User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 08-21-2020, 12:09 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,764 Times in 929 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Draft Lottery

As a Bulls fan and someone that lives very close to Charlotte this was a great outcome. How do y'all think this pans out for Obi? Minnesota getting #1 is very interesting. Out of all the teams with high picks Obi arguably fits their situation the most. Bulls fans seem to want Deni over Obi which I don't quite understand. He can be questionable from 3-pt. range and is not in the same universe in terms of athleticism. The hang up seems to be this religious adherence to "positions" and the idea that the bulls cannot draft another PF (i.e., Obi can't play the SF position in the NBA). Thoughts?
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2020, 03:54 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Wishful thinking on my part, but I hope he goes to The Golden State Warriors. His style fits perfectly in their position-less approach to the game. And he will be a hop skip and a jump away, so I can go see him play.
Mad Props to frisco flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
TX Flyer (08-22-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 04:47 PM
Colonel

zmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud ofzmz723 has much to be proud of
Obviously Golden State would be amazing...playing on a title contender next to Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
As a Bulls fan and someone that lives very close to Charlotte this was a great outcome. How do y'all think this pans out for Obi? Minnesota getting #1 is very interesting. Out of all the teams with high picks Obi arguably fits their situation the most. Bulls fans seem to want Deni over Obi which I don't quite understand. He can be questionable from 3-pt. range and is not in the same universe in terms of athleticism. The hang up seems to be this religious adherence to "positions" and the idea that the bulls cannot draft another PF (i.e., Obi can't play the SF position in the NBA). Thoughts?
Bulls desperately need a wing and a true PG, but the new GM said he's drafting best player available. I think people have seen how good Luka Doncic is, and now think all tall european players who can handle the ball will be like him
Mad Props to zmz723 For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (08-24-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 05:50 PM
Colonel

Ready Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant futureReady Action has a brilliant future
ESPN’s PTI host Mike Wilbon going into the break said he wants Obi Toppin in that red Bulls uniform. It has been said, so now it shall be done.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Ready Action For This Totally Excellent Post:
EliteEight (08-21-2020), Flyer 86 (08-22-2020), hawkoooo (08-21-2020)
Old 08-21-2020, 07:43 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 4,994 Times in 2,668 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ready Action View Post
ESPN’s PTI host Mike Wilbon going into the break said he wants Obi Toppin in that red Bulls uniform. It has been said, so now it shall be done.
Posted via Mobile Device
As we all know, Obi looks great in red!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 08-22-2020, 05:49 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,367 Times in 537 Posts
MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute
As a Wolves fan, I wasn't as thrilled getting #1 as I would be in a normal year. No clear cut star, and it probably takes Obi out of the conversation. Obi would fit really well with the Wolves and they are thin at PF.

That said, Hes probably better off with some other teams. Either way, my hopes of him ending up in MN seem to have been dashed.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:59 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Long Island FLYER is on a distinguished road
I too would love to see Obi go to Golden State, as it would be a perfect system for him. As a NY alum, the last team I want to draft him is the Knicks, an utterly pathetic organization where everything goes to die!
Mad Props to Long Island FLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
frisco flyer (08-24-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 01:32 PM
Brigadier General

hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MNFats View Post
As a Wolves fan, I wasn't as thrilled getting #1 as I would be in a normal year. No clear cut star, and it probably takes Obi out of the conversation. Obi would fit really well with the Wolves and they are thin at PF.

That said, Hes probably better off with some other teams. Either way, my hopes of him ending up in MN seem to have been dashed.
I was thinking the opposite, that it might force their hand and take Obi at #1. The alternative would be fortifying the 2 guard spot and taking Edwards.

I don't see Obi slipping outside of the top 4 at his point. He fits well in all those situations. Worst case scenario would be Cleveland at #5. And I truly mean WORST case. Cleveland is where basketball (and all sports) goes to die.

I just think all this Deni over Obi stuff is laughable. "2nd best league in the world." "He's a better defender." "He could be the next Luka!" Give me a break. I think Kansas, Dayton, Gonzag, etc. would do just fine in that league. Would Deni have been POY this year in college hoops? Absolutely not. And his draft stock wouldn't be near where it is now.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:14 PM
Captain

Flyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to allFlyer Dave is a name known to all
Not sure why Edwards is ranked higher than Obi in some mock drafts. I seem to remember when these two players met up and the stats at the end of the game…

Edwards - 28 mins., 6pts, 2/10 FG, 0/5 3PT, 2/3 FT, 3 REB, 2 PF, 0 ST, 3 TO
Toppin - 27 mins., 25pts, 9/11 FG, 2/3 3PT, 5/5 FT, 4 REB, 2 PF, 1 ST, 2 TO

just saying…
Mad Props to Flyer Dave For This Totally Excellent Post:
Runnin' Rebel (08-23-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 09:05 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by Flyer Dave View Post
Not sure why Edwards is ranked higher than Obi in some mock drafts. I seem to remember when these two players met up and the stats at the end of the game…

just saying…
Edwards was guarded by an elite defender named Rodney Chatman. Obi was guarded by...who? I'm disagreeing for the sake of argument, but this is the kind of push back you should expect on the internet. How someone could watch the Dayton-Georgia game and say with a straight face they'd draft Edwards over Obi is beyond me.
Old 08-23-2020, 09:41 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 3,138 Times in 795 Posts
John C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn C. has a reputation beyond repute
The lottery is all about anticipated performance and the willingness to roll the dice. If you were highly rated coming out of high school, show certain skills as a freshman, no matter how inconsistant, you have a real shot at being highly drafted. Look at Ball. He can't throw the ball in the ocean, plays questionable defense and is often unmotivated. However, he had a publicity machine behind him and does have certain unique skills for a 6' 7" guy. As a result, a team will take a huge chance on him hoping that he isn't like his brother.

