User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,452 Times in 781 Posts
DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Zac Morgan

http://www.providencecatholic.org/pc...all/index.html

"Zac Morgan, son of Tim and Lynn Morgan of Mokena, committed to play football for the University of Dayton where he received an academic scholarship and plans to major in Business. Morgan is a graduate of Mokena Junior High and a parishioner at St. Mary Catholic Church. The honor roll student is a member of the National Honor Society and has played for the Celtic football team his entire high school career. Morgan has also been a member of the wrestling team for the past three years. Furthermore, he was named to the CCL Blue All-Conference Team and Academic All-State."

Reported to be a 6' 6", 295 lb offensive lineman!
Mad Props to DetroitFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer Gramps (02-20-2012)
Advertisement
Old 02-20-2012, 12:20 PM
Captain

PIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer View Post
http://www.providencecatholic.org/pc...all/index.html

"Zac Morgan, son of Tim and Lynn Morgan of Mokena, committed to play football for the University of Dayton where he received an academic scholarship and plans to major in Business. Morgan is a graduate of Mokena Junior High and a parishioner at St. Mary Catholic Church. The honor roll student is a member of the National Honor Society and has played for the Celtic football team his entire high school career. Morgan has also been a member of the wrestling team for the past three years. Furthermore, he was named to the CCL Blue All-Conference Team and Academic All-State."

Reported to be a 6' 6", 295 lb offensive lineman!
Love that size! Also, looks like the program produces some big time recruits so maybe there is some pretty good coaching there.

Last edited by PIONEER 8; 02-20-2012 at 02:30 PM..
Old 02-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Getting closer to full class

Way to go Detroiter.

Yes, Zac Morgan really can be added to our Big Man list!

He really is 6'6" and 295# Offensive Tackle. Get a picture standing next to that!

He visited Drake. (LD is going to be upset) But Drake don't have a Ghetto like UD. That must be part of the campus allure?

And we have a whiff of a skilled position offensive recruit maybe? WOW!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:54 PM
Lieutenant General

DetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDetroitFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
QB - Kyle Sess

https://twitter.com/#!/sycamoreaves_fb

SycamoreAves_FB - Twitterhttps://twitter.com/sycamoreaves_fbCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Sign up for Twitter to follow Sycamore Football (@SycamoreAves_FB). ... Sycamore senior QB Kyle Sess committed to play at Dayton, says Sycamore coach ...

I can never remember my twitter sign in, but this bit of information from google seems to indicate that Kyle has committed to Dayton. I understand that he also had an offer from Urbana. He is reported to have visited Dayton on 2/9/12.

Reported to be 5' 8".... Also reported to be a leading rusher for his HS team. Maybe he was recruited as a RB?

Last edited by DetroitFlyer; 02-20-2012 at 01:03 PM..
proudpapa (02-21-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 05:14 PM
Colonel

Flyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the roughFlyer Gramps is a jewel in the rough
Probably a RB - Kyle Sess

Sorry, can't help myself DF...If "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" why can't a "Sycamore Grow in Dayton"?

Maybe Sycamore's little 5'8"/5'9" QB/RB Kyle Sess could grow a bit because he is coming to UD. Just spent an hour reading up on this guy, a favorite of the media in chili town. His high school website has a congratulatory note with a Flyer helmet. Of course we have his teammate & OLB, Michale Gray (the Under Armour guy) already on our recruit list.

His compact 175# did him well running, even when the defense knew he would. Ended the season with 1688 yds. His passing completions was 38% for 664 yds. I'm listing him as a RB until fall camp.

Sycamore Aves (Aviators) is a football crazy hs with plenty of support on the web!

Last edited by Flyer Gramps; 02-20-2012 at 05:16 PM..
Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
proudpapa (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 12:31 PM
Lieutenant General

http://www.jconline.com/article/2012...CFRONTPAGE%7Cp

"Mystery" QB recruit revealed.... Ben Welsh's little brother!
proudpapa (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 04:16 PM
Colonel

Luke Welsh - QB

Thanks guys for the news on a Class A footballer at South Newton High in Indiana who committed and played QB and probably will start that way at UD although he can run too.

