UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-28-2016, 09:43 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Last visit is only prime if they don't commit first.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (08-29-2016)
Advertisement
Old 08-29-2016, 09:22 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I want him on whatever visit mom can make. Dayton has the "mom" appeal like no other program!
Old 08-29-2016, 09:45 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah I was just saying that if we're going to say Rosie outplayed Tisdale then there should be the disclaimer that he wasn't healthy. That's the fair assessment to be made imo. Sorry about the hijack.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:47 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I want him on whatever visit mom can make. Dayton has the "mom" appeal like no other program!
Of the other schools he's visiting, Jay Wright at Villanova seems like he would be pretty good with moms too.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (08-29-2016), NovaFlyer (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 09:53 AM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
It really works both ways. Just as many commit to the first school that host them as the last. Davis had visits lined up after us and he committed. I know people say it's good to have the last chance with a guy, but I would take the first chance to blow him away any day of the week. Do well enough on your chance and he won't take those other visits.
I think it depends alot on whether the player is set on taking all his visits before he makes the choice. In that scenario the last visit may be our friend.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:57 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,912 Times in 1,082 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere over the years, but it may be of interest to revisit the rules and protocol of a typical (that is to say non-Louisville) 'official visit' for a recruit. We just got a verbal from Jordan Davis and the newspaper said his parents were along for his official visit. With the large number of recruits that we need (now only 4 more) and the potential for more than that number paying official visits to the U, I need some recruiting info on the following:

So what can the school officially and legally pay for?

Does it include all round trip transportation from home to school (whether that be plane fare, bus, car, etc) and does it cover the parents expenses for travel too?

I know the school pays for meals and again does that cover parents too? How about lodging? Are there limits to the number of days the school visit can be?

Is there anything else that the school is legally able to pay for during the official visit?

I assume in these costs are the words to the effect, "all reasonable services and expenses that would be typical and expected for normal activities" or something similar.

In advance, thanks for the information!
Old 08-29-2016, 11:32 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
I think it depends alot on whether the player is set on taking all his visits before he makes the choice. In that scenario the last visit may be our friend.
That's fine, we will have to agree to disagree. I have worked with plenty of coaches over the years (In the MAC, A-10, and MVC) who prefer being first to set the bar or get the kid to commit before he has the chance to go anywhere else.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:16 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Can anyone remember a recruiting class where the Flyers have been competing with so many high level programs?

BG era it seemed like we'd have a couple guys but I feel like everyone that's been seriously linked to the Flyers has had significant power conference interest
Old 08-29-2016, 12:43 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Believe it or not, Jim O'Brien had a number of very high recruits that he chased. He won a few battles (Rodney Horton, Chip Jones, Chip Hare) but more often he lost the battle. Recruiting, unlike horseshoes, is not a "close enough" game. JOB's downfall (well, one of his downfalls) was that he swung for the fences too much but never had a back up plan for an "above average player". By the time he lost on his top recruits he was scrambling to pick up the Marko Pikkar's of college basketball.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 01:12 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
Can anyone remember a recruiting class where the Flyers have been competing with so many high level programs?

BG era it seemed like we'd have a couple guys but I feel like everyone that's been seriously linked to the Flyers has had significant power conference interest
Success begets success! Archie has broken the back of mediocrity and now we are considered a "tier 1" school in the minds of recruits. These young men know who we are and how we play. They know what we know - that their games will improved dramatically under Archie, a legitimate top-five coach in the country!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (08-29-2016), TMPH66 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 01:25 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Believe it or not, Jim O'Brien had a number of very high recruits that he chased. He won a few battles (Rodney Horton, Chip Jones, Chip Hare) but more often he lost the battle. Recruiting, unlike horseshoes, is not a "close enough" game. JOB's downfall (well, one of his downfalls) was that he swung for the fences too much but never had a back up plan for an "above average player". By the time he lost on his top recruits he was scrambling to pick up the Marko Pikkar's of college basketball.
I've had this debate with people who claim JOB had plenty of talent but couldn't coach. I differ. I think he was a decent enough coach (hard to tell) but had nowhere near the talent to compete. He had 4 wins in a whole season talent. Coaching could not save those teams.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (08-30-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
So what can the school officially and legally pay for?

Does it include all round trip transportation from home to school (whether that be plane fare, bus, car, etc) and does it cover the parents expenses for travel too?

I know the school pays for meals and again does that cover parents too? How about lodging? Are there limits to the number of days the school visit can be?

Is there anything else that the school is legally able to pay for during the official visit?
Found this list that Loyola uses:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...VisitRules.pdf
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
NJFlyr71 (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 02:31 PM
2nd Lieutenant

redscareRAM is a jewel in the roughredscareRAM is a jewel in the roughredscareRAM is a jewel in the roughredscareRAM is a jewel in the rough
247 sports uses a crystal ball prediction center where recruiting analysts pick which school players are most likely to commit to. By no means is it dead on but they are right more times than they are wrong for the most part.

