User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta Love Flyer Fans....

Hope Chris R doesn't mind that I stole his comment from the GT game thread but it always gives me a charge to hear this....and it always bears repeating..IMO:

"Several people on the Ga Tech forums talking about the Dayton fans and how loud and numerous they were compared to the Tech students and general fan base.".....Chris R

The nimrods doing the game also made mention of how loud the Flyer fans were after a key Flyer bucket in the game.

From the time back in 1983(?) when a group of Iona fans turned to me asked, "who the hell are you guys and why are you here?...Where is Dayton?...".....to the day we ruined Fordham's Homecoming football game a couple years back....and every other instance in between where the hometown fan-dom is compelled to crane around the crowd only to find that, to their dismay, the Flyer Faithful are in the building...every building...everywhere the Flyers play...(whoever the hell they are and why are they here DAMMIT!!)...Flyer fans travel like no other fans in the country....!!!

Go UD!!!!
21 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDBaby For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (11-21-2013), Bob G (11-22-2013), bobber (11-21-2013), dnutz77 (11-21-2013), FIFO28 (11-24-2013), Flyer 86 (11-21-2013), Jack D (11-21-2013), jumpin' joe (11-21-2013), Larymike (11-22-2013), LI2UD2PA (11-24-2013), Muckem333 (11-21-2013), NYCFLYER (11-22-2013), SeasonTicketFan (11-21-2013), Tcmow (11-23-2013), TMPH66 (11-21-2013), Tony T 71 (11-22-2013), UACFlyer (11-21-2013), UD Sam (11-24-2013), ud69 (11-21-2013), Viperstick (11-21-2013), westchesterflyer (11-21-2013)
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2013, 01:30 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,945 Times in 2,942 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Wait until Maui...guaranteed UD will have the most fans there.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-21-2013), Viperstick (11-21-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 01:37 PM
Major

Gem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant futureGem City has a brilliant future
Anyone know how big the Maui group is this year?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:08 PM
Academy Doolie

djmark54 has a spectacular aura aboutdjmark54 has a spectacular aura about
Was at the GT game. The UD fans were plentiful and very loud. I was really surprised to see how few GT fans there were.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to djmark54 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-22-2013), SeasonTicketFan (11-21-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 03:16 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
Reminds me of Dayton playing at Duquesne the year Meachum was playing. The Flyer fans overwhelmed the Duquesne fans in noise and support and at the end of the game Binnie stopped before going into the locker room to thank the Flyer fans.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to oldfan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Jack D (11-21-2013), NYCFLYER (11-22-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 04:20 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 17,162 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
UD was #1 in tix and travel packages to Maui until Gonzaga passed us in the latter draw-up to the event.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Old 11-21-2013, 04:36 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,198 Times in 584 Posts
Bill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond reputeBill McPeek has a reputation beyond repute
I believe it was 4 years ago we played Fordham in the Garden in NYC. It was the second game of a double header with St. John's playing Cincinnati in the opener. I was standing next to an usher, wearing, of course, my UD pullover, and the usher said to me "you guys really travel well." I would have to bet that he had seen a good number of teams come to the Garden to play. He sounded very impressed with the number of UD fans present. I'm pretty sure we had more fans than the Rams.
Mad Props to Bill McPeek For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (11-22-2013)
Old 11-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

LI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant futureLI Flyer has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Bill McPeek View Post
I believe it was 4 years ago we played Fordham in the Garden in NYC. It was the second game of a double header with St. John's playing Cincinnati in the opener. I was standing next to an usher, wearing, of course, my UD pullover, and the usher said to me "you guys really travel well." I would have to bet that he had seen a good number of teams come to the Garden to play. He sounded very impressed with the number of UD fans present. I'm pretty sure we had more fans than the Rams.
Went to the same game with a good friend and colleague (Villanova grad) his two sons (both Fordham students) ad my two sons and son in law. All were in awe with the UD representation that evening.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:52 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
UD was #1 in tix and travel packages to Maui until Gonzaga passed us in the latter draw-up to the event.
Given their location I would expect that. Do you know what the ticket totals were?
Old 11-21-2013, 08:18 PM
General

Thanked 4,902 Times in 2,262 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Went to USC last year & we easily had 900-1000 out of 5000-6000 in USC's gym.

Went to Pepperdine back in 2003 & we similarly were well represented.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
jpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond repute
I think we had between 350-500 people there last night. This comes from tickets UD passed out and the alumi association gave out. Not a good count on how many of us just got ticket ourselves.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Colonel

Gilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud ofGilchrist's Autograph 2 has much to be proud of
Went to Cameron Indoor when we played there about 10 years ago. There were probably 800 or so and I talked to several Duke fans who were very impressed with the number and loudness of our fans
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-21-2013, 10:18 PM
Captain

Windy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud of
This is why Brian Gregory feels so much passion for the UD program that he left. He know how much that support helps a program. He's quickly learned that GT is not UD. I attended his first alumni event in Chi-town not long after he was hired. There were a couple hundred people at that event alone. This was just a meet & greet happy hour. I remember the conversation well. He was impressed at that event and the passion.

I hope we travel well to Normal, IL. It’s only 3 hours from Indy and Chicago. I just checked Lower Level tickets are still available. We play the Redbirds, and the fans in Bloomington/Normal support their teams pretty well.

Perhaps we wear away WHITE.That way we they know the Flyers Faithful are in the house!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 10:22 PM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
We attended at Duquesne game in Pittsburg I think during BG's first year. During the first timeout, cheerleaders came onto the floor and threw Duquesne shirts into the stands. Half were thrown back as it was more of a UD home game. Comical for UD. Sad for Duquesne.
Old 11-22-2013, 01:07 AM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
UD OWNED the Charleston classic last year -
The only ones even close were (local) Charleston fans.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyer69ers For This Totally Excellent Post:
Chris R (11-22-2013), NYCFLYER (11-22-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 08:20 AM
Captain

Don is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to beholdDon is a splendid one to behold
And these are those same fans the students seem so quick to critique at the arena. The way season ticket sales held up during successive down years is another testament to Flyer loyalty and enthusiasm.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:06 PM

Thanked 17,162 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD90 View Post
Given their location I would expect that. Do you know what the ticket totals were?
I do not.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Old 11-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Captain

oRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant futureoRed has a brilliant future
Zags fans will give the Flyer Faithful a real run for their money...they really support the Zags and are loud. ESPN has a great west coast matchup with this 1...hopefully the Flyers can give ESPN more reason to keep loving us.
Old 11-22-2013, 09:58 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

NYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really niceNYCFLYER is just really nice
Originally Posted by Flyer69ers View Post
UD OWNED the Charleston classic last year -
The only ones even close were (local) Charleston fans.
I was there too. He speaks the truth.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:33 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
We attended at Duquesne game in Pittsburg I think during BG's first year. During the first timeout, cheerleaders came onto the floor and threw Duquesne shirts into the stands. Half were thrown back as it was more of a UD home game. Comical for UD. Sad for Duquesne.
STF, my family & I went to that game, too. IIRC, there were more UD fans in the house than Duq fans that day. I don't go on the road to follow the Flyers as much as I'd like (in my job, I'm lucky to get to the home games), so that was quite the experience, outnumbering the home crowd from 4 hours away.
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (11-24-2013)
Old 11-23-2013, 07:59 PM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Zags fans

Originally Posted by oRed View Post
Zags fans will give the Flyer Faithful a real run for their money...they really support the Zags and are loud. ESPN has a great west coast matchup with this 1...hopefully the Flyers can give ESPN more reason to keep loving us.
Talked to some Zags fans around the pool today. Yes, they will have numbers, but the person we talked to said they were generally passive, unlike himself. Lots of big donors made the trip. He also talked about how you can't get tickets to home games because they built the new arena too small.
Although I generally like and cheer for the Zags (when not playing UD), at the end of the day, they are still Jesuits and that is just a little too close to another school.
Mad Props to MrFlyerFanatic For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (11-24-2013)
Old 11-24-2013, 09:20 AM
Major

westchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to allwestchesterflyer is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Talked to some Zags fans around the pool today. Yes, they will have numbers, but the person we talked to said they were generally passive, unlike himself. Lots of big donors made the trip. He also talked about how you can't get tickets to home games because they built the new arena too small.
Although I generally like and cheer for the Zags (when not playing UD), at the end of the day, they are still Jesuits and that is just a little too close to another school.
Jealous. Wind chill in NY in single digits. Enjoy!
Old 11-24-2013, 12:07 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Sunset Last Night

Originally Posted by westchesterflyer View Post
Jealous. Enjoy!
We're trying.

049.jpg

Last edited by ud69; 11-24-2013 at 12:16 PM..
Old 11-24-2013, 01:56 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,043 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Talked to some Zags fans around the pool today...the person we talked to said...they built the new arena too small...
I went to the Zags hoops website, and was surprised to see that they built a new arena that only seats 6,000. I thought the Jezzies were smarter than that. The arenas in Cincy & StL seat @ 10K each. You'd think that, with the Zags' success, they'd have gone for a capacity of 8K-10K for their place, too.

And as far as rooting for a Jesuit school is concerned, my daughter graduated from SLU (twice), and she had good experiences there, so I've learned to tame my animosity. But it did take a couple of years to get to that point.

As far as one particular Jesuit school in Cincinnati is concerned, however...

GO FLYERS!!!
TAME THE BULLDOGS!!!