UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Volleyball > Archived Seasonal Match Threads > 2018 Match Threads

2018 Match Threads Discussion specific to game day and in-game opponents on the schedule.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-25-2018, 12:06 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,412 Times in 2,484 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Ball State

This might be the match of the tournament. We need to play better than last night. For a first match with a lot of freshmen and sophomores on the court we got it done. But we won’t beat VCU playing at that level. So today we move the bar up one or two notches, clean up some mistakes and get better. That should be our goal every week for this very talented group. How fast they develop will determine how far they go.

Marshal takes a set off So Alabama, 26-24, but trail 1-2.
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2018, 05:12 PM
I Am A Statistical God

Thanked 6,172 Times in 2,321 Posts
Figgie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond reputeFiggie123 has a reputation beyond repute
UD wins 3-1. End of 3rd set, Weaver comes in for Pla, basically, because we were out of substitutions. They did their best to bury Alli behind Weaver and Wolf during receive.

I thought House had a rough first set, but she picked it up in the last 2 sets. I'm thinking that Collins will be libero next year. She seemed the best at backrow among the DS's.

Papesh and Moore are going to be good. Can't teach height, right?

There was a play in 4th set where most knowledgeable people thought was a double hit against Ball State. Fans, players and coaches all were up in arms. When UD win the point, Weaver was pulled and pointed at the Ball State player, and the main referee have her a yellow card.

One more for a weekend sweep.
Mad Props to Figgie123 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (08-26-2018)
Old 08-25-2018, 08:58 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
3 games into S Al game, my first chance to watch. Collins is by far bet option for libero next year. Papesh reminds me of a young Aliana Turner.
Team has a lot of potential, buts needs close games to get better.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-25-2018, 09:51 PM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I was traveling in airports most of the day and couldnt always get video, but had ESPN audio for most of Ball State. Then got to see the entire 4th set of So Alabama.

The difference between Marshall match and our final set was amazing. We got better on so many levels. Plenty of room for improvement yet, but all you can do is ask this group to keep getting better and chip away at those things each play needs to work on. We did that a lot this weekend. I was a little nervous after the Marshall match to be honest. I’m much more confident after seeing the last set they played this weekend.

And no one go “ more better” than Brooke Westbeld. She is being asked to do everything. No other player has to do as much as she does. Set, attack, block, serve and dig. We hide her in serve receive so she can take the second touch when she is the setter, but that’s it. And on top of that, being basically our only 6 rotation player unless we are out of subs, I’m sure Horsmon is leaning on her to be a court leader. Boy did she just flatout become a star as the weekend progressed. It will be shocking if she isn’t the Tourney MVP
Old 08-26-2018, 05:31 PM
Captain

UDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the roughUDSpud is a jewel in the rough
MVP - shocked

Sorry BeckysTXA. MVP was Lauren BRUNS. 48 kills for the 3 game tournament on 91 ta's and only 7 te's and a .451%. With no Jamie, someone else will need to score.
Old 08-26-2018, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by UDSpud View Post
Sorry BeckysTXA. MVP was Lauren BRUNS. 48 kills for the 3 game tournament on 91 ta's and only 7 te's and a .451%. With no Jamie, someone else will need to score.
I saw that and you can’t argue with a hitter taking 30 swings a match and hitting over 450 with all those swings. It’s very impressive. But Brooke still did more than anyone this weekend to help Dayton win and she is only going to get better so her recognition will come.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 08-26-2018 at 10:23 PM..