UDPride Discussion Forums    
     

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > STEVEN E. YUHAS MEMORIAL LOUNGE > Off-Topic Gibberish

» Log in
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #601  
Old 10-08-2018, 08:39 PM
Mich Flyer's Avatar
Mich Flyer Mich Flyer is offline
Lieutenant General
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,801
Thanks: 1,623
Thanked 1,765 Times in 1,130 Posts
Mich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMich Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
Those "political activities" are as normal as apple pie. I can't open the Wa Post article re moving to New Zealand...but that sounds nutty in the extreme. I don't believe it. Ansurd.

UAC - it's documented in Wikipedia.
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
  #602  
Old 10-09-2018, 07:16 AM
shocka43's Avatar
shocka43 shocka43 is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: It's hot and there is fire
Posts: 7,317
Thanks: 4,146
Thanked 7,037 Times in 2,994 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
Ford is a married woman with a family and career. From what has been reported the family still is living away from their home. This has been a traumatic event for Ford and her family
And some married women with families and careers are nuts as well.

Look at this from the middle of the road. You take arguments to one extreme or the other extreme and it doesn't pan out.

I am willing to bet that information comes out, over time, to explain Ford and why she did what she did. I have a feeling that somewhere across the line she crossed paths with someone that had ties to political power in CA. Throughout that, her story evolved. From knowing BK in high school to today. Your guess is as good as mine to fill in the blanks over the last 35+ years. I have a feeling she did fill in the blanks and there happened to be political collateral along the way.

I can think of a ton of reasons why someone would come out of the woodwork with claims. You keep mentioning Ford in this and that she has gone through so much. Quit basing this on Ford and legitimizing her unfounded claims. She went through hell because the democratic party put her through hell and used her. This wasn't in Ford's plan. This is precisely why it took so much time for her head to get out of the sand and get to DC. Democrats knew they had to parade her in front of cameras and the public. She wasn't afforded what victims of sexual assault should be afforded. She wasn't afforded that because the democrats didn't make it available to her as that would hurt their case and take away from the sensationalism.

I do feel for Ford. I think she is mentally ill. Watching the news last night my wife, when Ford was on, said "she looks kind of crazy". Another female stating that. This isn't some woman bashing male making these statements. It was someone making a "judgement" (which yes, can be very wrong at times) based on the observations they witnessed in her mannerisms and behavior. Not because she was a white female, blonde hair, testifying before the senate. Her behaviors were not normal when I first watched them, her form of answering indicated to me that something wasn't right, etc. I can spot a BSer and a liar from a mile away. She either is ill and believed what she was saying to be true, is a flat out liar, or simply is very confused. I don't believe her to be a flat out liar, I believe she was coached by someone in the last month on how this was going to play out and she didn't know what was happening to her.

There are many people who are educated and lose their way. There are many people who don't feel the effects of mental illness along the way. The selling of her past in no way determines her future behavior. If this is the case, have all of these so called "left winged nut jobs" that are running around always been nuts, or did the conditioning of their minds since Trump was elected? You need to look at how people have been molded by social media, the MSM, institutions and groups they are a part of, etc. Ford very well may have been a perfectly well off, highly educated, etc individual for the longest time, only to have her views of "reality" fall off the rails due to the same reasons it happened to nut job protesters. All of these people that became unhinged weren't unhinged the last 20 years.

It works both ways. The extreme right tea baggers that came out of the woodwork under Obama were a problem as well. Why did they turn nuts? They weren't nuts under GWB. They came off the hinges because of the mental conditioning that social media and the MSM project. I know people personally that believed what Infowars was selling and would sit there and argue with a right leaning Independent all day long about this off the wall stuff. Some of them attempted to be champions of anti-government anything, to include education, infrastructure projects, or anything that had to do with taxes. You know, extortion by the government...because who in their right minds needs schools, police, fire, roads, water, sewer.

This isn't a right/left argument. This is common sense. Both parties have there extreme individuals that are puppets. Ford happened to be a puppet in this case the the democrats used the hell out of her.
Reply With Quote
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to shocka43 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (10-09-2018), JimBo (10-09-2018)
  #603  
Old 10-09-2018, 09:14 AM
UACFlyer UACFlyer is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,604
Thanks: 3,233
Thanked 3,797 Times in 2,301 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
All well reasoned...

Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
And some married women with families and careers are nuts as well.

Look at this from the middle of the road. You take arguments to one extreme or the other extreme and it doesn't pan out.

I am willing to bet that information comes out, over time, to explain Ford and why she did what she did. I have a feeling that somewhere across the line she crossed paths with someone that had ties to political power in CA. Throughout that, her story evolved. From knowing BK in high school to today. Your guess is as good as mine to fill in the blanks over the last 35+ years. I have a feeling she did fill in the blanks and there happened to be political collateral along the way.

I can think of a ton of reasons why someone would come out of the woodwork with claims. You keep mentioning Ford in this and that she has gone through so much. Quit basing this on Ford and legitimizing her unfounded claims. She went through hell because the democratic party put her through hell and used her. This wasn't in Ford's plan. This is precisely why it took so much time for her head to get out of the sand and get to DC. Democrats knew they had to parade her in front of cameras and the public. She wasn't afforded what victims of sexual assault should be afforded. She wasn't afforded that because the democrats didn't make it available to her as that would hurt their case and take away from the sensationalism.

I do feel for Ford. I think she is mentally ill. Watching the news last night my wife, when Ford was on, said "she looks kind of crazy". Another female stating that. This isn't some woman bashing male making these statements. It was someone making a "judgement" (which yes, can be very wrong at times) based on the observations they witnessed in her mannerisms and behavior. Not because she was a white female, blonde hair, testifying before the senate. Her behaviors were not normal when I first watched them, her form of answering indicated to me that something wasn't right, etc. I can spot a BSer and a liar from a mile away. She either is ill and believed what she was saying to be true, is a flat out liar, or simply is very confused. I don't believe her to be a flat out liar, I believe she was coached by someone in the last month on how this was going to play out and she didn't know what was happening to her.

There are many people who are educated and lose their way. There are many people who don't feel the effects of mental illness along the way. The selling of her past in no way determines her future behavior. If this is the case, have all of these so called "left winged nut jobs" that are running around always been nuts, or did the conditioning of their minds since Trump was elected? You need to look at how people have been molded by social media, the MSM, institutions and groups they are a part of, etc. Ford very well may have been a perfectly well off, highly educated, etc individual for the longest time, only to have her views of "reality" fall off the rails due to the same reasons it happened to nut job protesters. All of these people that became unhinged weren't unhinged the last 20 years.

It works both ways. The extreme right tea baggers that came out of the woodwork under Obama were a problem as well. Why did they turn nuts? They weren't nuts under GWB. They came off the hinges because of the mental conditioning that social media and the MSM project. I know people personally that believed what Infowars was selling and would sit there and argue with a right leaning Independent all day long about this off the wall stuff. Some of them attempted to be champions of anti-government anything, to include education, infrastructure projects, or anything that had to do with taxes. You know, extortion by the government...because who in their right minds needs schools, police, fire, roads, water, sewer.

This isn't a right/left argument. This is common sense. Both parties have there extreme individuals that are puppets. Ford happened to be a puppet in this case the the democrats used the hell out of her.
While your argument is well reasoned and possibly correct, I'll repeat, Fords academic and professional accomplishments over a long period of time are not consistent with a flake or a person that has mental problems. Serious mental or emotional problems pose a major obstacle to achieving the highly successful academic and professional life Ford has led for decades.

I did feel that Ford appeared to be an emotionally fragile person. But even that is hard to understand given her exceptional academic and professional success. I don't recall anyone coming forward to describe Ford as strange, peculiar or eccentric in any way...I mean former college classmates, students she taught, colleagues she worked with over the years.

There are many really strange and apparently inconsistent aspects to this story. Hard to understand.
Reply With Quote
  #604  
Old 10-09-2018, 09:17 AM
Fudd Fudd is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,839
Thanks: 2,548
Thanked 5,815 Times in 2,798 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
While your argument is well reasoned and possibly correct, I'll repeat, Fords academic and professional accomplishments over a long period of time are not consistent with a flake or a person that has mental problems. Serious mental or emotional problems pose a major obstacle to achieving the highly successful academic and professional life Ford has led for decades.

I did feel that Ford appeared to be an emotionally fragile person. But even that is hard to understand given her exceptional academic and professional success. I don't recall anyone coming forward to describe Ford as strange, peculiar or eccentric in any way...I mean former college classmates, students she taught, colleagues she worked with over the years.

