------WOW! Glad you've stuck around to tell us that despite the program failing to meet your expectations during the last 35 years!
Wow, someone got up on the wrong side of the bed today, or the meds just haven't kicked in yet. I think all Flyer fans have expectations of where they would like the program to be, and I would be willing to bet that 99% of them are not being met. I would also be willing to bet that the expectations of TK, BG, and Dr. Curran are not being met.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Lieutenant General

IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute

Nice attack. Feel free to PM me if you want to tell me how you really feel.

I was writing/speaking more as Longtimefan put it - a large percentage of us have expectations of sweet 16/elite 8 type runs on a regular basis. Is it achievable? I think so. Has it been our history? No, that was my point, but I clearly didn't present it very well.

Further, I fail to see your point that since I moved out of Ohio 11 years ago, that suddenly my input is no longer valid.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:24 PM
Major

FlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really nice
I may be one of the few people satisfied with what our men's basketball program has become. It's a clean program for the most part, has some good young men playing the Dayton way, has a clean coach, has popped into the Top 25 and even reached No 14, and gives us some great wins. We have gone to the NCAA and NIT quite a few times since the O'Barf years, and have played competitively in those games. We just came off a year reaching No 14, and winning two NIT games against good ball clubs, including Illinois State on the road. I enjoy Flyers basketball. I basically am satisfied with the program and content. If the team wins more games this year than last, I will be happy. If it wins the same number, I will be happy. Chris Wright is a beast. Just having him on the team is a great joy. It isn't necessary for us to compare ourselves with _avier or Wright State or The Ohio State or Miami or anyone else. What we have already is great.

Just my two cents.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:26 PM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute

I know this post didn't meet expectations for what is considered normal around here. Glad I wasted 30 seconds of my day trying to decipher that one.
Old 09-02-2008, 09:52 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
I think all Flyer fans have expectations of where they would like the program to be, and I would be willing to bet that 99% of them are not being met. I would also be willing to bet that the expectations of TK, BG, and Dr. Curran are not being met.
That is a very good summation. I don't think BG is in coaching to make the elite eight of the NIT. It was a step in the right direction. It is good that UD runs a clean program and that the players aren't a bunch of thugs. But, you need to win once in a while.

The tide has changed and it is just beginning to gather momentum imho. Let's hope the next tide change takes as long as this one did.
Old 09-03-2008, 08:09 AM

tman is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by dannardo View Post
Let me start by saying that I have great respect for Ted Kissell. And the below is not meant to dismiss him, but rather to give perspective. But, I think some different perspective might shed some light on how UD operates internally.

I was very close to the UD administration in the late 80's and early 90's. And many of the decisions and moves that are attributed to Ted Kissell - like the rejuvenation of soccer and volleyball - were under the contemplation of Tom Frericks. The UD administration - Mr. Frericks, Bro. Fitz, etc. - were laying the foundation for increased competitiveness well before Frericks' death and Kissell's hiring. Kissell was very solid in building upon a strategic foundation that Mr. Frericks had begun to lay out. And Ted Kissell did an admirable job in executing the plan and building momentum over the years.

The point is that UD was (and somewhat still is) very thorough and cautious in its planning. That caution may be why UD fell behind the times. Ted Kissell helped us catch up, arguably in a greater hurry than if Mr. Frericks had enacted the athletic program plan on his own.

It seems to me that UD always has a 'behind-the-scenes' plan. Whether it's a list of names for replacing a coach or a strategy for rebuilding a program, the planning always significantly precedes the execution. The credit of Mr. Kissell's career is decerved but the foundation of his success definitely was in place well before he was on the scene.
Thanks for this post.
Many here have NO clue what so ever as to what was going on at UD during those years.
Here's a guy with inside information---and what did many here do--ignore it.

This is a popular site to bad mouth Tom F. If you say anything critical about Ted K, you could be banned. But feel free to distort the great Work of Tom F.

Let me touch on a couple of things--
It was easier at one time to make the NCAA tourny as an independent (for Dayton).
It gave the U exposure since UD was one of the big four independents . Many of those games were on national TV for example.
UD did not share its portion of the tourny take (money)
There were numerous indies at that point and the NCAA ,in order to keep basketball alive for those indies nearly always took three sometimes four of them. At that point it made great sense to stay independent.

All the while Tom was looking to get UD into a (GREAT) conference and he worked hard to construct that dream conference himself.

You do not join a conference for the sake of joining a conference. In other words--joining a bad conference was NOT in the best interest of the U.

