UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 10-18-2018, 12:31 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,875 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
1-and-Done G-League $125k option

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...one-route-ncaa

"As part of a newly formed professional path starting in the summer of 2019, the G League will offer "Select Contracts" worth $125,000 to elite prospects who are at least 18 years old but not yet eligible for the NBA draft. It will target recent or would-be high school graduates who otherwise would have likely spent just one season playing college basketball, enticing them not only with a six-figure salary but also the opportunity to benefit from NBA infrastructure, as well as a bevy of off-court development programs "geared towards facilitating and accelerating their transition to the pro game,..." "

This will be interesting and may level the playing field for everyone.
BeckysTXA (10-19-2018), Bucketnight (10-18-2018), Flyer 86 (10-18-2018), FlyerBob (10-18-2018), Gazoo (10-18-2018), jack72 (10-18-2018), Jeff (10-18-2018), Justin (10-18-2018), Lifelong Flyer Fan (10-18-2018), MNFats (10-19-2018)
Advertisement
Old 10-18-2018, 12:57 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...one-route-ncaa

"As part of a newly formed professional path starting in the summer of 2019, the G League will offer "Select Contracts" worth $125,000 to elite prospects who are at least 18 years old but not yet eligible for the NBA draft. It will target recent or would-be high school graduates who otherwise would have likely spent just one season playing college basketball, enticing them not only with a six-figure salary but also the opportunity to benefit from NBA infrastructure, as well as a bevy of off-court development programs "geared towards facilitating and accelerating their transition to the pro game,..." "

This will be interesting and may level the playing field for everyone.
It will harm the Kentucky's and and Duke's of the world.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-19-2018), Justin (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 01:08 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Not really, it will harm others, because the next best will now be going to Duke and Kentucky, leaving another level down with fewer players who may previously have been passed over the elite basketball schools.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TXFlyerFan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (10-19-2018), Flyer 86 (10-18-2018), Gazoo (10-18-2018), jack72 (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 01:23 PM
Captain

shwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant futureshwag33 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
Not really, it will harm others, because the next best will now be going to Duke and Kentucky, leaving another level down with fewer players who may previously have been passed over the elite basketball schools.

I see that argument, but the further down the list you get the more muddled it becomes. How often do the top 5 recruits not live up to expectations.... probably a lot less than the top 30 guys.
Old 10-18-2018, 02:11 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,413 Times in 670 Posts
flyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond reputeflyerfanatic86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TXFlyerFan View Post
I think you're right about who it hurts, but I think the best will still prefer the Duke and Kentucky route. They are going to get great coaching, better exposure, and better amenities than they will in the G League. The next tier of players might be the ones that start looking at this option, and that would hurt the schools that would normally go after those players.
Mad Props to flyerfanatic86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 02:27 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
What will be interesting to watch is what happens when the ones that opt for the $125k, don't get big bucks the next year and see those that went for at least a year of college, get drafted higher and make bigger bucks.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (10-18-2018), Justin (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 03:48 PM
General

Thanked 4,320 Times in 2,124 Posts
Medford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond reputeMedford has a reputation beyond repute
ehh.. you'll see it cut both ways. Kids that were "elite" and their flaws are discovered in the G-league, and guys that were "overlooked" that shine under a season with coach K and find themselves in the lottery.

Overall, more of the G-League types will make the lottery than those that forgo the G-league, "blow up" and make the lottery.

Honestly, it won't take long before there is the kid a rung or two down, with no interest in school saying "hey, I'll play for $60K a year in the G-league" and suing their way for an opportunity there. The quicker the NBA, and therefor the NCAA switches to a baseball style setup, the better for all. Kids who don't want to be in school can make some money trying to develop into an NBA player, those that see the value will spend 3 or 4 seasons in college before hoping to get a shot at the NBA.
Old 10-18-2018, 03:57 PM

Thanked 15,875 Times in 6,981 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I bet LaVar is not happy...

I guess this is a major blow to the BBB League.

https://jbaleague.com/

BeckysTXA (10-19-2018), Gazoo (10-18-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 04:25 PM
General

Thanked 5,432 Times in 2,372 Posts
Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
I guess this is a major blow to the BBB League.

https://jbaleague.com/

And that makes me happy. I know it shouldn't, but it does.
Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-19-2018)
Old 10-18-2018, 10:13 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,206 Times in 542 Posts
UDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond reputeUDGutter2 has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe Kentucky, Duke, et al will outbid the G League. Lol
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDGutter2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (10-19-2018), Gazoo (10-19-2018), Justin (10-19-2018), TommyGola (10-19-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 10:42 AM

Thanked 9,809 Times in 4,072 Posts
shocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond reputeshocka43 has a reputation beyond repute
I don't think that the "hurt" gets passed down. Yes, the power schools may not end up with the one and done players, but they will still end up with top players in the country that are recycled less often. You get a 2-3 year player versus a one and done.

