User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-24-2008, 01:12 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Required reading for AD/TK naysayers

Great article in DDN on TK with views from other A-10 AD's.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...spkissell.html
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2008, 03:03 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,503 Times in 4,705 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Great article. If the accolades come from your peers, it means more than anything.

Ted Kissell--"aggressive.....forthright.....fiercely loyal...extremely bright....has done some amazing things........vision and aspiration.....creative perspective...."

And those words come from competing AD's in the A10 and the former Exec Director of the NCAA.

A terrific asset to the University of Dayton.
Old 08-24-2008, 04:45 PM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Thumbs down Where is tman?

Originally Posted by Avid Flyer View Post
Great article in DDN on TK with views from other A-10 AD's.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/con...spkissell.html
Any thoughts tman?
Old 08-24-2008, 07:17 PM
1st Lieutenant

howard roark can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Great article. If the accolades come from your peers, it means more than anything.

Ted Kissell--"aggressive.....forthright.....fiercely loyal...extremely bright....has done some amazing things........vision and aspiration.....creative perspective...."

And those words come from competing AD's in the A10 and the former Exec Director of the NCAA.

A terrific asset to the University of Dayton.
Those are nice things to say, but Bobinski complimenting Kissell is like Colonel Hogan complimenting Colonel Klink on his record of zero prisoner escapes.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Just off the Jet

RitaOhio is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by howard roark View Post
Those are nice things to say, but Bobinski complimenting Kissell is like Colonel Hogan complimenting Colonel Klink on his record of zero prisoner escapes.
Agreed -what ad is going to say anything negative about a guy who is retiring?? Nice article, but no ad is going to give any reporter an honest opinion on any subject. If they did that, they would be out of a job.
Old 08-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Just off the Jet

RitaOhio is on a distinguished road
one other take - interesting that bobinski says that everything TK did had a UD slant - wonder if he lost some credibility in the room because of that?? I know in my work, there are people who always have an angle, and you tend to be more cautious of them because of that??
Old 08-24-2008, 10:36 PM

Binnie Bombs 33 is on a distinguished road
Jan. 2nd there will be parties at houses on campus ... and not just post new-years' ... I'll get addresses and let you know every toast will be to Tim.

To me I look forward to basketball, I dont chatter about the upcoming non-conference soccer schedule or whatever ... and I believe that is almost everyone on here. Will I go to a game or two and support UD, hell yes! But I care about basketball.

When you have an AD here for 17 freaking years and not one Ncaa victory ... then I am sorry, bottom line you are not getting it done. Its time to stop accepting mediocrity, the money UD gets there is no reason we should not be more successful.

New AD, New blood, New IDEAS.

During X-Mas break the ghetto will be hopping, because the old crap is gone and the new era will bring exciting new possibilities.

So cheers to a new philosophy and prosperus years to follow!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:25 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 3,787 Times in 1,933 Posts
Avid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeAvid Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I can assure you that the student body gives a rats a$$ about the AD whomever it is or will be. The students will be partying long before Jan comes around. Victories from all the teams that TK has built up as well as the success of this years mens bball team. And oh btw the students will cheer and celebrate just about anything. Trust me they love to party.

Originally Posted by Binnie Bombs 33 View Post
Jan. 2nd there will be parties at houses on campus ... and not just post new-years' ... I'll get addresses and let you know every toast will be to Tim.

To me I look forward to basketball, I dont chatter about the upcoming non-conference soccer schedule or whatever ... and I believe that is almost everyone on here. Will I go to a game or two and support UD, hell yes! But I care about basketball.

When you have an AD here for 17 freaking years and not one Ncaa victory ... then I am sorry, bottom line you are not getting it done. Its time to stop accepting mediocrity, the money UD gets there is no reason we should not be more successful.

During X-Mas break the ghetto will be hopping, because the old crap is gone and the new era will bring exciting new possibilities.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:37 AM

Thanked 2,426 Times in 1,080 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Talking

Originally Posted by howard roark View Post
2000 points awarded 1k for the screen name, and 1k for the tremendous Hogan's Heroes reference.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:19 PM

Thanked 17,159 Times in 5,119 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
85% of the student body couldnt give you the first name of the Athletic Director, nevermind the last.

At any university.

