User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-04-2018, 08:10 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,735 Times in 1,009 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Loyola proved you don't need a superstar big. He filled a great role for them, but he wasn't a superstar.
Not a superstar big from a star and recruiting standpoint but plenty of top 20 teams would take him tomorrow and plug him in. UD should be so lucky to get him..
Advertisement
Old 04-04-2018, 08:43 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Radar View Post
He's going to be...are you kidding me? He has senior post moves and footwork and only a freshman!
I didn't project what he could be, only what he is right now. He's not a superstar, but he filled a great role for them. That he may eventually turn out really good isn't the point.
Old 04-04-2018, 08:50 AM
Major General

steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't project what he could be, only what he is right now. He's not a superstar, but he filled a great role for them. That he may eventually turn out really good isn't the point.
LOL.There might be 6-7 absolute superstar players in all of D1 and 3-4 of them were freshman. Of course, he's not a superstar so you need to let go of that. I think everyone would be thrilled if he was playing at UD.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
LOL.There might be 6-7 absolute superstar players in all of D1 and 3-4 of them were freshman. Of course, he's not a superstar so you need to let go of that. I think everyone would be thrilled if he was playing at UD.
Give me Krutwig and Louden Love (Wright State) for the next 3 years and I like my chances in the A10...and beyond. Both have excellent footwork, post moves, rebounding skills...and are space eaters.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-10-2018), rollo (04-04-2018), steve (04-04-2018), TommyGola (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 09:24 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,763 Times in 928 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Krutwig is what the vast majority of college basketball teams simply don't have. A true center with back to the basket moves, a hook shot, the ability to finish, and the ability to pass well.

He could obviously improve his body and his jumper, but the fact that he is only a freshman is INSANE.

I can think of only one UD player during my stint as a fan (2004 onward) who comes close to Krutwig and that would obviously be Big Steve. Steve was not nearly as polished (especially as a true freshman), but he had the potential, the size, and he was a fierce rim protector and shotblocker.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:02 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,315 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I totally agree everyone would be thrilled if he was here, and he will continue to get better. However I'm not sure how many would have been thrilled if we had recruited him at 6'9" 300 lbs. and out of shape. Loyola did a nice job of getting him to lose some weight and get in shape.
Old 04-04-2018, 10:27 AM
Major General

Originally Posted by CT Flyer View Post
I totally agree everyone would be thrilled if he was here, and he will continue to get better. However I'm not sure how many would have been thrilled if we had recruited him at 6'9" 300 lbs. and out of shape. Loyola did a nice job of getting him to lose some weight and get in shape.
I would have been fine with it. I was ecstatic when they signed Big Steve. Excited what I had heard about him and more excited by the other schools showing real interest in him later on. This is the part of the crap shoot in recruiting and development the staff needs to do. Archie took a shot at an overweight and OOS Big Steve and it was paying off big-time. Very few of these BIGS are finished products the day they hit college for the first time. You hire a great S&C staff...

UD is not good enough to have their pick of the litter in players and never has been. Crystal ball and development will always be crucial to their success as in most teams..
Old 04-04-2018, 10:51 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
I dare say with 13 scholarships, a couple can be devoted toward a "project" bigs. Get nothing out of them in their first year. A little something in year 2.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:08 AM
Major General

And well worth it for a school like UD. They only get players (whether they really know it or not at the time) that plan on being 4 year players anyways should they fit the UD model. Plenty of ROI still on a BIG project who does really does nothing his first couple years except work hard and buy into the program and by scoping out these players correctly, and being a bit fortunate, they may contribute mightily early-on like the Wright State kid and Loyola kid..

Last edited by steve; 04-04-2018 at 02:03 PM..
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 01:43 PM

TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
What am I letting go of. I made a simple comment about him not being a superstar but fitting exactly what Loyola needed. I think some people need to check their reading comprehension.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:52 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,748 Times in 790 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
What am I letting go of. I made a simple comment about him not being a superstar but fitting exactly what Loyola needed. I think some people need to check their reading comprehension.
I think most of us got it. I agree that what skills he brought to the table this year was good enough to get them to the final four. He was not great but didn’t need to be. In other words, we don’t need bigs like what even Nova has as some have suggested to be highly successful in the tourney.

