Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Major

Go-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to beholdGo-UD-Go is a splendid one to behold
Dayton Invitational

Did something happen so that there were only three teams at our invitational?

I attended the last two games and had fun. It would have been nice to have three more matches, like a normal tourney.
Advertisement
Old 09-07-2017, 09:32 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
It took some time this year to finalize the schedule. UD posted partial matches along the way and there were a couple changes along the way. Our best guess was a quality fourth team on that weekend couldn't be found. It's not normally how UD schedules non-con weekends. Even without a fourth team, it was a very good group of teams and matches.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:26 PM
1st Lieutenant

UDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really nice
Agreed the teams were solid. I think they could have saved some money, though, and just had the teams play Saturday and head for home. No need for Pitt to stay the whole weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-08-2017, 10:03 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,358 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDVBFan View Post
Agreed the teams were solid. I think they could have saved some money, though, and just had the teams play Saturday and head for home. No need for Pitt to stay the whole weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device
Funny how two people look at things differently. I thought just the opposite. I thought they set it up great and the most efficiently possible. Teams travel in the day before they play. Iowa State would have come in Thursday and played Dayton Friday night and Pitt on Saturday and probably left.

Pitts probably came in Friday. Watched the ISU/UD match. Played Iowa State on Saturday and Dayton on Sunday and left for the easy trip back to Pittsburgh.

If this is how they traveled, both visiting teams spent 2 nights on the road. And I know there are some coaches who prefer to play only one match a day. Not usually possible in preconference play, but some coaches push to set it up that way when possible.