4 of the 6 believe that we are the team to beat for McKinley Wright.

http://247sports.com/Player/McKinley-Wright-80550
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to redscareRAM For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bob G (08-30-2016), UDBrian (08-29-2016)
Old 08-29-2016, 03:55 PM
Major General

NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Found this list that Loyola uses:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...VisitRules.pdf
Thanks Swampy! Much appreciated.

Appears the reference as in "B 13.6.2.2.2" are from the NCAA bylaws for official visits. I am sure there are some other sections that tie in to visits since the BOOK is supposed to be rather thick.

After a brief reading seems that coverage on expenses for the parents is extremely limited. An example:

Friends or relatives may not receive cost-free transportation unless they
accompany the prospect at the time the prospect travels in an automobile
to make an official visit. [ B 13.6.2.2.1]

So NO airfare reimbursement for mom and dad.

A prospect on an official visit shall live and take meals as regular students normally do. Local commercial facilities may be used but at a scale comparable to that of normal student life and only within a 30-mile radius of the institutions
campus. [ B 13.7.4]

Written in the form a prospect no mention of providing for a meal to mom and dad.

For prospects that have interested parents that feel strongly about the future of their son/daughter but have limited money for taking a long trip and staying overnight for 2 days(?) with all normal expenditures what are they supposed to do? Not go??

I know there have been way out of bounds recruiting stories but there should be some middle ground to cover some of the parents costs ....

Yes I know my parents did not get reimbursed for their trip out to UD. And Heh!, neither did I! But I was not asked to perform and represent UD in team sports.

Thankfully I was not asked to represent UD in any national limelight ... all I might have been asked (implicitly) to do was carry myself forward in my life activities and career that would not put the degree I earned from UD in serious question as to the fitness of the school both in training skills and providing some sense to life's considerations.

Go UD!
Old 08-30-2016, 12:52 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

CraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond reputeCraSch has a reputation beyond repute
I realize we are NOT on his radar, but for all you people that love player names....wouldn't it have been awesome if DeAndre Ayton was considering us and became a Flyer

D.Ayton of Dayton. The kid really should come here!!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CraSch For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-30-2016), NovaFlyer (08-31-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 12:55 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
I've had this debate with people who claim JOB had plenty of talent but couldn't coach. I differ. I think he was a decent enough coach (hard to tell) but had nowhere near the talent to compete. He had 4 wins in a whole season talent. Coaching could not save those teams.
Oh he had talent, he just had no concept of how to build a team. He recruited 3-point shooters and totally disregarded recruiting defense. On top of that his players mostly showed no continuous improvement (partly due to the system) and left the program not much better than when they entered. He was a deer in the headlights when it came to in-game adjustments. All in all he was a terrible college coach.
edit: JOB's basketball philosophy was akin to those in the NFL that went all-in with the run-and-shoot offense. Once a defense was set you were doomed.

Last edited by FLYER5; 08-30-2016 at 01:01 PM..
Old 08-30-2016, 01:35 PM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Oh he had talent, he just had no concept of how to build a team. He recruited 3-point shooters and totally disregarded recruiting defense. On top of that his players mostly showed no continuous improvement (partly due to the system) and left the program not much better than when they entered. He was a deer in the headlights when it came to in-game adjustments. All in all he was a terrible college coach.
edit: JOB's basketball philosophy was akin to those in the NFL that went all-in with the run-and-shoot offense. Once a defense was set you were doomed.
He had a couple players that could play, but 1/2 the players were embarrassing to watch. Like someone said above, the philosophy seemed to be "Plan A" only. If Plan A didn't work out at a given position there was no Plan B except to look for walk ons.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:31 PM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
All this JOB talk has raised TUMS and hard liquor consumption in the Widget house.....
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Widget For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (08-30-2016), Flyer 86 (08-31-2016), FLYER5 (08-30-2016), springborofan (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 04:15 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
All in all he was a terrible college coach.
That pretty much says it all.
Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 05:51 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
He had a couple players that could play, but 1/2 the players were embarrassing to watch. Like someone said above, the philosophy seemed to be "Plan A" only. If Plan A didn't work out at a given position there was no Plan B except to look for walk ons.
Never heard much from those players because he couldn't develop them beyond the high school players they were. They were doomed to obscurity. You're right that he couldn't recruit. Donoher sold the place even after he left but that didn't last for long. If JOB wasn't a walking "L" he would've stayed in college as a head coach. After failing the first few years no good recruits wanted to come to UD (To lose 125-110) Now, I'm feeling pretty dirty. Think I'll belly up like my man widget.

Last edited by FLYER5; 08-30-2016 at 05:56 PM..
Old 08-30-2016, 07:33 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
I heard JOB is the reason we won't play Wright State!
Old 08-31-2016, 12:34 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Crossing one name off the list who hadn't been mentioned in connection with Dayton in quite some time...

