User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 07-20-2019, 02:09 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
That. Was. Awesome. The lockdown D and then how fitting that the game ends on a DMO dunk.

WE DON’T GET TIRED.
Mad Props to FlyerGuyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
redbengal (07-20-2019)
Advertisement
Old 07-20-2019, 02:15 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer Al View Post
I enjoy it. There was one point where the Red Scare missed a shot late in the Elam Ending and my first thought was get a quick foul to stop the clock and then I realized, there was no need. Just get back and play defense. That's the best thing about this type of ending (other than that it was created by a UD grad) which is that there is no endless parade to the foul line late in games. Makes the games that much more interesting and exciting.
Yes, yes, yes. That's the best part of it. Action until the end. Not a final minute of basketball that lasts 15. If it weren't for all the advertising money the get in the final minute, NCAA would/should adopt this rule.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
zmz723 (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 02:21 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,262 Times in 666 Posts
FlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond reputeFlyerGuyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FlyerGuyer View Post
WE DON’T GET TIRED.

...or maybe we do. Looks like Kyle is taking a nap in the post-game press conference haha:

https://mobile.twitter.com/DavidPJab...42515801182208
Old 07-20-2019, 02:23 PM
Captain

MikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
My question on Elam scoring. Why start with 9 minutes on clock? Why not just put up 5 minutes and the teams play through past zero? Seems to me the 9 minutes is meaningless.
I wasn't paying that close of attention, but I thought there is no clock once they start Elam. (other than shot clock)
Old 07-20-2019, 02:23 PM
Colonel

zmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud of
Yes, yes, yes. That's the best part of it. Action until the end. Not a final minute of basketball that lasts 15. If it weren't for all the advertising money the get in the final minute, NCAA would/should adopt this rule.
Agree 100%. Not having an endless parade to the free throw line is so refreshing. Also was fun to watch how intense it got down the stretch
Old 07-20-2019, 02:29 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MikeFlyer View Post
I wasn't paying that close of attention, but I thought there is no clock once they start Elam. (other than shot clock)
You're right which is why I asked the question. Why start with 9 minutes if after 5(or a little more) the clock shuts off. Why not just start at 5 but not stop play when the clock hits zero. 9 is meaningless. Unless it's a way to get novices like me a slow, methodical way of understanding it.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:29 PM
Captain

MikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to beholdMikeFlyer is a splendid one to behold
https://twitter.com/i/status/1152638761072779264
Mad Props to MikeFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 02:32 PM
General

Thanked 2,810 Times in 1,546 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Maverick Morgan from Springboro near Dayton and former Illinois player is playing for BigX. I always thought he had all the tools, but his game was just too soft for the Big 10.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:33 PM
Captain

You're right which is why I asked the question. Why start with 9 minutes if after 5(or a little more) the clock shuts off. Why not just start at 5 but not stop play when the clock hits zero. 9 is meaningless. Unless it's a way to get novices like me a slow, methodical way of understanding it.
Sorry, now I understand your question. I don't have an answer.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:35 PM
General

Originally Posted by zmz723 View Post
Agree 100%. Not having an endless parade to the free throw line is so refreshing. Also was fun to watch how intense it got down the stretch
I could see adding a little flavor to it by also having reached the target score(80 in today's case) the winning team has to win by 3. That would give you more of an overtime feel that you would lose otherwise.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:39 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
Play does not stop with 4 minutes left. It is the next dead ball after 4 minutes are left. Keeps game moving and no hold for last shot.
Old 07-20-2019, 02:40 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 10,038 Times in 2,599 Posts
lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Maverick Morgan from Springboro near Dayton and former Illinois player is playing for BigX. I always thought he had all the tools, but his game was just too soft for the Big 10.
Dude is a loser... As a UM fan too, I'd like to say thanks to him because after UM lost to the Illini in Champaign he called them "white collar," after that the won 80+% of their games for like 3 years, including a national champ game appearance lol
Old 07-20-2019, 02:49 PM
General

Originally Posted by John C. View Post
Play does not stop with 4 minutes left. It is the next dead ball after 4 minutes are left. Keeps game moving and no hold for last shot.
I understand that, so why not just keep playing through a zero clock instead of putting 9 minutes up which really is meaningless. 5 minutes would be meaningful in that if you understand the rules, as the clock is approaching zero and past, it makes more sense.

Wait, maybe the reason is the shot clocks won't work during a play clock of zero?
Old 07-20-2019, 02:52 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,749 Times in 791 Posts
Marysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeMarysville Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
I understand that, so why not just keep playing through a zero clock instead of putting 9 minutes up which really is meaningless. 5 minutes would be meaningful in that if you understand the rules, as the clock is approaching zero and past, it makes more sense.

