User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 07:23 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,945 Times in 2,942 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Kevin Kuwik on "How to slay Goliath"

Here's what the strategy was in Maui:

http://collegechalktalk.com/2013/12/...-with-goliath/
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Bob G (12-02-2013), Bonziflyer (12-02-2013), ClaytonFlyerFan (12-02-2013), Medford (12-02-2013), SC_Flyer (12-02-2013), UDEE79 (12-02-2013)
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2013, 08:06 AM
Colonel

SC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud of
This is one of the best hoops articles I have read in a while. Thanks for sharing.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Major General

Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,418 Posts
m21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond reputem21eagle45 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't get me wrong it was a good article and I enjoyed reading it and UD getting some pub. As far as the formula goes, isn't it kind of common sense?
1) Get back on Defense
2)Limit Turnovers/ Be strong with the ball
3) Rebound/Don't allow easy put backs

That seems like things a coach would want to stress every game, not just against schools from the major conferences.

Maybe not stressing this is why we almost loss to IPFW Just kidding.

Last edited by m21eagle45; 12-02-2013 at 10:16 AM..
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to m21eagle45 For This Totally Excellent Post:
oldfan (12-02-2013), TerryK_67 (12-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,505 Times in 4,706 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Good plan; even better recruiting.

Certainly a noteworthy and detailed plan. Better to have a plan than not. What makes it all work? Recruiting more and more well-rounded studly playmakers . Several more good recruiting classes like we have had, and Kevin will be publishing a book.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
I'm just glad we didn't have to go with Plan B for slaying Goliath.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...e-throw-video/

I imagine Coach Kuwick bringing a plan like that to Archie and Archie not being real pleased with it. To which Kuwick would offer the following defense: "But coach I thought you said you wanted to a game plan that twerks?"
Old 12-02-2013, 04:39 PM
Colonel

SC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud ofSC_Flyer has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by m21eagle45 View Post
Don't get me wrong it was a good article and I enjoyed reading it and UD getting some pub. As far as the formula goes, isn't it kind of common sense?
1) Get back on Defense
2)Limit Turnovers/ Be strong with the ball
3) Rebound/Don't allow easy put backs
What I liked about it was that it provides just three areas for the players to focus. I coach soccer and this was one of the best things that my training taught me. Don't try to fix everything at once. Pick at most 3 things to focus on and keep yourself from criticizing on the rest as much as you can. Players can actually understand what you want instead of constantly feeling like they are one play away from screwing something else up. If they screw up in the areas of focus, then you have every right to be tough on them.