Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 11-09-2015, 10:03 AM
1st Lieutenant

Dillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of light
Thumbs up Southeast Missouri State pregame disscussion thread: With less dreadful offseason discussions guaranteed!

Based on some brief research on the team here is what I could find:

Last year, SEMSU was 13-17 overall and 7-9 in the OVC. They lost their top scorer from last year as well as their top two rebounders from last year. They seem to be a young team as they only have one Senior on the team along with 4 juniors, all the rest are underclassmen.

Conclusion: Flyers should win no questions asked!

If you have anything else you can find you guys are welcome to post.
Advertisement
Old 11-09-2015, 10:31 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,157 Times in 800 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
If you change the name and the record that description would almost describe us.
Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 01:19 PM

Thanked 6,163 Times in 4,196 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
I was browsing Massey Ratings and rpiforecast.

Massey is predicting a 16 point win over SEMS. Massey is also predicting losses to Iowa, Vanderbilt, at Rhode Island, and at Richmond.

http://www.masseyratings.com/team.php?t=2085&s=284067

rpiforecast is projecting a 21-7 season, but only projecting 3 outright losses: Iowa, Vanderbilt, and at Rhode Island. 21-7 is good for a 31 rpi and a sos of 73, which is better than last year, which was 25-8 before the NCAA tournament, rpi 33 and sos 93.

rpiforecast is predicting a 20 point win vs. SEMS.

http://www.rpiforecast.com/teams/Dayton.html

Last edited by ud2; 11-09-2015 at 01:38 PM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (11-13-2015), Dillomernda (11-09-2015)
Old 11-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

ud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of lightud86 is a glorious beacon of light
How can there be any RPI since no games have been played? How come RPIforecast has us listed at Current RPI=65 and Forecast RPI=30.8? RPI does not even make sense until at least 10 games are played.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
IndianaFlyer (11-09-2015), jack72 (11-09-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 08:29 AM
Captain

flyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of lightflyhi524 is a glorious beacon of light
Looks like this game is broadcast by Time Warner Cable Sportschannel... Does anyone know if there will be a free stream online for those of us who don't have TWC?
Old 11-10-2015, 10:52 AM

Thanked 10,167 Times in 5,895 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by flyhi524 View Post
Looks like this game is broadcast by Time Warner Cable Sportschannel... Does anyone know if there will be a free stream online for those of us who don't have TWC?
The UD website shows video on the A10 site.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 12:01 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,939 Times in 2,940 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
The UD website shows video on the A10 site.
They did the SVSU exhibition game and it was decent except the volume was barely audible. I pinged Doug Hauschild to let him know and they turned it up in the 2nd half. Announcers were from Flyer Radio and the video was good with replays and non-PowerPoint graphics.
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 12:19 PM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
SEMO head coach is Rick Ray, who was fired by Mississippi St after 3 years.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:49 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
They did the SVSU exhibition game and it was decent except the volume was barely audible. I pinged Doug Hauschild to let him know and they turned it up in the 2nd half. Announcers were from Flyer Radio and the video was good with replays and non-PowerPoint graphics.
Thanks for getting that done on the volume. I had my sound turned up to 60 for the first half, and suddenly was blown out of the room, until I turned it down to 10, which is normal.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
anthonycharles (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 01:51 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Was that on TWC SportsChannel? I have a hard time believing TWC will give that game to anyone for free. I am interested because I was thinking of switching to U-Verse but I have a hard time giving up TWC SC. They are broadcasting 7 Flyer games this season.
Old 11-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,701 Times in 1,284 Posts
Radar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond reputeRadar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John C. View Post
If you change the name and the record that description would almost describe us.
We have Archie, they don't.
Mad Props to Radar For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 05:09 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Swampy - I don't think TWC did the exhibition game. Based on the quality of the camera work I am pretty sure it was the UD crew doing it. Similar to the poor streaming they did in the past, I thought the video product (the quality was decent) was pathetic -- at least the one I was watching. Most of the time they had a zoom-in shot following the guy with the ball so you couldn't see the offensive and defensive sets. They also (as in past years) insisted on using the under-the-basket camera on many out-of-bounds plays and for most foul shots. When they use it for foul shots they usually keep the camera on the shooter after the ball leaves his hand and you never see whether he made the shot. One time KP was shooting a foul shot and the end zone camera at the other end of the floor was pointed at KP's back but one of SVSU's players was in the way and all they got was a close up of his butt. What I can't figure out is why the director didn't see this and immediately have the camera shot changed. But then again, if the director didn't realize the zoom-in shots of regular action is not the way to go........
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-13-2015), jack72 (11-10-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 05:12 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by flyhi524 View Post
Last year Fox Sports wouldn't permit streaming of its telecasts. I sure hope TWC will because a number of OOC games are on TWC.
Mad Props to Sid Louick For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (11-12-2015)
Old 11-10-2015, 07:13 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
Swampy - I don't think TWC did the exhibition game. Based on the quality of the camera work I am pretty sure it was the UD crew doing it. Similar to the poor streaming they did in the past, I thought the video product (the quality was decent) was pathetic -- at least the one I was watching. Most of the time they had a zoom-in shot following the guy with the ball so you couldn't see the offensive and defensive sets. They also (as in past years) insisted on using the under-the-basket camera on many out-of-bounds plays and for most foul shots. When they use it for foul shots they usually keep the camera on the shooter after the ball leaves his hand and you never see whether he made the shot. One time KP was shooting a foul shot and the end zone camera at the other end of the floor was pointed at KP's back but one of SVSU's players was in the way and all they got was a close up of his butt. What I can't figure out is why the director didn't see this and immediately have the camera shot changed. But then again, if the director didn't realize the zoom-in shots of regular action is not the way to go........
I just assumed the entire production was a student-based production. If that assumption is correct, I thought overall it was pretty well done considering it wasn't done by professionals. The volume was the only thing really bugging me and that was fixed in the 2nd half.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:41 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,076 Times in 1,229 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
For what it's worth - a profile of one of SEMOs better recruits / freshman