I think AG gets that and who he appears to be focusing on in his recruitment seems to agree with that. He wants as many players as he can get, hopefully with length, skills, speed and heart without worrying about how many 3s 4s and 5s we have. Get his guys and then lace em up and go to battle.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TXFlyerFan (04-04-2018)
Old 04-04-2018, 02:31 PM
Major General

Who's on first....We KNOW he's not a superstar but you keep alluding to the premise that "he's not a superstar" as if that's an issue. You act like we believe he's one. We get it, okay?
Old 04-04-2018, 03:26 PM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Loudon Love was another guy that really got into shape his redshirt year. He lost over 50lbs apparently
Old 04-04-2018, 04:16 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Who's on first....We KNOW he's not a superstar but you keep alluding to the premise that "he's not a superstar" as if that's an issue. You act like we believe he's one. We get it, okay?
Steve: I think the message is this...he will not be an NBA center, but he is better than most centers outside of the P-5, and he is only a freshman. With three more years of conditioning and coaching him up, he will be a very good center by his senior year.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:43 PM
Captain

RamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud ofRamodWaleskowski has much to be proud of
Didn't big Steve come in at or near 300 pounds? Call me crazy but I remember him shedding a ton of weight going into his redshirt freshman season.
Old 04-05-2018, 08:46 AM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Didn't big Steve come in at or near 300 pounds? Call me crazy but I remember him shedding a ton of weight going into his redshirt freshman season.
And the counter example would be Big Des....
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 08:54 AM
General of the Air Force

CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TerryK_67 View Post
And the counter example would be Big Des....
Counter ... you mean like lunch counter?
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (04-05-2018), OSU Flyer (04-05-2018), TerryK_67 (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 10:13 AM
Lieutenant General

CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RamodWaleskowski View Post
Oh I'm not saying it can't happen I'm just saying I bet many on this board would not have been excited about the recruitment of a 300 lb. white guy who wasn't drawing interest from any big schools.
Old 04-05-2018, 10:39 AM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Recruiting restarts at noon today.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-06-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 01:05 PM

April 5(Noon) - April 18, recruiting period except April 9-12 dead period
April 11 - May 16 - Regular period NLI (expect some signings here)
April 19 - July 5, Quiet period except April 20-22, 27-29 Evaluation period, NBA Draft Combine, and May 17-25 Dead period
July 6 - 31 Dead period except 11-15, 18-22, 25-29 Evaluation periods

UD First summer session starts May 11
UD Second summer session June 22
Old 04-05-2018, 05:53 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh I'm not saying it can't happen I'm just saying I bet many on this board would not have been excited about the recruitment of a 300 lb. white guy who wasn't drawing interest from any big schools.
What does white have to do with it?

300 lbs. and fat is...................300 lbs. and fat.
Old 04-05-2018, 05:57 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
What does white have to do with it?

300 lbs. and fat is...................300 lbs. and fat.
Some people view white guys, especially out of shape ones, as inferior basketball players. As a matter of fact the day after the national championship I heard a host on ESPNU Radio say DiVincenzo is sneaky athletic to which the other host said that's code for he's white and I can't believe he can jump like that. Unfortunately that is the perception by lots of people.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (04-05-2018), Flyer 86 (04-06-2018), jack72 (04-06-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 06:20 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Some people view white guys, especially out of shape ones, as inferior basketball players. As a matter of fact the day after the national championship I heard a host on ESPNU Radio say DiVincenzo is sneaky athletic to which the other host said that's code for he's white and I can't believe he can jump like that. Unfortunately that is the perception by lots of people.
It's a thing...

https://youtu.be/z6Q3Na_mINg?t=31
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-05-2018)
Old 04-05-2018, 06:22 PM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Oh i fully agree with you. Its a stereotype. Just like the stereotype,athletic black QB's aren't smart. Thats garbage too, look at Russell Wilson,RG3,Warren Moon etc.

Now imagine a sportscaster saying Lamar Jackson is sneaky smart, and his co-host saying thats code for he's black and i can't believe he can think like that.

Until people disregard color completely nothing will change.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (04-05-2018), Flyer 86 (04-06-2018), MNFats (04-05-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 11:07 AM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
@JucoRecruiting
Apr 4
More
Just got off the phone with 6'6 SG Brandon Mahan (Qualifier) of Chipola JC

His final list is Texas A&M, Ole Miss and Auburn

He visits Texas A&M this week, Ole Miss the following week and working on dates for his visit to Auburn
Old 04-06-2018, 11:10 AM
General

new name per twitter, 2018 Triton College (IL) F/C Courtese Cooper. Qualifier with three years to play. Triton were the JUCO D2 national champions.
Old 04-06-2018, 11:15 AM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
Oh i fully agree with you. Its a stereotype. Just like the stereotype,athletic black QB's aren't smart. Thats garbage too, look at Russell Wilson,RG3,Warren Moon etc.

