Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-09-2015, 09:37 AM
Captain

PittsburghFlyer is on a distinguished road
Marist

The Marist Red Foxes will arrive at Welcome Stadium on Saturday with a four game winning streak. As always, they have been playing solid football and are led by their So QB Mike White. This guy will fling it all around the yard if you let him. Against Stetson at home last week, he was PFL Offensive Player of the week. He threw for 3 TDs and ran for 2 TDs against the Hatters. In the backfield, they are led by Marcellus Calhoun and Garrett Clay. They have combined for almost 100 yd per game for the Red Foxes. The receiver corps is led by freshman Juston Christian who is averaging a little over 100 yd/game. On defense, they are led by LB Miguel Sandoval and safety Zach Adler with 61 and 49 hit respectively. They are very sound defensively with a number of good athletes.

To defeat Marist, we will once again have to be clicking on all cylinders. Our running game has found it’s groove and we will need to be better this week to win. In terms of our passing game, our QB has been very good and steady, and will need to continue along those lines this week. On defense, we have to start bringing some more pressure, particularly early in the game. Our running defense was stout, especially in the second half of the Morehead game. We will have to continue that trend this week. Hopefully we can get some pressure on the QB and let our DBs do their thing. If we win, we are in the FCS playoffs and PFL Champions! Go Dayton Flyers!!!!!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PittsburghFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FBUD (11-09-2015), Flyer Gramps (11-10-2015), ICDWS (11-10-2015), NovaFlyer (11-09-2015), PIONEER 8 (11-09-2015)
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2015, 08:20 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

moville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant futuremoville has a brilliant future
My best boyhood friend is a proud Marist alum and was a member of their unbeaten "Club Football Super Bowl Champion" team in 1970. That team was honored at halftime of the Stetson game in Poughkeepsie on Saturday. He says White, a local kid from Cornwall NY High School (arch-rival of my alma mater, Highland Falls on the south side of Storm King Mountain), is the real deal. I think if they were to beat the Flyers it would represent one of the, if not THE biggest win in the program's history. BTW, Bill O'Reilly of Fox was my friend's teammate on that Marist club team from 45 years ago.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to moville For This Totally Excellent Post:
FBUD (11-09-2015), Flyer Gramps (11-10-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 09:27 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Biggest UD football game in 30 (?) years.
Think 3,000 will show on a sunny 46 degree game?

I will
Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FBUD (11-09-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Captain

FBUD is a jewel in the roughFBUD is a jewel in the roughFBUD is a jewel in the rough
Another week, another tough game.

This is not an easy game, this is not an easy game, this is not an easy game.

Marist lost their first PFL game to Jacksonville by 4 and their next game at San Diego by 3. They had a 3 point win at Campbell and then won each of their next 3 games by at least 3 touchdowns. Marist is still in the hunt for a share of the conference title.

Marist is on a roll.

We need to continue to play flyer football. Keys...

offensive line must win against a good Marist D line
pressure QB (stunts & blitzes)
limit mistakes (turnovers & penalties)
force turnovers
win special teams

GDF!!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FBUD For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-10-2015), PittsburghFlyer (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 06:40 AM
Captain

QB

Very good point Moville regarding the Marist QB. I watched some of the game tape against Butler and he can really launch it accurately down the field. The one pass I witnessed carried over 45 yd in the air right on the money to one of his wide outs. We have faced some very QBs all year long, and this guy is among the best. And they are on a roll coming into this contest. I think it is going to be another great game at Welcome.
Mad Props to PittsburghFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
moville (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 08:49 AM
Captain

PIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura about
Maybe we need our kicker to get a TD and jump start the offense
Mad Props to PIONEER 8 For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 09:56 AM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
While I agree that the Marist QB is a very good player, if our D plays the way it did in the last 3 quarters against MSU, we should be fine. Mr. White's completion % is fairly pedestrian (50.8%), and he has thrown 10 picks in 8 games. Again, not suggesting he's not a threat, but they have played against and contained better this season.

