User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-16-2016, 09:56 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlightClub.33.32.15.1 View Post
Do we have 1 or 2 scholly's left?

If we have 2, I know it's unlikely that we get two of the remaining wing players, but it is a possibility. Also, I feel like Arch prefers to hold one for potential transfers. But Morsell and Gaines/Williams would be cool.

I was thinking we only had one, but can't remember if Wherli was on scholarship last year or not.
We 2 more but I will be really, really surprised if we use both... Arch loves to save 1

One more guard/wing and move onto 2018.
Advertisement
Old 09-16-2016, 10:19 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Next year's scholarships:

Senior: Davis
Junior: miller, Crosby, Mikesell, Williams, Cunningham
Sophomore: Kostas, Landers
Freshman: Pierce, Davis, Wright

Leaves two spots

Last edited by sheg; 09-16-2016 at 03:21 PM..
Old 09-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Colonel

Thanked 1,145 Times in 598 Posts
bcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond reputebcross has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
We 2 more but I will be really, really surprised if we use both... Arch loves to save 1

One more guard/wing and move onto 2018.
He won't use a scholarship just to use it. But, if he can get two players he wants, he'll give out both. We over-signed just two years ago, so I think the whole loves to save a scholarship gets overplayed.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:32 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
I do think the current class mix increases the likelihood of saving one. My guess is all things being equal they would prefer two for next year. But class mix is also less of an issue with the number of transfers. And they may have someone who wants to sign who is too good to pass up.
Old 09-16-2016, 10:39 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by sheg View Post
Next year's scholarships:

Senior: Davis
Junior: miller, Crosby, Mikesell, Williams
Sophomore: Kostas, Landers, Cunningham
Freshman: Pierce, Davis, Wright

Leaves two spots
Won't Cunningham be a Junior next year?
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 10:56 AM
General

Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,123 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
Cunningham will be a junior next season, and yes there are currently 2 open scholarships.

Odds are, at least one kid will transfer out of the program b/w now and the start of next summer, don't know who, its just the way of college basketball at the moment. If Archie sees 2 kids he likes with good potential, you sign them both and worry about the rest later.

As I see it,

Next season UD will have, assuming everyone comes back:
The bigger of the 2 jordan's, Cunningham, Kostas, Williams and Miller for the 5 spot, low post 4 and face up 4.

On the true wing they'll have Davis, Mikesell & Landers.
At the combo gaurd spot they'll have The other Jordan
At the Point Gaurd they'll have Crosby and Wright.

That kind of make up tells me they could use a kid or two that can play the 2 or the 3 in college. If 2 want to sign up, buy into the true team philosophy (hopefully that's back after taking off the 2nd half of last season), then sign up 2 kids that are willing to commit to UD. There are no guarantees that a decent transfer is interested in UD, there are no guarantees that somebody doesn't leave the team at the end of the season from the above list. 2 birds in hand are better than 1 down the road in the bush as long as the first 2 birds fill the coach's needs.
Old 09-16-2016, 11:07 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,556 Times in 3,701 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
I believe Archie will use both scholarships as well if the right guys want to commit to the Flyers.

Didn't I read that overall the 2017 class is one of the better classes nationwide talent wise, and that 2018 is one of the weaker classes. Take the good 'ballers when you can!
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-16-2016)
Old 09-16-2016, 01:51 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I believe Archie will use both scholarships as well if the right guys want to commit to the Flyers.

Didn't I read that overall the 2017 class is one of the better classes nationwide talent wise, and that 2018 is one of the weaker classes. Take the good 'ballers when you can!
I agree! In this case, two in the hand is better than one that may or may not materialize.

Get as many players as you can (in this case wings) that are willing to buy into Archie's True Team concept!
Old 09-16-2016, 02:06 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlightClub.33.32.15.1 View Post
Do we have 1 or 2 scholly's left?

If we have 2, I know it's unlikely that we get two of the remaining wing players, but it is a possibility. Also, I feel like Arch prefers to hold one for potential transfers. But Morsell and Gaines/Williams would be cool.

I was thinking we only had one, but can't remember if Wherli was on scholarship last year or not.
Two left
Old 09-16-2016, 02:06 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think class balance is something Arch doesn't worry too much about, and has shown that. He has identified all forms of acquiring talent and mix & matches. If many other coaches were faced with the 2017/18 rebuild I would be concerned. He has tapped graduates, transfers, multiple Frosh, and hasn't blinked.
Old 09-16-2016, 02:07 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Here is my completely uneducated guess but trying to use some logic:

1) I think AM is looking to get either Gaines or Williams as a 2. First one to commit gets the prize

2) AM takes either Mobely or Morsel. He would like to have another 4 but is willing to take Morsel because he would be the top recruit (on paper).

3) if neither Gaines nor Williams commits he'll take the 2 later recruits but won't take Gaines and Williams.

4) Given he gets one of the two early recruits, if neither of the final 2 commits, he'll hold a scholarship.
Old 09-16-2016, 03:22 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Won't Cunningham be a Junior next year?
Thank you Texas for the catch. Edited. He played one year at Bradley and is a soph this year.
Old 09-16-2016, 06:03 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
If you watch the you tube videos of both Anthony Gaines and Keith Williams they are both outstanding talents. We can't miss with either one as they can both play at a high level.
They like to play above the rim and dunk every chance that the opportunity presents itself.