Checking in at 6-foot-9, 230 pounds, Tony Anderson was a 3-star power forward coming out of Groveport, Ohio. According to the industry generated 247Sports Composite, he was the No. 6 basketball recruit from the state of Ohio in the 2015 class.

He played for Groveport Madison High School as a senior and averaged 18 points and 11 rebounds per game. Anderson played for Oak Hill Academy in Virginia his junior year—known for churning out basketball talent—before heading back to Ohio for his senior season.

As a recruit, he boasted offers from Washington State, West Virginia, Delaware State and Kent State, and he was also committed to Toledo for a time. Eastern Kentucky and Bowling Green also showed him some interest, as did the Big Ten’s Iowa. In fact, for a time it looked like he was a legitimate target for the Hawkeyes, so that should tell you about the amount of talent Anderson brings to the table.

Ultimately, Anderson ended up with Southeast Missouri (commonly known as SEMO), committing to the Redhawks on May 10th, 2015.

http://www.todaysu.com/ovc-today/fre...-semos-season/
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
CE80 (11-12-2015), Flyer 86 (11-12-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 04:01 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NCkevi View Post
For what it's worth - a profile of one of SEMOs better recruits / freshman

Checking in at 6-foot-9, 230 pounds, Tony Anderson was a 3-star power forward coming out of Groveport, Ohio. According to the industry generated 247Sports Composite, he was the No. 6 basketball recruit from the state of Ohio in the 2015 class.

He played for Groveport Madison High School as a senior and averaged 18 points and 11 rebounds per game. Anderson played for Oak Hill Academy in Virginia his junior year—known for churning out basketball talent—before heading back to Ohio for his senior season.

As a recruit, he boasted offers from Washington State, West Virginia, Delaware State and Kent State, and he was also committed to Toledo for a time. Eastern Kentucky and Bowling Green also showed him some interest, as did the Big Ten’s Iowa. In fact, for a time it looked like he was a legitimate target for the Hawkeyes, so that should tell you about the amount of talent Anderson brings to the table.

Ultimately, Anderson ended up with Southeast Missouri (commonly known as SEMO), committing to the Redhawks on May 10th, 2015.

http://www.todaysu.com/ovc-today/fre...-semos-season/
Interesting stuff. I have got to believe there is a missing piece to the story. How does a player with those kind offers end up at SEMO?
Old 11-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,939 Times in 2,940 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Swampy - I don't think TWC did the exhibition game.
Sid: I didn't say TWC did it--I was respoding to a previous post that said A-10 hosted it. But to your point, yeah, it was obviously a UD-led production.
Old 11-12-2015, 04:09 PM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Last year Fox Sports wouldn't permit streaming of its telecasts. I sure hope TWC will because a number of OOC games are on TWC.
Amen, I am stuck at home from a car accident and have directv I may have tickets and a parking pass for Tuesday as both sons are working...
Mad Props to Tony T 71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 04:23 PM

Thanked 15,910 Times in 6,994 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tony T 71 View Post
Amen, I am stuck at home from a car accident and have directv I may have tickets and a parking pass for Tuesday as both sons are working...

