Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-29-2015, 12:09 PM
Major

Gem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant future
halftime entertainment

Ok boys and girls, it’s the offseason so it’s time to get really serious and discuss that all important topic of halftime entertainment.

It has been brought to my attention that there is a group of little girls here in my neck of the woods called the Firecrackers. They are a competitive jump rope team from the Kings Island area. You may already know that the Firecrackers have performed at UD Arena a few times over the years including this past season. I met a parent of one of these young ladies and to my surprise I learned that this group of little girls is kind of a big deal. You might be surprise to know that there is even a motion picture in the works to tell the story of how this team was formed some 20+ years ago.

I know I was surprised to learn that this team has performed all over the country including NBA games, the David Letterman Show, the Washington DC Inauguration parade and the Macy’s Day Parade. I was told that they even performed at the Big Ten men’s championship last year and the women’s NCAA Final Four. I know I’ve seen this team at UD Arena before but I just had no idea.

Anyway, this mom told me these girls practice for about a month and half to learn some 50 tricks just to try out for about 25 open spots on the team. Then they practice 5 days a week for 2 hours from August to March. Keep in mind we are talking about a group of girls ages 8 to about 13.

I guess they have a bit of a cult following at some places like Kentucky, Indiana and the Naval Academy were they perform every year. Apparently they are so popular at Kentucky that the school sends their charter bus up to pick up the girls. I mean I just had no idea. I asked why they didn’t perform at UD every year and the bottom line is they just like to go to the places that treat them the best. That’s why they keep going to Kentucky, Indiana, the Naval Academy, the Indiana Pacers and the Chicago Bulls every year. She told me that they just don’t get that big of a response from the UD crowds so they sometimes choose to go to other places instead. I have to say I was a bit disappointed to hear that about UD. Oh well, UD fans the next time these little girls come to town be sure to give them a nice round of applause because next to the Frisbee dogs and the quick change lady these girls are about as good as it gets for halftime entertainment.

Check out the link below. It has video of some of their past performances at Kentucky, Indiana and the Naval Academy. (Naval Academy one is my favorite) There is also a link for the movie trailer which looks pretty cool. Here is hoping UD can land these girls again for next season. Come on UD, send them a charter bus!

http://www.kingsfirecrackers.com/
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gem City For This Totally Excellent Post:
Avid Flyer (07-29-2015), bobber (07-29-2015), Dillomernda (07-30-2015), Gazoo (07-29-2015)
Advertisement
Old 07-29-2015, 12:34 PM
Just off the Jet

Rita 1 has a spectacular aura aboutRita 1 has a spectacular aura about
I miss Red Panda!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Rita 1 For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (07-30-2015), runnerup (08-13-2015), UDGutter2 (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 01:03 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
These girls have always been my favorite halftime show and receive a standing ovation each and every year for their performances so I'm not sure what they're talking about saying they aren't well received at UD. That just isn't the truth, not is it close.
Figgie123 (07-29-2015), Flyer Dave (07-30-2015), IndianaFlyer (07-29-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 01:10 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh no, what will I occasionally glance up to from checking my phone during halftime if these 8-13 year old girls don't show back up next year?

Get over yourselves, jump rope team. I thought the response last year was perfectly fine, the crowd was warm, receptive, and appreciative after. Short of throwing them rose bouquets or sealing off the concourses, not sure what they expect.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:41 PM
Major

Gem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant future
Wow, not the responses I thought I would be reading. Seriously, do you guys look for things to offend you?

I seriously didn’t think my post was going to be controversial. Holy cow….. When I was talking to that Firecracker mom, she wasn’t complaining about UD at all. She was just making a point that at some places they have this cult kind of following and people just go nuts for them. Those places always get scheduled first, so that’s why they don’t go to UD every year. She wasn’t complaining about the UD crowd at all. I guess I made it sound that way in my original post so I guess I misrepresented her comments a bit. Talk about having thin skin.

Anyway, all I was trying to do was get a conversation started about halftime shows. I thought people might find the movie stuff interesting and they might want to go see it. I was shocked to learn about how schools like Kentucky really go out of their way for this team etc…etc… that’s it…. I wasn’t looking to stir the pot. Don’t get your panties in a bunch about my off the cuff comment. Man, talk about getting over yourself.

Anyway, I think these girls work really hard and put on a great show… that’s it…. period…. I’m sorry I brought up the topic.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gem City For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (07-29-2015), Gazoo (07-29-2015), Glen Clark (08-02-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 01:47 PM
General

Thanked 5,434 Times in 2,374 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
My sense is that the blue hairs give them the "pat on the head" treatment, not a rousing show of appreciation.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:59 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

IndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeIndianaFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure how much better they could be treated than the standing "O" they have gotten every year I have seen them perform.
Old 07-29-2015, 03:32 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gem City View Post
Wow, not the responses I thought I would be reading. Seriously, do you guys look for things to offend you?