I know that mixtapes just show the best of the best highlights but there are videos of the Nike Peach Jam etc. that show both players raining three's and generally dunking over anybody and everybody!

Darryl Morsell would be a great get but the above two wings are good as well.
I did exactly that, I watched videos of Anthony and Keith. Both of them have very good handles, great releases and athleticism. I think that Keith might have few more moves than Anthony at this point but I would be happy with either of them!

I also enjoyed the highlights of many good defensive plays by Keith
Old 09-18-2016, 09:40 AM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Reminder Anthony Gaines starts his 3-Day OV today... Students if you see him on campus show him love
Old 09-18-2016, 04:59 PM
Colonel

CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
The last Anthony to play for the Flyers was a pretty great player. Anthony Grant turned out to represent the University of Dayton very well and I, for one, think he turned into a pretty fair coach as well before being succeeded at Alabama by Avery Johnson.

Good luck to him as he is currently an assistant coach for the Oklahoma City Thunder of the NBA.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Just off the Jet

Oke88 is on a distinguished road
The last Anthony to play for the Flyers was a pretty great player. Anthony Grant turned out to represent the University of Dayton very well and I, for one, think he turned into a pretty fair coach as well before being succeeded at Alabama by Avery Johnson.

Good luck to him as he is currently an assistant coach for the Oklahoma City Thunder of the NBA.
Grant was a great player and really nice person to boot as I met him at UD. We had another good player named Anthony a little after him in Anthony Corbitt.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Oke88 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (09-18-2016), AC91 (09-19-2016)
Old 09-18-2016, 07:59 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
According to ESPN

Reminder Anthony Gaines starts his 3-Day OV today... Students if you see him on campus show him love

". . . Other visits to keep an eye on • Anthony Gaines (Butler) . . ."

Old 09-19-2016, 11:34 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Sterling Manley update: He visited West Virginia on 09/02 but he did not commit and it has been several weeks, now. Strangely enough, now on 09/12, he has an offer from Creighton. I think this 6'10" guy is still in play. He was on Dayton's list earlier. Any news from those in the know? All of Dayton 's scheduled visits are not with post players.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-19-2016, 11:46 AM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
On Morsell's ND visit this past weekend:

While most of the focus the past several days zeroed in on the Notre Dame-Michigan State football game and the subsequent recruiting, it was also a big weekend on hand for the men’s basketball program.

One of the top targets on the board in the 2017 class took an official visit to South Bend: Baltimore Mount St. Joseph Rivals100 shooting guard Darryl Morsell.

“It was great,” Morsell said of his time at Notre Dame. “I’ve never really been down there so I got to see the whole campus, spend some time with the guys, spend some good time with the coaching staff.

“I’ve never been on an official visit, so I didn’t know what to expect. I had nothing to compare to. It went very well.”

One of the highlights for Morsell was being able to play pickup with the current team and former Irish stars like Jerian Grant and Demetrius Jackson. Morsell sees the experience as a major benefit when he selects a school.

“You can get a feel of who’s going to be there and how they play,” Morsell said. “I was able to get a feel for the guys that will be there if I go there like their strengths, their weaknesses and how I would fit in.

“Demetrius and Jerian were both on my team and those are guys Coach Brey often compares me to. It was nice to talk to them and pick their brains to see what I need to do to make it to the next level.”

The 6-foot-3, 180-pound Morsell likes the group of players currently on the team.

“They have a lot of shooters and they have good, young big men,” Morsell said. “They should be pretty good.”

Notre Dame ensured Morsell felt he was a top target on the board for Mike Brey and the staff.

“Everything was always Coach Brey,” Morsell said of what coach he spent the most time with. “Every morning there was breakfast with Coach Brey and maybe an assistant. Everything was always with Coach Brey. That makes me feel like I am important to them.”

The staff weren’t the only ones pitching the Notre Dame program to the four-star. Morsell said basically the whole team made their pitch.

Morsell was accompanied by his parents on the trip.

“They liked it as well,” Morsell said. “They got to talk to some of the administrative people and get their questions answered. They loved the football. They had a good time.”

Up next for Morsell is a trip to Villanova this weekend followed up by a trip to Maryland the following weekend. He also has an official scheduled to Dayton on Oct. 22. He is unsure if he will use his fifth and final official.
Old 09-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I feel like John Beilein has replaced Bob Huggins as enemy number one on the recruiting trail. He just seems to be always lurking, swooping in very late on Dayton targets (See Caris Levert and Aubrey Dawkins). He's at it again.

http://www.umhoops.com/2016/09/19/no...nthony-gaines/
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 02:40 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bhflyer5 View Post
On Morsell's ND visit this past weekend:

Up next for Morsell is a trip to Villanova this weekend followed up by a trip to Maryland the following weekend. He also has an official scheduled to Dayton on Oct. 22. He is unsure if he will use his fifth and final official.
Here is where I get a little concerned about Morsell. He's got 3 visits 3 weekends in a row. Then it's 3 more weeks before he makes his Dayton visit. Our visit just seems out of place on the timeline. Maybe he had a couple of weddings to attend in early October. But I just wish we were on the board right after Maryland instead of 3 weeks later.
Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 03:23 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by redbengal View Post
Here is where I get a little concerned about Morsell. He's got 3 visits 3 weekends in a row. Then it's 3 more weeks before he makes his Dayton visit. Our visit just seems out of place on the timeline. Maybe he had a couple of weddings to attend in early October. But I just wish we were on the board right after Maryland instead of 3 weeks later.
The coaching staff typically uses the Red and Blue game as a big recruiting weekend. Normally there is a lot things to do on campus that weekend, and there also always seems to be big home sporting events that weekend as well.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:58 PM
Captain

FlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to allFlightClub.33.32.15.1 is a name known to all
If he doesn't commit before the Dayton visit that could also be a really good thing though. He would have more of the recency bias for Dayton than he would for any of these other schools. Granted, he would have to make it to his official visit with Dayton first.
Old 09-19-2016, 04:43 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

flyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to beholdflyerfever is a splendid one to behold
question

Have we been on him longer than the other schools?
Old 09-19-2016, 05:49 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by flyerfever View Post
Have we been on him longer than the other schools?
We were his 1st Big offer back in April
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 09:52 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
Anthony Gaines . . . there has never, ever been a Flyer from the Hudson Valley - my area of New York State (near where the Marianists had a facility in Beacon, Digger's hometown). He's from Kingston, a nice little river city halfway between Albany and Manhattan. For old Flyer fans on the board (are there any?) the late, great Jim Palmer (not the Baltimore Oriole), but the Flyer and NY Knick from the 50s lived up in that region and became quite a patron of the arts, a real renaissance man.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to moville For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-19-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-19-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 10:20 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by moville View Post
Anthony Gaines . . . there has never, ever been a Flyer from the Hudson Valley - my area of New York State (near where the Marianists had a facility in Beacon, Digger's hometown). He's from Kingston, a nice little river city halfway between Albany and Manhattan. For old Flyer fans on the board (are there any?) the late, great Jim Palmer (not the Baltimore Oriole), but the Flyer and NY Knick from the 50s lived up in that region and became quite a patron of the arts, a real renaissance man.
"Old Flyers fans"? Does 75+ qualify?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (09-19-2016), moville (09-20-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 10:55 PM
Captain

axehandle is just really niceaxehandle is just really niceaxehandle is just really niceaxehandle is just really niceaxehandle is just really nice
Haven'e reached the seventies quite yet.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:30 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by axehandle View Post
Haven'e reached the seventies quite yet.
I'm still stuck in the 60's myself - Woodstock, Psychedelic Shack, Ball of Confusion...
Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-26-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 10:36 AM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
4* forward Tyler Polley committed to Uconn. He had us listed in his final 5.
Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (09-21-2016)
Old 09-21-2016, 02:16 PM
Colonel

4* small forward, 6'5" 185 lbs, D.J. Harvey from Dematha Catholic, who plays more like a 2guard, gave Notre Dame a verbal yesterday which may or may not influence Darryl Morsell.

Notre Dame is already loaded with shooting guards and 6'6" Steve Vasturia is the lone senior. I like our chances if he waits till after Oct. 22nd to make a decision.

Last edited by CvilleFlyer; 09-21-2016 at 02:21 PM..
Old 09-21-2016, 02:50 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,324 Times in 443 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
What the heck... Gaines finished his official visit and didn't commit?
Old 09-21-2016, 02:54 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
What the heck... Gaines finished his official visit and didn't commit?
Unacceptable... Fire Archie lol

I do believe we are trailing at the moment but we'll see
Old 09-21-2016, 03:24 PM
Colonel

Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
He better decide before 10/1 (when Keith Williams visits)
Old 09-22-2016, 12:03 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
[QUOTE=Buckleyma;465083]Sterling Manley update: He visited West Virginia on 09/02 but he did not commit and it has been several weeks, now. Strangely enough, now on 09/12, he has an offer from Creighton. I think this 6'10" guy is still in play. He was on Dayton's list earlier. Any news from those in the know? All of Dayton 's scheduled visits are not with post players.

On 09/20, North Carolina visits then on 09/21 - gets offers from Tennessee and Missouri.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-22-2016, 09:43 AM
Captain

224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute224 has a reputation beyond repute
Unacceptable... Fire Archie lol

I do believe we are trailing at the moment but we'll see
He is doing his 3 OV basically back to back to back in a 10 day stretch. He was at Butler before us, and is off to Northwestern this weekend. I would think he'd make a decision in a week or so after he's toured the 3.
Old 09-25-2016, 10:18 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by The Fly View Post
Sean Mobley, 6-9 forward, supposedly had a visit scheduled. Don't know if he did or if it's down the road. Stiff P5 (and VCU) competition for him, though.
Mobley was supposed to visit the Flyers in a couple weeks but committed to VCU tonight after his visit there.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-26-2016, 12:29 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Glen Clark View Post
". . . Other visits to keep an eye on • Anthony Gaines (Butler) . . ."
[/I]
Butler got a commitment on Thursday from prime SG target Christian David. That's their 2nd SG commitment for the 2017 class and effectively removes them as a competitor for Gaines. From the article:
"David joins Cooper Neese, Jerald Butler, and Kyle Young in a Butler 2017 recruiting class that is projected to finish in the top 25 nationally. The full remaining focus will now be shifted to point guard Wabissa Bede, the top and final remaining target for the Dawgs."