The guy we really need to contain is their true freshman WR, Juston Christian. He's leading the PFL in receiving yds/game (100.9), and my understanding is that he's a "track guy" that has run a sub-4.4 40. He's their "stretch the field" guy and we'll undoubtedly need a safety over the top on him. Should be fun to watch Cameron and our Christian match-up with him.
Old 11-10-2015, 04:45 PM
Captain

NEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really nice
Apparently the game will be televised on Time Warner

http://www.goredfoxes.com/ViewArticl...B_OEM_ID=27700
Old 11-10-2015, 06:19 PM
Academy Doolie

ICDWS is on a distinguished road
there was an actual student section at Jacksonville game. Football Flyers finally getting some play from Red Scare. Hopefully there will be several hundred students this week. If they only knew how much it pumps these guys up.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ICDWS For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-10-2015), jaburr91 (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 06:22 PM
Academy Doolie

Flyers need to stay consistent until the end. It will be an emotional beginning with 33 seniors being honored. They need to manage the emotion, something MSU could not do last week. I'm writing that partly to myself as it will be emotional for us to out on the field with our son and all these fine young men.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ICDWS For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-10-2015), bobber (11-11-2015), jaburr91 (11-10-2015), PIONEER 8 (11-11-2015), ud69 (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 07:45 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
Does anyone know how many of the seniors being honored on Saturday can come back for a 5th year? I know there are maybe 3 or 4 true seniors. Just wondering how many potential 5th year guys we have. I love watching this team. They give me a heart attack sometimes on these third down plays on defense, but really exciting to watch this team grow.

Go Flyers!
Old 11-10-2015, 09:14 PM
1st Lieutenant

Always Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Cardsflyer View Post
Does anyone know how many of the seniors being honored on Saturday can come back for a 5th year?
There are 27 Seniors and 6 Redshirt Seniors. Of those 27, without further research, I would guess about 15-20 are eligible for a 5th year. I believe with the cost of a fifth year, after all academic scholarships are gone, is somewhat of a cost prohibitive deal. So unless you need to come back in the fall to finish school, it's a tall sacrifice.

As far as a crowd, I did see if you go to one of the b-ball games Friday, you can get in to the game free. I say let all students in free no matter what. Put them in the student section or over on the visitor side to harass Marist. It's not like we won't have room.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:18 AM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Thanks Parents for Being Here

Originally Posted by ICDWS View Post
Flyers need to stay consistent until the end. It will be an emotional beginning with 33 seniors being honored. They need to manage the emotion, something MSU could not do last week. I'm writing that partly to myself as it will be emotional for us to out on the field with our son and all these fine young men.
Missed your posting every week this season. You were one near a beginning of posting by parents on this site. Before you, Proud P, Always P, Scout & Pioneer there were few posts by fathers. In 2008-09 there were only two grandfathers posting & few if any dads. Not sure if any other grandfathers have ever posted. This site is an important time in my day although I never schooled there or have any current player (next one likes 7th grade baseball). But it's you guys who bring me back every morning. Thanks ICDWS and all you parents of 2015 Seniors for sharing your sons with us. You had a lot of driving/flying whatever, but look what a wonderful experience the kids have given all of us this year. Good Luck to all of you & God Bless!
Gramps
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-11-2015), CE80 (11-11-2015), ICDWS (11-11-2015), jaburr91 (11-11-2015), NEOFlyer (11-11-2015), PIONEER 8 (11-11-2015), ud69 (11-11-2015)
Old 11-11-2015, 12:14 PM
Captain

PIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by ICDWS View Post
Managing the emotions is very real. We never seem to play our best on senior day and I think that is a big part of the reason.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PIONEER 8 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-11-2015), ICDWS (11-11-2015)
Old 11-11-2015, 01:17 PM
1st Lieutenant

Always Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of lightAlways Proud is a glorious beacon of light
For all the loyal fans that cannot make it...
http://www.atlantic10.com//mediaPort...b_oem_id=31600

