User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 01-21-2019, 11:31 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Defense in the A-10

The Dayton Flyers are a much improved defensive team compared to a year ago and their record shows it. Coach likes to say Dayton is establishing a defensive culture in the program. The bonus for this year's edition is that as of today Dayton leads the A-10 in points
scored. I have a system that places a mathematical value on offense and defense.
A zero rating means a team allows the opponent to score their average points per game. A plus number indicates the average points a team's defense takes away from the opponent.
A minus number indicates poor defense and indicates how many points over the average a team will score in a given game.
Here are today's rankings of the A-10 defenses.
1. VCU 11
2. SLU 11
3. Davidson 6
4. Rhodey 5
5. Dayton 4
6. SBU 4
7. SJU 4
8. G Mason 3
9. GW 1
10. Richmond 0
11. LaSalle -2
12. Fordham -2
13. UMASS -3
14. Duq -4
Here are the defensive ratings of the 6 teams Dayton has lost to.
Virginia 21
VCU 11
Oklahoma 11
Miss St 6
Auburn 4
Tulsa 4
Dayton continues to work hard to become a good defensive team. I applaud their progress
and urge them to continue improvement. More man defense with ball pressure. Their zone is spotty and hurts their rebounding. I do like changing the "D" out of time outs called by the opponent. Dayton will go as far in the conference and conference tourney as their defense takes them. They must continue to get better at that end of the court.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Alberto Strasse For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (01-21-2019), Glen Clark (01-21-2019), The Fly (01-21-2019), udflyerfan (01-21-2019)
Advertisement
Old 01-21-2019, 01:24 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,133 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
The Dayton Flyers are a much improved defensive team compared to a year ago and their record shows it. Coach likes to say Dayton is establishing a defensive culture in the program. The bonus for this year's edition is that as of today Dayton leads the A-10 in points
scored. I have a system that places a mathematical value on offense and defense.
A zero rating means a team allows the opponent to score their average points per game. A plus number indicates the average points a team's defense takes away from the opponent.
A minus number indicates poor defense and indicates how many points over the average a team will score in a given game.
Here are today's rankings of the A-10 defenses.
1. VCU 11
2. SLU 11
3. Davidson 6
4. Rhodey 5
5. Dayton 4
6. SBU 4
7. SJU 4
8. G Mason 3
9. GW 1
10. Richmond 0
11. LaSalle -2
12. Fordham -2
13. UMASS -3
14. Duq -4
Here are the defensive ratings of the 6 teams Dayton has lost to.
Virginia 21
VCU 11
Oklahoma 11
Miss St 6
Auburn 4
Tulsa 4
Dayton continues to work hard to become a good defensive team. I applaud their progress
and urge them to continue improvement. More man defense with ball pressure. Their zone is spotty and hurts their rebounding. I do like changing the "D" out of time outs called by the opponent. Dayton will go as far in the conference and conference tourney as their defense takes them. They must continue to get better at that end of the court.
Any chance I can get a copy of updated numbers right before I fill out my bracket in March?

Why do I feel like I'm in a Geico commercial? "Defense wins championships"