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Verbal Commits ‏@VerbalCommits 45m45 minutes ago

2017 Cristo Rey (MN) F Jericho Sims has received an offer from Dayton. (HT @MWPElite) http://verbalcommits.com/players/jericho-sims

Jericho Sims committed to Shaka and the longhorns FWIW.
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (08-31-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 01:04 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Talented 6'10" Big Man out of Scotch Plains, New Jersey officially visiting right now

Pat Lawless ‏@PatLawless_ · 1h1 hour ago

Jordan Pierce, a class of 2017 forward from Union Catholic (NJ) begins his official visit at Dayton today.

Offers from Seton Hall, Temple & just got offered by South Carolina yesterday
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-02-2016), FLYER5 (09-01-2016), jack72 (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 01:38 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
the last Jordan was pretty good, lets sign as many as we can
Old 09-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Major General

Be Carefull

Originally Posted by Medford View Post

If we have 5 starting Jordan's we might be able to say the team is made up of Jordan-ians!
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 03:12 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Some highlights of Jordan Pierce:

http://www.ncsasports.org/mens-bask....jordan-pierce6
Bonziflyer (09-01-2016), FLYER5 (09-01-2016), frisco flyer (09-04-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 05:11 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
If we have 5 starting Jordan's we might be able to say the team is made up of Jordan-ians!
Haha, would've bet you were going to say Jordan-Aires. Thank yuh very much..
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud69 (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 06:31 PM
2nd Lieutenant

bryan will become famous soon enoughbryan will become famous soon enough
This is a better link
http://www.ncsasports.org/mens-baske...jordan-pierce6
Mad Props to bryan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-02-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 07:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops

6'9 2017 Sean Mobley of Montverde (FL)

Official Visits:
VCU 9/23
West Virginia 9/30
Dayton 10/14
flyer016 (09-02-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-01-2016), San Diego Flyer (09-02-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 08:11 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Googled his name and found this: http://www.seanmobley.com/
Very professional. There are even full game videos.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (09-02-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 09:03 PM
Captain

flyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
Googled his name and found this: http://www.seanmobley.com/
Very professional. There are even full game videos.
That is super professional. It's his resume for all to see. I'm surprised we haven't uncovered more of this yet. Maybe he's the trendsetter!
Old 09-01-2016, 09:15 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
For those dreaming of the Jordan Five those hopes took a tough blow a couple of days ago when Jordan Tucker trimmed Dayton from his list. The "All J" dream team is also evaporating with the recent commitments to other schools of Jericho Sims and Justyn Mutts. Tough week on the name game front.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:34 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
The only name game I'm worried about is Athletic Director and Head Coach. As long as i see Neil Sullivan and Archie Miller, I'm good.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
PalmBeachFlyer (09-02-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 09:22 AM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bryan View Post
This is a better link
http://www.ncsasports.org/mens-baske...jordan-pierce6
Nice prospect for sure. His development would be in the right hands at UD. Sadly, it takes me back to the best big man to develop at Dayton in decades. Steve's Freshman highlight reel is all we would have needed going forward.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-03-2016)
Old 09-02-2016, 09:28 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
But the coaching staff has Steve as a selling point. He made a complete transformation of his body and mind during his stay at UD and the coaching staff made it happen. I do realize that Steve had to want it but he did and the coaching staff showed him a better way.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
david85 (09-02-2016), San Diego Flyer (09-02-2016)
Old 09-03-2016, 09:12 PM
General of the Air Force

McKinley Wright @Ballislife_025

September 15th I will be making my college decision at Champlin Park High School at 5pm ���������� come support!

He visited Minny this weekend, so we get the last visit which comes next weekend
FLYER5 (09-03-2016), ruechalgrin (09-03-2016), San Diego Flyer (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 12:24 AM
Brigadier General

springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Phenom Hoop Report @Phenom_Hoops

6'9 2017 Sean Mobley of Montverde (FL)

Official Visits:
VCU 9/23
West Virginia 9/30
Dayton 10/14
Based on his website which was very professional, I'm taking a stab that his college decision will be made very methodically. I like the fact that we are last.
Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-05-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 09:55 AM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
is it a violation to tweet at these guys if i donate specifically to Athletics?
Runnin' Rebel (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 10:43 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
According to Brian Snow and Adam Finkelstein, Jordan Pierce has committed to UD. 6'10"-ish center from New Jersey.
Posted via Mobile Device
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 79 (09-04-2016), FLYER5 (09-05-2016), Glen Clark (09-05-2016), jack72 (09-04-2016), San Diego Flyer (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 3,610 Times in 2,454 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Power Forward Jordan Pierce committed to Dayton. 3 Star on Rivals.

https://dayton.rivals.com/news/perfe...her-commitment

Scout saying he is 6'11''

http://www.scout.com/college/basketb...mits-to-dayton

Last edited by Mich Flyer; 09-04-2016 at 11:54 AM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Mich Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-05-2016), Garson (09-04-2016), jack72 (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 02:29 PM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
According to his coach, "Extremely hard worker. Great size. Terrific hands for a big man," Reagen said. "Upside is huge. Dramatically better every year. Great family."

