User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-17-2015, 09:27 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Men's Club Lacrosse Team wins MCLA D2 National Championship

Needless to say, great news for our Men's Lacrosse Club Team & UD sports in general as well IMHO! I think it will only add some additional legitimacy to our athletic departments efforts going forward to add Women's D1 Lacrosse!

The championship was played yesterday in Orange, California and the Flyers won 12-11! Congratulations to our Coaches, players and all associated with the TEAM!

Having played for the club team the first 3 years of it's existence (many, many years ago LOL 1979) when we paid for our own tee shirts, put our schedule together against the few teams that had club soccer back then (Wittenberg, Michigan State, Purdue, Miami, Marietta, etc.) this win is pretty special! Spoke to several team mates from the first 3 years last night to let them know about this great news!

UD has had a very, very good club team for awhile now------glad they finally got over the hump!

Go Flyers!

https://twitter.com/DaytonLax

Last edited by College B-Ball Fan; 05-17-2015 at 09:29 AM.. Reason: typo
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to College B-Ball Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (05-17-2015), bobber (05-25-2015), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-17-2015)
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
"With a second-half rally no Flyer will ever forget, Dayton scored seven third quarter goals and held off Concordia down the stretch to capture the MCLA Division II National Championship with a 12-11 victory at Ernie Champman Field.

It’s the first-ever national title for the Flyers program after reaching the semifinals a year ago.

“It’s awesome for these guys. It was our goal coming in,” said a beaming Dayton Head Coach Joe Venturella. “These guys earned it, every bit of it.”

“It feels absolutely amazing. It’s great,” said Adam Wissman, who scored twice for the 6th-seed Flyers. “I gotta thank all the alumni in the past who never did this, I mean this one’s for you guys.”

Top-seed Concordia arrived in the championship game with a perfect 20-0 record. Now the disappointed Eagles finish the season one goal short of expectations with their only loss of the year."
Bat'71 (05-17-2015), College B-Ball Fan (05-17-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,355 Times in 586 Posts
College B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond reputeCollege B-Ball Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up THX

Rollo, thanks so much for that. I've cut and pasted and the info. on the game and the quote's you provided have been sent all over this am including to my room mates on the east coast (Long Island and Jersey naturally) and down south! Pretty cool that that young man mentioned the alum's (because this TEAM clearly did all all the hard work heavy lifting & deserved to win)!

THX again! Go Flyers!

Last edited by College B-Ball Fan; 05-17-2015 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: typo
Mad Props to College B-Ball Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (05-17-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 05:21 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,876 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Here's the entire article that I swear was included in my first post:

http://mcla.us/news/2015/05/dayton-f...-championship/
cj (05-19-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 06:13 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Watch the entire match on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ_BlmAP2Qs

2hrs 9 minutes long....so I downloaded it.

Never seen a Lacrosse game before. Superintendent on the job I am on son plays for his HS team. Says he has heard from several schools including Dayton. Asked as a Texan if he ever heard of Dayton before....he rattled off both the mens and womens elite 8 runs....guess we are news worthy, even deep in the heart of Texas.

http://fouronetwolax.com/2015/05/17/...champs-dayton/

http://laxmagazine.com/multimedia/ph...dirk_dewachter

Last edited by Avid Flyer; 07-25-2015 at 06:19 PM..