Now imagine a sportscaster saying Lamar Jackson is sneaky smart, and his co-host saying thats code for he's black and i can't believe he can think like that.

Until people disregard color completely nothing will change.

I disagree, may be the non-pc opinion but a lot of stereotypes have numbers and statistics to back them up. There's always exceptions. The NBA is proof of that.

You can never disregard color when statistics show otherwise. Where I'm sure we agree is color shouldn't be regarded as a negative or discriminatory thing. However to act like black people aren't much better than white people on average is crazy talk.
Mad Props to shwag33 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-06-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 05:45 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by shwag33 View Post
I disagree, may be the non-pc opinion but a lot of stereotypes have numbers and statistics to back them up. There's always exceptions. The NBA is proof of that.

You can never disregard color when statistics show otherwise. Where I'm sure we agree is color shouldn't be regarded as a negative or discriminatory thing. However to act like black people aren't much better than white people on average is crazy talk.
Mine isn't a PC opinion either. Mine's an opinion. The day i conform to PC is the day hell freezes over. Just tired of hearing about "white" this and that and "black" this and that. I usually like hijacking threads to **** off the mods, not this time.

Back to originally scheduled programming.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-10-2018)
Old 04-06-2018, 06:37 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 754 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. Did this ever go south? We have now sunk to black people are better at basketball. Absolute garbage. I could care less about PC. I do care about a lack of critical thought and bare racism. So, there are more black players than white players at the highest level of the game. You don't just leap to the conclusion that black people are naturally better at basketball. In the same way, we don't assume that white kids are better at lacrosse and hockey. The truth reflects participation at the youth level. The truth reflects that kids tend to participate in sports their parents played. Is there a socio economic tie to sport participation? Absolutely. Are financial barriers higher in some sports than others? Absolutely. Is there a great deal of iniquity in how wealth is distributed? Absolutely. Do the math.
Old 04-06-2018, 07:33 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,325 Times in 444 Posts
Runnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond reputeRunnin' Rebel has a reputation beyond repute
Excuse me... I must have gotten lost - is this the 2018 recruitng thread?
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Runnin' Rebel For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (04-06-2018), Flyer69ers (04-06-2018), flyerfan4life (04-06-2018), Sea Bass (04-06-2018), UDGutter2 (04-06-2018)
Old 04-07-2018, 03:25 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by DallasFlyer View Post
https://www.prephoops.com/2018/03/un...-land-d-offer/

Kid is a winner who plays with a chip on his shoulder. There'd be outrage for sure if Dayton went after him, given that he's got no other D1 offers, and there's the medical stuff... but literally everyone that sees him walks away thinking this kid is just too good to be playing D2. Seems like a chance worth taking. I'd love to see him at Dayton.
Sincere Carry just committed to Duquesne. Interesting.

https://twitter.com/highmajorscoop/status/982698693894856708?s=21
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2018, 05:55 PM
General

@scottybscout
2h2 hours ago
More
Wabash Valley CC PF Austin Trice @1AAtrice has committed to Kansas State
Old 04-07-2018, 05:56 PM
General

Originally Posted by THirt View Post
Sincere Carry just committed to Duquesne. Interesting.

https://twitter.com/highmajorscoop/s...894856708?s=21
Posted via Mobile Device
Dambrot is going to be running some people off scholarship this year and over the next couple. 5 transfers eligible and 6 man freshmen class
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-10-2018), ruechalgrin (04-07-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 02:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,484 Times in 810 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
I keep coming here expecting to see a "Welcome to the family" thread for someone.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (04-09-2018)
Old 04-09-2018, 03:01 PM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
I keep coming here expecting to see a "Welcome to the family" thread for someone.
At least I'm not the only one. I expected one or two by now. Patience is not a strength of mine...
Old 04-09-2018, 03:29 PM

Nothing official will be announced until at least the 11th. The only thing you'd hear at the moment is an unofficial from the athlete. Have to imagine that all the transfers open up a lot of slots at schools and many of the unsigned seniors start getting hit up for visits so it takes a bit of time.
Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 10:34 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,037 Times in 2,598 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Bummer... #1 JuCo G Wendell Mitchell is headed to Texas A&M
Old 04-10-2018, 10:42 AM
General