Luke Welsh is only 6' and 175# but set a single season school rushing record of 1431 yds in 190 carries incl. 13 TD's. Then he passed 212 times completing 118 (56%) for 1728 yds.incl 15 more TD's. Impressive!

That was enough for Luke to be named Midwest Conference Player of Year, Indiana Football Coaches All-State and AP All-State Honorable Mention. So it appears we do have a bonafide QB in this class.

His older brother Ben Welsh has been a DB with the Flyers for four years and is sticking around for a 5th year chance to play and mentor his brother. Ben missed a season with injury & last season he only participated in 4 games but made it count for 24 tackles. Hope for more in 2012.
proudpapa (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Lieutenant General

Without looking it up, I seem to recall that Ben was originally recruited as a QB.... Anyone remember?
Old 02-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Colonel

Remembering past words of the DF

Of course we remember that famous post about a recruit who couldn't decide between basketball & football. Notice that Luke Welsh rushed for many more yards that his older brother Ben but didn't pass as much.

The story went something like this:

"South Newton senior Ben Welsh had a lot of tough decisions to make regarding his college choice.

In-state or out? Big or small? Football or basketball?

In the end, Welsh says the school made the decision for him. Last month he verbally committed to the University of Dayton football program.

"I really liked the coaches there and felt that I fit in with the players that are already there," said Welsh, who will play free safety for the Flyers. "The whole time I was there I felt comfortable and knew it was where I wanted to go."

Welsh totaled 93 tackles, five interceptions, 10 passes broken up and a pair of touchdowns for South Newton last season.
He also threw for 3,208 yards and 40 touchdowns and rushed for 817 yards and eight scores in his only season as the Rebels' starting quarterback.

Welsh also averaged 19.4 points, 6.3 assists and 5.9 rebounds for South Newton's state-ranked basketball team this winter. He said the hardest decision was choosing which sport to play in college. He also considered Drake and Hillsdale for football and Rose-Hulman and McKendree College for basketball.

"As far as what I wanted to play I was split right down the middle," said Welsh, who plans to study electrical engineering. "I really couldn't decide what I wanted to do. Either one I would've been happy with."

Welsh's Dayton teammates will include Lafayette Jeff quarterback Timmy Fogarty, who also committed to the Flyers last month.

You may remember a while back an article posted that referenced both of these players. Ben Welsh sounds like one heck of an athlete! He was actually torn between college basketball and football! He sounds a great deal like another player on our roster, (Steve Vallentino )! He should be a great addition to the Flyer Football team! I wonder if Ben would consider walking on to the basketball team?"
DetroitFlyer (02-21-2012)
Old 03-03-2012, 09:43 AM
Colonel

Don't You Love It - some of these football offers?

Just searching around for players who receive offers keeps me up-to-date on lesser known football programs - like Wheaton & Centre (I actually drove past Centre in the '70's)

Tim Lovett from Bellbrook High just released his offers and besides the two aforementioned, he heard from Brown, Air Force & UD. Tim is a 6'3", 250# OG with intentions of continuing playing because he'll attend 5 camps. He's just on the cusp of being ranked in size with our Big Men but he does bench press 385#.

While I knew of the colleges Tim heard from, I didn't know Ohio well enough to know Bellbrook, OH. Found out the city of 7,000 has a median household income of $75,000 and is one of four Ohio cities without an income tax. Lot of history in these recruit posts!

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.ph...file&user=4574
DetroitFlyer (03-03-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 02:13 PM
Academy Doolie

ICDWS is on a distinguished road
Any recruting news update? When will the recruits that committed be announced? I see several players from our conference have committed according to this thread. I'd like to track some of the other players to see their backgrounds and how tough their high school conferences are. The quality of competition, required preparation and team success are important factors in the make up of a recruit.
Old 03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Maybe or

Originally Posted by ICDWS View Post
Any recruting news update? When will the recruits that committed be announced? I see several players from our conference have committed according to this thread. I'd like to track some of the other players to see their backgrounds and how tough their high school conferences are. The quality of competition, required preparation and team success are important factors in the make up of a recruit.
maybe not.... UD has not been very good about annoucing recruits or providing much information on recruits. We have been tracking them for a number of years here, so this list is probably your single best resource. The final list will probably be a bit different, but we are usually pretty close. By the way, welcome to the board. Our traffic has picked up recently with the addition of a few key members such as yourself!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Academy Doolie

Glad to be here! The Board looks like fun and has reliable information. My son is pumped to be a part of this team.
Old 03-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Colonel

Waiting for the final few

Believe your question is answered in Post#90 of this thread. Some recruits have more info available to us and you find it here (don't look for help in the way of University news letter). Out of state recruits are sometimes the hardest to find. There are only a couple left to declare & it is up to them to report this to a state or national recruiting site or newspaper.

It is great to have ICDWS with us; Welcome!

Also new in 2012 are Michigan Flyer 60, Always Proud, and Pioneer 8. Welcome to you too! We desperately need help with news about the team since so many here are alumni and often away from Ohio.

Remember this is a sticky thread (stays put for the time period) about recruits so feel welcome to start any new thread about any other subject. Did you know there is Private Messaging available for non-public social or personal stuff? Did you know that the busiest poster on the football site earns a fresh $100 bill at the end of the season? Did anyone tell you that not all posted here is factual?
DetroitFlyer (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Lieutenant General

Talking Only $100.00?

Originally Posted by Flyer Gramps View Post
Believe your question is answered in Post#90 of this thread. Some recruits have more info available to us and you find it here (don't look for help in the way of University news letter). Out of state recruits are sometimes the hardest to find. There are only a couple left to declare & it is up to them to report this to a state or national recruiting site or newspaper.

It is great to have ICDWS with us; Welcome!

Also new in 2012 are Michigan Flyer 60, Always Proud, and Pioneer 8. Welcome to you too! We desperately need help with news about the team since so many here are alumni and often away from Ohio.

Remember this is a sticky thread (stays put for the time period) about recruits so feel welcome to start any new thread about any other subject. Did you know there is Private Messaging available for non-public social or personal stuff? Did you know that the busiest poster on the football site earns a fresh $100 bill at the end of the season? Did anyone tell you that not all posted here is factual?
I have been getting shorted by about $100.00 every year.... FG might have also mentioned that some posters here have an excellent sense of humor....
Old 03-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Academy Doolie

Gramps: nice work on the recruit list. I'll take it that not too many more were added. 25 is a manageble load. I'l be working toward that $100.00 bill. I beleive it is called the Snipe Award?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Captain

PIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura aboutPIONEER 8 has a spectacular aura about
Gramps: nice work on the recruit list. I'll take it that not too many more were added. 25 is a manageble load. I'l be working toward that $100.00 bill. I beleive it is called the Snipe Award?
Welcome to the board.
Mad Props to PIONEER 8 For This Totally Excellent Post:
ICDWS (03-09-2012)
Old 03-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Colonel

Christian Cartwright - Cleveland Hts OLB

A late commit is Christian Cartwright, 5'10", 205" OLB/SS from Cleveland Hts High (haven't been many UD players from that school).

Christian had 13 schools of interest on his resume last year and UD was not on the list. But strange things happen during a senior year of play & recruiting & campus visits. Like we read from a parent on this thread, some things are said or offered and then don't happen. Cruel world!

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.ph...=85&name=Derst
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
DetroitFlyer (03-17-2012), PIONEER 8 (03-17-2012)
Old 03-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Colonel

Brett Bass, Avon Lake

Our 2012 Commit List reached 26 men today when we hooked Brett Bass and he announced he chose Dayton over Butler.

Brett is 5'11", 185# DB/KR from Avon Lake High.

He is very fast & ran track.

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.ph...temid=85&name=
DetroitFlyer (03-19-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Academy Doolie

These look like two nice additions.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:21 PM
2nd Lieutenant

fballflyer will become famous soon enough
Transfer-Former State Defensive Player of The Year

Heard that the team will be joined by a Bowling Green transfer next season.

LB Matt Redfield orginially from Bishop Watterson HS

2010 Stats: State Champions!! ; Division III 1st Team All-Ohio LB ; Division III Ohio Defensive Player of the Year; Division III 1 st Team All-Central District ; Division III Central District Defensive Player of the Year; Columbus Dispatch All- Metro Team ( LB) ; SNP Super 25 Team (LB) ; All- CCL

Here is a link to a video:

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.ph...rs04%40aol.com
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to fballflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
DetroitFlyer (04-27-2012), Flyer Gramps (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 PM
2nd Lieutenant

fballflyer will become famous soon enough
Potential Late Addition at QB

Family friend informed me that there still might be a future flyer out there for the 2012 class!

Connor Devine from Marysville HS attended the spring game and will decide soon if he will join the team next year.

Connor played QB & was ranked the 14th best Long Snapper in the NATION!!!

Not the biggest kid but looks to have a great touch on his throws and extremely accurate.

His older brother was a 2009 recruit but suffered a career ending injury before getting to UD & now assists the team as a student assistant.

Enjoy the video! if you click the Hudl link you can see his senior highlights at QB & LS

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.ph...file&user=6708
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to fballflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 12:47 PM
Lieutenant General

A little about Connor

Originally Posted by fballflyer View Post
Family friend informed me that there still might be a future flyer out there for the 2012 class!

Connor Devine from Marysville HS attended the spring game and will decide soon if he will join the team next year.

Connor played QB & was ranked the 14th best Long Snapper in the NATION!!!

Not the biggest kid but looks to have a great touch on his throws and extremely accurate.

His older brother was a 2009 recruit but suffered a career ending injury before getting to UD & now assists the team as a student assistant.

Enjoy the video! if you click the Hudl link you can see his senior highlights at QB & LS

http://www.scoutingohio.com/index.ph...file&user=6708
Reported to be about 5' 11", 180 lbs.

Nice write-up in the Marysville paper:

http://www.marysvillejt.com/web/inde...pg=1&archive=1

Featured senior
By Joseph Boyd
Connor Devine, son of Steve and Sue Devine, is a friendly and much familiar face in the halls of MHS as well as the streets of Marysville. Devine has compiled quite the successful record of accomplishment over the past four years, having played both football and basketball and earning a total of five varsity letters, as well as being the quarterback and tri-captain of the football team. There is no question as to the character of this student athlete. Serving as an active member of National Honors Society and the calculator club at MHS, academics are evidently equally as important to Devine as athletics.
In the rare occasion of free time, one may find Connor at his Boy Scouts meetings where he is en route to becoming an Eagle Scout. When asked to reflect upon his favorite memories of MHS, he said, "All the great times at football games and practices with the boys - especially beating Olentangy Liberty!" Connor also added that he will miss all of his teachers and friends with whom he has had the opportunity of being acquainted. After MHS, he plans to attend a four-year university and play collegiate football. He is still undecided in his major.

Nominated to attend the Air Force Academy:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...academies.html

Connor Devine was nominated by Stivers to the United States Air Force Academy. He is the son of Stephen and Suzanne Devine of Marysville and a senior at Marysville High School. He is a member of National Honor Society and a scholar football and basketball player. Devine is also active in the Symphonic Choir, Boy Scouts of America, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Maybe he is waiting to see if Air Force will accept him and if they want him on the football team? Sure sounds like a great young man!
Old 04-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Lieutenant General

2010 Stats: State Champions!! ; Division III 1st Team All-Ohio LB ; Division III Ohio Defensive Player of the Year; Division III 1 st Team All-Central District ; Division III Central District Defensive Player of the Year; Columbus Dispatch All- Metro Team ( LB) ; SNP Super 25 Team (LB) ; All- CCL

According to ScoutingOhio he was a preferred walk-on at Bowling Green. He also had an offer from FCS Illinois State.

http://scoutingohio.com/index.php/vi...=1038&srid=880

Maybe he wants to be a Flyer when we open up against the Redbirds this season. More likely he was not getting any playing time and the smoke that BG blew about earning an athletic scholarship did not pan out.... Remember Bart Tanski? He could have been a star at UD but it looks like for the last two years he has been holding for extra points at BG.... Always good to land an FBS transfer! Matt is around 6', 225 lbs. Could be a nice addition for the Flyers and he would be able to play immediately since he is transferring from an FBS to an FCS school.

Last edited by DetroitFlyer; 04-27-2012 at 01:05 PM..
Flyer Gramps (04-27-2012)
Old 04-27-2012, 01:01 PM
Captain

I saw Redfield play in high school and he is outstanding. He will make an immediate impact if he comes to UD.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PIONEER 8 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by DetroitFlyer View Post
Reported to be about 5' 11", 180 lbs.

Nice write-up in the Marysville paper:

http://www.marysvillejt.com/web/inde...pg=1&archive=1

Featured senior
By Joseph Boyd
Connor Devine, son of Steve and Sue Devine, is a friendly and much familiar face in the halls of MHS as well as the streets of Marysville. Devine has compiled quite the successful record of accomplishment over the past four years, having played both football and basketball and earning a total of five varsity letters, as well as being the quarterback and tri-captain of the football team. There is no question as to the character of this student athlete. Serving as an active member of National Honors Society and the calculator club at MHS, academics are evidently equally as important to Devine as athletics.
In the rare occasion of free time, one may find Connor at his Boy Scouts meetings where he is en route to becoming an Eagle Scout. When asked to reflect upon his favorite memories of MHS, he said, "All the great times at football games and practices with the boys - especially beating Olentangy Liberty!" Connor also added that he will miss all of his teachers and friends with whom he has had the opportunity of being acquainted. After MHS, he plans to attend a four-year university and play collegiate football. He is still undecided in his major.

Nominated to attend the Air Force Academy:

http://www.thisweeknews.com/content/...academies.html

Connor Devine was nominated by Stivers to the United States Air Force Academy. He is the son of Stephen and Suzanne Devine of Marysville and a senior at Marysville High School. He is a member of National Honor Society and a scholar football and basketball player. Devine is also active in the Symphonic Choir, Boy Scouts of America, and Fellowship of Christian Athletes.

Maybe he is waiting to see if Air Force will accept him and if they want him on the football team? Sure sounds like a great young man!
Sounds like a great addition. The Fylers already have one player (Dave Moran) who originally committed to play at Air Force but found out he would not qualify to be pilot so he transfered to UD. Maybe something similar afoot here?
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to PIONEER 8 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Colonel

This & that about recruiting

Been following this UD program for 6 years and spent serious time searching & following kids during the recruiting process & learned a few things:

It's nice to have a transfer consider UD but sometimes they just need to go somewhere less expensive or closer to home. Some do eventually arrive but few transfers here have prospered for some reason.

The military academies pass out offers like our local supermarkets do ads. Some percentage are accepted & of those a number never get to a soph season. It's a tough deal doing sport, study & military training.

This walk-on & preferred walk-on works - but a small percentage of the time. Years ago when available shop workers were from the bottom of the labor barrel, we had to make up our mind to keep a guy within 30 days or he was in the union & no matter how bad he became, they defended him like he was the last bastion of the IAM. We got permission to hire temp workers but only for 90 day periods. Great, now we had 3-times the work days to see how they worked - in the shop & away from shop! Then he became permanent & the fee we paid the agency was a nice raise for him. That's what a preferred walk-on is to a program. You recruited the best you found but after a year of freshman practice, if they have shortcomings, there's that walk-on guy to fall back on. Sorry, I wouldn't suggest that to any boy I knew!

Nothing but good luck wished to the kids you have posted about.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Colonel

Recruit shakeout time

Heard that two of our earlier recruits are not on the present coaches list:

Greg Harrison, Avon High, FB/TE/DE, has removed all potential schools from his profile page.

Christian Cartwright, Cleveland Hts High, OLB/SS is not mentioned around as a recruit anymore but his profile still shows Dayton as a Lock! He's probably not thinking about olde news put on the internet but the internet never forgets, does it?

Changing minds by recruits is normal this time of year even for those who sign for athletic scholarships. Our "verbal" commits are usually firm after they accept an academic/needs based scholarship to UD.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer Gramps For This Totally Excellent Post:
ICDWS (05-10-2012), PIONEER 8 (05-09-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Colonel

A 2014 recruit commits to Dayton!!!???

