Article Tools Display Modes
Short & Sweet
Short & Sweet
Jim Meadows
Published by Swampy Meadows
12-19-2007
Smile Short & Sweet

BEVERLY HILLS (MI) – Coupla of random thoughts before the holidays:

-- I had every intention of attending the Renaissance/Henry Ford game on Tuesday, but something came up at the last minute and I couldn’t make it. Our guy Paul Williams went for 31 in the 64-62 loss. Here is a report on the game from the Detroit News:

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs...712190436/1049

-- It was definitely another episode of “Short Attention Span Television” on Wednesday night, as the Flyers took on the American Eagles on the web (thank you, CSTV) at the same time that the Pistons took on the Celtics on ESPN. As is the case when the Steelers played the Pats 2 weeks ago, this is the only time I’m not a Pistons’ fan –- when my adopted team faces my hometown squad. The Celtics are playing out of their minds and not only that, they are fun to watch! And yes, I had the volume on the Celts' game turned down so I could absorb the dulcet tones of Larry & Bucky.

-- The Flyers did their part, eking out a less-than-pretty, workmanlike V over the Iggles, but Rajon Rondo and Tony Allen got schooled by “Mr. Big Shot” in the 4th quarter, sending the Green to only their 3rd loss of the season.

-- 16 for 30 from the FT line, a robust 53.3%. Ugghhh. There is no other way to put it: that is unacceptable if this Flyer program is going to fulfill its big-time aspirations.

-- BG always talks about how BRob is the most efficient player in the country, but how about Thiago? 11 points in only 13 minutes is playing time well spent, wouldn’t you say?

-- And how ‘bout those refs, eh? Let’s see if we can get that crew for the Pitt game, shall we? I keed, I keed.

-- The Elder Swampette pointed out this link to a BRob video on the DaytonFlyers.com website that’s buried on the navigation bar on the right:

http://mpg.udayton.edu/clients/athle...berts_ipod.mp4

Now, if she can just show me how to get the ****ed thing to play, I’ll be all set!

-- Karma can be a ***** sometimes, can’t it? The other day on my way to work, traffic was backed up on 13 Mile Road, where it narrows down from 2 lanes to 1 (just past my favorite playground hoops haunt at Groves HS). Sure enuf, some yahoo in a pick ‘em up truck comes speeding up in the left hand lane and cuts right in front of me. As traffic continues to crawl, I can see “Mr. I’m in a Big-Ass Hurry” in front of me is chomping at the bit. He decides to try and cut thru a subdivision by turning left, conveniently ignoring the big yellow “No Outlet” sign prominently displayed at the entrance to the sub. I immediately started chuckling and then LOLed when he came slinking back out of the dead end street. Nice move, Ace…serves ya right.

-- My favorite “Karma Equalizer” moment is when the idiot who blows by you going 100 MPH on the interstate is spotted a few miles down the road, pulled over by the gendarmes. I always make it a point to honk my horn and stick my arm out the window and wave as I pass by.

-- What are your plans for the holidays? La Famille Swampy is headed to Erie, PA to my in-laws early on Saturday and we head back home on the 24th so that we can awaken Christmas morning in our own beds. On the 26th, the Swampettes head off to Japan for a 10 day stay with 2 of Cristen’s friends (it’s their early graduation present). Somebody used up all of his vacation time, so Mrs. Swampy and I are staying put, except for my one-day road trip to the Gem City for the Pitt game.

That’s it “From the Swamp.”

You can email me at: swampy@udpride.com
Article Tools
Comment

Article Tools