Wait, maybe the reason is the shot clocks won't work during a play clock of zero?
That’s it because they put 99:99 on the clock in the ELAM period so shot clocks work
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Marysville Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 02:58 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
love this elam scoring system. That was fun.
You should--it was developed by Nick Elam, a MENSA member who is from Dayton:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/04/26/tb...r-earl-boykins
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 03:14 PM
General

Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
You should--it was developed by Nick Elam, a MENSA member who is from Dayton:

https://www.si.com/nba/2018/04/26/tb...r-earl-boykins
That's cool. But I'd like it even if it were created by a panel of ex-Xavier players and coaches and Steve Bardo making the final decision.
Old 07-20-2019, 03:36 PM
General

BTW, did anybody else get taken back 3 to 5 years when Kendall was sent to the FT line with 2 huge FTs toward the end? Love Kendall Pollard, but knew he'd brick them lol
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-20-2019), TommyGola (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 03:53 PM

Thanked 2,208 Times in 974 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Textbook

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Red Scare wins! Kyle goes coast to coast, but misses a layup...Devon finishes it with a slam!!!!!!!!!!!
Both players did the exact correct thing by FIBA rules.
Kyle got the ball on the rim. DMO flushed it.
Every shot that goes up should have someone assaulting the rim.
No goaltending in this tournament.
Old 07-20-2019, 04:00 PM

MrsFlyerFanatic is on a distinguished road
Thankful for a great weekend and 2 Red Scare wins!

Life has gotten so crazy-busy that I seldom have time to get on the board. Thanks to great employees and friends covering the B&B and wine bar, MrFlyerFanatic and I were able to plan a weekend getaway with the TBT as the scheduling impetus. So fun seeing our alumni players on the court again, and Ryan Bruns has been a real contributor, which it has to be a bit of a challenge to come into the culture of our True Team.

On Ideal Travel trips spanning a Sunday, I let folks know where we are heading to Mass. We are flying solo this weekend, but Christ the King has a 10am mass tomorrow. They are located at 2777 E. Livingston Ave. Columbus, OH 43209, about a mile from the game.

If you are looking to give a little thanks tomorrow, we will see you there (unless they kick me out for wearing my jersey.) I like my chances, though.
Go Flyers!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MrsFlyerFanatic For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (07-20-2019), OSU Flyer (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 04:49 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrsFlyerFanatic View Post
Life has gotten so crazy-busy that I seldom have time to get on the board. Thanks to great employees and friends covering the B&B and wine bar, MrFlyerFanatic and I were able to plan a weekend getaway with the TBT as the scheduling impetus. So fun seeing our alumni players on the court again, and Ryan Bruns has been a real contributor, which it has to be a bit of a challenge to come into the culture of our True Team.

On Ideal Travel trips spanning a Sunday, I let folks know where we are heading to Mass. We are flying solo this weekend, but Christ the King has a 10am mass tomorrow. They are located at 2777 E. Livingston Ave. Columbus, OH 43209, about a mile from the game.

If you are looking to give a little thanks tomorrow, we will see you there (unless they kick me out for wearing my jersey.) I like my chances, though.
Go Flyers!

And Mr. and Mrs. FF got some ESPN face time today!
Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 05:03 PM
Captain

Flyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to all
Sunday's game?

Can someone tell me when the venue opens? Got my ticket and cannot wait. Go RED SCARE!!!
Mad Props to Flyer Dave For This Totally Excellent Post:
Justin (07-20-2019)
Old 07-20-2019, 05:25 PM

Sid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant futureSid Louick has a brilliant future
Are they playing TOSU tomorrow?
Old 07-20-2019, 06:01 PM
General of the Air Force

lhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond reputelhsgolf19 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Sid Louick View Post
Are they playing TOSU tomorrow?
They are... Noon on ESPN
Old 07-20-2019, 06:29 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,560 Times in 2,453 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
Venue opens at 11AM
Old 07-20-2019, 06:39 PM
Major

66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of66flyer has much to be proud of
Missed the game due to a family party. Watching the recording now. It's easier watching when I know they won. I would be wreck at the close final because I know they were up by more than 10 earlier.
i think the announcer who kept calling Baby D Darnell, finally got it right in the 2nd half. But even though they praised Dayton during the game, they keep saying what the other team had to do to win.
More recording tomorrow due to church and lunch after. It's probably better for my nerves, but overall, it's helping my basketball deprivation. I REALLY want to beat OSU tomorrow!
Old 07-20-2019, 07:11 PM
Academy Doolie

Jaco2112 is on a distinguished road
It's a shame that Josh and Dyshawn couldn't join them - they could make a real difference in tomorrows game - which is going to be tough without much depth. Fun to watch these guys play, though!
Old 07-20-2019, 11:07 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
My question on Elam scoring. Why start with 9 minutes on clock? Why not just put up 5 minutes and the teams play through past zero? Seems to me the 9 minutes is meaningless.
They need time on the clock for the shot clock to keep running.
Old 07-21-2019, 08:52 AM
Lieutenant General

Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
SC Top 10
https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...42144026398720

Vee Sanford

Mannnnn I’ll tell you this beyond it all I’m having fun playing with these guys. Like we are dead serious when we compete but always crack a joke or two in the middle of the game. It’s one of a kind !!

