UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement
View Poll Results: Golden DNutz Award - Syracuse...
Pierre 26 36.62%
Oliver 3 4.23%
Sanford 1 1.41%
Sibert 5 7.04%
Miller and Co 36 50.70%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2014, 11:29 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 15,912 Times in 6,995 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
GOLDEN DNUTZ Award goes to...

Sorry DNuts...your balls aint brass no more...they are officially 24k gold.

So let's vote for the BIG winner...
dnutz77 (03-22-2014)
Advertisement
Old 03-22-2014, 11:31 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
The coaching staff, siberts 3, .... the defense. Only 1 made basket outside the paint.....
Old 03-22-2014, 11:33 PM

Thanked 6,634 Times in 3,033 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Sibert's loooong three to put us up six was huuuuuge!
Old 03-22-2014, 11:33 PM

Thanked 15,912 Times in 6,995 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't see 1 minute of today's action...spent half the day in Cinci at an AAU tournament and the rest of the night at the Oakwood HS Spring Musical. Just got home...UGH!

BEER!

Last edited by rollo; 03-23-2014 at 07:56 AM..
Old 03-22-2014, 11:34 PM
1st Lieutenant

Alum 91 is on a distinguished road
Rollo, your'e the last true family man
Mad Props to Alum 91 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-23-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 11:36 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,602 Times in 5,092 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Kavanaugh played great. Pierre played great. But Archie coached a masterpiece, IMO.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Fudd For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (03-23-2014), ClaytonFlyerFan (03-23-2014), dnutz77 (03-22-2014), FLYER5 (03-23-2014), priceg75 (03-22-2014), Smitty10 (03-22-2014), Viperstick (03-23-2014), westchesterflyer (03-23-2014)
Old 03-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Colonel

udisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to beholdudisit19 is a splendid one to behold
Sibert's three was HUGE and I will give him my vote for that shot. It wasn't a last five seconds shot like Vee's bank against osu, but Siberts was much more difficult.

DP made a big 3 and was good at the free throw line again, but his three was there because of 4 great passes before it.

And don't forget, Scoochie hit a big three. It hit the back of the rim and got a favorable bounce, but it still went in and he made the late game layup.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:58 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Not Golden DNutz, these are the size of grapefruits today!!!
Old 03-23-2014, 12:12 AM
Captain

Windy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud ofWindy City Flyer has much to be proud of
My vote is for Archie Miller. He had his team coach extremely well prepared. It's extremely tough playing a Syracuse team with so little time. I can hear Archie in meetings saying

- Be patient against the Zone. Make sure you move the ball quickly.
- Keep the ball out of the corners. Avoid getting trapped. (it leads to fast breaks)
- Let's limit their posesions by moving the ball around on the perimeter.
- Run the court on missed shots.
- Get the ball inside to the middle and occupy the defender in the middle. Take the ball to the basket or move it out quickly.
- Everyone crash the boards especially on defense. We can only give them one shot.
- Stay with your man on defense. Everyone has to man up.
- Be ready to shoot quickly from perimeter. Take the shot if it's there.

This was an epic performance against a unbelievably athletic and long Syracuse team. Our preparation and in game execution was unbelievable. Archie deserves credit for a coaching a great game as well. Boheim thought (and was wrong) that sticking with their game plan would work. He underestimated how mentally tough the Flyers are. This came largely because this team learned from playing St Louis, St Joes, Richmond, UMASS, VCU, GW what it would take to win down the stretch. I'll drink my "Kool Aid' for Archie!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Windy City Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (03-23-2014), Flyer 86 (03-23-2014)
Old 03-23-2014, 01:12 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
When did we decide to play defense? And when did we decide to play really excellent defense?

Archie. Is this your doing?
Mad Props to bobber For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (03-23-2014)
Old 03-23-2014, 01:15 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Windy City Flyer View Post
My vote is for Archie Miller. He had his team coach extremely well prepared. It's extremely tough playing a Syracuse team with so little time. I can hear Archie in meetings saying

- Be patient against the Zone. Make sure you move the ball quickly.
- Keep the ball out of the corners. Avoid getting trapped. (it leads to fast breaks)
- Let's limit their posesions by moving the ball around on the perimeter.
- Run the court on missed shots.
- Get the ball inside to the middle and occupy the defender in the middle. Take the ball to the basket or move it out quickly.
- Everyone crash the boards especially on defense. We can only give them one shot.
- Stay with your man on defense. Everyone has to man up.
- Be ready to shoot quickly from perimeter. Take the shot if it's there.

This was an epic performance against a unbelievably athletic and long Syracuse team. Our preparation and in game execution was unbelievable. Archie deserves credit for a coaching a great game as well. Boheim thought (and was wrong) that sticking with their game plan would work. He underestimated how mentally tough the Flyers are. This came largely because this team learned from playing St Louis, St Joes, Richmond, UMASS, VCU, GW what it would take to win down the stretch. I'll drink my "Kool Aid' for Archie!
Excellent post.
Old 03-23-2014, 01:32 AM
General

Thanked 4,890 Times in 2,254 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Last month when I ran into Jimmie Binnie, he asked me how we liked Archie. I couched my answer around the frustration at the time that we were repeating what had become an all too familiar refrain--great non-con performance, only to fall apart in conference.

I am simply astounded at how this team has channeled its inner 1990 squad and completely turned the season around. As much grief as I and many other posters have heaped on the coaching staff, they deserve the lion's share of the credit for not just righting the ship, but for creating masterful game plans to knock off high quality teams in the last quarter of the season, many away from home.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
GoFlyer (03-23-2014), rollo (03-23-2014)
Old 03-23-2014, 10:06 AM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by udisit19 View Post
Sibert's three was HUGE and I will give him my vote for that shot. It wasn't a last five seconds shot like Vee's bank against osu, but Siberts was much more difficult.

DP made a big 3 and was good at the free throw line again, but his three was there because of 4 great passes before it.

And don't forget, Scoochie hit a big three. It hit the back of the rim and got a favorable bounce, but it still went in and he made the late game layup.

DON "T forget Scoochie's HUGE steal for a layup in the last two minutes (less I think). Ennis and Cuse was making their run then. Totally changed the energy from Cuse's favor
Old 03-23-2014, 01:52 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Game plan was perfect.

As for on court plays, hard to pick between Sibert's deep three (after he turned down a squared up wide open look 10 seconds earlier) or Scoochies strip of Ennis and the resulting layup. I actually tend to think that was the bigger play because it provided the working margin that Sibert's trey expanded.
Old 03-23-2014, 02:09 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Pierre had the big 3 and some clutch free throws.