I agree with Pioneer we don't play our best. Also, not a big fan of doing this right before kickoff. Recognize them far enough ahead of time and do it quickly. Do not need a drawn out speech on each of them. Especially 33 of them. Let them get back to the locker room and come out as a team. I guess I'm not one for changing protocol. For me this is definitely it. Last I checked there is not a sixth year. Couldn't afford it if there were.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Always Proud For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-11-2015), ICDWS (11-11-2015), NEOFlyer (11-11-2015)
Old 11-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
I love Dayton Football more than anything outside of my family. These guys make the stressful days at work tolerable all year long. I hate to see our seniors go and excited to see what is in store for next year. I thank each of these young men and their families for what they do. Good luck against Marist and bring home a PFL title and first ever playoff spot.
Go Flyers!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-12-2015), Flyer Gramps (11-11-2015), ICDWS (11-11-2015), NEOFlyer (11-11-2015)
Old 11-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Academy Doolie

Gramps, thanks for the kind words. I cant believe four years have passed. So many things took up the time in between that I forgot what a great site this was and how much support the boys get here. We made so many great friends and shared many memorable moment over the past four years due to Flyer football. There was possibility my son would dress this week due to injury, which added another layer of emotion. We heard today he will dressed and ready to go!
Mad Props to ICDWS For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-11-2015)
Old 11-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Academy Doolie

Always Proud, There is no good way to get this honor done without interrupting their routine. It is 1/2 hour before game time, so hopefully they can re-focus. I have a different feel about this year's team though and how they handle things. So many second half adjustment and games won, that were games lost in previous years. I think the coaches have a better handle and convey that to the boys. I'm expecting another consistent effort. See you on the field before and after the game!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:32 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Some Nice Prep for a Big Game

Nice photo of the Seniors at UD football site that can be saved for monitor viewing. Looks like a 20 x 8 for printing!

In the YouTube interview embedded with the photo, enjoyed Capt Cory Stuart's matter of fact type comment that getting excited is not an issue; everyone's ready for a championship type game. Mentally, he said, preparation is same as previous games.This sounds a bit like this team plays - they take it all in stride.

And finally, the Cleveland Plain Dealer actually mentioned this week that Cory Stuart from Solon had some good stats in last weeks game. Imagine writing something that happens in Ohio college football south of Columbus!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-13-2015), FBUD (11-12-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 08:06 PM
Captain

Jeske

Big congrats to Alex Jeske for being named to CFPA Freshman Performer of the Year mid season watch list. He is one of only 32 players in the FCS named to the list! Given his accomplishments this year, very deserving indeed!
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PittsburghFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-13-2015), bobber (11-12-2015), Cardsflyer (11-13-2015), FBUD (11-12-2015), FlyerIllini (11-13-2015), jaburr91 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 08:38 PM
Captain

NEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really niceNEOFlyer is just really nice
Originally Posted by Flyer Gramps View Post
And finally, the Cleveland Plain Dealer actually mentioned this week that Cory Stuart from Solon had some good stats in last weeks game. Imagine writing something that happens in Ohio college football south of Columbus!
Thanks for the heads up -- Gramps. It's good seeing some of our kids get recognized.

Here is the article
http://www.cleveland.com/sports/coll...rt_river_index

GO FLYERS
Old 11-13-2015, 08:25 AM
Major

We have had a pretty good connection to Solon players. Glad to see Mr. Stuart is gettin some well deserved props.

Go Flyers!
Old 11-13-2015, 08:40 AM
1st Lieutenant

comebackkids0708 is a jewel in the roughcomebackkids0708 is a jewel in the roughcomebackkids0708 is a jewel in the rough
Huge game, Marist should probably be tied with UD for first, losing both games combined less than 7 points. Flyer fans feel their pain, we've been there. Good news for them it hasn't stopped them from competing and they realize they still have a chance to at least tie for the league title although wouldn't go to the playoffs. Should be a good, hard fought game.

Warning, yearly 1 time soapbox ahead...

Although you wouldn't know there was a game if you looked at our awesome local newspaper. Once again no articles written since last Saturday night, as of Friday morning. I know some will argue but I still blame a lot of Dayton's football attendance woes on Cox Media. I remember when there were 2-3 articles a week written on the team (yes the Bucky Albers days), on top of that they were front page a lot of times on Sunday, not the top story but on the front page. Oh and the head coach had a sunday morning TV show, 30 min. that trust me when I say people who had no connection to the program or the school would watch and have an idea of how the team was doing at the moment. They can blame money and interest all they want, but they still have time to write 3-4 articles a DAY about the basketball program. I would have to check but I think a basketball players legal troubles (the most recent one) gets more ink. All this being said life goes on and our players and coaches don't play for the coverage thankfully.

