Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Major

UDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these partsUDF4N4LIF3 is infamous around these parts
Post What are the chances that Payne comes to UD in 2010?

So far for the 2010 class that looks like it could be the best class in UD history.

PG- Juwan Staten (Verbal) 4 Star

SG- Theres a kid on Flyerhoops.net that they talk about for SG about i don't know his name. anybody got any info?

PF-Patric Young (Prospect) Should be a 3 star

C- Adreian Payne (Prospect) 5 Star

just Imagine!

PG- Juwan Staten

SG- Paul Williams

SF- Chris Wright ( If he stays for a Senior Year)

PF- Josh Benson

C- Adreian Payne

NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you guys doubt Brian Gregory?????????????

Last edited by UDF4N4LIF3; 07-20-2008 at 04:13 PM..
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2008, 04:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Very Nasty!

that SG is Aaron Cosby, a 6'2" player out of Louisville. He decommited from UMass after Ford left. Dayton, Auburn, Miami (Oh.), Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Purdue, and South Carolina are his final teams it sounds like.

Couple of quotes from him:

He visited Dayton at the end of June and came away impressed. "I really liked it," he began. "It's a nice campus and the coaches made me feel really good."

"Coach Gregory has told me that I'm a top priority recruit and that they're going to be right there for me every step of the way. That made me feel really good because I want to feel like I'm really wanted."

Cosby admits the Atlantic 10 is an attraction to him. "I love the A-10," he stated. "It has guard-oriented teams that play at a fast pace and I like that about the conference."

Hopefully we get one for the good guys!
Old 07-20-2008, 04:21 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
btw

I think we have a very, very good chance at landing Payne...supposedly one his favorite things to do is go to open gyms at the Arena and play against former, current and future dayton flyers, which is awesome. A lot of big time teams are after him, including OSU.

He would be the highest and probably best recruit ever to come to UD! My fingers are crossed.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:31 PM
1st Lieutenant

bosoxrule is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by UDF4N4LIF3 View Post
So far for the 2010 class that looks like it could be the best class in UD history.

SG- Theres a kid on Flyerhoops.net that they talk about for SG about i don't know his name. anybody got any info?

just Imagine!

PG- Juwan Staten

SG- Paul Williams

PF- Josh Benson

C- Adreian Payne

Cmon! Out of that entire starting line up we have seen one guy play half a season. We have no clue how those other guys are going to end up being, plus we only signed 3 of those 5. I will continue to doubt Gregory until we have a team that makes it into the NCAA tourney and does well in the A-10 (not including his 1st season where he came to a team with 4 1000 pt scorers).
Old 07-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,572 Times in 5,079 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDF4N4LIF3 View Post

just Imagine!

PG- Juwan Staten

SG- Paul Williams

PF- Josh Benson

C- Adreian Payne

I'm anxious to see Kavanaugh in that mix too. If we could land Payne, we certainly would have the pg and center positions sured up. I think those are the two hardest positions to recruit. That would set us up for one heck of a team.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:19 PM
Captain

skip69 is just really niceskip69 is just really niceskip69 is just really niceskip69 is just really nice
Rose colored glasses?

I posted awhile back that my wife and I sat bewhind his family (he was not there) and they commented that it was close between UD and X. He has a cousin going to X (??). Yes, he may like to match up with UD guys around here. But, then again, where else would he go to match up with college guys on a regular basis if not local?

If I were him, I'd want to UD's scheduling plans (to the extent possible) to see if it would provide some stiff competition and get me on regional/national TV. If not, why go here? X plays a better schedule and if the big boys are really starting to go after him (Georgetown, OSU, Fla., UNC, etc.) then we don't have a chance unless his grandma and family sways him to play local or he is REALLY tight with current and future UD players.

I love UD and despite X, but I'd feel compelled to go to the best possible school in the vicinity (X or OSU?) to enhance my college career and future NBA prospects (assuming I felt I had such aspirations/ability).
Old 07-20-2008, 09:28 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
The schedule will take care of itself. As the team continues to get better the schedule difficulty will also improve. When you have a really good team they seem to find themselves on national tv against the big boys. When you have a bubble team they somehow don't find themselves on national tv. With Juwan, Matt and other players UD will have the ability to compete
Old 07-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Commander in Chief

Thanked 10,572 Times in 5,079 Posts
Fudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond reputeFudd has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by skip69 View Post
I posted awhile back that my wife and I sat bewhind his family (he was not there) and they commented that it was close between UD and X. He has a cousin going to X (??). Yes, he may like to match up with UD guys around here. But, then again, where else would he go to match up with college guys on a regular basis if not local?

If I were him, I'd want to UD's scheduling plans (to the extent possible) to see if it would provide some stiff competition and get me on regional/national TV. If not, why go here? X plays a better schedule and if the big boys are really starting to go after him (Georgetown, OSU, Fla., UNC, etc.) then we don't have a chance unless his grandma and family sways him to play local or he is REALLY tight with current and future UD players.

I love UD and despite X, but I'd feel compelled to go to the best possible school in the vicinity (X or OSU?) to enhance my college career and future NBA prospects (assuming I felt I had such aspirations/ability).
This is why none of that matters. Guess who said this.

"A school is a school. The name on the jersey doesn't make the player because on draft day you don't go up and take your jersey up there when you get drafted. They don't say this jersey did this for you, you do the work yourself. You make the jersey."

Last edited by Fudd; 07-21-2008 at 12:05 AM..
Old 07-21-2008, 07:56 AM
Colonel

Atlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud ofAtlantic 10 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Fudd View Post
This is why none of that matters. Guess who said this.

"A school is a school. The name on the jersey doesn't make the player because on draft day you don't go up and take your jersey up there when you get drafted. They don't say this jersey did this for you, you do the work yourself. You make the jersey."
OUR first lottery pick from UD, Chris Wright
Old 07-21-2008, 08:55 AM
Academy Doolie

XUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these partsXUFAN02 is infamous around these parts
There is no doubt that UD and OSU are the top two in the recruitment of Payne. I know Xavier has offered Payne, but his ties to current and future UD and OSU players are a significant advantage working against XU. I honestly think Xavier is going to look elsewhere in the class of 2010 for a PF. Also with the possibility of Derrick Brown going pro after this season, Xavier might persue a PF late in the signing period which would all eliminate the need for another PF in the 2010 class.

All that said, If UD has a solid year and all the BG haters go away, I think Payne is UD's the lose.