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Bummer... #1 JuCo G Wendell Mitchell is headed to Texas A&M
He's got a kid living there so this was always gonna be a tough pull
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 10:56 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,557 Times in 2,451 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
https://twitter.com/ezbuckschuck/sta...52620003868672
He says he does not have a child.
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (04-10-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 04:47 PM
General

Indian Hills guard Shane Gatling has been named to the 1st team @NJCAA Division I Men’s Basketball All-American squad.
Old 04-11-2018, 03:15 PM
General

@Sean__Bock
Serrel Smith to Maryland
Old 04-11-2018, 03:52 PM

I have to believe one of two scenarios is playing out for recruiting PG

1. We are seriously trying to land Neftali Alvarez for 2018
2. We are trying to land a grad transfer PG to fill a year and hope we get Tre Mann or Kira Lewis for 2019

I'm sure there are other scenarios playing out and will be interesting to see where we fall on this.
Old 04-11-2018, 04:41 PM
General

I don't think we're pursing Neftali or any freshman PGs right now. I think they are looking at a JUCO combo guard to back up Crutcher and then go PG in the next class
Old 04-11-2018, 05:55 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,763 Times in 928 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by OSU Flyer View Post
I don't think we're pursing Neftali or any freshman PGs right now. I think they are looking at a JUCO combo guard to back up Crutcher and then go PG in the next class
I find it hard to believe that any PG option would be off the table. Unless AG takes Cohill's "combo guard" label seriously and expects him to eat minutes there.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:57 PM

Juco doesn't make as much sense if you are trying to land Lewis or Mann. I doubt they would want to be #3 on the depth chart and what JUCO would want to come in with 2 years knowing their senior year they could end up #3 on the depth chart. That's why a grad transfer makes more sense to me. Of course, you get what you get, but seems a bit off to have Crutcher as a jr, a JUCO (now sr), and an incoming, highly touted freshman.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (04-11-2018), springborofan (04-11-2018)
Old 04-11-2018, 06:14 PM
General

I think the idea is the JUCO would be a combo so he'd get minutes at other guard spots too. I think that's what Wendell Mitchell was and Shane Gatling is. Could play 10 minutes at point in spot duty and then play off of the ball. They next year they'd just be a regular guard who could play point in an emergency

I agree a grad transfer is the way to go but I think that's tough competition and we don't seem to be pursuing many especially the 1 year back up types like Larry Austin. From what I can tell the focus seems to be more on the JUCO front

We live in a world of positionless basketball but there's still only one ball handler. I don't see Neftali Alvarez or another freshman true PG coming here to play behind Crutcher for 3 years.

Mann is such a long shot (getting a Florida kid with a Florida offer out of SEC/ACC country). I think the likely thing is we get a PG like Joe Toussiant who needs some seasoning his first year for 2019
Flyer 86 (04-14-2018), TXFlyerFan (04-11-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 01:55 PM
General

JucoRecruiting.com

@JucoRecruiting
3h3 hours ago
More
Indian Hills Update:

6’4 Shane Gatling has visit to Colorado
Old 04-12-2018, 02:52 PM
General

TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
I find it hard to believe that any PG option would be off the table. Unless AG takes Cohill's "combo guard" label seriously and expects him to eat minutes there.
Perhaps other Priders have seen such a thing, but I don't see a lot of good "combo" guards out there. Point guard is such a specialty today in terms of running the offense, dribble penetrating, and kicking out, that it is very difficult to be substantially good at both. I am sure there are some aberrations to my thoughts, and I would like to hear them.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:50 PM
1st Lieutenant

Shawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of lightShawnee2 is a glorious beacon of light
Why on Gods green earth do some of you folks think the keys to the team have been handed to Jalen?? He had a great year but there are reasons why he was not recruited with great vigor! There are a number of players we are recruiting that can flat beat him out. On a really good team he would provide great backup support. You need to stop thinking he is the second coming of Brunson from Villonova. Really great year on a very poor team who had no one to challenge him? I really do not want to appear to be negative but I have watched and scouted many games. He was a marvelous pick up at the last possible moment but he his not without a great deal of flaws mainly quickness!!!
Mad Props to Shawnee2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
flyerfan4life (04-12-2018)
Old 04-12-2018, 06:55 PM
General

who are these players we are recruiting that could flat out beat him?
Old 04-12-2018, 07:01 PM