There are many really strange and apparently inconsistent aspects to this story. Hard to understand.
What are Fords academic and professional accomplishments? How do those rule out having mental issues? Just asking, because you claim it is self-evident.
Reply With Quote
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bat'71 (10-09-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (10-09-2018), longtimefan (10-09-2018)
  #605  
Old 10-09-2018, 09:28 AM
rollo's Avatar
rollo rollo is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: IndianWarriorPlex
Posts: 12,875
Thanks: 12,760
Thanked 11,452 Times in 5,128 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
While your argument is well reasoned and possibly correct, I'll repeat, Fords academic and professional accomplishments over a long period of time are not consistent with a flake or a person that has mental problems.
The two are unrelated.

I know of plenty of PhD's that are nuts, including 1 at a very, very high position at our U of D who pick fights at youth, Jr High and HS events, has flipped off (as coach) opponents and fans and who get her kid kicked off of her HS sports team for being an absolute idiot in the stands.

Education be ****ed...it's not a sign of sanity.
__________________
"The noblest art is that of making others happy." P.T. Barnum
Reply With Quote
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rollo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (10-09-2018), ClaytonFlyerFan (10-09-2018), TA111 (10-09-2018)
  #606  
Old 10-09-2018, 09:41 AM
CE80's Avatar
CE80 CE80 is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 6,169
Thanks: 4,289
Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,430 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
While your argument is well reasoned and possibly correct, I'll repeat, Fords academic and professional accomplishments over a long period of time are not consistent with a flake or a person that has mental problems. Serious mental or emotional problems pose a major obstacle to achieving the highly successful academic and professional life Ford has led for decades.

I did feel that Ford appeared to be an emotionally fragile person. But even that is hard to understand given her exceptional academic and professional success. I don't recall anyone coming forward to describe Ford as strange, peculiar or eccentric in any way...I mean former college classmates, students she taught, colleagues she worked with over the years.

There are many really strange and apparently inconsistent aspects to this story. Hard to understand.
UAC - it is time to quit. I'm not say Ford has any mental issues but some people with mental issues do a real good job at hiding/disguising them.
__________________
Winner 2018 UD Pride NCAA Tournament Bracket Pool
Reply With Quote
  #607  
Old 10-09-2018, 09:47 AM
TA111 TA111 is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,645
Thanks: 1,430
Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,121 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
The two are unrelated.

I know of plenty of PhD's that are nuts, including 1 at a very, very high position at our U of D who pick fights at youth, Jr High and HS events, has flipped off (as coach) opponents and fans and who get her kid kicked off of her HS sports team for being an absolute idiot in the stands.

Education be ****ed...it's not a sign of sanity.
Exactly. We see many “highly educated” people who are nuts all the time. Just look at today’s leftists.
Reply With Quote
  #608  
Old 10-09-2018, 10:20 AM
Avid Flyer's Avatar
Avid Flyer Avid Flyer is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,558
Thanks: 3,463
Thanked 3,652 Times in 1,865 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Ford was part of a study concerning victims and used hypnosis to help create or bring out an event or events the person may have repressed. The results are not necessarily accurate in detail but that is not the aim. The aim is to bring to the forefront an event that they then can reprogram over time to help the person deal with the trauma or event.
I personally witnessed in action back in the 70s where a soldier could not handle the fact he didn't save his close friend who died in battle. Through many hypnotic sessions he was reprogrammed to see him rescuing his friend who later died at hospital. It relieved the guilt he felt plus knowing he did all he could yet his friend died from injuries.
Ford was part of her study, some feel her peers used this technique on her before she came to DC. Which could explain her not remembering much other than Kavanaugh. Not enough time to bring out more info if that was even their goal. It also explains her little girl voice since this technique takes you back in time.
Also remember she is an activist attending Palo Alto population 79 % female with feminist and socialist circular.

Last edited by Avid Flyer; 10-09-2018 at 10:24 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #609  
Old 10-09-2018, 10:35 AM
UACFlyer UACFlyer is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 10,604
Thanks: 3,233
Thanked 3,797 Times in 2,301 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Creds and accomplishments

Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
What are Fords academic and professional accomplishments? How do those rule out having mental issues? Just asking, because you claim it is self-evident.
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
The two are unrelated.