He plays the post, and likes to play there. No real outside shot. Was getting Ivy League interest, so he is a student.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ruechalgrin (09-04-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 02:31 PM

Question He's also shown at 6'10" in the pic

NCSA recruiting has Jordan listed at 7'.

Let's not forget when they commit to Dayton they lose stars, ranking and height!
Old 09-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Brigadier General

I dont want my Big man to have a jumper. I want him down low working on post moves,rebounding and blocking shots. Grinder baby.
Flyer 86 (09-08-2016)
Old 09-04-2016, 08:20 PM
1st Lieutenant

UncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to behold
McKinley Wright posted this afternoon "&then there were 2"
If that has to do with his decision, I would think we are one of them, or he would have
cancelled his visit. Unless, of course, the post had nothing to do with his list.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ballislif...=244+293670929
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-04-2016, 08:24 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by UncleFester View Post
McKinley Wright posted this afternoon "&then there were 2"
If that has to do with his decision, I would think we are one of them, or he would have
cancelled his visit. Unless, of course, the post had nothing to do with his list.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ballislif...=244+293670929
Posted via Mobile Device
It's down to us and Minnesota... He visits this upcoming weekend, then announces Next Thursday
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyer016 (09-05-2016), FLYER5 (09-05-2016), jack72 (09-05-2016), San Diego Flyer (09-04-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 01:29 AM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
If it is down to Minny and UD, then I like UD's chances. Richard Pitino is struggling a bit...real cold weather up there too I'm sure...I personally dislike winter.

But, on the other hand, I just realized that he is from just outside of Minneapolis, in Champlin, so there is the hometown connection to contend with.

Nothing against Richard Pitino, but I don't know if they should have fIred Tubby Smith to begin with, he was doing pretty well.

The Golden Gophers under RP:

(2013–present)
2013–14 Minnesota 25–13 8–10 7th NIT Champions
2014–15 Minnesota 18–15 6–12 T–10th
2015–16 Minnesota 8–23 2–16 13th

Last edited by ud2; 09-05-2016 at 01:49 AM..
Old 09-05-2016, 06:39 AM
Captain

Widget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond reputeWidget has a reputation beyond repute
Aside from recent success, another factor for picking UD over Minnesota would be where basketball falls on the sports totem pole. UD is a basketball-first school. Tons of hoops junkies. At Minnesota, football and hockey are much more important to the majority of fans.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Widget For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (09-05-2016)
Old 09-05-2016, 10:35 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,692 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.gopherhole.com/news_artic...rrer_id=334835
Interesting Q&A with Wright. Says he wants to go to winning program. That's would seem to give us a big leg up on MN.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-06-2016), Runnin' Rebel (09-05-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 10:48 AM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
McKinley Wright tweeted out "down to 2" and he is set to visit us this weekend. He visited Minnesota this past weekend and called it a "10/10". He announced he will be making his decision 9/15 at 5PM, which is before his scheduled visits to X and Memphis--so safe assumption it's between us and Minn at this point.

With 3 schollys left, we need a PG. I think the staffs #1 PG target is Wright. I'd say we have an advantage being the last visit, but never good when he calls another school a 10/10. But UD and Minn are really polar opposites, so it's whatever the kid likes more. Minn is bigger, closer to home, public, has D1 football, plays in B10, inferior basketball. UD gets him out of state, smaller, catholic, hoops is the big show in town and our bball program has had success in recent years. Interesting to see what he wants.

If we land MW, I want the 2 four stars to round out this class -- Polley and Morsell. Boy would that be a dynamite class!

Polley coming I think 9/26 which is his last visit. Morsel coming 10/21, which I believe is his last scheduled visit AND red/blue scrimmage weekend. Boom
Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 10:52 AM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by 224 View Post
McKinley Wright tweeted out "down to 2" and he is set to visit us this weekend. He visited Minnesota this past weekend and called it a "10/10". He announced he will be making his decision 9/15 at 5PM, which is before his scheduled visits to X and Memphis--so safe assumption it's between us and Minn at this point.

With 3 schollys left, we need a PG. I think the staffs #1 PG target is Wright. I'd say we have an advantage being the last visit, but never good when he calls another school a 10/10. But UD and Minn are really polar opposites, so it's whatever the kid likes more. Minn is bigger, closer to home, public, has D1 football, plays in B10, inferior basketball. UD gets him out of state, smaller, catholic, hoops is the big show in town and our bball program has had success in recent years. Interesting to see what he wants.

If we land MW, I want the 2 four stars to round out this class -- Polley and Morsell. Boy would that be a dynamite class!