I seriously didn’t think my post was going to be controversial. Holy cow…..
I don't think it was you, I think it was the third-party account, and the "phone game" in action. I mean, I can't believe the 2 year old jump-roper is demanding a limousine driver deliver them to half court, that's ridiculous! (Wait, that's not what you said? Sorry..... )
Old 07-29-2015, 03:35 PM
Major

Watch that IU video. Those people go nuts. They are actually chanting Firecrackers at the end.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-29-2015, 07:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
There is only one halftime act that matters. The Red Panda!!!!!!

She is apparently coming out of retirement(Xavier announced a date she is going to be at Cintas) and UD better have her or I'm going to cancel my season tickets!!!!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfanatic86 (07-30-2015), jack72 (07-30-2015)
Old 07-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly, the initial post did make it sound bad. The way I read it was that unless you pick them up, or give a 5 minute standing "O", you're just not going to get us every year. I know the mom didn't say that exactly, it just came across that way. Everyone has different tastes. I'd take the old Bud Light Daredevils, Red Panda, and Frisbee dogs on a rotating basis, but I applaud them all for their talents.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:22 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
The $s they spend on some of these half time shows is just ridiculous. I go to see basketball... the halftime show is of no importance to me what so ever. Some of the ones they have had were mildly amusing - quick change - red panda.... but I would not spend a red cent on them. They should save a boat load of money and just have the dance team and the marching band perform. That costs us nothing, and nobody is watching anyway!
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Major

Just an FYI, The Firecrackers don't charge anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-30-2015, 10:46 AM
2nd Lieutenant

JK3FlyerFan is on a distinguished road
Towel. Guy.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to JK3FlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
pmcmullen (09-08-2015), UDGutter2 (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 12:02 PM
Major

VirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
The $s they spend on some of these half time shows is just ridiculous. I go to see basketball... the halftime show is of no importance to me what so ever. Some of the ones they have had were mildly amusing - quick change - red panda.... but I would not spend a red cent on them. They should save a boat load of money and just have the dance team and the marching band perform. That costs us nothing, and nobody is watching anyway!
I disagree. Many people around me love the hafttime shows and can't get enough of it. For some, the entertainment is part of the UD arena "experience". Not everyone is 150% basketball like some of us. Money well spent.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to VirgM For This Totally Excellent Post:
College B-Ball Fan (08-10-2015), rollo (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 12:21 PM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by JK3FlyerFan View Post
Towel. Guy.
Read something on him recently not sure if it was here or maybe twitter or maybe DDN. He is growing organic veggies or fruits on a family farm in New Carlisle.

Any halftime show with dogs seems to be popular. I think they had 3 last year.

Halftime shows mean nothing to me but I see little kids get really excited and after all little kids are our future and future donors.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Just an FYI, The Firecrackers don't charge anything.
Posted via Mobile Device
Does UD give them a donation anyways?

OR why do they not announce this, then pass the collection plate down each aisle at the arena?
Old 07-30-2015, 01:49 PM
Major

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
Does UD give them a donation anyways?

OR why do they not announce this, then pass the collection plate down each aisle at the arena?
Well, they have a link on their website that allows people to make donations but they don't really solicit donations. Parents pay the uniforms and travel just like you would for a select soccer or baseball team.

I know some schools will give them a pizza party or a grab bag of candy and stickers etc. The fact is they do not charge and they don't ask for donations. I think that's why Kentucky can justify sending a bus to get them. It's kind of their way of saying thank you and they still probably save money when you compare that to paying a Red Panda or a Bud Light Dunk team.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:07 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

TX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeTX Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
If they dont like the reception then UD can surely find a replacement for that games halftime show. This sounds like a generation stereotype of give me what I want or I won't do anything.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:39 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Well, they have a link on their website that allows people to make donations but they don't really solicit donations. Parents pay the uniforms and travel just like you would for a select soccer or baseball team.

I know all about fees for camps and travel sports. I conservatively estimate we have spent as much as $5K per year for our two kids.

And I realize that most of these girls come from one of the wealthier suburbs in the state.

Yet I would still toss a picture of Lincoln or Hamilton into the collection plate, or better yet the bucket set up behind section # ______. None of us are going to remember to visit the website after their performance.

I realize I am one of the few parents at a youth basketball game that when paying the $2 fee for my wife to enter (I never paid- coaches free), would give them a $5 or $10 and tell them to donate the change to their program. If everyone would do this, we could eliminate candy bar, discount card, t shirt, and all the other fund raisers that are a pain in the butt to deal with.
Mad Props to ClaytonFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (07-30-2015)
Old 07-30-2015, 03:23 PM
1st Lieutenant

pjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of lightpjflyer is a glorious beacon of light
Another vote for Towel Guy. I also enjoy the Frisbee dogs.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:34 PM
1st Lieutenant

UD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to beholdUD94 is a splendid one to behold
2 words: Olate dogs....what they have those dogs do is amazing. I think they have been here the last 2 years...hope they keep coming back.

