UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2016 Match Threads

2016 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-26-2016, 10:21 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,391 Times in 2,478 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Toledo Match

It all starts at 4 pm today. Hopefully some local fans will travel across town to support the team. Would love to see more UD fans than others at this tournament. 4 pm might be tough but Saturday's two matches are opportunities for. Fans and student support.

Good Luck ladies. Let's get it started strong
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-26-2016), rollo (08-26-2016)
Advertisement
Old 08-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
Apperantly I can't watch ESPN3. I guess I will have to rely on livestats and the great people of Udpride. Go Flyers!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2016, 04:04 PM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
I will have to settle for RI vs Pepp Could be worse
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-26-2016, 04:33 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
UD wins set 1 25-21. Little sloppy but its the first game. had great 6 point lead but UT tied it at 18-18.

Ready for game 2, hopefully work out some of the wrinkles.

UT out hit 242 - 195
Old 08-26-2016, 04:34 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
UD wins first set 25-21. We gave Toledo 8 of their first 10 points on our errors but we never trailed in this set. Then we let them outplay us for a lot of the match. We only had 1 block. They had more 2 or 3. They out-hit us .154 to .233
Old 08-26-2016, 04:55 PM
General of the Air Force

Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Sloan 25 UT 10. Well it seems that way. Dayton dominated from 11-7 on.

UD 25-10 2nd set.

Leads match 2-0.
Old 08-26-2016, 05:00 PM

Dayton wins set 2 25-10. After committing 9 errors and 1 overpass that was basically an error in the first set, I only have 2 errors in the second set. We cleaned up a lot of mistakes and Jess went on a 10-11 point service run to put this set away. She had our 2nd error at the send of that run putting the serve into the net. Bleed her heart after that any serves something had to give.

Other than Bri, only freshman to play is Jordan came into serve at the about 23 point mark for UD. TH went with the vets. It surprised me a little but if it's close in the competition in camp you have to give the nod to the veteran player. It's theirs to lose and you have to make the freshman earn it. I expect we will see some more freshmen either in the 3rd set or tomorrow against SIUE. Kendyll Brown has impressed me so far.
I do feel we are running a little slow but jury is still out on that. ESPN3 announcer is very good
Old 08-26-2016, 05:29 PM
General of the Air Force

Sweep 3-0 but last set little too close for comfort good guys 27-25.

Not the best performance but first game out of the way with a "W".
Old 08-26-2016, 05:33 PM

UD wins 3rd 25-27. Jane set last 7-8 points. Freshman Jamie Peyerson came in and scored off her first swing as a Flyer putting us up 20-19. She swung from the left OH but came in as a RS. I saw Bri also swing from the left side. Ad Lauren Bruns from the right even tho she plays left. I did not see Jess swing from the right but she has in the past and I might have missed it. It's always good when your pin players can swing from both sides.

We went with 2 DSs. Maggie and Laura H. In tougher matches we might run out of subs doing that so we will see.

Overall about what I expected but a lot still to be determined.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (08-27-2016), UDBrian (08-26-2016)
Old 08-26-2016, 05:39 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I think it is a perfect start to the season even though they were far from perfect. I was watching from a laptop screen. i plan on going to the morning match tomorrow.

They played against a team good enough to make them pay for mistakes which is important. From my computer view it looked like UT returned serve well against some good serves at times. There were times when they didn't receive serve very well such as Jessica's big run.

I agree on the espn announcer being very good. Enjoyed watching it

Last edited by UDBrian; 08-26-2016 at 06:45 PM..
Old 08-26-2016, 08:03 PM

Not that any of you guys on here care about this, but I've got to give a shoutout to Assistant Coach Audrey Ludwig. Love, love, love the outfit. Fabulous dress and fabulous shoes. Loved it all girlfriend!