Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-20-2015, 12:25 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NJFlyr71 View Post
You can bet a dollar that if the game was broadcast by NBC Sports Brian Williams would have been there!~
Well it just so happens, going unreported was the near-disastrous event that took place in the bowels of the arena. As the game was about to start two water pumps that keep the Great Miami River out of the arena were breached from the frigid temps. How he thawed those pipes with only his breath is, well,
astounding. Thanks Brian!
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (02-20-2015)
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2015, 12:48 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
My encyclopedic dictionary lists "irregardless, adj. informal...regardless (not considered good usage)". It's a good thing I was at the game. If I had listened to him on TV, I would have been cringing continuously, lol. People use "irregardless" when they mean "irrespective", whch also means "regardless". I have a couple of friends who make that mistake and it's all I can do to keep my mouth shut. The English teacher in me shudders. Sometimes, when people make usage or pronunciation errors, I can say something similar in response, using the right words and hoping the other person hears it and gets the message.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 66flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-20-2015), Gazoo (02-21-2015), T-Bone 84 (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
Lunardi wad there with headphones and talking a lot - I assumed he was calling the game for somebody
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2015, 01:31 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,859 Times in 720 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Last night's game was featured on sports center "Not Top 10," a compilation of bad plays. Bembry's almost-monster-dunk that flew off the rim was featured.

The host went on to note that "Daytona" went on to win the game.
Old 02-20-2015, 03:26 PM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer Hub will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
I think there may've been a little herb in his remoteness..
You mean his "irremoteness"...
Mad Props to Flyer Hub For This Totally Excellent Post:
MDFlyer (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 03:28 PM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer Hub will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Gilchrist's Autograph 2 View Post
Lunardi wad there with headphones and talking a lot - I assumed he was calling the game for somebody
Posted via Mobile Device
Lunardi does radio color for St. Joe's and is also an employee of the school.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,695 Times in 2,512 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
You can bet a dollar that if the game was broadcast by NBC Sports Brian Williams would have been there!~
Or at least he would have claimed to be there.
Old 02-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,388 Times in 620 Posts
AC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond reputeAC91 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MDFlyer View Post
That guy set the English language back a few hundred years as well. After blurting out "stick-to-itiveness" as coach-speech, being uncertain if it was a work or not, and finally being told in his ear that it is a word, he went on to talk about the word "irregardless." He should have stopped at stick-to-itiveness. He told the audience that "irregardless" is defined as "without regard." Let's first address his quite literal/obvious definition of the word. Throw "ir" at the beginning of a root word or "less" at the end of a root word and you basically have your definition. Yet he found it necessary to tell us. Second, "irregardless" is (unfortunately) a word in the dictionary, but one should simply use the proper word "regardless." That dude was a clown, but at least he came across as interested in the Flyers. I'll take what I can get, I suppose.

/endrant
Wow! I missed that part. i'm glad my son was with me watching...we must have been talking at the time. irregardless is just horrible. It is someone trying to sound smart not realizing how dumb they sound. ir (without) - regardless (no regard). so i guess it actually could mean "with some regard" but that is also ridiculous. And "ain't" is in the dictionary, too....
Old 02-20-2015, 05:50 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
He wouldn't need to be - he could just go to Sarah Palin's house because if you can see Russia from there I'm sure you can see UD Arena!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Brigadier General

forego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond reputeforego1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 66flyer View Post
..... it's all I can do to keep my mouth shut. The English teacher in me shudders. Sometimes, when people make usage or pronunciation errors, I can say....
Well my wife was an English and English Literature teacher too, and when I made enough usage and pronunciation errors, I can say I did keep my mouth shut, and (unfortunately for you) I came here to say what I think instead.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:18 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,176 Times in 5,904 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
In the end, I don't care where the announcers are. They can be listening the radio, but if they get the facts right and do a play by play description, I am happy.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
UD62 (02-20-2015)
Old 02-20-2015, 06:29 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Medford View Post
It seems strange, but its likely to become a more "typical" thing as a means of controlling costs as more and more games get broadcast moving forward. Sure the big games will have announcers live on the scene, but your mid-week otherwise non descript game (from a national perspective) will likely get filled this way more often. That would allow them to have their broadcast team call a game each night of the week in a different city and never have to spend on travel costs, less equipment set up, etc..
Or, they could contract with regional "talking heads", to actually travel to the sites and do the games. That way, one crew does a UD game on Tuesday, an X game on Wednesday, and an OU game on Thursday, and the announcers are actually "in the house" to give the true, game-day feel. And, of course, they'd work games on the weekends as well (but the "B"-squad would get Purdue @ Northwestern, while the "A"-squad would get Rhode Island @ UD ).

Plus, if they limit the number of hours each broadcaster is committed to work, then they can get around the Obamacare Employer Mandate!
Old 02-20-2015, 06:45 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Plus, if they limit the number of hours each broadcaster is committed to work, then they can get around the Obamacare Employer Mandate!
probably not as ESPN will just hire 1 broadcast team and have them do the 5pm Sportscenter followed by games at 6pm, 8pm, 10pm and the west coast midnight game wrapping up with a 2am Sportscenter
Old 02-28-2015, 05:42 PM

Thanked 2,862 Times in 1,139 Posts
ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-at-no-22-vcu/
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (02-28-2015), Bob G (02-28-2015), swish61 (02-28-2015)
Old 02-28-2015, 07:32 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.midmajormadness.com/2015/...-dog-stand-cup
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (03-01-2015), ruechalgrin (02-28-2015), Runnin' Rebel (03-01-2015), UD Sam (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 02:06 PM

ruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond reputeruechalgrin has a reputation beyond repute
USA Today with a great mention of Dayton's Elite 8 Run.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...g-12/24097433/
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Captain

1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold1903 Flyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by ruechalgrin View Post
USA Today with a great mention of Dayton's Elite 8 Run.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...g-12/24097433/
I like this line from the same article: "The Missouri Valley will likely be the only mid-major conference to get two bids." Subtle message that the A10 has rightfully shed the mid-major label in the national media.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 1903 Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (03-01-2015), flyerfanatic86 (03-02-2015), jack72 (03-01-2015), UDBaby (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 02:29 PM
Captain

Rick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud ofRick Scaia has much to be proud of
Biggest winners and losers from the weekend:

http://www.sbnation.com/college-bask...izona-kentucky

Dayton isn't among the top 5 winners, but we're in the next five. And the Flyers are actually mentioned twice, because VCU was among the top 5 losers.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Rick Scaia For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-01-2015), FLYER5 (03-01-2015)
Old 03-01-2015, 05:56 PM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Another great Archie interview.

https://embed.radio.com/clip/5893791...=UA-2438645-53
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Canonball (03-01-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 01:36 AM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Nice mention in CBSSports Night Court after the URI game

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...-down-over-wvu

Dayton takes control of the Atlantic-10, beats Rhode Island 75-59

It's now official. With a win at La Salle on Saturday, Dayton will win at least a share of the Atlantic-10 title (depending on if Davidson can win against VCU and Duquesne this week). And that's an absolutely incredible accomplishment for a team that is now 16-4 since dismissing its only big men, Devon Scott and Jalen Robinson.

That should cinch up a tournament bid for the Flyers, who can now finish no worse than 23-8 even if they lose their final two (including their first A-10 Tournament game). However, the same cannot be said of Rhode Island. The Rams are now 20-8, with only two KenPom top-100 wins and zero top-50 wins. That's not exactly the resume of a team that seems likely to get an at-large bid. It seems like the Rams are going to have to make a run in the A-10 Tournament to get in despite a gaudy record and a terrific defense.

Pierre is also mentioned a little further down the page in the Top Performers section.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:51 AM
Colonel

udstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud ofudstevied_D87 has much to be proud of
2014 Cinderella Dayton no longer a surprise with A-10 title in view

My favorite quote of the article:

"It's funny, there's a song we listen to that's called "I Don't Get Tired" by Kevin Gates," said guard Jordan Sibert, the lone senior for the Flyers who scored 21 points on his senior night and left the court to a standing ovation and a serenade of his name from the sellout crowd of 13,455.

"It's how we approach it mentally. We look at each other and it's like 'You can't be tired.' If you get hurt in the game, no you can't be hurt. It's our mentality. We can't let down."

http://www.foxsports.com/ohio/story/...-miller-030315
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udstevied_D87 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (03-04-2015), jack72 (03-04-2015), Sea Bass (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 09:15 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,088 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Is this fun OR IS THIS F'in FUN!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
66flyer (03-04-2015), Flyer 86 (03-04-2015), FlyerFanatic1986 (03-04-2015), redbengal (03-04-2015), udstevied_D87 (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 10:01 AM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Doug Harris writes about Sibert

http://pressprosmagazine.com/doug-ha...e-home-finale/
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (03-04-2015), Bonziflyer (03-04-2015), cj (03-04-2015), redbengal (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
Forego1--I don't correct adults directly because I don't think it's appropriate. I corrected my sister once years ago and her hurt reaction was all I needed to never do it again. My mother drilled all aspects of English into us, but both my sisters still misuse pronouns. I drilled English into my 5 kids and they seldom make mistakes. When my 3rd son was about 10 or so, he said something wrong and I corrected him. He said, "But that's how Grandma says it". I took a deep breath and told him that Grandma and Grandpa (my in-laws) didn't have the chance at a good education like he did and it's not their fault they make mistakes. I told him correcting them would really hurt their feelings and never, ever do that. I practice what I preach, just doing mental corrections.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:59 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
nice reid forgrave piece

http://www.foxsports.com/college-bas...ty-well-030315
Old 03-04-2015, 11:47 AM
General

Thanked 4,343 Times in 2,135 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
A couple of things...

first there is this, not sure if its been posted or not

http://www.lostlettermen.com/slidesh...ketball-arenas

2nd, I was listening to Cowherd yesterday and the subject of march madness came up. I'm not sure how he got there, but he said there really are few true Cinderella stories in march, using Florida Gulf Coast as an example of a true Cinderella story. His producer asked about a couple of other schools, one being #11 seed UD making the elite 8. Colin's response was short and sweet, "No, Dayton's a real program, that not a Cinderella"
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Medford For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (03-04-2015), Flyer 86 (03-04-2015), UDBaby (03-10-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 12:11 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
Today @ 12:35 PM EST Archie will be on the Jim Rome Radio show.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (03-04-2015), jack72 (03-04-2015), m21eagle45 (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 12:53 PM
Academy Doolie

Fairways & Greens is on a distinguished road
Can someone post how the Rome interview went? Can't listen to it at work.
Old 03-04-2015, 01:53 PM
Major General

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,088 Posts
NJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond reputeNJFlyr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Fairways & Greens View Post
Can someone post how the Rome interview went? Can't listen to it at work.

Listen your self.

http://jimrome.com/audio/the-jim-rome-show/

You have heard some of this before but still good to hear it again in another venue and show.
Mad Props to NJFlyr71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-04-2015)
Old 03-04-2015, 02:41 PM
1st Lieutenant

stargeneral is a jewel in the roughstargeneral is a jewel in the roughstargeneral is a jewel in the roughstargeneral is a jewel in the rough
http://jimrome.com/2015/03/04/archie-miller/
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to stargeneral For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyhi524 (03-04-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-04-2015)
Old 03-08-2015, 08:54 PM

Good mention by Syracuse newspaper about Dayton's win last year.

http://www.syracuse.com/axeman/index...than_ever.html
Mad Props to ruechalgrin For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (03-11-2015)
Old 03-09-2015, 09:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
How about some international publicity about Dayton basketball:

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2015/03/0...ness-with-team
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bob G (03-10-2015), Drugs Delaney (03-09-2015), Glen Clark (03-09-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (03-09-2015), Radar (03-10-2015), ruechalgrin (03-09-2015)
Old 04-07-2015, 09:33 AM
General

Thanked 4,539 Times in 2,056 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Bump

This thread got buried, but it's still relevant . . .

Old 04-07-2015, 01:35 PM
Captain

vclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond reputevclark34 has a reputation beyond repute
Some espn links if you have insider:

Early Dayton 2015 2016 preview

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncbr.../post?id=13134

"With virtually everyone back and a talented four-man class arriving on campus, Dayton will have both star power and depth in their lineup, and that’s a recipe to not only keep them atop the Atlantic 10 but also make them capable of a run in March."

Article focuses on Dayton and VCU about how NCAA runs impact recruiting

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-s...espnapi_public

Dyshawn Pierre on all giant killer (team and a little validation from Peter Keading and Jordon Brenner)

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/gian...er/post?id=801

"Incidentally, we have heard analysts say that the silly technical foul called on Friars coach Ed Cooley, when he knocked over his chair, cost Providence its momentum. Do you know what happened before that T? The Friars missed two jump shots and 1 of 2 free throws, and Pierre hit a 3 to put Dayton up by eight points with less than five minutes left in the game. Then, sandwiched between a Providence turnover and a foul, he grabbed an offensive rebound. Because of Pierre, the Friars didn’t have any momentum to lose."

Saw this posted elsewhere but Goodman's 2016 NCAA bracket with Dayton (and Rhode Island) both as 6 seeds

http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-coll...espnapi_public

"The Flyers lose Jordan Sibert, but return everyone else from an NCAA tournament team, including Dyshawn Pierre. Archie Miller also gets some size with 6-foot-11 Steve McElvene."
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to vclark34 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (04-07-2015), Bonziflyer (04-08-2015), Flyer Al (04-08-2015), Glen Clark (04-07-2015), hawkoooo (04-07-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-08-2015)
Old 04-08-2015, 07:37 PM

ESPN final power rankings had UD at #26, 1 point behind San Diego State.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...n/2015/week/19

Andy Katz had UD #20, Joe Lunardi #25, Dana O'Neil #22. The other 7 voters did not vote for UD and had some odd choices like UAB, UCLA, and Providence.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask.../_/show/middle