Go out and play our game Flyers, sign seal and deliver that PFL title!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to comebackkids0708 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-13-2015), Figgie123 (11-13-2015), Flyer Gramps (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 10:42 AM
Colonel

Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Do Sports Info Offices put out press releases anymore?
Is Hauschilds office doing so and the DDN is ignoring?
No SID interns that could write/submit FB articles to DDN?
UD Ath Dept - why not let entire family in for $10
Or adults $10 and everyone else free.
1000s more in free will make a lot of noise and hit the conce$$ion $tand.
Go Flyers!!
Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 10:45 AM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by comebackkids0708 View Post
Warning, yearly 1 time soapbox ahead...
Funny, I was thinking the same exact thing. I would add our marketing department has some share of the blame too. Of course they have to tie the b-ball games to a free ticket to the f-ball game. I say let all the students in free, sit them on the visitor side and bug the crap out of opposition. It seems like the majority of away games, during halftime they have something for a student to win. It could be a Punt Pass Kick event for free pizza for a month, wings for a year, school money, last week it was BEATS PILL speakers given away every quarter. Terribly disappointed for what UD does or should I say doesn't do to help generate interest. This all starts from the top with the AD. The Asst. VP to Athletics should be ashamed to not push for more recognition based on his mutual interest. I guess when the President doesn't go to the banquet or maybe he was late or left early (old age forgetting again) because of a b-ball game that tells a lot.

Okay off the box now. To borrow a Al Davis motto, "Just win baby, just win!!!". I did talk to my man cub and he feels they will be okay. Love the level headed confidence of this team. Not too high nor too low.

Last edited by Always Proud; 11-13-2015 at 10:53 AM..
Mad Props to Always Proud For This Totally Excellent Post:
jaburr91 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 06:33 PM
Captain

jmitch will become famous soon enoughjmitch will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Always Proud View Post
I guess when the President doesn't go to the banquet or maybe he was late or left early (old age forgetting again) because of a b-ball game that tells a lot.
Actually...he had the entire banquet time moved up so he could make it to the bball game. Why worry about inconveniencing 349 other guests? I guess it's good to be president.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to jmitch For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-14-2015), jaburr91 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 11:38 PM
Colonel

Don't want to say I told you so BUT.........

I TOLD YOU SO!

Late in second half tonight I thought - I can't believe no mention to fans of big FB game tomorrow vs. Marist. Then during a TO Coach Chamberlain takes the floor and asks the fans to come out tomorrow and root the Flyers to a conference championship.

Then in a low voice the PA announcer says......YOUR TIC STUB TO TONIGHTS GAME GETS YOU IN FREE FOR FLYER FB TOMORROW.

FREE FREE FREE I TOLD YOU SO!!!!
GOOD JOB UD ATHLETIC DEPT!!!!!

GO FLYERS!!
Old 11-14-2015, 09:37 AM
Colonel

.....AND 12 HOURS LATER NOT ONE REPLY TO THE mARIST THREAD.
No one saying, "Yea, I'm grabbing my tic stub from last nite hoop game and going to see the Flyers at 1 today free!"
SAD!
Go Flyers!
Old 11-14-2015, 09:51 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
It would have been great if Coach had mentioned the free ticket deal during his time on the court. I kept waiting for him to do it. People were listening to him. I did not hear the PA announcer at all. I already knew about it because both MBB and WBB Facebook posted about the FB ticket deal this week. I and two of my friends will be there using our tickets from the men or women's games. (We were at both). GO FLYERS!!
Old 11-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Searles pick 6 for Flyers - up 7-0.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:28 PM
Colonel

17-0 Halftime

Nice to be leading at half by 17 points with a 100yd offensive performance.

Difference in game is UD made some big plays & MU has no great plays.