Red Panda is good too. No more Zooperstars though.
Old 07-30-2015, 03:50 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Missing the point lobbying for better h-time shows

Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
Admittedly I don't get to UD games near enough. But I see plenty of lame halftime shows around Texas. The NCAA wants to speed up the game so they shorten the shot clock. IMO
these athletes don't need 15 minutes rest at half time. We should shorten half time. By the time you hit the head and get a drink, the game would be starting. That would take care of all this hand-wringing about the half time show. College basketball doesn't need a half time show. Give the media 7/8 minutes straight of commercials. Start the game.

Half time is for middle schools and high schools who want to give students more opportunity to participate, ie cheerleaders, dance teams, awards, whatever.

Look around at half time. Everyone has their face in their I-Phones anyway.

2 cents

Last edited by San Diego Flyer; 07-30-2015 at 03:52 PM..
Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TerryK_67 (07-31-2015)
Old 07-31-2015, 07:18 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
Have they ever done an alumni game? Perhaps get some players from the past 15 years to play a 12 minute game in their old unis. At least get the ones who can still fit into them and can run down the floor a few times.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:11 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
CYO Play

Let Boys and Girls Elementary school teams play an 8 minute game. Helps UD recruit from Alter, Carrol and CJ High Schools.
Old 07-31-2015, 09:59 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Alberto Strasse View Post
Let Boys and Girls Elementary school teams play an 8 minute game. Helps UD recruit from Alter, Carrol and CJ High Schools.
Alberto, all for letting the kids on Blackburn court but not sure we need that kind of help to recruit from those 3 places, that the kids having played at the arena would mean anything (when it comes to there recruitment in high school) OR if more importantly at least right now either school has anyone playing at any level that our current Flyers coach would be interested in recruiting?

Do you know?
Old 07-31-2015, 10:53 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
Justin Bibbs

a former CJ player played on the U 19 Gold medal championship team coached by the Miller Brothers and is headed to Virginia Tech. Former UD All-American Don May played at the UD Fieldhouse as a youngster for Holy Angels and had a nice career as a Flyer. I would suggest UD extend the offer to Boys and Girls teams. It would be a "program-related" half time show as opposed to paid entertainment.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:23 PM

Thanked 2,208 Times in 974 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Probably won't be able to get them for this season, but we're working on getting "Up With People" for a halftime teaser in 16-17.
They've done 4 Superbowls. Why not UD Arena.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:31 PM
Major

ohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to allohioflyer is a name known to all
Also like the idea of a grade school or Jr. High BB game 2 4 min quarters.. Also the Celtic dancers have been well received.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:33 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,082 Times in 469 Posts
Piqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant futurePiqua Flyer '66 has a brilliant future
Quick Change is the best
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Piqua Flyer '66 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (08-10-2015), College B-Ball Fan (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 03:06 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
I am squarely in the camp that does not care at all about Halftime Entertainment. I am too busy using my phone to see what is being said on here, checking other scores, and checking out the box for UD.
Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
TerryK_67 (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 06:36 PM

San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
I am squarely in the camp that does not care at all about Halftime Entertainment. I am too busy using my phone to see what is being said on here, checking other scores, and checking out the box for UD.
Apparently we are a very small group, which is a surprise because this comes up every season. Why bother with a python balancing plates while on donkey's back. Save the money for better thing.s
Old 08-10-2015, 06:47 PM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
I am a halftime entertainment fan. I always delay my trip to the Carroll Band Boosters concession stand for my diet Pepsi and tootsie pop until the performance is over.

Anything else is un-American

Last edited by UDEE79; 08-10-2015 at 07:21 PM..
Old 08-10-2015, 07:06 PM

I love your slo-mo game clips. There should be a montage of all of them somewhere.

Next game how about a slo-mo of the half time show?
UDEE79 (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 07:38 PM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
I love your slo-mo game clips. There should be a montage of all of them somewhere.

Next game how about a slo-mo of the half time show?
Ask and ye shall receive

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Mad Props to UDEE79 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (08-10-2015)
Old 08-10-2015, 09:41 PM

omg. I was joking. Regrettably, I rest my case. Sorry dude. I still love the in-game slo-mo.
UDEE79 (08-10-2015)
Old 08-11-2015, 03:18 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

mikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud ofmikeymo85 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
and don't forget getting two refills on your beverage
Mad Props to mikeymo85 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (08-11-2015)
Old 08-12-2015, 09:17 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute
Bring back the Flyerettes!
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (08-13-2015), jack72 (08-13-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-12-2015), UD62 (08-12-2015)