Thanked 6,617 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Shawnee2 View Post
Why on Gods green earth do some of you folks think the keys to the team have been handed to Jalen?? He had a great year but there are reasons why he was not recruited with great vigor! There are a number of players we are recruiting that can flat beat him out. On a really good team he would provide great backup support. You need to stop thinking he is the second coming of Brunson from Villonova. Really great year on a very poor team who had no one to challenge him? I really do not want to appear to be negative but I have watched and scouted many games. He was a marvelous pick up at the last possible moment but he his not without a great deal of flaws mainly quickness!!!
Really? You could have gotten your point across much more diplomatically and not in such a negative manner.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Major

Bucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond reputeBucketnight has a reputation beyond repute
I've been on the receiving end of 1 or 2 discussions that started with "why on God's green earth" and I don't remember any of them that did "not appear negative".

That being said I don't think the statement was overly undiplomatic. I wouldn't relegate a player based upon recruiting status once they're in school. Interesting that you cite Brunson as the comparison. Obviously, we would love to to have player of that caliber and I have no illusions of Jalen at that level personally. But it is interesting that you pointed out the quickness issue when lateral quickness/athleticism is one of the knocks on Brunson going to the NBA. I could certainly live with a poor man's Brunson.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:09 PM
1st Lieutenant

Wallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant futureWallage has a brilliant future
Because he is really good and is a freshman so there's a great chance he gets much better. He's nowhere near a finished product. His quicknes is not elite. His court vision and passing are elite.

Maybe he gets recruited over, but that's going to have to be one heck of a player to do it. Also, just cause a guy comes in with more stars and more high end offers doesn't necessarily mean he's going to beat Crutcher on the court.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Wallage For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (04-13-2018), frisco flyer (04-13-2018), jack72 (04-13-2018), TXFlyerFan (04-12-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 02:57 PM
Academy Doolie

Flyerfan47 will become famous soon enoughFlyerfan47 will become famous soon enough
https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...020485122?s=19
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyerfan47 For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (04-13-2018), OSU Flyer (04-13-2018), San Diego Flyer (04-13-2018), TXFlyerFan (04-14-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 04:43 PM
Captain

soccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to beholdsoccergod is a splendid one to behold
New name Dima Zdor 6-10 f/c from Ft Lauderdale is now listed on 247 sports as involved with Dayton .
Posted via Mobile Device
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to soccergod For This Totally Excellent Post:
CvilleFlyer (04-13-2018), Flyer 86 (04-14-2018), jack72 (04-13-2018), OSU Flyer (04-13-2018), Runnin' Rebel (04-13-2018), TXFlyerFan (04-14-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 06:14 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by soccergod View Post
New name Dima Zdor 6-10 f/c from Ft Lauderdale is now listed on 247 sports as involved with Dayton .
Posted via Mobile Device
Dima Zdor has been discussed a bit here already, but that was back in February so discussion all got buried pages ago. So I'm multi-quoting the old stuff...

@CoachShopSJ
Unsigned senior, 6'9 @SaintJamesHoops F Dima Zdor, is currently receiving strong interest from Vanderbilt, Bucknell, Austin-Peay, Wichita St, UC Santa Barbara, USC, South Carolina, and Dayton. Recent offers from James Madison and Utah State.

Not much info out there about him. No stars and his 24/7 page had a different school listed
Dima Zdor is interesting. Athletic kid from the Ukraine originally. Saw a few highlights on Twitter and various places. Looks like a guy who scores most of his points on dunks. Does not shy away from contact. But a skinny kid who needs to bulk up like Kostas or Toppin. So may be a little bit of a project as bigs tend to be. But Zdor does look at first glance to be more naturally suited to play on the interior which is attractive. We’ve got plenty of stretch 4s. A guy who just wants to dunk everything is something we could use on this roster in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Zdor is a 6'9" 215 lb two star on Verbal Commits. That is decent weight if true.
what little I can find on this Zdor kid seems to suggest he's quite skilled. But none of the ranking services have evaluated him. Seems like he just showed up from Ukraine, is now on his second school, no AAU, so he's just an unknown. Could have transcript issues though. Lack of offers may stem from the fact that he's not been seen and/or coaches are trying to assess his prospects of actually getting through the clearing house.

Fun Fact: He's Darrelle Revis's cousin.
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Hard to argue with the excitement and motivation that comes with a dunk.