The few players that this affords and opportunity to will not shift the table that much. A mid-major ball player doesn't suddenly get that power school offer. Yes, maybe a few dozen players across the country get their stock bumped up, but I agree that it levels it more than it punishes the mid-major schools that possibly lose out.

Players with aspirations of money will follow the money. One and done players are only one and done to get a paycheck the following year. They don't care about a legacy left with UK or UNC. They are only participating in their mandated year of college ball. They aren't getting degrees, attending classes for anything outside of the first semester and minimums to stay eligible, etc. They will take the 125k and develop their game in front of the NBA coaches and staff.

What this does is force the UK's of the world to act like the majority of college basketball fans and have players that stick around for more than one year.
Old 10-19-2018, 01:53 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I think you have to factor in the recruiting cycle. This top players commit to top programs early. This ties up scholarships and takes those coaches out of recruiting that year. Then these top players get to be HS seniors and the NBA comes calling. Some will back out of commitments to universities and leave those HCs scrambling to find players to fill open scholarships.

I think this will happen at bigger schools way more often than at mid-majors. And thus I feel it will level the playing field some. I don’t see players telling mid- majors, “you’re my second choice, but there might be an opening at my first choice if the NBA picks off one of their recruits, so I’m going to wait and see.”
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (10-20-2018)
Old 10-19-2018, 02:33 PM

Thanked 1,302 Times in 674 Posts
TXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeTXFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shocka43 View Post
I don't think that the "hurt" gets passed down. Yes, the power schools may not end up with the one and done players, but they will still end up with top players in the country that are recycled less often. You get a 2-3 year player versus a one and done.

The few players that this affords and opportunity to will not shift the table that much. A mid-major ball player doesn't suddenly get that power school offer. Yes, maybe a few dozen players across the country get their stock bumped up, but I agree that it levels it more than it punishes the mid-major schools that possibly lose out.

Players with aspirations of money will follow the money. One and done players are only one and done to get a paycheck the following year. They don't care about a legacy left with UK or UNC. They are only participating in their mandated year of college ball. They aren't getting degrees, attending classes for anything outside of the first semester and minimums to stay eligible, etc. They will take the 125k and develop their game in front of the NBA coaches and staff.

What this does is force the UK's of the world to act like the majority of college basketball fans and have players that stick around for more than one year.
On further reflection, I see two things.

1. It will have a trickle-down effect on the smaller schools
2. That trickle-down may be negated by increased transfers, as guys who maybe expected a player to leave after a year or two stays longer, impacting an incoming players expectations for playing time. Given there's a finite number of minutes in a game, some players may opt to transfer out.

We'll see if it happens and what the net result is.
Old 10-19-2018, 05:28 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,429 Times in 754 Posts
Hyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeHyde Park Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
The delta between the top ten players and the next ten is greater than the delta between the next ten and third ten. The talent curve has a steep slope when it gets to the one and done that will benefit from the G League special deal. The blue bloods will still get very talented kids who are likely (probably) better than the mid majors. However, the difference is not nearly as great as when the Dukes and Kentuckys get the one and dones.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:37 PM
Major

udflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond repute
I guess, to me, that the issue isn't the actual one and dones that will be in play here. It's the fringe players who are being told they are one and dones. It will be interesting to see how many kids actually take this route just to not have to go through the song and dance that is a year in college.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:13 AM
General

Gazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond reputeGazoo has a reputation beyond repute
I would love to see college basketball return to kids playing basketball. Let the pros go pro. Gimme Loyola and teams like them playing their hearts out.

I don't tune in to see Kobe vs. Lebron. I'll turn on the NBA for that (actually I won't). I don't care that the kids are a couple inches shorter or a step slower. I want to enjoy the journey of watching them develop for a couple of years.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (10-20-2018), CE80 (10-20-2018), JimBo (10-20-2018), UDGutter2 (10-20-2018)
Old 10-20-2018, 09:48 AM

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Good article on the Athlete (behind the pay wall) stating some of the major problems why this may not work. Will NBA teams let their G team put extra work into a guy that some other team will draft? Most G teams have little strength and training facilities, and nothing compared to college teams. Travel is mainly by bus.
Old 10-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,356 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Good article on the Athlete (behind the pay wall) stating some of the major problems why this may not work. Will NBA teams let their G team put extra work into a guy that some other team will draft? Most G teams have little strength and training facilities, and nothing compared to college teams. Travel is mainly by bus.
Sounds like a low-mid-major program.