Seems like both offenses should perform better in 10th game of season.

Lookout Dayton safeties if they ever "catch" a long pass!

Go Flyers! Play another 2nd half like champions!
Old 11-14-2015, 03:00 PM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, went to the bathroom and it is now 17-14
Old 11-14-2015, 03:25 PM
Colonel

A Marist 3rd qtr

Well Marist won the 3rd qtr coming out from locker room & playing smash-mouth offensive football.

Dayton came out of locker room & offense cannot finish.

No chance to run clock if our team is 1-12 converting 3rd downs. Amazing futility.

Please, throw a pass to Stuart in 4th qtr!
Old 11-14-2015, 04:07 PM

ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
28-21 Flyers final.
Old 11-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,182 Times in 579 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
Exciting finish. Good win for the Mighty Flyers!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (11-14-2015), NovaFlyer (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Colonel

Shoelace Just Long Enough

With a late offensive TD, the senior-laden Flyers win with their RS-F QB's play. Their shoelace wins were just long enough to wrap up a small box with a big championship ring!

Giving up 500 yards to Marist & going 2-14 on 4th downs takes a long shoestring to come out on top. But they did it 28-21!

Looked like senior capt receiver let me down on fumble after catching pass but they had enough line push & enough QB to make a final drive count!

Thanks team for making my day. can't wait to get to mass tomorrow & tell the story...lot's of parishoners down here pulling for us!
Always Proud (11-15-2015), PittsburghFlyer (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 04:46 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,693 Times in 2,511 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
That Tucker Yingling is a phenomenonal runner. He made one long run where he hurdled a tackler who was almost upright. He has over 200 yards rushing. It was a great game to attend. On to the playoffs.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TA111 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-15-2015), jaburr91 (11-14-2015), NovaFlyer (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 05:37 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
If you missed this game, you missed another great win for our Flyers. So proud of these kids and the coaches.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NovaFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-15-2015), CE80 (11-14-2015), jaburr91 (11-14-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (11-14-2015), ud69 (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 06:02 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you Time Warner Sports Channel. Allowed a northeast Ohioian to watch on a real TV.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:28 PM

This team is having a charmed season. First post season pllayoff in 23 years.

Thought the play for the winning TD was brilliant - either called from the bench or a great read by Jeske.

Last edited by ud69; 11-14-2015 at 07:25 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-14-2015), NovaFlyer (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 10:51 PM
Captain

Championship Team

Wow. Just an unbelievable game for the last home game of the year in an unbelievable season! Who would of thought back in the first half, of the first game of the season against Bobby Mo at Joe Walton Stadium that the Flyers would make it this far? Mid way through the second quarter of that game I thought no way we win more than 5 games. The experts always say that football is the ultimate team sport. And I do believe the 2015 edition of the Flyers are the ultimate team! We had fumbles, dropped passes, bad penalties, a big punt return against us and our defense back on their heals in the second half. Then all of a sudden less than 4 minutes left to go in the game the Flyers engineer a drive with more running than passing to throw the hammer down on the Red Foxes. Yinger had a terrific outing. He ran very well with every opportunity given him. The offensive line was also superb. That group including our tight ends are probably the most unheralded group on the team. Kudos to them on rallying in the end to deliver the 'Ship to Dayton. Really looking forward to next week at Drake and seeing who we draw in the FCS playoffs! GO Dayton Flyers!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PittsburghFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-15-2015), Flyer Gramps (11-15-2015), jaburr91 (11-15-2015), jack72 (11-15-2015), MichiganFlyer60 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 12:34 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't make it to the game. Had a commitment at church. How was today's attendance? Decent, I hope.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-15-2015, 08:30 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,197 Times in 1,115 Posts
jaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant futurejaburr91 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Couldn't make it to the game. Had a commitment at church. How was today's attendance? Decent, I hope.
Posted via Mobile Device
Box score listed attendance at 3118. Looked bigger than the normal crowd but not by a significant amount. Those that were there, though, were vocal. One of the loudest/into the game crowds in years!
Mad Props to jaburr91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 03:50 PM
Major

The crowd was into it the entire game. It was nice to see a dad bring his three kids (sat in front of us) and it was the free tickets from the women's basketball game that helped. The kids were not as much into it, but dad was and good to see. Hopefully, this translates into more games for them.