But right now I put defense, rebounding, screening, shot blocking, passing skills, court awareness, ball security all ahead of dunking for the squad we have.
We need a rim protector. An interior presence on both sides. Not sure if Zdor is that. But we need a lot of things.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
springborofan (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 06:20 PM

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by soccergod View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Wow, check this kid out. He can shoot, jump, dribble, see the court and pass. How is this kid a 2* with few offers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1FTgMRgg5o
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 07:18 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Our first Official Visit:

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
6m6 minutes ago

Class of 2019 @LuHiBasketball SF Frankie Policelli takes an official to Dayton this weekend.

Major, major need... 6'8"-6'9" stretch 4

Schwade has known about this for at least a week lol
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerBob (04-13-2018), jack72 (04-14-2018), MNFats (04-14-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 07:29 PM
General

not a wing?
Old 04-13-2018, 07:32 PM
General of the Air Force

not a wing?
more like a 3/4
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 07:32 PM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Don't believe this has been posted (dated April3)
http://www.syracuse.com/sports/index...frankie_p.html
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (04-13-2018)
Old 04-13-2018, 11:06 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Our first Official Visit:

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
6m6 minutes ago

Class of 2019 @LuHiBasketball SF Frankie Policelli takes an official to Dayton this weekend.

Major, major need... 6'8"-6'9" stretch 4

Schwade has known about this for at least a week lol
I just checked verbal commits website and Frankie Policelli is class of 2018, not class of 2019! This kid is a baller. I hope he enjoys his visit!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-14-2018), T-Bone 84 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 07:44 AM
General

This young man would be an amazing catch. I hope he has a good visit. You get a kid at this size who can shoot the three and put the ball on the court, you have a real find. He would be a match-up nightmare for defenders.
Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
T-Bone 84 (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 10:56 AM
General

Policelli has taken official visits to George Washington (Oct. 6) and Stony Brook (Oct. 9) and plans on taking his three remaining visits sometime in the spring. He is still unsure what schools he will visit.

According to Rivals, Policelli is a three-star prospect and the No. 146 player in the 2018 class.

“At 6-9, I think Frankie’s versatility is what attracts coaches to him,” said NY Jayhawks coach Jay David. “He can play at both wing spots and at this level play a stretch 4 if necessary. He can guard 1 through 4, shoots at an extremely high level. He has an incredible upside at 17 years old his body will continue to develop getting stronger at the next level.”
http://www.zagsblog.com/2017/12/30/f...dayton-offers/

good description from January. He's using one of his 3 final official visits coming here so he's got to be pretty serious about Dayton.

He sounds like a versatile guy. Texas Tech on one of their sites said they're recruiting him as a guard/small forward

His high school, Long Island Lutheran, is a basketball factory. They played a pretty impressive schedule with a lot of the top teams in the NYC area along with Moeller (whom they beat) and national power Monteverde Academy from Florida
Old 04-14-2018, 01:10 PM
General

Thanked 1,266 Times in 784 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
LUHI is a baller factory and ranked Top 10 in the nation the past 15 years or more. If he is as good as his pedigree and reputation states, then he is a must have.

Hopefully weather is great, and it's a solid visit! He could get tons of minutes late in Year 1 , many more in Year 2
Old 04-14-2018, 01:16 PM
General

Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Wow, check this kid out. He can shoot, jump, dribble, see the court and pass. How is this kid a 2* with few offers?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1FTgMRgg5o
Don't be fooled by tape. What you're liking, i see a slow kid. Tons of rim hanging (too much) and lots of easy layups and baskets.

Guy like that will get crushed his first 2 years in college. I'd say 2 star is about right.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:18 PM
General

Also he looks 185 or 190 pounds. Which for 6 4" to 6 7 guy is acceptable for freshman year. Not for a guy bigger
Old 04-14-2018, 01:51 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
From DDN: https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...2oGZN5aufrvkN/

Policelli played AAU basketball with the New York Jayhawks. Dayton freshman Obadiah Toppin also played for that team.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (04-14-2018), Flyer 86 (04-15-2018), MNFats (04-14-2018), OSU Flyer (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 02:43 PM

Thanked 6,617 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post
Don't be fooled by tape. What you're liking, i see a slow kid. Tons of rim hanging (too much) and lots of easy layups and baskets.