The TV situation---is too much to go into---its greatly overstated and grossly distorted. If you think thats all it took to get into the big east----you miss it by a mile.

The upgrade in sports programs at UD was well set into place long before Tom left. Ive said it a thousand times--HERE YOU HAVE AN INSIDER TELLING YOU THE SAME THING---.

Tom could only do as much as the U would allow and afford---he better than anyone understood UD's issues.
Tom was going to be the President of the NCAA---that should tell you a little something about his abilities.

Tom has a buliding named for him on Campus--and for good reason.
There's another building Tom is responsible for at UD. Its called UD Arena. HE BUILT IT.

Why some posters bash Tom--I don't know. The insults come from mostly Ted K supporters.
I think many HERE try to tear Tom down in order to make Ted look better---its a bad idea.
Tom's great work ended many years ago--He's been gone a long time. Maybe you should look elsewhere for blame on why Ted's 17 years have not been as productive as they should have.

Last edited by tman; 09-03-2008 at 02:57 PM..
Old 09-03-2008, 10:07 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Looking back over the end of the tenure of Mr. Frericks his major mistake was appointing a committee to do HIS job ... hire the coach that was going to succeed Donoher. If he felt the UD community was going to be so fractured by the firing that it needed a committee to build unity then obviously there was a problem.

Kissell inherited a basketball program that Frericks and O'Brien had buried ... and he got lucky right off the bat when Deane saved him from continuing the disaster.

Last edited by Sea Bass; 09-03-2008 at 10:09 AM..
Old 09-03-2008, 02:01 PM
Lieutenant General

Being Human

From my perspective - Tom Frericks did great things during his tenure. There were also things that were done/not done that Tom would like to re-do. There were things that I am sure he would have liked to have a "do-over" on - as would any of us with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight.

My Bottom Line - Tom Frericks did more good than not as our AD, but being human, was not perfect (who is?). Ted Kissell did more good than not as our AD, but being human, was not perfect either.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:09 PM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Why some posters bash Tom--I don't know. The insults come from mostly Ted K supporters.
I think many HERE try to tear Tom down in order to make Ted look better---its a bad idea.
Does anyone think tman even reads his own posts? NOBODY on here has "bashed" Mr. Frericks. A few of us have mentioned a couple of things we think he should have done that he didn't do. That is not "bashing." The two things that I brought up have been mentioned by many people more knowledgeable than I - local sportswriters, for example. Many people over the years have said we should have gotten in on the ground floor of the Eddie Einhorn TV deal. And many have said we should have joined a conference sooner than we did. This is not "bashing." I think looking back at these two issues in the twilight of his career, Mr. Frericks probably would have agreed.

If you really want to see what "bashing" is all about, tman, simply read 99% of your posts concerning TK.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:17 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
This is a popular site to bad mouth Tom F.
Dang, missed it again (the point).
Old 09-04-2008, 08:35 AM

The TV situation---is too much to go into---its greatly overstated and grossly distorted. If you think thats all it took to get into the big east----you miss it by a mile.
Another thing that cracks me up about tman is that he whines and moans and groans and bashes TK for not getting us on TV enough, and goes on and on and on about how important TV exposure is. But then when it is pointed about that Mr. Frericks passed on a huge opportunity to get UD in on the ground floor of a very significant TV package, he acts like it was no big deal. I wonder if he ever reads what he writes???
Old 09-04-2008, 10:25 AM

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Ms. Hillary Tman???

Is it possible that tman is a female? (S)he complains and moans about everything ad nauseum and never offers solutions. (S)he holds grudges and seems to get PO'd once every 3 or 4 weeks. Idle threats (never coming back) are predictable and worthless. Emotions and drama everywhere!

Same w/ BB33.

Just asking
Old 09-04-2008, 10:38 AM
Colonel

smitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm...

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Is it possible that tman is a female? (S)he complains and moans about everything ad nauseum and never offers solutions. (S)he holds grudges and seems to get PO'd once every 3 or 4 weeks. Idle threats (never coming back) are predictable and worthless. Emotions and drama everywhere!

Same w/ BB33.

Just asking
I should probably be offended by all of this, but it's kinda funny
Old 09-04-2008, 11:13 AM

tman is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by rollo View Post

Same w/ BB33.

Just asking
LOL
You're asking me if I'm a female?
Dude---you have the gayest avitar on the planet.
Talk about he she.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Besides, I like that YMCA song you guys love so much.------ Young man--do do do do do do i said (wait a minute---no thats not good) I changed my mind--I prefer buckcherry.