http://butlerhoops.com/blog/christia...-is-a-bulldog/
Old 09-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Major General

m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Mobley was supposed to visit the Flyers in a couple weeks but committed to VCU tonight after his visit there.
Posted via Mobile Device
I know I did not have the debate with you, but this is why you do not want to be the last school a kid visits. We never got the chance to get him on campus to be a Flyer.
Old 09-26-2016, 01:14 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I know I did not have the debate with you, but this is why you do not want to be the last school a kid visits. We never got the chance to get him on campus to be a Flyer.
Sure. I agree. In the case of Morsell, we are his last official, but he took an unofficial visit this summer so at least he has already been on campus.

I think we are looking for one more wing player. If we can get an excellent 4-man, that would be great, but we have our center of the future on the way in Price, and we are set at the 4 for a couple years with Cunningham. Someone as good as Mobley, you'd take any year, though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-26-2016, 05:22 PM
General of the Air Force

UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I'm thinking williams is too good to pass up if he wants to commit, his video showed big time offensive and defensive highlights. Does anyone agree or disagree.
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
PalmBeachFlyer (09-26-2016)
Old 09-26-2016, 06:23 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
I'm thinking williams is too good to pass up if he wants to commit, his video showed big time offensive and defensive highlights. Does anyone agree or disagree.
The only way I would tell him hold off is if I know for a fact that we have a legit chance at Darryl Morsell and he is a 100% Lock to visit for the Red & Blue Game.... Other than that, take him in a heartbeat.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
224 (09-27-2016), Atlantic 10 (09-27-2016), FLYER5 (09-26-2016), m21eagle45 (09-26-2016), UDBrian (09-27-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 03:44 PM
General of the Air Force

Anthony Gaines ‎@AnthonyGaines9

Excited to announce my commitment to Northwestern class of 2017���� @krossovertv

Oh well... Next...
Old 09-27-2016, 03:59 PM
General of the Air Force

I would have been happy with Gaines but I liked William's video better than Gaines' Williams showed a lot of offensive moves and also looks like he enjoys playing defense
Old 09-27-2016, 06:16 PM

Thanked 6,616 Times in 3,023 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute

Excited to announce my commitment to Northwestern class of 2017���� @krossovertv

Oh well... Next...
I guess he doesn't care if he goes to the NCAA Tournament.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (09-27-2016), UDFLIES (09-29-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 06:31 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well... Next...
Hopefully, UD will make him question his decision on December 17th!
Old 09-27-2016, 06:34 PM
Captain

I would have been happy with Gaines but I liked William's video better than Gaines' Williams showed a lot of offensive moves and also looks like he enjoys playing defense
Darryl Morsell. That's who we want. If we had gotten Gaines, we likely wouldn't have a chance at DM. Roll the dice and wait for Oct 22!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (09-28-2016), FLYER5 (09-28-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 08:52 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by 224 View Post
Darryl Morsell. That's who we want. If we had gotten Gaines, we likely wouldn't have a chance at DM. Roll the dice and wait for Oct 22!
Interesting question. If he'd committed to Dayton and we lost Morsell as a result, would that have been a case of "ill-gotten Gaines"?

On a serious note, do we try to keep Williams on the back burner until the 22nd or do we encourage him to commit provided that's what he wants to do after the visit? Does anyone know what other official visits he may have lined up to take still? On the one hand, it's easy to say that we have room for both players. On the other, just like with Gaines, if Williams commits it would seem to make it real difficult to convince Morsell to come too. I guess if Morsell commits elsewhere before getting here for his visit then we should expect (hope for) an announcement within minutes about Williams deciding on the red & blue.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (09-28-2016), Jeff (09-28-2016)
Old 09-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Captain

oRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant future
Interesting question. If he'd committed to Dayton and we lost Morsell as a result, would that have been a case of "ill-gotten Gaines"?

On a serious note, do we try to keep Williams on the back burner until the 22nd or do we encourage him to commit provided that's what he wants to do after the visit? Does anyone know what other official visits he may have lined up to take still? On the one hand, it's easy to say that we have room for both players. On the other, just like with Gaines, if Williams commits it would seem to make it real difficult to convince Morsell to come too. I guess if Morsell commits elsewhere before getting here for his visit then we should expect (hope for) an announcement within minutes about Williams deciding on the red & blue.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-27-2016, 10:40 PM
Captain

oRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant future
Please, don't post such nonsense! Keith Williams is a stud!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-28-2016, 10:44 AM
Colonel

This is an interesting conundrum... you have 3 potential kids in play for a scholarship (or 2), and they arrive at different times on campus over a month's time.

The kid's schedule their visits... so how does the coaching staff handle them when, let's say, with their top priority is the last visit of the three?