As for the game...I have never had any dislike for any of our opponents, but the way the Marist kids acted at times was obviously taught by the coaching staff. They were pretty chippy. In particular no. 96. Loved to see Tucker run right over and past him several times late in that second half.

Officiating again was abysmal. The worst in college football is at PFL games. I just don't understand why they think they are the show and keeping kids from enjoying the game they are playing.

Go out now and beat Drake, go undefeated, and then go out and be the first PFL team to win a playoff game.

Go Flyers!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-15-2015), Flyer Gramps (11-15-2015), jaburr91 (11-15-2015), MichiganFlyer60 (11-15-2015), NEOFlyer (11-16-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 05:41 PM
1st Lieutenant

WOW !!!! is all I can say. No complaints this week from me.

I'm so happy for this team to wrap it up at home. Did not want to have to go to Des Moines having to win. While I'm happy for all the young men and coaches, I will selfishly say I'm most happy for the six 5th year's that came back. As a parent of one of them, I know each and everyone of them had felt like there was unfinished business. Luke Johnson, Joe Bodnar, Nick Kasczkowski, Austin Alber, Matt Brown, and Connor Kacsor without each of you, not so sure this is possible. The other 100+ kids look up to each of you in some fashion and you earned it.

It was a very emotional time for all the Senior parents, but this year we knew this was it. I admit I had a tear or two as well as many other dad's. From the field, it looked like a lot more than +3100. Maybe they only counted sold and not the carry over from b-ball. Based on a few posts and fresh faces, this may have worked.

The crowd was definitely into the game. From the beginning until the end. They never do make it easy on us that's for sure. As Coach C. said afterwards, the 3rd quarter got away from us. We did not play UD football. The penalties, fumbles, missed tackles, etc. was not us. Luckily we regained our composure and did whatever it took to get it done. I feel this years motto should be all previous 4 or 5 combined. I think we have been each and every one of them at some point this year. Most definite "consistent to the end" in the way we win. Not so sure the heart can take too may more of these.

As many have mentioned above, let's continue the roll. I told the men they are part of history now. They are the first UD team with a FCS playoff bid. Continue it with a perfect 11-0 and a playoff win , or two or three... Hell let's win it all!!!! Thanksgiving can wait this year.

Last edited by Always Proud; 11-16-2015 at 08:37 AM..
9 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Always Proud For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-15-2015), FlyerIllini (11-16-2015), jaburr91 (11-15-2015), MichiganFlyer60 (11-15-2015), NEOFlyer (11-16-2015), PIONEER 8 (11-16-2015), PittsburghFlyer (11-15-2015), Radar (11-16-2015), ud69 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 09:45 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Cardsflyer View Post
As for the game...I have never had any dislike for any of our opponents, but the way the Marist kids acted at times was obviously taught by the coaching staff. They were pretty chippy. In particular no. 96. Loved to see Tucker run right over and past him several times late in that second half.

Officiating again was abysmal. The worst in college football is at PFL games. I just don't understand why they think they are the show and keeping kids from enjoying the game they are playing.
Couldn't agree more. For a head coach in his 24th season at Marist, Parady sure didn't act like it. He was over the top demonstrative from the sidelines (aimed at the refs) and the refs did nothing to silence him, even carrying on a lengthy conversation with him at midfield during an injury timeout. I had the headphones on listening to Larry and Coach Kelly and he (Kelly) couldn't believe: A) the antics of Parady and his staff and players, and B) the officials allowing it all to happen.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 09:46 AM
Captain

I agree that the announced attendance seemed low. Seemed to be that largest crowd I saw this year. All the games that I saw this year were absolutely great to watch

Does anyone know where I can find a video of the 'Yinger Leap'? I was surprised it wasn't a game highlight. Even caught the end of the game on the Time Warner replay and they didn't show it in the game highlights.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:10 PM
Captain

FlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really niceFlyerIllini is just really nice
Neo: The "hurdle" is on the highlight video. It comes at about the 1:06 mark of the video while Chambo is talking. Also, check out the "pose" by the young QB after he scores. Not sure what that was all about?
Mad Props to FlyerIllini For This Totally Excellent Post:
NEOFlyer (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 12:15 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by FlyerIllini View Post
Neo: The "hurdle" is on the highlight video. It comes at about the 1:06 mark of the video while Chambo is talking. Also, check out the "pose" by the young QB after he scores. Not sure what that was all about?
He told me after the game that he learned it from his father . Congrats.
Mad Props to NEOFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ud69 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by FlyerIllini View Post
Also, check out the "pose" by the young QB after he scores. Not sure what that was all about?
I'll give him a "pass" on the "pose".

FlyerIllini, you have to be one proud papa. Enjoy the ride - as we all are. It is a very special year.
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerIllini (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 01:24 PM
Captain

Neo: To the extent I ever had any "moves," they are all gone. He's on his own with that one.

ud69: I'm so proud of all of these young men. In fact, I was fairly nervous before this game, but it wasn't for my own guy. It felt like there was so much on the line with this game, and I was nervous b/c I so badly wanted all of those seniors (particularly the 5th Yr. Srs.) to get a ring and experience the playoff. They have all been so supportive of the younger players (mine in particular), and we're very thankful. Like everyone else on this board, I wish they had more support from the school and the students, but the truth is that they're playing for each other and making memories for a lifetime.

Now, let's take care of the Bulldogs and finish off this special season 11-0.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FlyerIllini For This Totally Excellent Post:
MichiganFlyer60 (11-16-2015), ud69 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 01:36 PM
Colonel

The Jump

As far as "jumps" go, I can only find the big one by the best "Flyer Position" player I've ever seen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mCnuGa5Mxns

Hope it plays because it is aging like me & my computer.
jmitch (11-16-2015), PIONEER 8 (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 02:00 PM
Captain

Gramps: Awesome video.

Since I know the rest of you wouldn't be able to sleep tonight w/o the official explanation of the pose, here it is. It's from the "Dabb Dance" (when you're doing it, you are "dabbing"), and, apparently, the signature move is to bring your arm to your face as if you're blocking a sneeze. It has it's origins in the Atlanta hip-hop scene and, as seen in the linked video, it's all the rage with athletes recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hCSn5K3wUU
Mad Props to FlyerIllini For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 03:26 PM
1st Lieutenant

MichiganFlyer60 is on a distinguished road
you might notice a certain Holder has been doing the same move after WW kicks one through...fun to watch them enjoy themselves on the field and playing meaningful games. They have been in playoff mode basically all season.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MichiganFlyer60 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Always Proud (11-17-2015), Flyer Gramps (11-16-2015), FlyerIllini (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Captain

As far as "jumps" go, I can only find the big one by the best "Flyer Position" player I've ever seen:

That is awesome Gramps. He didn't even need to put his hands up to block the pass. What is also impressive is it appears that he lands upright. If that happened to me, it would take twenty minutes to stabilize me and cart me off on a gurney.
Mad Props to NEOFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 11-16-2015, 05:36 PM
Captain

jmitch will become famous soon enoughjmitch will become famous soon enough

Loved watching JJ play. That is still the most athletic football play that I have ever seen in person.
Mad Props to jmitch For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 11-17-2015, 07:39 AM
1st Lieutenant

This is a great video. About the 2:13 mark is the Yinger leap.

https://youtu.be/sTTHwpOYHnw?list=PL38E097B88F629C44

Here is another short one.

https://youtu.be/ElrOguMoa0s
Old 11-17-2015, 12:54 PM
Captain

Leaps

Being a Pittsburgh Yinzer, I have to add the 2 clips below. One is of Lavar Arrington, when he played at PSU. He grew up in the Pittsburgh area and was just phenomenal in HS. The last clip is of Antonio Brown this past weekend against the Browns, a front flip into the end zone on a TD. He landed the flip and scored a perfect 10! Make sure you play it to the end to see it in slow mo. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AjsRbLLlKY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdPeKBibqfE