UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2016 Match Threads

2016 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 09-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,353 Times in 2,461 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
SIU Match

UD score a 6-2 run at the end of 1st set to win 25-23. We trailed most of this set.
Advertisement
Old 09-17-2016, 07:48 PM
1st Lieutenant

UDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really niceUDVBFan is just really nice
Like seeing the girls being so scrappy. It's tough on the opponent when sure points turn out to not be so. Our serving needs to be tougher (and cleaner) but love the spirit out there against a good team.

Now for the negative. I think I need a Dramamine with the camera work. Yikes.
Mad Props to UDVBFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-17-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 08:00 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
We trailed the second set for 2/3rds of the match falling behind 16-12. But we closed with a 13-5 run to win 25-21 and take a 2-0 lead into intermission. I really do not want to drop a set and let the back into. The match so we need to come out strong in the 3rd. Go Flyers
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
UDVBFan (09-17-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by UDVBFan View Post
Like seeing the girls being so scrappy. It's tough on the opponent when sure points turn out to not be so. Our serving needs to be tougher (and cleaner) but love the spirit out there against a good team.

Now for the negative. I think I need a Dramamine with the camera work. Yikes.
Bless you. I gave up on the camera for the most part I'm just follow play by play on live stats. Hopefully UD will work on it. Times Warner was the worst, but A10 feeds are below what they have been in the past.
Old 09-17-2016, 08:35 PM

Dayton wins 22-25 in third to sweep. This was a good win. LMU and SIU both have a good chance to have rpis in the Top 50 and to win their conference and make the NCAAs

On to conference play. GW up first.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (09-17-2016)
Old 09-17-2016, 08:38 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Did I miss something?

Has Brooke played at all? Redshirt?

Old 09-18-2016, 07:59 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Brooke has not played. The chances of Brooke redshirting get better all the time but one sprained ankle could change that
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (09-18-2016)
Old 09-19-2016, 08:54 AM

While we are counting, I don't think DS Julia Brown has played and for at least one weekend she was in street clothes. Would guess there is an injury. And MB Olivia Dubay has not gotten in a set yet.

There is plenty of opportunities to get some playing time in some A10 matches, so time will tell. But I tend to agree at this point it looks like Westbeld is slotted for a redshirt year if we stay injury free at both setter and Rightside. In both cases we do have backups that could play if the starter goes down, making a redshirt year even more likely.
Old 09-19-2016, 09:28 AM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
While we are counting, I don't think DS Julia Brown has played and for at least one weekend she was in street clothes. Would guess there is an injury. And MB Olivia Dubay has not gotten in a set yet.

There is plenty of opportunities to get some playing time in some A10 matches, so time will tell. But I tend to agree at this point it looks like Westbeld is slotted for a redshirt year if we stay injury free at both setter and Rightside. In both cases we do have backups that could play if the starter goes down, making a redshirt year even more likely.
Julia is dressing for games, but she doesn't move around as quickly as necessary for a game. During the post-game crowd high-fives, she's always the last one on the team, and she's always walking gingerly.
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (09-19-2016)