Just like 85% couldnt tell you who the Governor of Ohio is.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
"Yeah....220, 221, whatever it takes." - Jack Butler (Mr. Mom)
Old 08-25-2008, 06:31 PM

John R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud ofJohn R has much to be proud of
Angry Is he really a Flyer basketball fan?

If you're such a big UD basketball fan I would think you would be at the UD Toledo game that night.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:05 PM

Well since I graduated last year and I am a Assistant SID for a school I wish to be un named ... b/c some people are jerks on this website because of past comments on ud bball (it happens, its sad) they take it to a personal level ... I may not be able to make it to the toledo game ... but if I can keep moving up, maybe someday (decade down the road) you will see what I am talking about with my past ideas on scheduling.

But I will be visiting Ohio this week for a wedding and stopping on campus to see my friends who havent graduated. All of them know who Ted was and you can be sure we will be toasting, roasting and enjoying a chapter closed in UD Men's Bball that was a long wait coming (notice I said UD basketball, not volleyball or soccer).

And Jan. 2 I am sure all of us will somehow raise a beer wherever we are.

Last edited by Binnie Bombs 33; 08-25-2008 at 09:19 PM..
Old 08-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Stay classy.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:00 PM

San Diego
Old 08-26-2008, 05:58 AM

Well since I graduated last year and I am a Assistant SID for a school I wish to be un named ... b/c some people are jerks on this website because of past comments on ud bball (it happens, its sad) they take it to a personal level ... I may not be able to make it to the toledo game ... but if I can keep moving up, maybe someday (decade down the road) you will see what I am talking about with my past ideas on scheduling.

But I will be visiting Ohio this week for a wedding and stopping on campus to see my friends who havent graduated. All of them know who Ted was and you can be sure we will be toasting, roasting and enjoying a chapter closed in UD Men's Bball that was a long wait coming (notice I said UD basketball, not volleyball or soccer).

And Jan. 2 I am sure all of us will somehow raise a beer wherever we are.
Ted was? I hate to let you know but Ted still is.

Hey Binnie Bombs tell us what school it is where we can follow your progress. LOL

I'm sure everyone on this board hopes that if you ever become a AD its not at Dayton.
Old 08-26-2008, 08:06 AM

Thanked 15,914 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Well since I graduated last year and I am a Assistant SID for a school I wish to be un named ...

Since when do day care centers hire SID's?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:19 AM
Colonel

smitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond reputesmitch425 has a reputation beyond repute
c'mon

Originally Posted by rollo View Post
Since when do day care centers hire SID's?
That's low, dude.
Old 08-26-2008, 09:10 AM
Colonel

BallgameJohnny is infamous around these parts
its rollo, you expect anything else?
Old 08-26-2008, 10:40 AM

Haha, its cool.

Yeah, I agree I go nuts and stuff on here. But like 75% of the people on this board, you can type whatever you want with no repercussions of anyone but your friends knowing who you are.

All I know is I am the total opposite in person ... and really only talk like this about sports with my close friends. Let's just say my image is very good and I am very good at what I do.

Im not going to let out my personal information, but I am an Asst. SID, 3 months out of college ... goal is to be a head SID at this school in 8-12 months since the head is moving up ... and I really would like to be the Asst. SID at a D-1 school (like a Dayton or Butler type) within the next 20 months or so.

How funny would it be at a press conference at UD, when I reveal my alias when announced as the head SID, 5 yrs down the road. Hahahaha.
Old 08-26-2008, 04:13 PM

Haha, its cool.

Yeah, I agree I go nuts and stuff on here. But like 75% of the people on this board, you can type whatever you want with no repercussions of anyone but your friends knowing who you are.

All I know is I am the total opposite in person ... and really only talk like this about sports with my close friends. Let's just say my image is very good and I am very good at what I do.

Im not going to let out my personal information, but I am an Asst. SID, 3 months out of college ... goal is to be a head SID at this school in 8-12 months since the head is moving up ... and I really would like to be the Asst. SID at a D-1 school (like a Dayton or Butler type) within the next 20 months or so.

How funny would it be at a press conference at UD, when I reveal my alias when announced as the head SID, 5 yrs down the road. Hahahaha.
The University would never let that happen.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:39 PM

You never know
Old 08-26-2008, 06:48 PM

You never know
I know.