Polley coming I think 9/26 which is his last visit. Morsel coming 10/21, which I believe is his last scheduled visit AND red/blue scrimmage weekend. Boom
Polley hasn't set up a UD visit yet just a heads up
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
224 (09-06-2016), Atlantic 10 (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 11:15 AM
General

Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Other than the potential hometown pull, not sure why a kid would want to go to Minnesota at this point. How thin is the ice up there that Pitino is walking on? I wouldn't worry too much about the 10/10 comment, you see that all the time from recruits at numerous schools. If you can't sell your school, coaching and atmosphere to a recruit on an official visit at a 10/10 level at a Big 10 school, then you probably need to get out of the game. I'm sure his visit to UD will be a 10/10 then he'll make up his mind. My guess is he already knows where he wants to go, the visits are just to confirm his decision.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:16 AM
General

not a 2017 recruit:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...eported/nsQBk/

but a kid UD was involved with in the past, a kid that seemed to loss steam on the recruiting front as his time at T-M passed. Perhaps now we know why.
Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
Don't forget this is Wright second visit to Dayton as he took a unofficial visit in the summer!
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to soccergod For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 11:55 AM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
We also have a visit 10/1 by Keith Williams that was offered over the weekend by Auburn and NC State !
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to soccergod For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 12:38 PM
Brigadier General

not a 2017 recruit:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/...eported/nsQBk/

but a kid UD was involved with in the past, a kid that seemed to loss steam on the recruiting front as his time at T-M passed. Perhaps now we know why.
This is really sad. Here is a kid who had a bright future ahead of him. By all accounts he was a good student and seemed to have his head on straight.

The streets are a treacherous place. I hate to see him become another statistic. I'm tired of too many statistics. Way too many of our youth are wasting away. The lure of either "easy money" or drugs is taking away too many from this generation.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerFanatic1986 (09-06-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-06-2016), NovaFlyer (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Academy Doolie

Ivan is a jewel in the roughIvan is a jewel in the roughIvan is a jewel in the rough
The Keith Williams highlight tape left me feeling like he could be the best talent of those recently comitting and of those yet to make official visits. I do realize that the tape doesn't tell you anything about his team demeanor or personal character. But I would say Archie and staff feel good about that or they wouldn't have offered him and invited him to an official visit. This young man Keith Williams shows mad ballin' skills.
Old 09-06-2016, 05:40 PM

UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
I dont want my Big man to have a jumper. I want him down low working on post moves,rebounding and blocking shots. Grinder baby.
I'd much rather have a big that can work down low, rebound (although leading rebounders are almost always 4s, block shots AND hit a 15 foot jumper. Offense is much more fluid if a big can step away from the basket, especially with high ball screens so common.
UDBrian (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 05:46 PM

When's the last time UD had one of those? Ashman?
Old 09-06-2016, 06:24 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
I'd much rather have a big that can work down low, rebound (although leading rebounders are almost always 4s, block shots AND hit a 15 foot jumper. Offense is much more fluid if a big can step away from the basket, especially with high ball screens so common.
Both scoring down low and stepping out for a jumper is very hard for many big men.

The coaching staff was trying to develop both with Steve. They working on his inside moves and a 3 point shot. Privately, Archie told an audience that Steve would shoot 3s in a game before his career was over. Sad that prediction was unable to be made.
Old 09-06-2016, 06:56 PM

Thanked 10,130 Times in 5,865 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
I think Sam Miller may give us an inside and outside game by his junior year.
Old 09-06-2016, 07:06 PM

Gavrilovic was thought to have those latent skills. He had flashes of both, a career of neither.

Opposing coaches love to see our big men shooting from the key.
Old 09-06-2016, 08:45 PM

When's the last time UD had one of those? Ashman?
Probably Waleskowski was the best combination since Ashman.

And they are rare especially if not one and done.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:02 PM

And he seemed more like a PF.
Old 09-06-2016, 09:16 PM
Major

FlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really niceFlyerYouBetcha is just really nice
Other than the potential hometown pull, not sure why a kid would want to go to Minnesota at this point. How thin is the ice up there that Pitino is walking on? I wouldn't worry too much about the 10/10 comment, you see that all the time from recruits at numerous schools. If you can't sell your school, coaching and atmosphere to a recruit on an official visit at a 10/10 level at a Big 10 school, then you probably need to get out of the game. I'm sure his visit to UD will be a 10/10 then he'll make up his mind. My guess is he already knows where he wants to go, the visits are just to confirm his decision.
Take it from a native. Gopher basketball is a dumpster fire Enzo. The ONLY sales point the Gropers have is The Barn and the sell that Wright can become the brand savior. The junior Pitino has the program going in the wrong direction. If this Wright kid really believes the U is a 10/10 then he is delusional, another peanut butter sniffing Sammy Smith and we don't want him. UFFDA. I wouldn't put it past Pitino to buy this recruit given Spitino will be fired if this year is another dumpster fire Enzo. This isn't his fathers program.