John R....cancer...heart attack...car accident?!!!

Did you break a mirror back in 2010?

You need to find a 4-leaf clover...soon!
31770 (11-13-2015), Figgie123 (11-13-2015), Tony T 71 (11-12-2015)
Old 11-12-2015, 04:41 PM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
John R....cancer...heart attack...car accident?!!!

Did you break a mirror back in 2010?

You need to find a 4-leaf clover...soon!
Just many prayers my friend...
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Tony T 71 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (11-13-2015), FLYER5 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 12:11 AM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
From the "gosoutheast.com" website:

"Redhawks Picked Fourth in OVC West
Southeast was picked to finish fourth in the Ohio Valley Conference West Division, the league announced during its annual media day on Oct. 20. The Redhawks tallied 72 points in the overall voting by OVC head coaches and sports information directors. Murray State, the defending regular-season champion, secured 15 of the 24 first-place votes and 125 points as this year's West Division favorite, while UT Martin (9 first-place votes, 115 pts.) and Eastern Illinois (88 pts.) were also picked ahead of the Redhawks. Austin Peay (57 pts.) and SIU Edwardsville (35 pts.) closed out the West. Belmont, the defending OVC Tournament champion, was picked as the overall 2015-16 favorite. The Bruins earned 22 of 24 first-place votes and were an overwhelming favorite to win the East Division. Belmont, which received 132 points, finished first in the East in each of the first three years of divisional play. Morehead State (1 first-place vote, 105 pts.), Eastern Kentucky (1 first-place vote, 88 pts.), Tennessee Tech (67 pts.), Jacksonville State (52 pts.) and Tennessee State (48 pts.) completed the East Division. Belmont senior Craig Bradshaw was named the OVC Preseason Player of the Year."
Mad Props to Buckleyma For This Totally Excellent Post:
Tony T 71 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 09:04 AM

Thanked 1,403 Times in 429 Posts
Flyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer Al has a reputation beyond repute
The TWC internet streaming was blacked out locally in the Dayton area last year. They want you to subscribe to their service to be able to watch them. Certainly their right as I am confident that they are paying some sort of fee but it alienates a lot of fans when it is limited to a TV provider. Much different than having the choice to subscribe to a sports pack for a month or two.

That being said, in the past, these games might not have even been televised so at least someone is getting to see them.
Old 11-13-2015, 03:48 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
I just had an interesting discussion with a colleague. I expressed my excitement that college basketball was about to start tonight. The practices are over. The secret scrimmages and exhibitions are over. The real games begin tonight.

My colleague disagreed. He called these non-conference games, the pre-season. He felt that these pre-season games were only useful to prepare your team for the conference games. It was the first conference game that was the start of the real season.

I believed that my colleague was undervaluing these non-conference games in determining who gets into the NCAA tournament.

My colleague responded that if you take care of business and win your conference and the conference tournament then the pre-season does not matter.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-13-2015, 04:02 PM

rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
It's basketball season...and you know what that means!

Cheerleaders!

Dillomernda (11-13-2015), Garson (11-14-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 04:47 PM

Sid: I didn't say TWC did it--I was respoding to a previous post that said A-10 hosted it. But to your point, yeah, it was obviously a UD-led production.
Swampy - Sorry. I thought when you said "They" you were referring to TWC. Anyway, the ladies game today was obviously streamed by the UD crew as the shortcomings were the same stuff again -- end zone shots of live action where it is impossible to really see what is going on (and occasionally a close up of the ref's butt), zoom in shots following only the player with the ball (sometimes not keeping up with it) so you can't really see the O and D setups, close up shots of foul shooters and then not following the ball to the hoop, inaudible sound, etc. Does the producer/director ever look at tapes of these productions? This has been going on for years now. I know -- it is free and better than not seeing anything, but the quality of these productions should be an embarrassment to whoever is doing it. I would like to call someone next week but not sure who. Is it the athletic department?
Old 11-13-2015, 06:10 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Dunks in pre-game warm-ups. Just like peas and carrots. Go Flyers!
Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 06:41 PM