7:39 PM - 20 Jul 2019
Old 07-21-2019, 09:32 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Since Dyshawn and Josh are on the roster I wonder if they are eligible to play next weekend should the Red Scare advance?
Old 07-21-2019, 10:20 AM
Lieutenant General

This section of the rules says you can add to the roster, but not subtract. They had to pay to add Ryan Bruns (did not have enough registered fans) So I believe because they are on the roster, Josh and Dyshawn could join them anytime, even today.

a. A Team may add, but not subtract, Players after June 1, 2019 and up to seventy-two hours before the day of the Team’s first game, but only after Producer has received a $1,000 Player Registration Fee, as described immediately below in III, 2 or if the Team has accrued 1,000 registered supporters at least seventy-two (72) hours before the Team’s first game.

Last edited by Lifelong Flyer Fan; 07-21-2019 at 10:51 AM.. Reason: deleted incorrect info
Old 07-21-2019, 11:28 AM
General

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,143 Posts
OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
It's been said before but it's incredible how much Devin Oliver improved since his freshman year
Old 07-21-2019, 11:58 AM
General of the Air Force

Coach Grant in attendance today
Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 12:02 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,360 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Coach Grant in attendance today
I was hopeful he and current players showed up. Wichita, KS apparently sold 70,000 tickets. Imagine this event at UD Arena.🤗
Old 07-21-2019, 12:14 PM
General of the Air Force

Baby D scorching early
Old 07-21-2019, 12:19 PM
Captain

rasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to behold
We need Bucky on the telecast to counter Paul Keels on PBP
Old 07-21-2019, 12:20 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
Don’t know if Kyle fouled him but that was the latest whistle I’ve seen and heard in a couple of years.
Old 07-21-2019, 12:21 PM
Colonel

redbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud ofredbengal has much to be proud of
And now Kyle scoring over Craft with the little push after the bucket. Love it!
Old 07-21-2019, 12:24 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by lhsgolf19 View Post
Baby D scorching early
He is smart. Giving these 2 lunkhead announcers plenty of chances to get his name right. Say my name!
Old 07-21-2019, 12:26 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
Watching on TV, but I love the insane amount of Flyers in attendance.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-21-2019, 12:37 PM
Colonel

Pretty impressive by Lighty as he managed to somehow get all arm (no call).
Old 07-21-2019, 12:53 PM
General of the Air Force

42-40 OSU at the half
Old 07-21-2019, 01:14 PM
Colonel

Yikes! Bruns looking very D3 today.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:16 PM
Colonel

NOT a foul on KP. So that’s settled at least.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:19 PM
Colonel

Flyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud ofFlyerferd has much to be proud of
We need to rally quickly or this could get ugly.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-21-2019, 01:21 PM
General

Thanked 4,525 Times in 2,050 Posts
Glen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond reputeGlen Clark has a reputation beyond repute
Score?

Old 07-21-2019, 01:26 PM
General of the Air Force

Still fighting even though they are running on fumes

62-52 OSU after 3
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to lhsgolf19 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (07-21-2019), ud69 (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 01:53 PM
Captain

rasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to beholdrasta man is a splendid one to behold
nice run guys, but man the lack of depth took a toll on them. Get a couple of more players and next year it could be a really good team
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to rasta man For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-21-2019), ud69 (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 01:57 PM
Colonel

Buckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud ofBuckleyma has much to be proud of
Same issue as in division 1 play. Red scare has too short of a bench. Reflective.....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-21-2019, 01:58 PM

Thanked 10,134 Times in 5,868 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Bruns is a stiff who looks like a walk on.

Lay this loss squarely on the shoulders of Cunningham and Pierre. I hope those guys had a great reason, otherwise they let down their teammates and a bunch of Flyer fans big time.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
JimBo (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 02:02 PM
Lieutenant General

No need to criticize Bruns. He contributed in the first two wins. Also a shout out to Dillard who was injured before the tournament started, but showed up and gave it his all.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (07-22-2019), Lowd&ProUD (07-22-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 02:09 PM

ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Gotta love Kyle Davis going at Craft late.

The first quarter the intensity was there. However, as fatigue set in we started settling for threes and getting burned on our transition defense. Bruns was not much help and over matched in this game. Have not seen the stats but I think we got torched on the boards as well. We really only had 6 guys that could play at this level and 3 games in 3 days for even elite athletes is difficult - let alone these older guys.