Last edited by FlyerYouBetcha; 09-06-2016 at 09:21 PM..
Old 09-06-2016, 11:11 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,248 Times in 1,129 Posts
Bat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond reputeBat'71 has a reputation beyond repute
What is the kid supposed to say, that Minnesota's just not for him or that he wasn't impressed with the coaches, the kids, the facilities or the school? He just had an official visit there, what's he going to say? If he truly thought the Gophers were a "10/10", he would have committed then and there...think about it. We still have a good shot at the kid and I like the fact he showed some maturity and tact and didn't dis the school in his own backyard.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bat'71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-07-2016), Flyer 86 (09-08-2016), jack72 (09-07-2016), John C. (09-06-2016)
Old 09-06-2016, 11:44 PM
1st Lieutenant

UncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to beholdUncleFester is a splendid one to behold
I certainly hope he doesn't read that post. You will not win a recruit by
torching his home state, most likely his childhood team and his tweets. Thanks for that insight.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-07-2016, 08:18 AM

longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerYouBetcha View Post
Take it from a native. Gopher basketball is a dumpster fire Enzo. The ONLY sales point the Gropers have is The Barn and the sell that Wright can become the brand savior. The junior Pitino has the program going in the wrong direction. If this Wright kid really believes the U is a 10/10 then he is delusional, another peanut butter sniffing Sammy Smith and we don't want him. UFFDA. I wouldn't put it past Pitino to buy this recruit given Spitino will be fired if this year is another dumpster fire Enzo. This isn't his fathers program.
Where is the gong button when you need it.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:47 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Aside from the part about just slamming Wright for absolutely no reason, he's not wrong. Minnesota basketball is terrible.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:21 AM

And he seemed more like a PF.
He was. But I think most college teams play better without pure centers.
Flyer 86 (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 09:46 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
A couple teammate and of friends McKinley Wright.

AAU teammate for D1MN, Jericho Sims also was considering MN and Wright and Sims could play together. But Sims is headed to TX. Wright said wasn't mad at Sims after talking to him about his decision. Said it was a good situation for Sims and he was excited for him.

Wrights high school teammate Theo John also has an offer from MN which could potentially keep the teammates playing together. John is visiting Marquette. I'm not sure if he has a visit to MN scheduled. Local MN media are reporting Pitino's best chance is to get wright first and then try to talk John into coming to.

AAU teammate for D1MN, Matthew Hurt is one of the top sophomore players in the country, ranked #6 by ESPN and just invited to play for team USA. Just got an offer from Sean Miller at AZ. Hoping Wright and Hurt keep it in the family.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 10:05 AM

Thanked 2,208 Times in 974 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not impressed by 10/10.
UD goes to 11.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MrFlyerFanatic For This Totally Excellent Post:
chicago92 (09-07-2016), Figgie123 (09-07-2016), flyerfanatic86 (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 10:07 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UncleFester View Post
I certainly hope he doesn't read that post. You will not win a recruit by
torching his home state, most likely his childhood team and his tweets. Thanks for that insight.
Posted via Mobile Device
With the age of social media and all the nasty tweets and messages these kids receive on a daily basis, I do not think a post like that will hurt our chances at all.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 01:09 PM
General

Opposing coaches love to see our big men shooting from the key.
When they suck at it, yes. When you have a touch like Ashman, no. With our athletic wings crashing in from the sides while the opposing team's big is 15 feet away, I like our chances to score on that play.

I think any reasonably skilled big who catches the ball in the rhythm of the offense and shoots a minimally contested 12-15 footer with his feet square to the basket should be encouraged to shoot. It doesn't bother me when Pollard shoots from 12-15 and his shot is painful to look at. It's a fricken' free throw! We have bigs who shoot those at 55% so I'll take that offensive efficiency any day.

If Sam Miller passes up any uncontested 15 footer for the rest of his career they should make him run suicides during the next timeout.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 02:43 PM
1st Lieutenant

steve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nice
McKinley Wright story in Minnesota paper...Dayton looking good!

http://www.startribune.com/mckinley-...ent/392601731/
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to steve snyder For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (09-07-2016), BeckysTXA (09-07-2016), FLYER5 (09-07-2016), Jack D (09-07-2016), LI Flyer (09-07-2016), Runnin' Rebel (09-07-2016), San Diego Flyer (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
Aside from the part about just slamming Wright for absolutely no reason,
That's the part I was referring to.
Old 09-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
With the age of social media and all the nasty tweets and messages these kids receive on a daily basis, I do not think a post like that will hurt our chances at all.
I could not possibly agree more. Recruits may check out this site but I can't imagine that a recruit picks out an individual post by some random knucklehead, including mine, and determines "yes that is the perfect school for me" or "I really really wanted to go there but that hurt my feelings too much."

Give the kids some credit.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:09 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve snyder View Post
http://www.startribune.com/mckinley-...ent/392601731/
The part that stood out to me was when the paper put down the Flyers.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:23 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
The part that stood out to me was when the paper put down the Flyers.
Where did they put down the Flyers?

I thought the article was well written, by the local Minnesota paper writing about the local kid and the local school.

Can't wait to read the follow up article where they write about why Wright made the Wright choice and becomes a Flyer.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (09-07-2016), San Diego Flyer (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 06:44 PM
Major

cralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Where did they put down the Flyers?

I thought the article was well written, by the local Minnesota paper writing about the local kid and the local school.

Can't wait to read the follow up article where they write about why Wright made the Wright choice and becomes a Flyer.
I have to agree with ClaytonFlyerFan on this. I do not think you can ask for better treatment from a Minnesota paper about a school competing for their local talent.

