UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-24-2017, 07:17 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Those two broke more than their share of laws. The actions taken when they stole from students should have happened well before that.
Posted via Mobile Device
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDDoug For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (05-26-2017), C-time (05-24-2017), flyerfanatic86 (05-25-2017), rollo (05-25-2017)
Advertisement
Old 05-25-2017, 03:52 PM
General

Thanked 5,386 Times in 2,348 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
If stealing from other students was the only thing those two had done to get kicked off I might agree with you. They had done numerous other things prior to that UD had managed to keep quiet. This incident simply couldn't be covered up.

To me having players committing actual crimes is much more embarrassing than breaking NCAA rules.
Agreed, actual crimes is way out of bounds and crosses a bright line.

So, you didn't speak directly to my comment: the way the university responds is what's important. If you're saying the university responded inappropriately, well, I don't know about it but there is certainly enough smoke around here. That's icky. And if there's ever a news report that shows UD covered up serious crimes for those 2 I will be appropriately ashamed of my university.

But again, the glory came in spite of that, not because of that. And that is a huge difference for our E8 run.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 04:23 PM
1st Lieutenant

UDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to allUDFLIES is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
Agreed, actual crimes is way out of bounds and crosses a bright line.

So, you didn't speak directly to my comment: the way the university responds is what's important. If you're saying the university responded inappropriately, well, I don't know about it but there is certainly enough smoke around here. That's icky. And if there's ever a news report that shows UD covered up serious crimes for those 2 I will be appropriately ashamed of my university.

But again, the glory came in spite of that, not because of that. And that is a huge difference for our E8 run.
You keep saying the E8 run came in spite of them, because they were kicked off the team.. but you realize they were kicked off the team the year after the E8 run.. right?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UDFLIES For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 04:42 PM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDFLIES View Post
You keep saying the E8 run came in spite of them, because they were kicked off the team.. but you realize they were kicked off the team the year after the E8 run.. right?
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't recall them being an integral part of our E8 run.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:14 PM

Thanked 4,260 Times in 1,743 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Scott and Robinson provided some important minutes in the Stanford game. Kav was in foul trouble and they were needed to hold down Stanford's big man.

Their contributions were not huge, but hard to imagine winning the game without backups in the post.

Kav 18 minutes
Scott 7 minutes
Robinson 10 minutes
Gav 4 minutes
Mad Props to SeasonTicketFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 05:44 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
My point was that UD only responded when they were unable to keep dorm room theft incident quiet. They did things prior to the dorm theft that UD was able to keep quiet. I'm not for airing every incident publicly or not giving second chances, but they had more than a second chance.

I don't recall them being an integral part of our E8 run
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
Scott and Robinson provided some important minutes in the Stanford game. Kav was in foul trouble and they were needed to hold down Stanford's big man.

Their contributions were not huge, but hard to imagine winning the game without backups in the post.

Kav 18 minutes
Scott 7 minutes
Robinson 10 minutes
Gav 4 minutes
SeasonTicketFan is right. Scott and Robinson played key minutes in the Stanford game when Kav got in foul trouble. Scott had at least 1 key basket(and maybe a 2nd) when Stanford tried to make a 2nd half run. They may not have won the game for UD but to say they didn't do anything is misrepresenting the situation. Without them Gavrilovic would have had to play way more than 4 minutes and the result may not have gone UD's way.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (05-25-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 06:18 PM

Thanked 15,823 Times in 6,961 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute

Erased....I like that!
flyerfanatic86 (05-26-2017)
Old 05-25-2017, 10:42 PM

Thanked 6,101 Times in 4,151 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm not for airing every incident publicly or not giving second chances, but they had more than a second chance.
I think this sort of thing might happen at other schools too, it might not be just a UD thing: players are given multiple chances before they are removed from the team and/or the school.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:54 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
I think this sort of thing might happen at other schools too, it might not be just a UD thing: players are given multiple chances before they are removed from the team and/or the school.
I have no doubt that it happens at other schools. I was just trying to remind people that UD is not as perfect and squeaky clean as some people think it is.
Old 05-26-2017, 12:10 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Huge difference between bending some rules and just plain breaking them as a few are suggesting is okay with them.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:04 AM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
I have no doubt that it happens at other schools. I was just trying to remind people that UD is not as perfect and squeaky clean as some people think it is.
Thanks for the completely unnecessary reminder!

I have not seen anyone saying UD is "squeaky clean" or a "bastion of perfection". There is just you complaining about people saying that.

This whole thing started with you saying "If you ain't cheating, you ain't trying". That is what I took issue with (and I think others).