It seems based on comments here that Morsell would be #1, Williams is #2, and Gaines was #3.

So your top priority is the last visit, and the #2 priority is the second visit... how does the coaching staff handle it?

Can they actually tell a recruit they offered a scholarship to (like Gaines) they want to wait on the other visits before he could commit to them?

It would seem odd for the staff to think that the higher priority guys would still commit on there visits (if Gaines had actually commited to us first).
Old 09-28-2016, 11:05 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by Runnin' Rebel View Post
This is an interesting conundrum... you have 3 potential kids in play for a scholarship (or 2), and they arrive at different times on campus over a month's time.

The kid's schedule their visits... so how does the coaching staff handle them when, let's say, with their top priority is the last visit of the three?

It seems based on comments here that Morsell would be #1, Williams is #2, and Gaines was #3.

So your top priority is the last visit, and the #2 priority is the second visit... how does the coaching staff handle it?

Can they actually tell a recruit they offered a scholarship to (like Gaines) they want to wait on the other visits before he could commit to them?

It would seem odd for the staff to think that the higher priority guys would still commit on there visits (if Gaines had actually commited to us first).
Yes, this happens all the time in recruiting. They obviously are not so blunt about it, but this is definitely a common thing that happens.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (09-28-2016)
Old 09-28-2016, 11:16 AM
General of the Air Force

I have only seen a highlight video but I think Williams is too good to pass up.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:52 PM
2nd Lieutenant

do54 is a splendid one to beholddo54 is a splendid one to beholddo54 is a splendid one to beholddo54 is a splendid one to beholddo54 is a splendid one to beholddo54 is a splendid one to beholddo54 is a splendid one to behold
All of the major web sites had Gaines going to Northwestern, so no surprise there. Williams is said to be going to UC. He would be a great addition to UD and they would take him immediately if he wanted to commit. Morsell is said to be a lock for Maryland so I would not hold my breath there. Competition everywhere so don't think that would stop him if Williams commits. Plenty of competition at Maryland too. The floor is big enough for both of them at UD, if Archie can get them here.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:56 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by oRed View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Oklahoma State after us-- Just visited UC last weekend.
Old 09-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Colonel

[QUOTE=Buckleyma;465083]Sterling Manley update: He visited West Virginia on 09/02 but he did not commit and it has been several weeks, now. Strangely enough, now on 09/12, he has an offer from Creighton. I think this 6'10" guy is still in play. He was on Dayton's list earlier. Any news from those in the know? All of Dayton 's scheduled visits are not with post players.

Sterling Manley update: 09/26 gets offer from North Carolina
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-29-2016, 10:06 PM
General of the Air Force

Keith Williams @Williams15Keith

Unofficial Visit To Dayton Tomorrow

McKinley Wright ‏@Ballislife_025 6m6 minutes ago

enjoy bro, come join us ��������

Last edited by lhsgolf19; 09-29-2016 at 10:10 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-30-2016), Justin (09-30-2016), Runnin' Rebel (09-30-2016)
Old 09-29-2016, 10:41 PM
Colonel

247Sports says 100 percent, Keith Williams, going to Cincinnati.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-30-2016, 12:10 AM
Captain

flyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Those predictions are based on sports writers making their predictions..... One sports writer has made a prediction of UC, that's how they calculate 100% chance of signing with UC
Old 09-30-2016, 07:44 AM
Captain

Dogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant futureDogdaddy has a brilliant future
rainy, nasty weekend in Dayton. At least UC can't argue better weather.
Old 09-30-2016, 02:52 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buckleyma View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Wonder if anyone has told Keith that.
Old 09-30-2016, 03:33 PM
General of the Air Force

Why is this an unofficial visit, is he out of official visits? Isn't it a negative if he is taking an unofficial? His video is very impressive and I would be very happy to get him
Old 09-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Major General

Why is this an unofficial visit, is he out of official visits? Isn't it a negative if he is taking an unofficial? His video is very impressive and I would be very happy to get him
Taking an unofficial is actually a very positive thing. It means that the recruit wants to see UD enough that he is paying his own way. I am not certain about how many officials he has used, but he can always use one later on if he hasn't used all 5.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (10-01-2016), UDBrian (09-30-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 07:39 AM
Captain

While visitng a younger relative on campus this weekend, we saw KW, the coaching staff, and a gentleman who I would imagine to be his dad cruising through the ghetto on golf carts for a tour. Saturday was a gorgeous day, and the ghetto was bumping. I'm sure as the cart went down Loews, every kid screamed 'Archie!' at the cart as they were treated like celebrities.

Also, DM had his visit to Maryland this weekend and called it a '9/10 or maybe even 10/10.' He said his 3 visits so far were all about even, and he still plans to visit UD Oct22. IMO if it truly was a 10/10 he would've committed on the spot.
Like Ive said, get him to campus Oct22 and I like our chances.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-03-2016), jack72 (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 01:51 PM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
While visitng a younger relative on campus this weekend, we saw KW, the coaching staff, and a gentleman who I would imagine to be his dad cruising through the ghetto on golf carts for a tour. Saturday was a gorgeous day, and the ghetto was bumping. I'm sure as the cart went down Loews, every kid screamed 'Archie!' at the cart as they were treated like celebrities.