I do have a feeling we are going to win this one though. Archie's gang is on a roll
Mad Props to cralford For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (09-07-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
"But why are the Flyers one of his finalists?"

That, to me, reads like a total put down. Kind of like they are saying, Dayton should not be mentioned in the same article as Minnesota, Memphis, and Xavier. Mr. Wright gives a well thought out answer.
Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-08-2016)
Old 09-07-2016, 07:58 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
I love the team is playing 5 on 5 pick-up at 1am! Archie recruits his kind of players.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDGutter2 (09-08-2016), Viperstick (09-07-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 09:46 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDGutter2 View Post
"But why are the Flyers one of his finalists?"

That, to me, reads like a total put down. Kind of like they are saying, Dayton should not be mentioned in the same article as Minnesota, Memphis, and Xavier. Mr. Wright gives a well thought out answer.
I don't see the question as being a put down to UD at all.

He has already ruled out X and Memphis, so the only other school to compare Minnesota to was UD.

Remember, his HS is 20 miles from UMinn and 725 miles from UD. If a kid from Troy was down to UD and Minnesota, I think it would be reasonable to the DDN article to attempt to explain why Minnesota was one of the two finalists.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shapanud For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (09-08-2016), BeckysTXA (09-08-2016), ClaytonFlyerFan (09-08-2016), cralford (09-08-2016), FLYER5 (09-08-2016), Iguomaniac (09-08-2016), Ready Action (09-08-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 12:27 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Confirmation of visit this weekend, announcement 9/15. think positive, everyone! Sounds like we run incredible visits. That hooked the Jordan's.

http://m.daytondailynews.com/news/sp...-flyers/nsTHW/

Funny pics on Twitter of possible uniforms. Pollard will make #25 available next year. Mashup of old & new logos.

Last edited by Columbia Blue; 09-08-2016 at 12:38 PM..
Mad Props to Columbia Blue For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (09-09-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 03:08 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post
I don't see the question as being a put down to UD at all.

He has already ruled out X and Memphis, so the only other school to compare Minnesota to was UD.

Remember, his HS is 20 miles from UMinn and 725 miles from UD. If a kid from Troy was down to UD and Minnesota, I think it would be reasonable to the DDN article to attempt to explain why Minnesota was one of the two finalists.
Eh-- not sure I agree with that one. I think it's quite obvious if someone is down to a hometown team and one that's out of state. On one hand, you have your state school that's an option if he wants to stay home. On the other, he has a school that's out of state so he can do something different and get away from home/MN. I think this was absolutely a put down and is only seeing the surface. "Hometown BIG10 team or 'lowly' A10 team." The only thing MN knows about us is that we beat them a few years back.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:00 PM
Major

cralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond reputecralford has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bhflyer5 View Post
Eh-- not sure I agree with that one. I think it's quite obvious if someone is down to a hometown team and one that's out of state. On one hand, you have your state school that's an option if he wants to stay home. On the other, he has a school that's out of state so he can do something different and get away from home/MN. I think this was absolutely a put down and is only seeing the surface. "Hometown BIG10 team or 'lowly' A10 team." The only thing MN knows about us is that we beat them a few years back.
So many of us just can't get over this lowly UD syndrome. If that make you feel better go for it. Nowhere did I see them mention them being a powerhouse BIG10 Team. They could have mentioned we did not get national press until 3 years ago if the were attempting to put us down. They mentioned we were a preseason favorite in a quality conference. They know what we have done against the BIG10 recently.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cralford For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (09-09-2016), m21eagle45 (09-08-2016), springborofan (09-09-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 05:03 PM
Major General

Originally Posted by cralford View Post
So many of us just can't get over this lowly UD syndrome. If that make you feel better go for it. Nowhere did I see them mention them being a powerhouse BIG10 Team. They could have mentioned we did not get national press until 3 years ago if the were attempting to put us down. They mentioned we were a preseason favorite in a quality conference. They know what we have done against the BIG10 recently.

I agree. There are some of you out there that even after the last few years still seem to harbor doubt or fears that we are not worthy.

I read the article twice and do not see this put down ... but if you all' feel slighted and can't be convinced otherwise because you can SEE the slight no one else here can correct that issue .. so the rest of us will move on.

By the way I hope Mr Wright signs with us. But if he doesn't we move on from that too!
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (09-09-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 05:13 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Whatever happened to Dayton interest in Sterling Manley, the Pickerington Ohio product? I see that he took an official visit to West Virginia? I also see Xavier, Pitt and TCU interest. He is listed between 6'9" and 6'11" on different sites. He looks very thin in the pictures.

I know nothing about the kid other than what i have read. In the past, Dayton has been hot on the trail of a recruit only to have Huggy Bear come in and snatch them away. I was just wondering if we could do the same maneuver on him someday. I remember that we almost lost Kavanaugh to Huggy Bear and eventually, Statin went to him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-08-2016, 06:35 PM

Thanked 6,125 Times in 4,170 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Whatever happened to Dayton interest in Sterling Manley, the Pickerington Ohio product? I see that he took an official visit to West Virginia? I also see Xavier, Pitt and TCU interest. He is listed between 6'9" and 6'11" on different sites. He looks very thin in the pictures.