Guy like that will get crushed his first 2 years in college. I'd say 2 star is about right.
There must be a reason Cincinnati, Illinois, Maryland, and Texas Tech want him.
Old 04-14-2018, 03:31 PM
General

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
There must be a reason Cincinnati, Illinois, Maryland, and Texas Tech want him.
I think he's referring to Dima Zdor
Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
longtimefan (04-14-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 03:40 PM
Major General

DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think he's referring to Dima Zdor
Yes, I believe so. Zdor’s offers: Lehigh, Utah State and St. Francis won’t excite anyone. However, the programs showing interest are much better: Dayton, Temple, Arkansas, Wichita State. With Zdor, it may be a case of which of these schools comes through first with a commitable offer. Dayton has plenty of scholarships available but interest from Dayton may be conditional, perhaps pending what a guy like Policeli.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/dima-zdor

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by DallasFlyer; 04-14-2018 at 03:42 PM..
Old 04-14-2018, 04:13 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,223 Times in 585 Posts
CvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeCvilleFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer 86 View Post

I agree, Zdor would get ate up in the A-10. No one was playing defense in all those you tube videos where he got easy layups and dunks!

If he did chin ups on the rims the A-10 refs would T him up in a heartbeat! Stars, especially on verbal commits.com, don't mean a thing. They are not always accurate. For instance, Frankie Policelli and Dima Zdor were both 2 stars and their is no comparison between their two games.
Mad Props to CvilleFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-16-2018)
Old 04-14-2018, 06:46 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CvilleFlyer View Post
I agree, Zdor would get ate up in the A-10. No one was playing defense in all those you tube videos where he got easy layups and dunks!

If he did chin ups on the rims the A-10 refs would T him up in a heartbeat! Stars, especially on verbal commits.com, don't mean a thing. They are not always accurate. For instance, Frankie Policelli and Dima Zdor were both 2 stars and their is no comparison between their two games.
The video I saw was Zdor as a sophomore so hard to tell how much he has improved. I watched Maverick Morgan play as a Sophomore at Springboro and I have two thoughts relative to Zdor/Morgan: This kid has much better foot dexterity than Morgan did as a Sophomore. Second, the improvement between Sophomore and Senior was huge for Morgan. If Zdor has improved enywhere as much as Morgan did, I think he is definitely worth pursuing.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:02 PM
General

I have no idea how good Zdor is but maybe he's guy that can be developed. I wouldn't think a freshman big would need to be thrown into the fire next year
Old 04-14-2018, 09:56 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
From DDN: https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...2oGZN5aufrvkN/

Policelli played AAU basketball with the New York Jayhawks. Dayton freshman Obadiah Toppin also played for that team.
Also interesting from that article that we have also offered two of his current teammates for 2019 (Tyson Etienne) and 2020 (Andre Curbelo). Both PG's.
Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (04-15-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 01:43 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Adam Zagoria
@AdamZagoria
·
12m
Class of 2018 @LuHiBasketball SF Frankie Policelli begins his official to Dayton today.

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/stat...076144128?s=20

A couple days ago Zagoria erroneously labeled Policelli as a 2019 recruit. Hopefully the visit goes well!
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to THirt For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-16-2018), FlyerBob (04-24-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 02:15 PM
Brigadier General

springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Couldn't ask for a better day weather wise...
Old 04-15-2018, 02:59 PM
General of the Air Force

More tough news on the JuCo Front... G Shane Gatling committed to Colorado
Old 04-15-2018, 04:50 PM
General

Am I missing something? What is the allure of Colorado basketball. That is where McKinley Wright ended up as well. Look at the Pac-10 attendance figures. The Buffaloes averaged less than 7,000 fans per game!
Average Pac-12 basketball attendance (through Jan. 1): 6,961

1. Arizona: 14,224

2. Utah: 11,988

3. Arizona State: 7,919

4. Oregon: 7,336

5. UCLA: 7,305

6. Colorado: 6,946

7. California: 6,845

8. Washington: 5,798

9. Oregon State: 4,707

10. Stanford: 4,131

11. USC: 3,677

12. Washington State: 2,666
Old 04-15-2018, 05:33 PM
General

Boulder
Old 04-15-2018, 05:48 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Am I missing something? What is the allure of Colorado basketball.
Have you ever been to Boulder Colorado? Beautiful!
Old 04-15-2018, 08:44 PM
Brigadier General

Jack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to allJack D is a name known to all
Am I missing something? What is the allure of Colorado basketball. That is where McKinley Wright ended up as well. Look at the Pac-10 attendance figures. The Buffaloes averaged less than 7,000 fans per game!
Average Pac-12 basketball attendance (through Jan. 1): 6,961