Need to pick up some depth next year. One problem for some of the guys is that their contracts with their professional teams may limit participation in an event like this for fear of injury.

Still, was fun to watch and a welcome highlight in the middle of a summer basketball desert.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:12 PM

jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lifelong Flyer Fan View Post
No need to criticize Bruns. He contributed in the first two wins. Also a shout out to Dillard who was injured before the tournament started, but showed up and gave it his all.
Not criticizing Bruns. At least he showed up. I am 100% criticizing the two who were no shows, and made us play a Bruns.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
Gotta love Kyle Davis going at Craft late.

The first quarter the intensity was there. However, as fatigue set in we started settling for threes and getting burned on our transition defense. Bruns was not much help and over matched in this game. Have not seen the stats but I think we got torched on the boards as well. We really only had 6 guys that could play at this level and 3 games in 3 days for even elite athletes is difficult - let alone these older guys.

Need to pick up some depth next year. One problem for some of the guys is that their contracts with their professional teams may limit participation in an event like this for fear of injury.

Still, was fun to watch and a welcome highlight in the middle of a summer basketball desert.

Too hot to do anything outside. This was the perfect weekend to watch some surprise basketball! Definitely a welcome sports oasis.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Flyerferd For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (07-22-2019), ud69 (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 06:09 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,761 Times in 1,129 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
I watched the game on tape delay. It just reinforced how much I loved watching Kyle Davis play. One of my all time favorite UD players.
8 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to springborofan For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (07-22-2019), ClaytonFlyerFan (07-21-2019), fuz_forward (07-22-2019), Lowd&ProUD (07-22-2019), OSU Flyer (07-21-2019), redbengal (07-21-2019), Sticks 'n Stearns (07-21-2019), superfan99 (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 06:14 PM
Major

superfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfan99 has a reputation beyond repute
It was awesome to watch bonus games from Flyers that I didn’t think I would ever get to see again. Especially Kyle Davis and Pollard. Those two are beasts and played so hard. Kyle drove on Craft several times in a row at the end and kept saying “he can’t guard me”.

Also great to see several current players along with Coach Grant show up to support these Flyers that did so much for the program. The UD fans were awesome and lowd too.

Was a really fun weekend. 3 Flyer games.
Old 07-21-2019, 06:51 PM
General

OSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeOSU Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jack72 View Post
Bruns is a stiff who looks like a walk on.

Lay this loss squarely on the shoulders of Cunningham and Pierre. I hope those guys had a great reason, otherwise they let down their teammates and a bunch of Flyer fans big time.
professional career has to take precedence over this
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to OSU Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Phi Psi Flyer '09 (07-22-2019), Smitty10 (07-21-2019), ud69 (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 07:37 PM
General

Gotta say, I was very impressed with the quality of play by the Flyers yesterday and the Buckeyes today. To me, it's kind of a willy nilly way of putting together a team and that's natural based on time constraints. Kind of an All-Star team without the coach choosing any of the players.

It's too bad that Kevin Dillard was injured. I really wanted to see him at his best working with these guys. To me, as long as he played like he did his first season with the Flyers and not his 2nd, he's a great asset to have if we can't have Scoochie. From memory, he was a great ball handler that was a good shooter and could create his own shot which opened things up. He was fast, just not sneaky fast like Scooch. We didn't really get to see any of that in this tourney and for that I'm kind of sad.

Red Scare needed Kavs IMO(btw, is he still playing basketball?). The issues we've had at center all these years obviously showed up in this game. And let's face it, Obi will not play in the TBT because he's going to be NBA for a long time if things play out right.

Anyway, it was cool to see these guys playing again. But it's kind of sad too. It depresses me that the magic we experienced 5 years ago is quickly fading in the rare-view mirror. We really need another run like that real soon.

Last edited by Smitty10; 07-21-2019 at 07:57 PM..
Old 07-21-2019, 07:57 PM
Lieutenant General

A thank you (written by Bonsu)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0MO8e4B..._web_copy_link

I have no idea of the particular situations of either Josh or Dyshawn, but I saw a response on Instagram by DP "You know I wanted to be there" (with a sad face emoji). So maybe it's best to give them the benefit of the doubt.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (07-22-2019), Lowd&ProUD (07-22-2019), OSU Flyer (07-21-2019)
Old 07-21-2019, 08:02 PM
General

Gotta say, I was very impressed with the quality of play by the Flyers yesterday and the Buckeyes today. To me, it's kind of a willy nilly way of putting together a team and that's natural based on time constraints. Kind of an All-Star team without the coach choosing any of the players.

It's too bad that Kevin Dillard was injured. I really wanted to see him at his best working with these guys. To me, as long as he played like he did his first season with the Flyers and not his 2nd, he's a great asset to have if we can't have Scoochie. From memory, he was a great ball handler that was a good shooter and could create his own shot which opened things up. He was fast, just not sneaky fast like Scooch. We didn't really get to see any of that in this tourney and for that I'm kind of sad.