This may be one for the record book at old UD, but Scouting Ohio reports that Stephon Wooders accepted an offer BEFORE he plays his Junior season at Deer Park Jr.-Sr. High (Cincy area).

Please be aware that yesterday I caught ScoutOhio with a printed mistake so maybe this too is a keypunch error - wrong column - you know. Or, maybe the boy has deep roots in the Dayton campus & he's headed there regardless.

Stephon is a growing lad, formerly 5'11", 156# and now updated to 6'0", 175#. His school needs an update, they only experienced one win last year & were ranked 664 in the State.

He's fast, played TE & OLB (156#) last year. No stats are published by Scouting Ohio, preps cin, Hudl, max preps, CHIsports or My Space. Tick your calendar ahead two years & make a note to see if this is a Wooder, coulder, shouder, or what?

Hope nobody got too excited because today, Scouting Ohio took down this listing of young Mr. Wooder's accepting a UD offer. Chalk it up to an over-active data entry clerical typing/understanding error.

Last edited by Flyer Gramps; 05-26-2012 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Internet report was apparently/thankfully in error.
DetroitFlyer (05-25-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 09:57 AM
1st Lieutenant

proudpapa will become famous soon enoughproudpapa will become famous soon enough
2012 University of Dayton
Football Recruits

QUARTERBACKS

Nolan Harmotto – Hopewell H.S. Aliquippa, PA - 6’2, 190 lbs.
Nolan was Captain of both football and basketball teams. All-Conference in football and was selected to play in Pittsburgh East/West All-Star game. Nolan is currently undeclared for a major.

Kyle Sess – Sycamore H.S. Cincinnati, OH - 5’10, 190 lbs.
Kyle was Captain, 1st Team All-Conference and the team’s Offensive MVP. He will study Business at UD.

RECEIVERS

Joe Bodnar – Maderia H.S. Cincinnati, OH - 5’9, 170 lbs.
Joe was Captain, 1st Team All-Conference, All-City, District, and 2nd Team All-State. He was also the team’s Offensive Player of Year. In addition to football, Joe was 1st Team All-Conference in baseball. Joe is currently undeclared for a major.

Cory Stuart – Solon H.S. Solon, OH - 6’1, 170 lbs
Cory was 1st Team All-Conference in football and Captain of the baseball team. He was named the National Football Foundation’s 2012 Scholar Athlete Award winner for the Ohio Chapter. Cory is a member of National Honor Society and will study Pre-Med at UD.

Brandon Wallace – Milford H.S. Milford, MI - 6’1, 200 lbs
Brandon was a 3 sport athlete at Milford. He was Captain in both Football and Basketball and was 1st Team All-Conference in track. In Football he was 1st Team All-Conference, County, and Area. Brandon is a member of National Honor Society and will study Pre-Med at UD.

Spencer Weeks – Center Grove H.S. Greenwood, IN - 6’1, 210 lbs
Spencer was Team MVP and 1st Team All-County. He was also a member of the 2011 Indiana State Champion Track Team. Spencer will study Exercise Science at UD.

TIGHT ENDS

Connor Bland – Sacred Heart Griffin H.S. Springfield, IL - 6’4, 235 lbs.
Connor was Captain of the Football team and a 1st Team All-Conference selection. He was also a two year starter on the basketball team. Connor is a member of Student Council and a FCA leader. He will study Communications at UD.

Ian Pailin – Phillips Andover Academy Andover, MA - 6’4, 225 lbs.
Ian was Captain of both the Football and Hockey teams. His hockey team was State Champions. Ian is currently undeclared for a major.

RUNNING BACKS

Ricky Lawniczak – Avonworth H.S. Pittsburgh, PA - 5’10, 185 lbs.
Ricky was Captain and 1st Team All-Conference selection that led his team in rushing the last two years with over 1,000 yds. each year. He is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Engineering at UD.

Owen Williams – Lake Forest H.S. Lake Forest, IL - 5’10, 195 lbs.
Owen was Captain of the Football Team. He was team MVP, 1st Team All-Conference, Area, and State and was selected to play in the State All-Star game. Owen will be studying Business at UD.