Also, DM had his visit to Maryland this weekend and called it a '9/10 or maybe even 10/10.' He said his 3 visits so far were all about even, and he still plans to visit UD Oct22. IMO if it truly was a 10/10 he would've committed on the spot.
Like Ive said, get him to campus Oct22 and I like our chances.
Surely I am not the only person who read that and wondered why Keith Waleskowski was riding on a golf cart with his dad and the coaching staff.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Al For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (10-03-2016), jack72 (10-03-2016), redbengal (10-03-2016), Townie (10-03-2016), ud2 (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 02:37 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,282 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Putting any stock in tweets fron prospective players is like believing sideline interviews at NFL games, or the "how do you feel coach" interviews after a win, have any value.
Old 10-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by Flyer Al View Post
Surely I am not the only person who read that and wondered why Keith Waleskowski was riding on a golf cart with his dad and the coaching staff.
Guilty. Old associations die hard. KW will always register as Keith Waleskowski in my mind. But I'll get in a solid habit with Keith Williams soon after he commits to the Flyers.
Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-03-2016)
Old 10-03-2016, 10:33 PM
General of the Air Force

Keith Williams ‏@Williams15Keith 2m2 minutes ago

I Will Be Announcing My College Decision Tomorrow At 6PM 🙌🏾🙌🏾

So us or Cincinnati
Old 10-04-2016, 02:41 AM
Colonel

Sterling Manley update: 10/02 announces top 4 as: West Virginia, North Carolina, Xavier and Purdue.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2016, 02:50 AM
Colonel

[QUOTE=lhsgolf19;466310]Keith Williams ‏@Williams15Keith 2m2 minutes ago

So us or Cincinnati

247sports: shows 10 offers with 2 official visits to Cincinnati (09/23) and Dayton (10/01) with Cincinnati, Dayton and Oklahoma Stste as "warm". The 247sports crystal ball is still predicting 100 percent to Cincinnati.

But, he is announcing right after his visit with Archie!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2016, 04:27 AM
1st Lieutenant

Dillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of light
[QUOTE=Buckleyma;466319]
Keith Williams ‏@Williams15Keith 2m2 minutes ago

So us or Cincinnati

247sports: shows 10 offers with 2 official visits to Cincinnati (09/23) and Dayton (10/01) with Cincinnati, Dayton and Oklahoma Stste as "warm". The 247sports crystal ball is still predicting 100 percent to Cincinnati.

Posted via Mobile Device
I am pretty confident that he will be heading to UC. There have been tweets that are pointing to him going to UC as well. When the Bearcat Journal, which is in the 247 system tweets it out, it is a soft confirmation. The guy who runs the site Usually knows what he is talking about.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:40 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Keith Williams making decision at 6pm

Keith Williams ‏@Williams15Keith
I Will Be Announcing My College Decision Tomorrow At 6PM
Old 10-04-2016, 09:58 AM

It's odd that KW would go out of his way to visit Dayton with parents in an unofficial visit, then suddenly announce that the hunt is over. Easy to rationalize both ends of the spectrum on his decision. He loves us enough to commit ahead of schedule, or he accelerated the visit to UD as a courtesy, and he is tired of the parade and is going elsewhere. And it may not even be UC.
Old 10-04-2016, 10:04 AM
General of the Air Force

Within the last hour, he just started following Cronin... Oh Well, I expect him to pick UC but we'll see
Old 10-04-2016, 10:13 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Within the last hour, he just started following Cronin... Oh Well, I expect him to pick UC but we'll see
So why would you put it out on Twitter that you are going to announce your decision at 6 PM and then start following a coach at 10 AM?

I would do something like that and then go to another school just to mess with people but I have a feeling he isn't an a$$ like me.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-04-2016), C-time (10-04-2016), ClaytonFlyerFan (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 10:41 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
So why would you put it out on Twitter that you are going to announce your decision at 6 PM and then start following a coach at 10 AM?

I would do something like that and then go to another school just to mess with people but I have a feeling he isn't an a$$ like me.
He is also following Archie and Allen Griffin, so I wouldn't look too much into that.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-05-2016), San Diego Flyer (10-04-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 11:04 AM
2nd Lieutenant

Kellernr_XU is infamous around these partsKellernr_XU is infamous around these partsKellernr_XU is infamous around these partsKellernr_XU is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
He is also following Archie and Allen Griffin, so I wouldn't look too much into that.
Looks like he's also following OkSt coach and Dayton True Team. I think he will commit to UD. If I was a player and my options were UD, OkSt or UC, then it would be between UD and OkSt. UC wouldn't even be on my radar.
Mad Props to Kellernr_XU For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-05-2016)
Old 10-04-2016, 05:08 PM
Colonel

[QUOTE=Buckleyma;466319][QUOTE=lhsgolf19;466310]Keith Williams ‏@Williams15Keith 2m2 minutes ago

So us or Cincinnati

Update: 247sports has changed its display to say, Cincinnati (warmer), Dayton (warmer) and Oklahoma State (warm). But the 247sports crystal ball still says 100 percent to Cincinnati.