Red Scare needed Kavs IMO(btw, is he still playing basketball?). The issues we've had at center all these years obviously showed up in this game. And let's face it, Obi will not play in the TBT because he's going to be NBA for a long time if things play out right.

Anyway, it was cool to see these guys playing again. But it's kind of sad too. It depresses me that the magic we experienced 5 years ago is quickly fading in the rare-view mirror. We really need another run like that real soon.
Kav is working a professional job in Columbus last I heard, I think he's done with basketball
Old 07-21-2019, 08:08 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,152 Times in 2,713 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
I believe Kav moved to Nashville a few years ago. He may have moved back but if he has I haven’t heard.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-21-2019, 09:50 PM
Captain

Sticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud ofSticks 'n Stearns has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by springborofan View Post
I watched the game on tape delay. It just reinforced how much I loved watching Kyle Davis play. One of my all time favorite UD players.
Went to the game today and he was having so much fun out there, laughing and joking. Definitely #1 all-time for me.

Sure was a fun couple of days.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:45 PM
Colonel

I know you meant rear-view instead of rare-view, Smitty. But an appropriate Freudian slip if there ever was one. With a program like ours we really have to savor the runs that we had 4 and 5 years ago because you never know when the next one might come. Rare indeed. Also a rare chance to see guys like these who did themselves and their alma mater so proud in college days do it again in a summer tournament that didn't have to mean much (other than 2 Mil) but that so obviously did. It's one thing to see them getting honored at halftime of a UD game. Quite another for them to have a reunion like this on court and on ESPN to boot (with a Sportscenter Top 10 play no less!). Thanks to all of these great players (including Bruns for bailing the team out), Coach Goodwin, Bonsu and Gruden, and all of you amazing fans who showed how hungry we are for Flyer hoops any time, anywhere! See you at the St. Mary's game!!
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to redbengal For This Totally Excellent Post:
CJ2etc (07-22-2019), Glen Clark (07-22-2019), Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-22-2019), rasta man (07-22-2019), ud69 (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 08:34 AM

MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
To anyone who watched on TV: How did they justify the 2 goal tending calls?

Besides being in Columbus, I also watched several games on TV. Those were the only 2 goal tending calls that I saw the entire weekend.

This is how FIBA defines the rule: No blocking a ball in downward flight towards the rim.
Once the ball strikes the rim, any player can play the ball (i.e. swat it away or tap it in)
Old 07-22-2019, 09:28 AM

BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
They said it didn’t hit the rim before contact. I think one was the correct call but the other probably not.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
MrFlyerFanatic (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 02:27 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Columbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond reputeColumbia Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like Kav in Nashville. Glad to see him doing well.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/matt-kavanaugh-09374b59
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Columbia Blue For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-22-2019), OSU Flyer (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,001 Times in 493 Posts
Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
A thank you (written by Bonsu)
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0MO8e4B..._web_copy_link

I have no idea of the particular situations of either Josh or Dyshawn, but I saw a response on Instagram by DP "You know I wanted to be there" (with a sad face emoji). So maybe it's best to give them the benefit of the doubt.
DP and Cunningham both withdrew on Tuesday (a day or two before the tourney started). DP cited a long post season in Europe and his recent participation in the NBA summer league, Cunningham cited his desire to focus on workinbg out for his pro aspirations. There you go, mystery solved no need for doubt or the benefit thereof.

Last edited by Flyers98; 07-22-2019 at 03:36 PM..
Old 07-22-2019, 03:41 PM
General

Originally Posted by Flyers98 View Post
DP and Cunningham both withdrew on Tuesday (a day or two before the tourney started). DP cited a long post season in Europe and his recent participation in the NBA summer league, Cunningham cited his desire to focus on workinbg out for his pro aspirations. There you go, mystery solved no need for doubt or the benefit thereof.
Sounds like there's more to it. You don't make a commitment and then backout at last minute due to such vague circumstances unless there is. How does not playing 3 straight games in a weekend tournament(that if they were there might have extended another weekend) help in focusing on a pro career? Seems to me that playing with and against players that are already into their pro careers could only help.

Pierre's excuse seems slightly more plausible but it sure sounds like if it were the case, he could have given more notice.

The only valid and excusable reason for the backout and vagueness would be minor injury that they prefer not be made public.

Last edited by Smitty10; 07-22-2019 at 03:46 PM..
Old 07-22-2019, 04:07 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Jeremiah Bonsu has already heard from several former players about playing next year. He is quoted in the DDN as saying, "A couple guys have said they want to play. One current player said, 'I'm about to graduate. I'm in.'" Maybe Mikesell, since he was at the game yesterday? It appears they will have plenty of players next year. There is also a rumor that it could be played in Dayton next year, according to Joey Gruden.
Old 07-22-2019, 04:39 PM
General

BTW, with such a short roster, why didn't Bonsu and/or Gruden put their names on the roster and suit up if needed? Is there an extra cost for each player to enter that the cost would not be worth it?
Old 07-22-2019, 04:56 PM
Colonel

Flyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyers98 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like there's more to it. You don't make a commitment and then backout at last minute due to such vague circumstances unless there is. How does not playing 3 straight games in a weekend tournament(that if they were there might have extended another weekend) help in focusing on a pro career? Seems to me that playing with and against players that are already into their pro careers could only help.

Pierre's excuse seems slightly more plausible but it sure sounds like if it were the case, he could have given more notice.

The only valid and excusable reason for the backout and vagueness would be minor injury that they prefer not be made public.
I am sure there are a million valid reasons to back out, but it is between those guys and their teammates/friends. I would point out that Devin Oliver played in the NBA summer league too and his SportCenter highlight is going to be worth 1,000X whatever workouts DP did over the last week as far as getting attention from scouts/GMs.
Old 07-22-2019, 05:01 PM
General

I am sure there are a million valid reasons to back out, but it is between those guys and their teammates/friends. I would point out that Devin Oliver played in the NBA summer league too and his SportCenter highlight is going to be worth 1,000X whatever workouts DP did over the last week as far as getting attention from scouts/GMs.
I thought it was Cunningham who didn't play due to "focusing on pro aspirations"? I thought DP hinted at needing time off.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-22-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 05:12 PM
General

Didn't Devin Searcy play in this event in years past?
Old 07-22-2019, 05:27 PM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
I would point out that Devin Oliver played in the NBA summer league too
With what team and which location?
Mad Props to Lowd&ProUD For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (07-23-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 05:28 PM

You would think both Landers and Mikesell would play next year. It would be great if Scoochie were in a position to join Kyle and Pollard next year.

I'll bet they would draw a bunch of people in Dayton, like 5,000 plus for the Sunday game.
Old 07-22-2019, 06:18 PM
General

You would think both Landers and Mikesell would play next year. It would be great if Scoochie were in a position to join Kyle and Pollard next year.

I'll bet they would draw a bunch of people in Dayton, like 5,000 plus for the Sunday game.
You just touched on something that kind of relates to my "Willy Nilly" remark earlier. How is this team going to be put together in the future? Is it any former Flyer is welcome? Do you have to fit a missing piece of the puzzle? Do you have to be loved by the fans(what if a big man is needed and XW wants to play?). Do you have to measure up as far as talent is concerned(maybe Mikesell and Landers don't coming straight out of school compared to guys who've already been playing pro ball). What about guys like B-Rob or CJ who might finally call it quits on pro ball but would obviously add something to this TBT team? Is the object to put together the best possible team of former Flyers to actually try and win this thing or is it to put on a show for the Flyers' fans?

If this is going to become some sort of tradition, I think the above are very pertinent questions.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:06 PM
Major

momszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud ofmomszer has much to be proud of
I think the entry for late additions to the roster was a $1000 per person according to the broadcasters. There was probably an entry fee per team to join the tournament. Don't know the amount.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:10 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,000 Times in 1,176 Posts
THirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond reputeTHirt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Lowd&ProUD View Post
With what team and which location?
DMO played on the Celtics summer league team a couple years ago in Orlando. I’m not sure if he was in Vegas that year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-22-2019, 08:37 PM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
You just touched on something that kind of relates to my "Willy Nilly" remark earlier. How is this team going to be put together in the future? Is it any former Flyer is welcome? Do you have to fit a missing piece of the puzzle? Do you have to be loved by the fans(what if a big man is needed and XW wants to play?). Do you have to measure up as far as talent is concerned(maybe Mikesell and Landers don't coming straight out of school compared to guys who've already been playing pro ball). What about guys like B-Rob or CJ who might finally call it quits on pro ball but would obviously add something to this TBT team? Is the object to put together the best possible team of former Flyers to actually try and win this thing or is it to put on a show for the Flyers' fans?

If this is going to become some sort of tradition, I think the above are very pertinent questions.
As far as I can tell, the players organized the team. There is no affiliation with the university I believe. If so, they can make their own rules for qualification.
Old 07-22-2019, 09:39 PM
General

Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
As far as I can tell, the players organized the team. There is no affiliation with the university I believe. If so, they can make their own rules for qualification.
Oh, I realize that. Just curious that if this becomes something former UD players continually want to do, there has to be some sort of filtering process for this to be a team that has a serious chance of winning. Like a player who's graduating this season saying they will/want to play on it next year. Does that mean they are automatically on it?
Old 07-22-2019, 10:12 PM
Colonel

tirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond reputetirebiter has a reputation beyond repute

I would bet that their agents or career advisors told them the risk of injury outweighs the potential benefit when playing three intense games in three days. And to everyone's credit those were intense games! A lot of pride was at stake. But if you were on the verge of making the big time would you risk losing it all for bravado and camaraderie? (The 2 mil is not gonna realistically happen.) Friendship and loyalty mean a lot, but big business and big money might make demands.

Hard call, but I understand DP and JC opting out. Just should have been sooner. (Unless there were some late injuries they wanted to keep quiet about.)

It was big fun seeing them in action again, and KD's drive with DO's slam for the win was a highlight of my summer.

This coming year could be fantastic!
Mad Props to tirebiter For This Totally Excellent Post:
Glen Clark (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 12:58 AM

Thanked 17,099 Times in 5,101 Posts
Chris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond reputeChris R has a reputation beyond repute
To be honest I had never followed this TBT much before this year. Once UD was in it however, it seems like the entire tournament went up a level. Not just for UD, but for the promotion and status of the tourney as a whole. Having OSU in there helped and getting these two teams involved made for great summer viewing.

Wichita has done a fantastic job at selling tickets. I think if UD hosted at the Arena (and we'll have AC next summer), we could do just as well. The tourney already knows UD and OSU draw very well. Id buy a full session pass to see all the teams play.

If UD brought the heat and managed to lure Ohio kids Chris Wright, B-Rob, Chris Johnson on board, tickets would sell like hotcakes. Just dont know if their schedules would allow. Need a couple bigs too. Pierre and Josh would help. In order to win these kinds of events, you need depth. You are eventually going to run outta gas unless you have a bench and in single-elimination tourneys with $2M smackers at stake, you need two starting fives.

Whatever happens, Kyle Davis has to be on every single team no matter what.

Hot shooting hides a multitude of sins.
Make everyone else's "one day" your "day one".
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Chris R For This Totally Excellent Post:
FlyerGuyer (07-24-2019), fuz_forward (07-23-2019), Lowd&ProUD (07-23-2019), SeasonTicketFan (07-23-2019), wes (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 08:49 AM
1st Lieutenant

Lowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud ofLowd&ProUD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
Amen.

In fact, when his playing career is over, let’s get him on staff. His energy is contagious.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lowd&ProUD For This Totally Excellent Post:
Buster Goode (07-23-2019), Glen Clark (07-23-2019), jack72 (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 09:32 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute

If Scoochie, Pollard and Kyle were all playing and we were in the Sunday game at UD Arena, I'm pretty sure we would get close to 10,000 there.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:48 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by THirt View Post
DMO played on the Celtics summer league team a couple years ago in Orlando. I’m not sure if he was in Vegas that year.
Posted via Mobile Device
I got that one wrong, I think I was thinking of Siebert.
Old 07-23-2019, 09:52 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by tirebiter View Post
I would bet that their agents or career advisors told them the risk of injury outweighs the potential benefit when playing three intense games in three days. And to everyone's credit those were intense games! A lot of pride was at stake. But if you were on the verge of making the big time would you risk losing it all for bravado and camaraderie? (The 2 mil is not gonna realistically happen.) Friendship and loyalty mean a lot, but big business and big money might make demands.

Hard call, but I understand DP and JC opting out. Just should have been sooner. (Unless there were some late injuries they wanted to keep quiet about.)

It was big fun seeing them in action again, and KD's drive with DO's slam for the win was a highlight of my summer.

This coming year could be fantastic!
With all due respect and love for DP and JC, neither of those guys is "on the verge of making the big time."
Mad Props to Flyers98 For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 10:11 AM

Thanked 4,285 Times in 1,756 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris R View Post
To be honest I had never followed this TBT much before this year. Once UD was in it however, it seems like the entire tournament went up a level. Not just for UD, but for the promotion and status of the tourney as a whole. Having OSU in there helped and getting these two teams involved made for great summer viewing.

Wichita has done a fantastic job at selling tickets. I think if UD hosted at the Arena (and we'll have AC next summer), we could do just as well. The tourney already knows UD and OSU draw very well. Id buy a full session pass to see all the teams play.

If UD brought the heat and managed to lure Ohio kids Chris Wright, B-Rob, Chris Johnson on board, tickets would sell like hotcakes. Just dont know if their schedules would allow. Need a couple bigs too. Pierre and Josh would help. In order to win these kinds of events, you need depth. You are eventually going to run outta gas unless you have a bench and in single-elimination tourneys with $2M smackers at stake, you need two starting fives.

I would bet that UD could sell a lot of tickets to the tourney if it had all those alumni. Would be a nice off-season basketball fix for UD basketball junkies.

