Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-19-2008, 12:47 AM
1st Lieutenant

udflyer191 has a spectacular aura aboutudflyer191 has a spectacular aura about
Matt Kavanaugh's baseball season

Hey, I'm new to these boards, but I'm a huge Flyer fan. My name is Jordan King, I'm now a senior at Centerville High School and am in Matt's advisory. This year we put together a rec baseball team and Matt joined. He pitched and played 1st base (go figure). It was an 8 team league with a tournament at the end. Our team was comprised of all juniors. We faced a team that had 3/4 of the Centerville Varsity baseball team on it and beat them 10-3 in the championship game. Matt went 2-3 with a double and 2 runs scored. He also made a very nice play at 1st base. To let you into his world a little bit, he's very fun loving, all he does is win.

I am also the play by play announcer for Centerville football and basketball for the schools radio station, so if you would like any updates on Matt or any other athlete from the GWOC just ask. Thanks and GO FLYERS!
Advertisement
Old 07-19-2008, 06:51 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the info. Please do not try to talk him into playing football
Old 07-19-2008, 05:51 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I think anytime you want to post something (specifically basketball) about Matt, we would all like to hear about it, especially when he starts playing some ball this fall!
Old 07-19-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by NorthwestFlyer View Post
I think anytime you want to post something (specifically basketball) about Matt, we would all like to hear about it, especially when he starts playing some ball this fall!
You don't have to worry about a lack of Kav posts this fall, last years team was great and I expect this years team to be playing late into February with the talent returning. (We only lost Kubascewski) I know the spelling is wrong lol... I don't even think he can spell his own name.

I guarantee the way he played last year combined with this upcoming year, he wont be a 2 star unknown prospect for long.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:38 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udflyer191 View Post
I guarantee the way he played last year combined with this upcoming year, he wont be a 2 star unknown prospect for long.

I saw a couple of highlights from the Dayton hoops tournament and was immediately happy he was coming to UD. Good combination of toughness and the ability to put the ball on floor and shoot it.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:42 PM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
I saw a couple of highlights from the Dayton hoops tournament and was immediately happy he was coming to UD. Good combination of toughness and the ability to put the ball on floor and shoot it.
He's excellent from the charity stripe which is exactly what we need, and also he is surprisingly mobile. He is still growing (expected to be 6'11") and at that size he plays offense like a big 3 and defense like a center. BG will be very happy he kept him in the area.
Old 07-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,569 Times in 5,077 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udflyer191 View Post
You don't have to worry about a lack of Kav posts this fall, last years team was great and I expect this years team to be playing late into February with the talent returning. (We only lost Kubascewski) I know the spelling is wrong lol... I don't even think he can spell his own name.

I think he already has his 3rd star on Rivals. I don't doubt BG's eye anymore.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Major

nbflyer is an unknown quantity at this point
At least now I know I can pick him up for our softball team if the whole basketball thing doesn't work out.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:16 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,700 Times in 1,283 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Upcoming Schedule

Matt will be playing in the upcoming AAU National Tournament at Disney, July 27-31. FYI, Ryan Siggins from Alter HS is also on the team. Most others from the Cincy area.