Swampy - Sorry. I thought when you said "They" you were referring to TWC. Anyway, the ladies game today was obviously streamed by the UD crew as the shortcomings were the same stuff again -- end zone shots of live action where it is impossible to really see what is going on (and occasionally a close up of the ref's butt), zoom in shots following only the player with the ball (sometimes not keeping up with it) so you can't really see the O and D setups, close up shots of foul shooters and then not following the ball to the hoop, inaudible sound, etc. Does the producer/director ever look at tapes of these productions? This has been going on for years now. I know -- it is free and better than not seeing anything, but the quality of these productions should be an embarrassment to whoever is doing it. I would like to call someone next week but not sure who. Is it the athletic department?
Don't forget the wrong score on the screen many times.
Old 11-13-2015, 06:50 PM
Captain

31770 is a jewel in the rough31770 is a jewel in the rough31770 is a jewel in the rough
So what's up with DP...????
Old 11-13-2015, 06:52 PM
Captain

31770 is a jewel in the rough31770 is a jewel in the rough31770 is a jewel in the rough
It's basketball season...and you know what that means!

Cheerleaders!

Gross pedo... act your age...
Old 11-13-2015, 09:56 PM
Brigadier General

FLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond reputeFLYER5 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 31770 View Post
This community has been going on probably since you were in braces. Don't upset it, junior. Or, in your speak, don't be a d!ck.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:27 AM
Captain

Originally Posted by FLYER5 View Post
This community has been going on probably since you were in braces. Don't upset it, junior. Or, in your speak, don't be a d!ck.
Are you ignorant! ?!??! I've been a member here nearly two years before you joined son!

And way to stick up for creeper! Maybe one day if you have a daughter you'd understand
Old 11-14-2015, 11:12 AM

Better?

31770 (11-14-2015), BRob2Perryman3 (11-14-2015), jack72 (11-14-2015)
Old 11-14-2015, 11:41 AM
Captain

Better?

Lol!
That's hilarious, well done!
Old 11-14-2015, 12:42 PM
Brigadier General

Are you ignorant! ?!??! I've been a member here nearly two years before you joined son!

And way to stick up for creeper! Maybe one day if you have a daughter you'd understand
Astute chronological observation but I've been here longer than the date says, grasshoppah. Now that you've successfully gotten into your dad's account you must feel a certain amount of accomplishment. I can assure you that picking on Rollo doesnt bring any zest at all. Been there. You may want to seek some low stress exercises. And yes, I'm 55 and enjoy looking at college cheerleaders. Are you ignorant? Just because one enjoys such pleasant vista doesn't make them a pervert. You got something you're not sharing with the group that you'd like to?
Old 11-14-2015, 10:08 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,751 Times in 793 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
And yes, I'm 55 and enjoy looking at college cheerleaders. Are you ignorant? Just because one enjoys such pleasant vista doesn't make them a pervert.
Actually that is the text book definition of one.
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
31770 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 12:00 AM
Brigadier General

Dude called someone a pedophile for posting pictures of college cheerleaders. FTR I have a 28 year old daughter whom I helped raise to be a fine, upstanding adult. She also realizes Playboy magazines appeal to men of all ages, for the pictures. People need to stop the condemnation and witch hunting. Pedophile is a strong accusation. Be sure your aim is true before you make said accusation on a sports message board!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to FLYER5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (11-15-2015), Marysville Flyer (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 12:06 AM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Go ahead deny cheerleaders are off your radar at games. Not because your wife tells you not to look but because of your own conviction. Hahaha.
BRob2Perryman3 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 12:34 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by Marysville Flyer View Post
Yup! Sorry Flyer5 you are a creeper. And I've been around on different accounts for years before as well. I'm actually in my 40's and mature enough to not degrade myself by slobbering over young girls barely legal. You too should act your age