I know nothing about the kid other than what i have read. In the past, Dayton has been hot on the trail of a recruit only to have Huggy Bear come in and snatch them away. I was just wondering if we could do the same maneuver on him someday. I remember that we almost lost Kavanaugh to Huggy Bear and eventually, Statin went to him.
Posted via Mobile Device
FWIW, verbalcommits says that UD offered...Scout lists UD as a school of interest...Rivals and 247 list no offer from UD.

WVU seems to be the frontrunner with "warm" interest...3 out of 4 experts say that he will pick WVU:

http://247sports.com/Player/Sterling-Manley-88664

Last edited by ud2; 09-08-2016 at 06:38 PM..
Old 09-08-2016, 09:06 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Interesting that Wright might have a teammate committing to Minnesota soon as well
Old 09-08-2016, 09:49 PM
General of the Air Force

Just a heads up, another top PG from NY officially visiting Minny this weekend

Could be good news for us
Old 09-08-2016, 09:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Seems to have quite an ego. Making a announcement about his future announcement. You would think he's a 5 star rather than a 2.5 to 3 star, smallish PG.
Old 09-08-2016, 09:52 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by maddog07 View Post
Seems to have quite an ego. Making a announcement about his future announcement. You would think he's a 5 star rather than a 2.5 to 3 star, smallish PG.
Seriously?

An 18 year old kid is excited to make a decision that will impact the rest of his life, especially the next 4 years and the game he loves, and you want to talk about his ego?
10 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (09-09-2016), Bonziflyer (09-09-2016), cralford (09-09-2016), FLYER5 (09-09-2016), flyerfanatic86 (09-09-2016), FlyerinChicago (09-09-2016), Gazoo (09-09-2016), IndianaFlyer (09-09-2016), longtimefan (09-08-2016), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (09-09-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 10:02 PM
General of the Air Force

Get off my lawn ha
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyhi524 (09-08-2016), Gazoo (09-09-2016), longtimefan (09-08-2016), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (09-09-2016)
Old 09-08-2016, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by FlyerYouBetcha View Post
If this Wright kid really believes the U is a 10/10 then he is delusional, another peanut butter sniffing Sammy Smith and we don't want him.
Any other recruits we want to trash???
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (09-09-2016), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (09-09-2016), sheg (09-08-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 01:08 AM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post

Posted via Mobile Device
I saw Sterling play at Flyin to the Hoop last year. Big tall player who is raw with lots of potential. I sat near his supportive family. Good people.

I thought I read that he was hurt at the end of the year. With UD landing one big man, I wonder if he is looking elsewhere.
Old 09-09-2016, 01:11 AM

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Maddog does nothing but trash everything on this site. It gets so old.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-09-2016), PalmBeachFlyer (09-09-2016), Phi Psi Flyer '09 (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=SeasonTicketFan;464069]I saw Sterling play at Flyin to the Hoop last year. Big tall player who is raw with lots of potential. I sat near his supportive family. Good people.

I thought I read that he was hurt at the end of the year. With UD landing one big man, I wonder if he is looking elsewhere.

Hope still springs eternal that Archie and his coaching staff go for a positional recruit. I am voting for a second center on this team. Archie took a risk. Instead of taking a second center, he took Trey Landers. I understand the catch-22 dilemma. Do we take the best available player or do we fill out the class and/or the depth at the positions. With no succession plan at center, we are now facing another year with no center on this team. I suspect that we will be playing two forwards and three guards most of the time. I suspect that 6'7" Cunningham will be our tallest player on the floor, most of the minutes. We'll sub in Sam Miller, Xeryius Williams and Kostas intermittently. But, essentially, we will be small ball this year. If we do not take a second center for next year then we will be one flu-like sniffle or one turned ankle away from small ball next year. I would rather go for a transfer for this year, a transfer for next year or a recruit fir next year who can play center.

Given the above, we better be real good at boxing out for rebounds and really good at running the floor for break-away baskets.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 09:12 AM

We can compete and win in the A10 without a traditional center. It's not the end of the world. I doubt we would be chasing two young projects. We would have had a great center and a young project if all went as we mortals planned. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerinChicago (09-09-2016), Gazoo (09-09-2016), IndianaFlyer (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 09:22 AM
1st Lieutenant

PalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nicePalmBeachFlyer is just really nice
IMHO Basketball has evolved to speed and attack. Yes it would be nice to have the traditional center but I love the idea of teams having to match up against Pollard and Cunningham being able to attack or drive and dish.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PalmBeachFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-09-2016), m21eagle45 (09-09-2016)
Old 09-09-2016, 11:01 AM
General of the Air Force

Students if you see McKinley on campus this weekend, make sure to show him some love.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
cralford (09-09-2016), Glen Clark (09-11-2016)