Here's how it usually goes down.
I have an opinion.
Five posters reply.
I point out the flaws of their thinking.
They come back with-----tman this and tman that---tmans a woman blah blah blah--

What do you expect---they have no comeback. I'm right again.
SO they go off topic.-(maybe he's a woman)---was that the topic?

Heres a guy with inside info---he knows whats going on--its not made up in his mind.
And its just as Ive said. Its what Ive been telling some of you for a long time.

Look---- the Ted thing is over. I'm happy. A new era is about to begin. The guy was feeling heat and it kept getting hotter and hotter over the last couple of years. And he decided to get out---thank goodness. Plus, I think the guy retired last year--did you see this years schedule?

So I knew I would read in the papers (and here)-- how Ted invented the wheel. How he saved us all. How he saved UD basketball. I knew that the ---Ted forces UD to compete again-- threads were comming. Thats OK.
Its time to move on.

WE will see what this new guy is made of in a short manner. The next schedule---he's responsible for. Will he want his own coaches and people in place? Has the scheduling model changed? What changes may he bring about?

And if he does a great job--lets all celebrate. We have to give him time. But if he hurts our program, if he performs poorly, lets not all pretend its something it isn't just because he's on the payroll at UD. That could hurt your program for years, 17 years.

I wish him,,much like I do and did for Ted K, the best of luck.
Its an excitting time for UD basketball. New AD--New recruits that are very talented.
I hope we turn the corner.
I LOVE UD.

UD basketball is Dayton. Its the largest social and sporting event that takes place in this town---wouldn't you think that by now the DDN would have interviewed this guy.

Mr. new AD. Do yourself and UD fans a great service by permitting UDpride to interview you. If the guys running this show (udpride) are for it, I think this is the perfect place to grant one of them a first interview.

So how about it?

Last edited by tman; 09-04-2008 at 01:48 PM..
Old 09-04-2008, 12:13 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
LOL
I have an opinion.
Five posters reply.
They come back with-----tman this and tman that---tmans a woman blah blah blah--
I wonder if that's happened anywhere other than the distorted reality of your mind. Most of this thread has been about pointing out how your "facts" are wrong.

Same as it's ever been.
Old 09-04-2008, 03:54 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Go for it . . .

Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
I should probably be offended by all of this, but it's kinda funny
Come on, be offended - it's so much more fun!
What's a little misogynism among friends?
Old 09-05-2008, 01:42 PM
General

LOL
You're asking me if I'm a female?
Dude---you have the gayest avitar on the planet.
Talk about he she.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. Besides, I like that YMCA song you guys love so much.------ Young man--do do do do do do i said (wait a minute---no thats not good) I changed my mind--I prefer buckcherry.

I have an opinion.
Five posters reply.

What do you expect---they have no comeback. I'm right again.
SO they go off topic.-(maybe he's a woman)---was that the topic?

Heres a guy with inside info---he knows whats going on--its not made up in his mind.
And its just as Ive said. Its what Ive been telling some of you for a long time.

Look---- the Ted thing is over. I'm happy. A new era is about to begin. The guy was feeling heat and it kept getting hotter and hotter over the last couple of years. And he decided to get out---thank goodness. Plus, I think the guy retired last year--did you see this years schedule?

So I knew I would read in the papers (and here)-- how Ted invented the wheel. How he saved us all. How he saved UD basketball. I knew that the ---Ted forces UD to compete again-- threads were comming. Thats OK.
Its time to move on.

WE will see what this new guy is made of in a short manner. The next schedule---he's responsible for. Will he want his own coaches and people in place? Has the scheduling model changed? What changes may he bring about?

And if he does a great job--lets all celebrate. We have to give him time. But if he hurts our program, if he performs poorly, lets not all pretend its something it isn't just because he's on the payroll at UD. That could hurt your program for years, 17 years.

I wish him,,much like I do and did for Ted K, the best of luck.
Its an excitting time for UD basketball. New AD--New recruits that are very talented.
I hope we turn the corner.
I LOVE UD.

UD basketball is Dayton. Its the largest social and sporting event that takes place in this town---wouldn't you think that by now the DDN would have interviewed this guy.

Mr. new AD. Do yourself and UD fans a great service by permitting UDpride to interview you. If the guys running this show (udpride) are for it, I think this is the perfect place to grant one of them a first interview.

So how about it?
So many apply here I couldn't choose just one. We should vote.