1. Arizona: 14,224

2. Utah: 11,988

3. Arizona State: 7,919

4. Oregon: 7,336

5. UCLA: 7,305

6. Colorado: 6,946

7. California: 6,845

8. Washington: 5,798

9. Oregon State: 4,707

10. Stanford: 4,131

11. USC: 3,677

12. Washington State: 2,666
Weed is legal
Old 04-15-2018, 08:50 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,118 Times in 1,054 Posts
Alberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond reputeAlberto Strasse has a reputation beyond repute
The Sun Shines

an average of 312 days a year in Denver. What a difference!
Old 04-15-2018, 09:59 PM
General of the Air Force

Am I missing something? What is the allure of Colorado basketball.
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
Have you ever been to Boulder Colorado? Beautiful!
Originally Posted by Jack D View Post
Weed is legal
Rocky Mountain High!!
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jack D (04-16-2018), OSU Flyer (04-16-2018), rollo (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 07:44 AM
General

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...208965349.html

Neftali Alvarez update from the Wichita paper.

Neftali Alvarez, Art Alvarez, and Miami Christian coach Juan Cardona will convene regularly, with a final decision coming before April 30.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:52 AM
2nd Lieutenant

116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light116 Chambers is a glorious beacon of light
Seems to me like Frankie Pollicelli is a MUST get with all these other guys going elsewhere. Unless someone can convince me I'm just being impatient...
Old 04-16-2018, 09:07 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...208965349.html

Neftali Alvarez update from the Wichita paper.
I think that's more the norm than the exception, where the informal connections win out in the end. A mentor, relative, friend, AAU Coach, et. al, influence the prospect in a big way.
Unless you are a power 5 blue blood program, no longer can a Coach waltz in with a dog and pony show and steal a recruit and his mom.

I would be shocked if in most cases where we are pursuing a name recruit to make a campus visit, there wasn't a strong informal connection paving the way. All the great facilities we have at UD are simply the price of admission to have a chance at top talent. The informal network is the straw that stirs the drink.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
OSU Flyer (04-16-2018), TA111 (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 11:10 AM
Lieutenant General

And Donnie Jones is the assistant that Anthony wanted and was vetoed by higher ups. Witchita ST hired him later. ( I think he was Anthony's first pick)
Old 04-16-2018, 01:00 PM
General

@PatLawless_
2h2 hours ago
More
Omar Silverio, a class of 2018 SG from St. Raymond (NY), will take an official visit to Rhode Island starting this Wednesday.
Old 04-16-2018, 01:24 PM
General

The final #Rivals150 for the class of 2018

65 Carte'Are Gordon C St. Louis
84 Jermaine Harris F Rhode Island
103 Dwayne Cohill

https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2018
FlyerBob (04-16-2018), MNFats (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 02:52 PM
General

@PatLawless_
St. Bonaventure was in to see '18 SG Omar Silverio from St. Raymond (NY) today.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:20 PM
General of the Air Force

Frankie Policelli named 2nd Team All-State by USA Today
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 07:34 PM
Major General

Frankie’s mom tweeted a photo of her son in a Dayton uniform. Jablonski retweeted. Looks like visit is going well.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to DallasFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FIFO28 (04-17-2018), FlyerBob (04-16-2018), jack72 (04-16-2018), MNFats (04-16-2018)
Old 04-16-2018, 07:44 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

FlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerBob has a reputation beyond repute
I've often pointed out that Mom's love the University of Dayton.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:49 PM
Brigadier General

Could we be seeing a certain thread by ihsgolf in the near future?
Old 04-16-2018, 07:51 PM
General of the Air Force

Could we be seeing a certain thread by ihsgolf in the near future?
haha I hope so

If he does commit, we should find out tomorrow because that's more than likely when his visit ends
Old 04-16-2018, 07:54 PM
Brigadier General

He looks alot better in that number then the bum before him
Old 04-16-2018, 07:56 PM
Brigadier General

Frankie’s mom tweeted a photo of her son in a Dayton uniform. Jablonski retweeted. Looks like visit is going well.
Posted via Mobile Device
I like his mom already. Love her Twitter profile and the middle of the road approach.

Sign this kid and the family that comes with him. Now.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:03 PM
General of the Air Force

You don’t take a photo like that and not commit - do you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-16-2018, 09:15 PM
1st Lieutenant

Flyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud ofFlyer 79 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
You don’t take a photo like that and not commit - do you?
Posted via Mobile Device
Neftali Alvarez did the same at Wichita State. We'll see if that's where he goes.