Where is the announcement? It should be soon?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Colonel

If Keith Williams goes to Cincinnati, he can expect the following as exemplified by this headline, "Cincinnati basketball will turn every game into a slow, ugly slugfest and win while doing it". It sounds like they are planning on their defense slowing all games down. That is, within the limits of the time clock.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-04-2016, 06:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Greg Thompson @gregthompson27

BREAKING: Bishop Loughlin's Keith Williams announces he will attend Cincinnati #Bearcats - hear from him tonight only on @News12BK #BKsports
Old 10-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Seems like the pickings are getting slim for our 4th slot for next year. We really need Morsell, but sounds like he is a Maryland lean. Who's left?
Old 10-04-2016, 10:51 PM
Colonel

Just watched Jordan Davis highlight tape again and it is every bit as good as Keith Williams highlight tape. They are both wings and, taking into consideration that both tapes are going to show the absolute best, sometimes against inferior defenders I would say that KW chose UC because, as only their third recruit for next season, he thought he could possibly receive more playing time there as opposed to UD.

Don't know for sure but we will probably not find out the real reason Keith Williams chose UC over UD. Only he knows. What I do know is that we should not be disappointed on one recruit we didn't get, but be thankful for the fine young man in Jordan Davis that we did receive a commitment from who definitely says that he is all in on the true team.

The Flyers have been in on Darryl Morsell from the very beginning so, even though some are saying he is leaning to Maryland, only he knows for sure. When he visits UD the weekend of the Red Blue game and sees the enthusiasm of the Flyer Faithful and all the facilities including the Donoher Center I believe we should be optimistic.

As for who's left, we should know by now that Archie and his assistant's undoubtedly have a short list of quality players that we are not even aware of!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-05-2016), Dillomernda (10-05-2016), San Diego Flyer (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 07:31 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Full court press on Morsell and close the deal. Flyer Faithful and Red Scare get to be part of this one by showing up for the Red-Blue scrimmage and showing how crazy exciting it is to play for UD. Morsell is the last piece we need to add to the 3 committed recruits plus the Greek for this awesome class. Go Flyers!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
224 (10-05-2016), Runnin' Rebel (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 08:22 AM
Captain

Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
Full court press on Morsell and close the deal. Flyer Faithful and Red Scare get to be part of this one by showing up for the Red-Blue scrimmage and showing how crazy exciting it is to play for UD. Morsell is the last piece we need to add to the 3 committed recruits plus the Greek for this awesome class. Go Flyers!
In DM own words, 'Dayton putting a mob together!' Lets hope he joins it.

Alot can happen, but if he were to commit, on paper, that's a well rounded class. As all seniors you could run PG Wright, SG Morsell, SG/SF Price, F AK and F/C Pierce. You'd have size, athletiscism, length, scorers...like I said alot can happen but, wow.
Mad Props to 224 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-06-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 09:21 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Just watched Jordan Davis highlight tape again and it is every bit as good as Keith Williams highlight tape. They are both wings and, taking into consideration that both tapes are going to show the absolute best, sometimes against inferior defenders I would say that KW chose UC because, as only their third recruit for next season, he thought he could possibly receive more playing time there as opposed to UD.

Don't know for sure but we will probably not find out the real reason Keith Williams chose UC over UD. Only he knows. What I do know is that we should not be disappointed on one recruit we didn't get, but be thankful for the fine young man in Jordan Davis that we did receive a commitment from who definitely says that he is all in on the true team.

The Flyers have been in on Darryl Morsell from the very beginning so, even though some are saying he is leaning to Maryland, only he knows for sure. When he visits UD the weekend of the Red Blue game and sees the enthusiasm of the Flyer Faithful and all the facilities including the Donoher Center I believe we should be optimistic.

As for who's left, we should know by now that Archie and his assistant's undoubtedly have a short list of quality players that we are not even aware of!
This will be his 2nd time here if he keeps his Oct date
Old 10-05-2016, 10:14 AM

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
different type of players between Davis and Williams. Davis is a shooter and Williams is a slasher. Both good players in high school. How hard do they want to work?
Old 10-05-2016, 10:35 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer having a mix of shooters and slashers. We've seen what can happen if you have all slashers. They better ultra slashers ala Memphis under Calipari without shooters to spread the defense. A number of our perimeter players on the roster ahead of the current group seem to be more slashers, so adding a pure shooter is preferable to me. So, Davis over Williams - not to say would not want both - but landed the preferred.

I think you can get by easier with all shooters with a lot of motion and ball movement.
Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDBrian (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 12:38 PM
1st Lieutenant

Just saying-- DM just liked my tweet to him about 5 min ago...