I know of plenty of PhD's that are nuts, including 1 at a very, very high position at our U of D who pick fights at youth, Jr High and HS events, has flipped off (as coach) opponents and fans and who get her kid kicked off of her HS sports team for being an absolute idiot in the stands.

Education be ****ed...it's not a sign of sanity.
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
UAC - it is time to quit. I'm not say Ford has any mental issues but some people with mental issues do a real good job at hiding/disguising them.
Re Ford's creds: She has a BS from UNC at Chapel Hill, Masters from Pepperdine and Stanford and a PHD from USC....all top flight schools. She has written a book and several book chapters and has a record of publication in professional journals.

Earning the graduate degrees Ford holds required intelligence, hard work and mental/emotional stability. And work record also reflects that.

Now that doesn't mean an otherwise accomplished person cannot develop emotional and mental problems later in life. But if that is the case here it's reasonable to suppose that many of Ford's students, colleagues, friends and acquaintances know about it. As far as I know, none have come forward.

We have said that there is no proof or corroboration of any kind re alleged bad Kavanaugh behavior....but there is evidence of a solid career as a judge.

Shouldn't Ford receive the same courtesy, i.e., there is no proof of bad behavior or relevant illness on her part....just a solid career of achievement in academia.

That's all I'm pointing out. Her story is strange and very odd, for sure.
Reply With Quote
  #610  
Old 10-09-2018, 11:13 AM
shocka43's Avatar
shocka43 shocka43 is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: It's hot and there is fire
Posts: 7,317
Thanks: 4,146
Thanked 7,037 Times in 2,994 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
Re Ford's creds: She has a BS from UNC at Chapel Hill, Masters from Pepperdine and Stanford and a PHD from USC....all top flight schools. She has written a book and several book chapters and has a record of publication in professional journals.

Earning the graduate degrees Ford holds required intelligence, hard work and mental/emotional stability. And work record also reflects that.

Now that doesn't mean an otherwise accomplished person cannot develop emotional and mental problems later in life. But if that is the case here it's reasonable to suppose that many of Ford's students, colleagues, friends and acquaintances know about it. As far as I know, none have come forward.

We have said that there is no proof or corroboration of any kind re alleged bad Kavanaugh behavior....but there is evidence of a solid career as a judge.

Shouldn't Ford receive the same courtesy, i.e., there is no proof of bad behavior or relevant illness on her part....just a solid career of achievement in academia.

That's all I'm pointing out. Her story is strange and very odd, for sure.
Your arguments seem to be all over the place. One paragraph you agree and another you disagree.

Mental illness doesn't manifest itself on a person in the same way. It may not be at birth, it may develop over time, it may be related to chemical dependency, it may be because of environmental factors, it may be due to spending too much time on social media, it could be because of abuse...the list goes on and on.

What causes anyone to snap? The Vegas shooter may have had money troubles, but other than that...there is nothing...nada...that explains the acts he carried out.

OJ seemed normal until he snapped. I have seen more suicides in my life than I would like to count where there were NO signs of anything. No mental illness, no financial issues, relationship issues, etc. Something was going on that no one knew about. People don't open up and talk to people all of the time. Ask any cop who fails to talk to someone when **** gets to them. I will bet 2 out of every 100 actually have talked to someone and I guarantee that mild to severe un-diagnosed PTSD sits with over half of all of them. The same goes for military, fire, EMS, etc.

Her educational resume speaks nothing as to her mental state. I have met plenty of educated people that are common sense idiots, half mental because they actually believe some of the indoctrinated garbage they spew at certain events in front of certain crowds. Someone referenced a doctor on social media yesterday regarding the "see i told you" regarding vaccinating your child. I then did a simple google search of this "doctor". Well, low and behold the guy is nuts and people believe him.

You are missing that Ford is "absent" of anything related to mental illness. Well, she has been to therapy, as there are people that want her records released regarding her counseling sessions. Does she suffer from mental illness? Or is it just a simple case of she and her husband not getting along? She admittedly suffers from some sort of issues related to "closed spaces", "air travel", "needs two front doors"...now...claustrophobia doesn't translate to mental illness, but needing two front doors is odd as hell and leads me to believe that there is something there.