I'm not sure what your argument or point is. You seem to have quickly turned from arguing that it is ok to cheat and worth it to cheat to get a final 4 run to instead feeling that it is your public duty to "remind" people that UD isn't perfect. I haven't seen anyone saying UD is perfect, but you seem to be the only one whose position is that if you aren't perfect then you might as well go all in and cheat at all costs.

Last edited by superfan99; 05-26-2017 at 09:45 AM..
Old 05-26-2017, 08:57 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
You're actually making our argument for us and you don't even know it.

You obviously don't think that no one at UD will ever make a mistake. That's a childish position. The question is how the university reacts to mistakes.

Here's why Rose is different from Dumb and Dumber: they were kicked off the team and the glory came in spite of them not because of them. Had we gone to the E8 because of them I would feel very icky about it.
If stealing from other students was the only thing those two had done to get kicked off I might agree with you. They had done numerous other things prior to that UD had managed to keep quiet. This incident simply couldn't be covered up.

To me having players committing actual crimes is much more embarrassing than breaking NCAA rules.

Devin Scott and Jalen Robinson had literally a laundry list of "mistakes" while at UD. Making 18 year old co-eds fear for their safety is not a mistake. Dragging the mother of your child out of your house violently is not a mistake. Repeatedly violating school drug policies is not a mistake. C-Time is just stating facts in my opinion. I rarely disagree with his stances and this is no exception.

Robinson has shown true remorse and has taken steps, i wish him well, we all do. I think its become clear that Jalen was the follower of the Twin Terrors and the time away from the actual bad apple has put him on a different path. I can forgive Robinson just won't forget. Scott is another story. Stealing from a woman is one thing, physically abusing one is not ok. That's unforgivable.

What's the deal with this new lynch mob mentality around here? Complete with torches and pitchforks? We get our opinions and C-Time gets his.

This board has devolved from UDPride into Maury Povich then to Jerry Springer.

We need new news or the Red & Blue game. Something, ANYTHING but this.
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 09:19 AM
General of the Air Force

Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
Devin Scott and Jalen Robinson had literally a laundry list of "mistakes" while at UD. Making 18 year old co-eds fear for their safety is not a mistake. Dragging the mother of your child out of your house violently is not a mistake. Repeatedly violating school drug policies is not a mistake. C-Time is just stating facts in my opinion. I rarely disagree with his stances and this is no exception.

Robinson has shown true remorse and has taken steps, i wish him well, we all do. I think its become clear that Jalen was the follower of the Twin Terrors and the time away from the actual bad apple has put him on a different path. I can forgive Robinson just won't forget. Scott is another story. Stealing from a woman is one thing, physically abusing one is not ok. That's unforgivable.

What's the deal with this new lynch mob mentality around here? Complete with torches and pitchforks? We get our opinions and C-Time gets his.

This board has devolved from UDPride into Maury Povich then to Jerry Springer.

We need new news or the Red & Blue game. Something, ANYTHING but this.
Actually it should be, what's with its okay to cheat and break rules which some seem to avocating, seems you are missing the point entirely that many here don't ascribe to that mentality. It's a no brainer.

There are no do good erstwhile on here as some want imply, we just know the difference between bending and breaking rules.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:25 AM
General of the Air Force

No lynch mobs here as everyone has there opinions, but when you bare you soul to the world as you friend did then you are open to criticism, which whom you apparently agree.

Openly telling Priders it's okay to cheat so long as you get the prize will not get you accolades from most, but we see he is not alone.
Mad Props to Avid Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
shocka43 (06-01-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 10:20 AM
General

SeasonTicketFan is right. Scott and Robinson played key minutes in the Stanford game when Kav got in foul trouble. Scott had at least 1 key basket(and maybe a 2nd) when Stanford tried to make a 2nd half run. They may not have won the game for UD but to say they didn't do anything is misrepresenting the situation. Without them Gavrilovic would have had to play way more than 4 minutes and the result may not have gone UD's way.
Why yes, yes that is misrepresenting the situation. Thank you for that germane observation. Which is why I didn't say it. Saying they were the stars of the team is misrepresenting the situation too. Which is why you didn't say it.

Is there anything else that no one said that you'd like to discuss?

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post

Kav 18 minutes
Scott 7 minutes
Robinson 10 minutes
Gav 4 minutes
We are talking about 1 game here, and at that you guys are pointing to 1 (MAYBE 2!!!) buckets, and you want me to admit "yeah they were integral to our E8 run." 1 game where our big men were in trouble against the #12 (?) seed.

Yeah that's probably the same thing as saying "Rose was integral to Memphis's E8 run."