User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-20-2014, 04:57 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
recruiting taking advantage

I don't know whether we have two additional commitments lined up but with two open ships it would seem that there is an opportunity to take advantage of the momentum and publicity that comes with this win
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2014, 05:04 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 6,301 Times in 3,004 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Personally would love to see them reel in Bibbs. Probably highly unlikely but would be a nice fit along side Pierre.
Old 03-20-2014, 05:22 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDBrian View Post
I don't know whether we have two additional commitments lined up but with two open ships it would seem that there is an opportunity to take advantage of the momentum and publicity that comes with this win
I've learned over the years that the way to take advantage is not a cinderella appearance every now and then, but a sustained annual ticket to the dance. And I really believe that this team is now in that position. Losing Vee, Kavs and DEVO is not going to be as harsh as losing Smitty and Sly, Chappy, a slew from 1990 and the disruption of of losing Purnell. I really believe that there's easier shoes to fill this time and with Darrell Davis coming in, and the experience that the Freshman, Sophomore and Juniors are getting this season, we're on our way.

But most of all, I believe in Archie to take us to heights we've never been before.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
dnutz77 (03-23-2014), Flyer 86 (03-20-2014)
Old 03-20-2014, 06:49 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
I agree on all counts. No question that one appearance isn't equal to having multiple appearances in a row. But, having two remaining scholarships available right now to capitalize might end up being a good thing.

I also agree on Archie, he was my pick early on and so far I am very happy with the choice
Old 03-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,455 Times in 1,282 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
I've learned over the years that the way to take advantage is not a cinderella appearance every now and then, but a sustained annual ticket to the dance. And I really believe that this team is now in that position. Losing Vee, Kavs and DEVO is not going to be as harsh as losing Smitty and Sly, Chappy, a slew from 1990 and the disruption of of losing Purnell. I really believe that there's easier shoes to fill this time and with Darrell Davis coming in, and the experience that the Freshman, Sophomore and Juniors are getting this season, we're on our way.

But most of all, I believe in Archie to take us to heights we've never been before.
Not never, maybe "in a long time" would be more appropriate
Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer69ers (03-23-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 11:58 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,123 Times in 5,859 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
We need to call/tweet every big kid on our radar.