OFFENSIVE LINEMEN

Shane Companey – Downers Grove South H.S. Downers Grove, IL - 6’3, 275 lbs.
Shane was Captain and was selected the Conference Offensive Lineman of the Year. In addition he was 1st Team All-Conference and Area. Shane will be studying Mechanical Engineering at UD.
Chris Costa – St. Johns H.S. Toledo, OH – 6’2 250 lbs.
Chris was All-Conference both in Football and the All-Academic Team. He is currently undeclared for a major.

Robert Delaney – Loyola Academy H.S. Chicago, IL – 6’2, 255 lbs.
Robert was Captain and 1st Team All-Conference. His team was in the state finals the last two years. Robert is currently undeclared for a major.

Spencer LuAllen – Upper Arlington H.S. Upper Arlington, OH – 6’3 260 lbs.
Spencer is a 3 sport letter winner in Football, Hockey, and Track. In football he was selected 1st Team All-Conference and District. Spencer will be studying Business at UD.

Jacob Milne – Fairfield H.S. Fairfield, OH – 6’4, 260 lbs.

Zac Morgan – Providence Catholic H.S. Mokena, IL – 6’7, 270 lbs.
Zac lettered in Football, Wrestling, and Track. In football he was 1st Team All-Conference and in wrestling he was the Conference Heavyweight Champion. Zac is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Business at UD.

Patrick Nuzzolese – Chaminade H.S. Mineola, NY – 6’3, 260 lbs.
Patrick was Captain in Football and lettered on the swim team. He is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Engineering at UD.

Matt Stepanek – Aurora H.S. Aurora, OH – 6’2, 245 lbs.
Matt was a 3 year starter and Captain in Football. He was 1st Team All-Conference and Honorable Mention All-District. Matt was also an All-Conference performer in track. He will be studying Mechanical Engineering at UD.

Shane Toub – Carmel Catholic H.S. Chicago, IL – 6’3, 240 lbs.
Shane was Captain, Team Most Valuable Lineman, and 1st Team All-Conference. Shane’s father is the Special Team’s Coordinator for the Chicago Bears. Shane will be studying Exercise Science at UD.

Jimmy Vogel – Colerain H.S. Cincinnati, OH – 6’4, 270 lbs.
Jimmy was an All-Conference selection. He is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Mechanical Engineering at UD.

DEFENSIVE LINEMEN

Miles Ashleman (DT) – St. Johns H.S. Toledo, OH – 6’2, 265 lbs.
Miles was Captain and 3 year letter winner. He was selected 1st Team All-Conference and 2nd Team All-District. Miles will be studying Business at UD.

Andy Carfagna (DE) – North Hills H.S. Pittsburgh, PA – 6’4, 235 lbs.
Andy was Captain and a 3 year letter winner. He was named the Team’s Most Valuable Lineman and was 1st Team All-Conference. Andy is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Engineering at UD.

Parker Fair (DT) – Greater Atlanta Christian H.S. Atlanta, GA – 6’1, 235 lbs.
Parker was a 3 year starter in Football and Wrestling. In football he lead the team in sacks and was 2nd Team All-County. In Wrestling he was 6th in the State as a Junior and 3rd in the State as a Senior. His Senior record was 59-7. Parker will be studying Business at UD.

Mike Ryan (DE) – St. Ignatius H.S. Cleveland, OH – 6’2, 230 lbs.
Mike’s St. Ignatius team were the 2011 Div. I State of Ohio Champions. Mike was a 3 year letterman and currently is undeclared for a major.

Nate Sudnick (DE) – West Chicago H.S. Chicago, IL – 6’2, 230 lbs.
Nate was Captain and 1st Team All-Conference in Football. In track he was All-Conference and holds the County Record for the discus. Nate will be studying Engineering at UD.

Michael Scott (DT) – Loyola H.S. Chicago, IL – 6’0, 250 lbs.
Michael was a 2 year starter and a 1st Team All-Conference selection. He is currently undeclared for a major.

LINEBACKERS

Chris Beaschler – Ada H.S. Ada, OH – 6’0, 210 lbs.
Chris was Captain, 1st Team All-Conference, District, and 2nd Team All-State. He was a 2 year letter winner in baseball and track, and also a track MVP. Chris is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Accounting at UD. His father is the Head Wrestling Coach at Ohio Northern University.

