Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
Puerto Rico tourny and Chicago

Anyone know who is listed for the Puerto Rico tourny next year? What about the format is it an actual tourny or just scheduled games?

Does anyone have game times for Chicago on Thanksgiving weekend? I want to go but I am experiencing some scheduling conflicts right now.

Thanks
Advertisement
Old 10-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Major

Iguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to beholdIguomaniac is a splendid one to behold
The Puerto Rico tip-off is an actual tournament. I haven't seen a list of teams for 2009, but the 2008 field is pretty strong: http://www.puertoricotipoff.com/ .

Chicago Tournament:
vs. Auburn on 11/28, time is still TBD
vs. Marquette on 11/29 at 8:00 PM Eastern
Old 10-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think I remember reading a blurb a while back that we were scheduled for Puerto Rico in 2009.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:17 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer View Post
I think I remember reading a blurb a while back that we were scheduled for Puerto Rico in 2009.
In a related note, UD has signed a contract to participate in the 2009 Puerto Rico Classic. The dates for the event are Thursday, November 19th through Sunday November 22, 2009 and it will be held in San Juan, Puerto Rico. The tournament field and game schedule will be announced at a later date.

(bottom of http://daytonflyers.cstv.com/sports/...060508aaa.html)

Each team plays three games and this year all are televised by ESPNU

Last edited by NCkevi; 10-07-2008 at 09:22 PM..
Old 10-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Academy Doolie

XUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these parts
Xavier is playing in this years PR Tip-Off so I know a little bit about the format and what not. The field for this years tourney is: Xavier, Memphis, USC, Va Tech, Seton Hall, Missouri, Fairfield, and Chattanooga. You get to play three games for the price of one schedule spot. Also the event is exclusively covered on ESPN networks, ESPNU/2, etc. And yes it is an actual tourney.

As for the Chicago Tourney, Xavier won it last season. Our first game was against Kent State and was aired via FSN Ohio. We played Indiana in the championship game and that game was aired on the Big Ten Network. ESPN does not cover this tournament, but I would imagine maybe CBS CSTV would cover one or both.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Colonel

BallgameJohnny is infamous around these parts
I am planning on attending both of these. Told the wife that could be our major trip for 2009 and she was in for it.

XUFan02 are you going to the event? I am looking for heads up on where to fly, etc?

TIA
Old 10-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Academy Doolie

XUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by BallgameJohnny View Post
I am planning on attending both of these. Told the wife that could be our major trip for 2009 and she was in for it.

XUFan02 are you going to the event? I am looking for heads up on where to fly, etc?

TIA
I had planned on going to the PR Tip-Off, but I'm starting a new job on November 3rd and I do not think it is a good idea to take more two days off the first month. Especially since I'm taking the Friday off of my first week to go to Xavier's Alumni weekend and to watch the Muskies torch Findlay.

I had looked at flights out of Cincy to and they ran about $850-925. If you are going with a group of your buddies the flight is the most expensive thing, rooms, and tickets are cheap and easy to come by.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:49 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by XUFAN02 View Post
I had planned on going to the PR Tip-Off, but I'm starting a new job on November 3rd and I do not think it is a good idea to take more two days off the first month. Especially since I'm taking the Friday off of my first week to go to Xavier's Alumni weekend and to watch the Muskies torch Findlay.

I had looked at flights out of Cincy to and they ran about $850-925. If you are going with a group of your buddies the flight is the most expensive thing, rooms, and tickets are cheap and easy to come by.
Dang thats more then I was thinking, but Cincy is the most expensive airport in the country. Where is tourney at San Juan? I will have to start looking. Maybe I can charter a boat out of Miami to take us?? lol
Old 10-08-2008, 09:59 AM
Academy Doolie

Originally Posted by BallgameJohnny View Post
Dang thats more then I was thinking, but Cincy is the most expensive airport in the country. Where is tourney at San Juan? I will have to start looking. Maybe I can charter a boat out of Miami to take us?? lol
The arena is located in the financial district of San Juan. I have a buddy who is going and he is flying out of Atlanta for $300, so you might want to check for cheap flights out of Dayton or the Nati to Atlanta.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 AM
Colonel

Cool thanks for the info.