Who has come out publicly and stated anything one way or another to benefit Ford? Do you think her students are going to come forward and state Ford is a little nutty? She has protections with her shrink/counselors. I had professors that were weird as hell and most likely a little nuts. Hung out with some of them outside of a classroom setting. Strange as all get out. Much of it wasn't even tied to documented mental illness as much as it is their belief structure and convincing themselves that their world is a reality based on their indoctrinated world of academia they live in. There is nothing to say that this isn't the same case with Ford. Liberal institutions of higher learning have a way of doing this that I don't think needs expanded on further. Luckily some of use made it out alive and not brainwashed by liberal teachings of liberal arts schools.

I don't care what either one of their achievements were when the hearings started, just as I didn't care about Comey's resume that you wanted to crucify me for. I based my views on him based on his statements. I cared about what they had to say, and I didn't buy her story. When I look at their statements, she received the same exact treatment by me as Kavanaugh. She actually received a little more beneficial treatment from me given the situation. Unfortunately for her, the totality of the ENTIRE ball of wax doesn't add up. As you stated, "her story is very odd"...yes it is...and for that, there is a reason.
Reply With Quote
  #611  
Old 10-09-2018, 11:48 AM
Medford Medford is offline
Lieutenant General
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Dayton
Posts: 4,275
Thanks: 437
Thanked 2,558 Times in 1,281 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
UAC, being highly educated, and professionally successful does not make one's character of high value, just ask the unabomber.


Being poorly educated and professionally nothing, does not make one's character of low value, I know many people that don't have much more than a high school education and are scrapping to get by but would gladly hand you the shirt off their back if it meant helping out a friend or someone in need.


What we do know about Ford is that there are a ton of holes in her story, I've seen several reports that would indicate that some of those holes are actually right out lies. Does not make her any less educated, in the same regard that being highly educated can't make her go off the rails.


Here is what I know, she had so many holes in her story, that even if she was telling the truth, there is no way any prosecutor could bring it in front of a judge (short of bias against the accused). It feels like she was used and abused by the left, not in the search for truth, but in the hopes that they could delay, delay, delay.
Reply With Quote
  #612  
Old 10-09-2018, 01:51 PM
TA111 TA111 is offline
Major General
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,645
Thanks: 1,430
Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,121 Posts
TA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond reputeTA111 has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ord/1537878002
Great article in USA Today from a sexual assault victim. Have the right to be heard, but not blindly followed. A little common sense.
Reply With Quote
  #613  
Old 10-11-2018, 10:10 AM
ud2's Avatar
ud2 ud2 is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 11,771
Thanks: 4,117
Thanked 3,346 Times in 2,208 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
God help us. None of any of this has anything to do with the details of the incidents. It has everything to do with each trying to forward their own political ideology and be in control.

The Dems throwing whatever they can to stop Kavanaugh appointment. Trump now senses that enough people are fed up with the Dems, so he goes on the attack.

I don't see any end to any of this - and I am not just talking about the Supreme Court. We are in trouble.
We were in more trouble before IMO with the GOP rolling over in the face of Dem attacks. Trump is willing to fight back.

Trump is the first GOP president that has ever fought back to this degree.

It is not healthy for one side to continually roll over, people need to hear the other side.
Reply With Quote
  #614  
Old 10-11-2018, 11:08 AM
Fudd Fudd is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,839
Thanks: 2,548
Thanked 5,815 Times in 2,798 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
We were in more trouble before IMO with the GOP rolling over in the face of Dem attacks. Trump is willing to fight back.

Trump is the first GOP president that has ever fought back to this degree.

It is not healthy for one side to continually roll over, people need to hear the other side.
Trump fights back with bold ideas and is not cowed or afraid. That is saving the country, IMO. The political left has never seen anything that audacious. They do not know how to reason an effective argument against him. They are in a debate with different rules that they don't know how to win. No politician has dared to meet their rhetoric head-on before. Out of exasperation, and a lack of a reasoned argument against his policies, they are going the way of harassment and violence against those who have conservative views.

I think the Democrats are just at a complete loss of ideas of how to combat Trumps success. How do you say, "He's lying, and he can't bring those jobs back" anymore?

Last edited by Fudd; 10-11-2018 at 11:38 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #615  
Old Yesterday, 10:15 AM
Fudd Fudd is offline
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 8,839
Thanks: 2,548
Thanked 5,815 Times in 2,798 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.1

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertisement System V2.6 By   Branden

     
 
Copyright 1996-2012 UDPride.com. All Rights Reserved.