Zach Deitrick – Upper St. Clair H.S. Pittsburgh, PA – 6’0, 200 lbs.
Zach was a 3 year letter winner and 2nd Team All-Conference. He is currently undeclared for a major.

Michael Gray – Sycamore H.S. Cincinnati, OH – 6’2, 215 lbs.

Chris Hagan – East Lansing H.S. Lansing, MI – 5’11, 200 lbs.
Chris was Captain for the Football, Hockey, and Baseball teams. In football he was Team MVP, 1st Team All-Conference, All-District, and All-State. He holds the school record for the most tackles in a season (178) and career (401). In hockey he was Team MVP, 1st Team All-Conference, and District. Chris is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Engineering at UD.

Ryan Schwenke – Solon H.S. Solon, OH – 6’0, 180 lbs.
Ryan was Captain both for the Football and Baseball Teams. In football he was 1st Team All-Conference, All-District, and 2nd Team All-State. In baseball he was 1st Team All-Conference as a Soph. and Jr. Ryan is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Engineering at UD.

DEFENSIVE BACKS

Brett Bass – Avon Lake H.S. Avon Lake, OH – 5’11, 185 lbs.
Brett was Captain and Team MVP. He was 1st Team All-Conference and All-District. In Track Brett runs 100m and his team has been Conference Champions the last two years. He is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Business at UD.

Danny Leach – Downers Grove South H.S. Downers Grove, IL – 5’11, 175 lbs.
Danny was Captain and 1st Team All-Conference and Area. In Track he was All-Conference and the Conference 400m Champion. Danny is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Business at UD.

Cameron Stubbs – St. Louis University H.S. St. Louis, MO – 5’10, 175 lbs.
Cameron was a 2 year letter winner in Football and Track. In football he was 2nd Team All-Conference both on Offense and Defense. Cameron is currently Undeclared for a major.

Luke Welsh – South Newton H.S. Newton, IN – 6’1, 185 lbs.
Luke was Captain and Team MVP for both Football and Basketball. In football he was Conference Player of the Year and 1st Team All-Conference, All-District, and All-State. Set single season rushing record for school at 1,485 yards. Luke is Newton’s Valedictorian and a member of National Honor Society. He will be studying Exercise Science at UD.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to proudpapa For This Totally Excellent Post:
DetroitFlyer (05-29-2012), Flyer Gramps (05-29-2012), ICDWS (06-11-2012), PIONEER 8 (05-29-2012), ud69 (05-29-2012), UDBrian (06-11-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 01:20 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanks for posting the list. Perhaps this class is pointing to the future direction of the offense.... Larger lineman, tight ends that are actually tight end size, and the continuing trend of taller QB's, (we'll see if Kyle remains a QB while at UD). Overall, a very good looking class. As always, many great students as well as athletes. It is also worth pointing out that we have another offensive lineman that lettered in swimming.

Patrick Nuzzolese – Chaminade H.S. Mineola, NY – 6’3, 260 lbs.
Patrick was Captain in Football and lettered on the swim team. He is a member of National Honor Society and will be studying Engineering at UD.

I do not remember the last one, but I think he was from Maryland maybe. At 6' 3", 260 pounds AND a letter winning swimmer, Patrick is probably one heck of an athlete and that 260 pounds is probably all muscle! NHS and and Engineering major to boot! WOW!

Can't wait to follow these young men through their careers at UD.
Old 06-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Academy Doolie

Papa:

that was a great post. thank you. Looking forward to these men geling to form a solid band of brothers. this was execllent info.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:57 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Harris article repeating pretty much what we already knew - with a few quotes from Coach Chamberlin -

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayto...d-1390326.html
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
DetroitFlyer (06-13-2012), Flyer Gramps (06-13-2012), ICDWS (06-13-2012), proudpapa (06-14-2012)
Old 12-03-2012, 09:52 AM
Captain

Flyer Gramps, how about getting us started on 2013? I really enjoyed your posts and updates on the 2012 class.
Mad Props to PIONEER 8 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MichiganFlyer60 (12-03-2012)