Last edited by 31770; 11-15-2015 at 01:40 PM..
Old 11-15-2015, 01:12 PM
Captain

Dude called someone a pedophile for posting pictures of college cheerleaders.
I'm a DUDE! THE DUDE! All hail The Dude! Protector of all things things sensible and logic! Protector of the rights of women and men! Protector of the innocent and pure! Do not bow down to me but celebrate our loving cause together and let us smite those with no values or virtue! Let us hold hands and break bread to celebrate the glories of Spud in an amazing breakout freshman performance! Let us together stare in awe of big Steve's thunderous shot blocks! Let us put our heart and faith in the glorious leadership of scoochie who picks the pockets of our enemies and punishes them with wicked breakaways, cuts to the basket and splendid passes to the open man! Let us hold on our hearts together the immaculate performance of our savoir KP who owns every ball that drops off the rim. Let us take comfort in KD protecting us from our enemies attempts to violate our net! Let us be proud of DD throwing punishing daggers from 20 ft. 9 in. and developing as the next alpha. Let us never forget our supreme leader AM and always know he has a greater plan for us!

Flyer5, you do know that just because a girl is in college and a cheerleader doesn't mean she is 18? Plenty of young women get admitted to college at 17 and younger. Shame on you!
Old 11-15-2015, 01:49 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Yup! Sorry Flyer5 you are a creeper. And I've been around on different accounts for years before as well. I'm actually in my 40's and mature enough to not degrade myself by slobbering over young girls barely legal. You too should act your age
Is this serious? I think your beef is with the schools not the consumer. It's not a coincidence that 99.99999 percent of these young women are attractive. I doubt the schools, and the pros would put that much money into cheerleaders if a good portion of those able to pay for the events didn't find them easy on the eyes.

If a middle aged man enjoys the look(and by the way, posting a photo of them in action on the court is no different than posting photos of the basketball team in action on the court) it pretty much means they are at least still healthy in some areas. If same middle age man goes to where they hangout after games or some other time just to be around them, you'd have a point.

The only thing I found disturbing was he used the opponents cheerleaders and not our own.

Last edited by Smitty10; 11-15-2015 at 01:53 PM..
Old 11-15-2015, 02:38 PM
Brigadier General

Hey, I know the real reason we want the home-and-home with BYU! I saw the evidence in The First Four hahaha
Old 11-15-2015, 03:28 PM
Captain

Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Is this serious? [...] It's not a coincidence that 99.99999 percent of these young women are attractive.
Are you kidding THE DUDE?!??!? These are normal young women, not super models or playboy bunnies! You might need to adjust your calibration because all our cheerleaders are normal girls! Don't sexualize them just because they go out to support the team and try to get the sweater vest to make some noise! You need to rethink what you just said! Your in the pedo group that just drools over any young girl!
Old 11-15-2015, 03:30 PM
Captain

Hey, I know the real reason we want the home-and-home with BYU! I saw the evidence in The First Four hahaha
Way to prepare perpetuate the objectification of normal young girls who don't want your attention old man
Old 11-15-2015, 03:42 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Just a friendly reminder of the title of this thread:

"Southeast Missouri State pregame discussion thread: with less dreadful offseason discussions guaranteed!"
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 03:49 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Are you kidding THE DUDE?!??!? These are normal young women, not super models or playboy bunnies! You might need to adjust your calibration because all our cheerleaders are normal girls! Don't sexualize them just because they go out to support the team and try to get the sweater vest to make some noise! You need to rethink what you just said! Your in the pedo group that just drools over any young girl!
LOL, I'm in a pedo group, that's too much. Smitty10 is in a pedo group, labeled by apparently an a-sexual guy with a number for his name.

This was all started by a photo of cheerleaders cheering? I really don't understand some people. But carry on your crusade on a Men's (not boys') college basketball board to protect the Women (not girl) cheerleaders of the world.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 03:59 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by frisco flyer View Post
Just a friendly reminder of the title of this thread:

"Southeast Missouri State pregame discussion thread: with less dreadful offseason discussions guaranteed!"
The halftime show with the 'Elite' dunkers from Georgia was entertaining.
Cityengr (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 04:12 PM
Captain

Cityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to allCityengr is a name known to all
The halftime show with the 'Elite' dunkers from Georgia was entertaining.
Even the players on both teams were watching at the end from the tunnels (since their dunkfest ran a little long due to the Air Force oath/speech before it).
Mad Props to Cityengr For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (11-15-2015)
Old 11-15-2015, 04:15 PM
Brigadier General

Also, I mentioned this previously, I thought the most complete player on the floor besides Mikesell was Cooke. Even though he didn't fire his attempts were up there where they should be. I'll be watching for him to pick it up against Alabama.