JUICE 🎒 liked your Tweet
5m: Ptntl Lineup: J.Davis, J.Pierce, M.Wright, K.Antetokounmpo, D.Morsell. Can you say final 4? @410D_ #jointhemob #trueteam #flyernation
12 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to bhflyer5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-05-2016), CvilleFlyer (10-05-2016), Dogdaddy (10-05-2016), Fairborn Fan (10-05-2016), Flyer14 (10-06-2016), FLYER5 (10-05-2016), Jack D (10-05-2016), lhsgolf19 (10-05-2016), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-05-2016), San Diego Flyer (10-05-2016), superfan99 (10-05-2016), UDBrian (10-05-2016)
Old 10-05-2016, 06:22 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
I prefer having a mix of shooters and slashers. We've seen what can happen if you have all slashers. They better ultra slashers ala Memphis under Calipari without shooters to spread the defense. A number of our perimeter players on the roster ahead of the current group seem to be more slashers, so adding a pure shooter is preferable to me. So, Davis over Williams - not to say would not want both - but landed the preferred.

I think you can get by easier with all shooters with a lot of motion and ball movement.
I agree! Jordan Davis is a great shooter! It was raining threes in his highlight tape as opposed to slashing to the basket. When he penetrates he is always looking for a teammate who has a more open shot and always makes the good pass.

Hope everything works out and DM decides to join the mob. He is a shooter and a slasher who absolutely blew up this past summer!
Old 10-05-2016, 06:27 PM
General of the Air Force

The natural tendency is to want every player with a good video and williams has one. But, Jordan Davis should be a really good player in Archie's system and I wouldn't take williams if it meant that Davis might go elsewhere. Add Morsell and this will be a great class but right now it is really good and with potential to do major damage in the ncaa tournament
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 09:28 AM

Add Trey Landers to that mix for 3 years as well. wow.
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 10:19 AM
Colonel

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CuB7IrKXYAQ8S1K.jpg

Speaking of Trey Landers... he tweeted out this photo with "trust the process" !!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Runnin' Rebel For This Totally Excellent Post:
John C. (10-06-2016), mikeymo85 (10-07-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 10:22 AM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
In DM own words, 'Dayton putting a mob together!' Lets hope he joins it.

Alot can happen, but if he were to commit, on paper, that's a well rounded class. As all seniors you could run PG Wright, SG Morsell, SG/SF Price, F AK and F/C Pierce. You'd have size, athletiscism, length, scorers...like I said alot can happen but, wow.
Someone needs to make this a sign for the red-blue game and make sure DM sees it.

2018 MOB
PG Wright
SG Morsell
SG/SF Davis
F AK
F/C Pierce
WOW!

Plenty of "JOIN THE MOB" signs would help too.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 10-06-2016 at 03:03 PM..
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 01:48 PM
Major

flyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud offlyerfan4life has much to be proud of
Someone needs to make this a sign for the red-blue game and make sure DM sees it.

2018 MOB
PG Wright
SG Morsell
SG/SF Price
F AK
F/C Pierce
WOW!

I assume you mean Davis instead of Price?
Mad Props to flyerfan4life For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 03:03 PM

Actually I wasn't thinking at all but just copying 224's post without thinking. Good catch. I've corrected the post.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfan4life (10-06-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 03:25 PM
Colonel

2018 MOB
PG Wright
SG Morsell
SG/SF Davis
F AK
F/C Pierce
WOW!

That would be awesome, but I could only imagine the Red Scare doing something like that - and I'm pretty sure they've been non-existent at past Red-Blue events.
Old 10-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Colonel

[QUOTE=Buckleyma;466318]Sterling Manley update: 10/02 announces top 4 as: West Virginia, North Carolina, Xavier and Purdue.

Sterling Manley update: North Carolina coach Roy Williams visited on 10/05. Official visit set for 10/14 @ North Carolina. 247sports shifts from West Virginia @ 50 percent to North Carolina at 50 percent. Xavier moved to 17 percent crystal ball recruiting prediction.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (10-07-2016)
Old 10-06-2016, 11:51 PM
Colonel

We were his 1st Big offer back in April
lhsgolf19, let me remind you what you said back on August 28th, right after the commitment from Jordan Davis and two weeks before the McKinley Wright visit. What you said is classic, "a potential guard trio of McKinley Wright, Jordan Davis and Darryl Morsell would be ridiculous." On October 22nd DM can make the prediction, and/or, wish complete!
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-07-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 10:37 AM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
lhsgolf19, let me remind you what you said back on August 28th, right after the commitment from Jordan Davis and two weeks before the McKinley Wright visit. What you said is classic, "a potential guard trio of McKinley Wright, Jordan Davis and Darryl Morsell would be ridiculous." On October 22nd DM can make the prediction, and/or, wish complete!
Anybody remember Ron Brewer, Marvin Delph, and Sydney Moncrief from Arkansas. They took that team a long way in the NCAA tournament in their three guard dominated offense.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-07-2016), Glen Clark (10-11-2016)
Old 10-07-2016, 10:53 AM
Colonel

[QUOTE=TXFlyerFan;466606]Anybody remember Ron Brewer, Marvin Delph, and Sydney Moncrief from Arkansas. They took that team a long way in the NCAA tournament in their three guard dominated offense.

Anybody remember Donald Smith, Johnny Davis (Mr. Excitement) and Leighton Moulton from Dayton in 1973-74. They took that team a long way in the NCAA
tournament in their guard dominated offense? Well, Dayton also had a few other great players, as well.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (10-07-2016)