UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-07-2023, 08:56 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,354 Times in 2,462 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
2023 Schedule Watch

Time to start looking at who might be on the schedule for this fall’s season. I know who is again at the top of Chris R’s wish list…WKY. I’d like to see us play Creighton. They are consistently 1 or 2 in the Big East with Marquette. So either of those would be good options.

What teams would you like to see us enter into a home-home schedule/contact? List as many as you would like.
Advertisement
Old 04-10-2023, 12:30 PM
Academy Doolie

MadHatterTX will become famous soon enough
TCU or Baylor. I know TCU didn't rank very high on the RPI a few years back, but they've got a new coach who seems to have them pointed in the right direction. Baylor has been ranked in the Top 25 pretty consistently the last few years and is only about an hour south of Dallas. DFW is a hotbed for recruiting, so it'd give us some visibility. Plus it'd make for an easy drive to see the team play. :-)
Old 04-10-2023, 04:46 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
We have played Baylor in the past. 2010 at Minnesota. And I think they came to Dayton a year or two after that. They have gotten much better since then. I think we beat them both times but I’d have to look it up to be sure. In 2010 it would not have been considered an upset. It would be today. We also played SMU a couple years ago in Dallas and got beat. I think that was the year before Covid. It was a match we should have won.

Tulsa might be an option. Their program has gotten better. Several years ago Wichita State would have been a good match. Their program has probably taken a step backwards with the new conference alignment. With a couple TX players and a OK player....all good options.

We have also played a Kansas State in the past - I think both reg season and during spring. Covid changed the spring scheduling. You now have to stay close to home for those competition days. It’s not a problem for us and saves money. We usually play someone in the spring who shows up on that fall’s schedule. This year that could be really anyone of the teams we played, and maybe more than one.

We also might have a home-home contact still out there with Louisville. It would be at Dayton. It got messed up the Covid year but we might have let them out of the match because dates haven’t been open between the two teams, etc. and they were in the national championship mix the last two years and our last two years have been somewhat down years for various reasons like injuries.
Old 05-19-2023, 12:47 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Schedule
https://twitter.com/daytonvb/status/...uSxGTi7VAzSTyA
First up WKU
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-19-2023, 01:22 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
Dang. 3 straight home tournaments to start the season with a home game against Louisville in a mid-week battle.

One away tournament at Northern Iowa with North Dakota and Northern Illinois. Maybe we should call ourselves the "Dayton North Flyers" to fit in.

Still hate the "play 2 games against the same team over 2 days" that we started because of COVID. I get it, it saves on the bus gas from Dayton to Duquesne (seemingly our new travel partner based on mid-week home-and-home). But, we have the final weekend at home against VCU which could be for seeding purposes.

Figgie
Old 05-19-2023, 01:24 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,152 Times in 2,316 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
I'll add that we start the A10 schedule AT Loyola, so that we are book-ended with tough matchups in the A10 conference. Loyola away to start, VCU home to finish.
Old 05-19-2023, 02:02 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,095 Times in 5,100 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
WKU.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
Old 05-19-2023, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
WKU.
Dreams really do come true.
Ask and you shall receive.
When you wish upon a star.

I could go on, but you get it.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (05-19-2023), Glen Clark (05-19-2023), Lifelong Flyer Fan (05-20-2023)
Old 05-20-2023, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Figgie123 View Post
I'll add that we start the A10 schedule AT Loyola, so that we are book-ended with tough matchups in the A10 conference. Loyola away to start, VCU home to finish.
They have 5 new freshmen on their 15 player roster. Might be good to get them first. New coaches at VCU and SLU. Davidson graduated their stud Libero. Add in the unknown of if UD can bounce back to the top after an injury-filled season.
Old 05-24-2023, 07:44 AM

No Big 10 opponent this year. I went back to 2007. We didn’t have a Big on the schedules in 2015 and 2017 either. I was surprised to see we played WKU at an away tournament in 2015. We won 3-0. And again in 2017 at tOSU tournament. We lost that year 1-3.