One advantage is that a number of these players know each other. I watched a couple of other games and the lack of team chemistry was obvious. A lot of cross mid court and chuck it up. Team chemistry wins games.
Old 07-23-2019, 12:03 PM
Lieutenant General

Elam Ending and its creator
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...PRp9oyPPDHAaM/
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bonziflyer (07-23-2019), ClaytonFlyerFan (07-23-2019), fuz_forward (07-23-2019), jack72 (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 01:25 PM

Thanked 2,415 Times in 1,074 Posts
UDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond reputeUDEE79 has a reputation beyond repute
Elam Ending and its creator
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...PRp9oyPPDHAaM/
My brother GoUDGo also came up with this idea and talked about it a lot for the last 20 years (at least). He should have written a paper like Elam did.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to UDEE79 For This Totally Excellent Post:
st marys (07-24-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 03:59 PM

Thumbs up Roster next year

Originally Posted by longtimefan View Post
Jeremiah Bonsu has already heard from several former players about playing next year. He is quoted in the DDN as saying, "A couple guys have said they want to play. One current player said, 'I'm about to graduate. I'm in.'" Maybe Mikesell, since he was at the game yesterday? It appears they will have plenty of players next year. There is also a rumor that it could be played in Dayton next year, according to Joey Gruden.
Charles Little was pretty engaged on twitter. He had a schedule conflict this year.
Lifelong Flyer Fan (07-23-2019), Lowd&ProUD (07-23-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 07:00 PM

Thanked 6,618 Times in 3,024 Posts
longtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MrFlyerFanatic View Post
Charles Little was pretty engaged on twitter. He had a schedule conflict this year.

Love that guy. He and Nate Green were beasts!
Old 08-07-2019, 12:48 AM

The tosu alum team, Carmen's Crew, that knocked out our guys won the TBT tonight. Sure would have liked to play them in the first game of the tournament rather than the third game in 3 days with a short bench. Still, we had a good run and the guys had a lot of fun. For us fans, it was so great to see those alums play again and give us some more good memories.
7 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to ud69 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BeckysTXA (08-07-2019), ClaytonFlyerFan (08-07-2019), fuz_forward (08-07-2019), Glen Clark (08-07-2019), jack72 (08-07-2019), Justin (08-07-2019), The Fly (08-07-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 08:26 AM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 8,557 Times in 3,702 Posts
ClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond reputeClaytonFlyerFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud69 View Post
The tosu alum team, Carmen's Crew, that knocked out our guys won the TBT tonight. Sure would have liked to play them in the first game of the tournament rather than the third game in 3 days with a short bench. Still, we had a good run and the guys had a lot of fun. For us fans, it was so great to see those alums play again and give us some more good memories.
I caught the second half of the game last night. Very competitive hard fought battle that was fun to watch for a basketball junkie like me. Hoping this thing continues to grow and that rumors of possibly being in Dayton next summer are true.
Old 08-07-2019, 08:56 AM
Colonel

Originally Posted by ClaytonFlyerFan View Post
I caught the second half of the game last night. Very competitive hard fought battle that was fun to watch for a basketball junkie like me. Hoping this thing continues to grow and that rumors of possibly being in Dayton next summer are true.

It was a Tonna fun to watch last night. I will be honest in the fact I haven’t really watched since our boys were eliminated, but I had a chance to pop in for most of the game . One rule change I would like to see is that the game can’t end on free throws. Other than that, I love the ending to these games. No slowing down the pace, the last three minutes actually lasting 25, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2019, 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by Flyerferd View Post
It was a Tonna fun to watch last night. I will be honest in the fact I haven’t really watched since our boys were eliminated, but I had a chance to pop in for most of the game . One rule change I would like to see is that the game can’t end on free throws. Other than that, I love the ending to these games. No slowing down the pace, the last three minutes actually lasting 25, etc.
Posted via Mobile Device
Not sure I agree with the free throw comment because teams would just continue to foul extending the game in hopes of catching up. We see that in the regular rules and excessive fouling at the end is one thing Elam was trying to eliminate.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
ClaytonFlyerFan (08-07-2019), Flyer Al (08-07-2019), m21eagle45 (08-07-2019)
Old 08-07-2019, 11:53 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,558 Times in 941 Posts
maddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant futuremaddog07 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by UDEE79 View Post
My brother GoUDGo also came up with this idea and talked about it a lot for the last 20 years (at least). He should have written a paper like Elam did.
Posted via Mobile Device
I came up with it also. Same with the internet, But Al Gore got there before me. And the light bulb, **** that Edison guy!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-07-2019, 12:36 PM

TBT might look at Dayton hosting next year. Since tOSU won it they probably need a bigger gym but they probably give a Columbus facility first shot. The flip side is they sold 60,000 tickets in Wichita. They will be looking for that type of action any place they can get it and UD Arena is a good place to start. I also think more alums will seriously consider playing if they could play at UD Arena...one more time...in front of a sold out Flyer crowd.