I’m pretty sure they will also get housing and insurance. Currently G-league players get around $71;000 plus housing and insurance. But I also think it’s only for 5 months. I know the salary is prorated by games. So they give everyone a bedroom in an apartment or house. The kids (because that’s what they will be coming out of high school) get about $5,000 a week - $3500 after taxes. Most will want to buy a new car. That will take a chunk out of their cash. But they can hoop all day and night and not have to go to class. There will be takers.
Old 10-20-2018, 11:07 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,283 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure some enterprising alumnus will be able to top that offer of $125,000, and siphon off some of the one and dones
Old 10-20-2018, 11:19 AM

Thanked 6,123 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BeckysTXA View Post
Sounds like a low-mid-major program.

I’m pretty sure they will also get housing and insurance. Currently G-league players get around $71;000 plus housing and insurance. But I also think it’s only for 5 months. I know the salary is prorated by games. So they give everyone a bedroom in an apartment or house. The kids (because that’s what they will be coming out of high school) get about $5,000 a week - $3500 after taxes. Most will want to buy a new car. That will take a chunk out of their cash. But they can hoop all day and night and not have to go to class. There will be takers.
The last time I checked a year or 2 ago, I thought that the G League max salary was around $40,000 per year plus meals and housing. Can't remember about insurance.

The average salary might be around $30-35k maybe I thought.

Last edited by ud2; 10-20-2018 at 11:22 AM..
Old 10-20-2018, 01:58 PM

Thanked 6,123 Times in 4,169 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
All G League players earn 1 of 2 salaries: $19k per season or $26,500 per season.

The max was just increased to $35k per season though for this year.

Players with 2-way contracts can earn significantly more.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...k4A65IWx39lskm:

G League salaries are going up next season, to $35,000 for most players and up to $385,000 for those on two-way contracts.

Salaries also can be enhanced through bonuses and call-ups. NBA teams called up 50 players a total of 60 times last season, generating just over $11 million in additional salary.

Two-way players next season will earn up to $77,250, topped on days where they're called up by the prorated NBA rookie salary.

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/14/nb...lver-takeaways:

Although details on two-way contracts have not been announced, it’s expected that two-way players, while assigned to G-League teams, will earn pro-rated pay based on an annual salary worth somewhere between $50,00 and $75,000.

Last edited by ud2; 10-20-2018 at 02:10 PM..
Old 10-20-2018, 03:00 PM

Thanked 10,128 Times in 5,864 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
The other thing pointed out by the Athlete is that a few of the highest potential guys will get some decent shoe and endorsement contracts worth several hundred thousand.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:27 AM
General

$35K with no need to pay for food or housing or insurance, and no real need for a car, would be a decent start for an 18 year old kid to practice hoops all day long. But only if all of that is provided.

If you went to Kentucky, you would have to pay for. . . actually it's the same deal you just have to go to school.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Gazoo For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (10-22-2018), UDGutter2 (10-22-2018)
Old 10-22-2018, 10:25 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,316 Times in 1,328 Posts
CT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeCT Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gazoo View Post
$35K with no need to pay for food or housing or insurance, and no real need for a car, would be a decent start for an 18 year old kid to practice hoops all day long. But only if all of that is provided.

If you went to Kentucky, you would have to pay for. . . actually it's the same deal you just have to go to school.
For the first semester....
Mad Props to CT Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Gazoo (10-22-2018)
Old 10-23-2018, 01:34 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...w-Balance.html

Another option for the elite high school basketball players.

Former Syracuse recruit Darius Bazley, who opted to forgo college to work toward the 2019 NBA draft, has landed a job as an intern for New Balance - and it could pay anywhere from $1 million to $14 million.
The New York Times reports the 18-year-old Bazley signed in May with agent Rich Paul, who arranged for the 6-foot-9 forward from Cincinnati to work for the athletic equipment company for the first three months of 2019.
Paul, who also has LeBron James, John Wall and Ben Simmons among his NBA clients, told the newspaper the internship is part of a multiyear shoe contract that will pay Bazley at least $1 million and up to $14 million if Bazley reaches performance incentives written into the contract.