Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-23-2008, 09:19 AM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
i liked the sound of this

How about Chris Wright saying that he has grown an inch or two since last year? This kid already has freakish talent and he is still growing? I hope he has worked hard on his jump shot this past off season because if you have to respect his "J" he will be unstopable.
Advertisement
Old 10-23-2008, 09:55 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,080 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by number21 View Post
How about Chris Wright saying that he has grown an inch or two since last year? This kid already has freakish talent and he is still growing? I hope he has worked hard on his jump shot this past off season because if you have to respect his "J" he will be unstopable.
no matter what else happens that kid is worth the price of admission

Last edited by UDEE79; 10-25-2008 at 09:56 AM..
Old 10-23-2008, 10:10 AM

Thanked 15,915 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDEE79 View Post
no natter what else happens that kid is worth the price of admission
Which is a great point and one that many people ignore. First and foremost, we're paying to see and support our Flyers. 99% of the time, I don't care who they're playing, I just want to see our UD Flyers win and present themselves properly.

Others focus only on our schedule/opponents, seemingly oblivious to the team we're supposed to support.

And it's those types who justifiably get banned for life.

Last edited by rollo; 10-23-2008 at 10:19 AM..
Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 AM
Colonel

swish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant futureswish61 has a brilliant future
flight club

I keep thinking back to that dunk CW had against OSU in the NIT. The one where he started at the foul line, drove to the basket, and dunked unstoppably overtop his defender. That took strength and agility.
Now.....he's taller, and stronger? Oh my.
I am looking forward to this season!!
And......how much better will Charles and MJ be???
Do we really need a point guard?? lol
Old 10-25-2008, 08:58 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
That dunk was freaking ridiculous. Anyone who cries about our late season collapse needs to watch that dunk and remind themselves that this guy wasn't on the floor during the second half of the season. I maintain that UD can win every game it plays as long as Wright is on our squad.

Last edited by THirt; 10-25-2008 at 09:00 AM.. Reason: edited
Old 10-25-2008, 10:14 AM

Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,080 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile

Originally Posted by THirt View Post
That dunk was freaking ridiculous. Anyone who cries about our late season collapse needs to watch that dunk and remind themselves that this guy wasn't on the floor during the second half of the season. I maintain that UD can win every game it plays as long as Wright is on our squad.
He had a put back real early in the season that was even more amazing IHMO. I may have been an exhibition game even. It was the student basket and the ball caromed long along the baseline over his head. CW reached out with his arm that was away from the basket and got the ball. Just getting the rebound was freakishly athletic but he swung the ball over his head and jammed it. It was a little surreal because you were watching a top-ten NBA jam and it was a Flyer doing it!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:29 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDEE79 View Post
He had a put back real early in the season that was even more amazing IHMO. I may have been an exhibition game even. It was the student basket and the ball caromed long along the baseline over his head. CW reached out with his arm that was away from the basket and got the ball. Just getting the rebound was freakishly athletic but he swung the ball over his head and jammed it. It was a little surreal because you were watching a top-ten NBA jam and it was a Flyer doing it!
think i saw that one 79. plus there were two awesome plays in the Louisville game, one he didnt' complete yet he was SO high above everyone else it was truly incredible.

he's a stud of incredible proportions. if he gets an outside shot, then he can go 25/10 by junior year.
Old 10-26-2008, 03:43 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,433 Times in 682 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
His best play last season was in a very early game, where he had the most freakishly athletic block I have ever seen. I can't for the life of me remember who it was against, but it was just unbelievable.
Old 10-26-2008, 05:07 PM

udflyerfan07 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Originally Posted by flyerfanatic86 View Post
His best play last season was in a very early game, where he had the most freakishly athletic block I have ever seen. I can't for the life of me remember who it was against, but it was just unbelievable.

I remember that block...he blocked some guys jump shot on a fast break at the student end of the court. He was so high up it was almost stupid.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,569 Times in 939 Posts
IAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIAFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Over the Labor Day Weekend, we had some friends up from KC (they used to live in Dayton as well). He is a big tOSU fan.

He believes that CW was the best player on the court, and he acknowledged that was not taking into account that he was coming off the injury.

We have something special in this guy. Let's enjoy it while he's here.