Everyone wants a superstar even though they are rare. Toppin, on the other hand, is more likely to last a decade, make an all star team or two and be a great team player. Then again.......
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to John C. For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-06-2020), Gazoo (08-24-2020)
Old 08-23-2020, 09:58 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,956 Times in 534 Posts
shapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond reputeshapanud has a reputation beyond repute
Post-lottery SI Mock Draft has him going #3 to the Hornets, which is the highest I've seen.

The article also contains this bit of trivia:
"At 22 years old, Toppin would be the oldest top-five pick since Wesley Johnson went No. 4 in 2010"

https://www.si.com/nba/2020/08/21/nb...es-win-lottery
Old 08-24-2020, 05:44 AM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
I’ve seen a #2 to Golden State. I think it was an article, not a mock draft. Sorry...I couldn’t re-find the link. Drafts are fickle. Lots of opinions and then the real thing. I’ve seen many players who a lot of people were saying First Round drop to 2-3 rounds. (NBA and NFL). Obi is Top 10. I’m hoping he goes Top 5, but I won’t be disappointed if he doesn’t because I think he will work his tail off to have an All-Star career before he’s done. That’s what matters in the end.

Last edited by BeckysTXA; 08-24-2020 at 05:50 AM..
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 11:03 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute

just saying…

While I agree that Toppin is a better pick, but you can't define a season from just a single game.
Old 08-24-2020, 12:21 PM
General

Thanked 2,909 Times in 1,405 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure why Edwards is ranked higher than Obi in some mock drafts…

"potential"
Old 08-24-2020, 01:30 PM
Colonel

MNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond reputeMNFats has a reputation beyond repute

just saying…
A lot of it is age. Yes, Obi is better than Edwards today. Is today's Obi better than Edwards in 3 years? That's the question teams are trying to answer relative to their situation. The Warriors are in "win now" mode - so maybe the older Obi is a better fit. The Wolves are in a "we'd like to make the playoffs in the next 10 years" mode, so the younger player may be worth the risk.

Edwards showed the very next game what is is capable of. Being 19, his biggest issue is consistency. If a team thinks he can figure that part out, then his ceiling is higher than Obi.

Obi's floor is much higher (my opinion). So it really depends on the team. A team like the T-Wolves has always struggled to attract top talent via free agency. When they do draft top talent, they leave (Garnett, Love). So they may lean towards Edwards and his potential in an attempt to get a bona fide star.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to MNFats For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-06-2020), San Diego Flyer (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 05:15 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.babcockhoops.com/mockdraft

Has Obi #1. Says he's putting out an article tomorrow explaining himself.

By the way, if you're on Twitter, follow @proLOWD for this kind of stuff. He? shares tons of stuff about pro Flyers at all levels.

Last edited by sheg; 08-24-2020 at 05:23 PM..
Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 06:12 PM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by shapanud View Post

The article also contains this bit of trivia:
"At 22 years old, Toppin would be the oldest top-five pick since Wesley Johnson went No. 4 in 2010"
Some read that as a detrimental factor. As a coach, I would value that experience in my draftee.

Also, it's very clear that the media has an infatuation with Anthony Edwards, who had pitiful shooting numbers and did not inspire his teammates to achieve anything but a last season win to get to 16-16. That's the SEC infatuation on overdrive.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to San Diego Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Lifelong Flyer Fan (08-24-2020), Monster Man (08-24-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 10:44 PM
Captain

EliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud ofEliteEight has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Some read that as a detrimental factor. As a coach, I would value that experience in my draftee.

Also, it's very clear that the media has an infatuation with Anthony Edwards, who had pitiful shooting numbers and did not inspire his teammates to achieve anything but a last season win to get to 16-16. That's the SEC infatuation on overdrive.
I think age is very circumstantial factor. If a guy starts for three years in College and have very similar numbers without much improvement (production or percentages) it can be safe/fair to say that there may be a more limited ceiling. That was not Obi's case. This is clearly a case of a late bloomer with incredible upside and potential.

Obi's biggest knock has been his D in recent evaluations. Age is seemingly #2. If Obi was 19 or 20... He is #1 and it's not close.
Mad Props to EliteEight For This Totally Excellent Post:
MNFats (08-27-2020)
Old 09-01-2020, 09:29 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,858 Times in 719 Posts
sheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond reputesheg has a reputation beyond repute
"'Nique with better range. That's Toppin."

https://www.nba.com/bulls/features/a...vdija-and-more
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to sheg For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-06-2020), fuz_forward (09-02-2020), San Diego Flyer (09-03-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 10:07 AM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Tim Bontemps of ESPN surveyed NBA execs and scouts and Obi was cited as “most overrated” in this years draft:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/...post-id=171510
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-06-2020)
Old 09-04-2020, 05:08 PM
Flyer Volleyball Superfan. Almost 8,000 Posts To Prove It.

Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,463 Posts
BeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond reputeBeckysTXA has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Swampy Meadows View Post
Tim Bontemps of ESPN surveyed NBA execs and scouts and Obi was cited as “most overrated” in this years draft:

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/09/...post-id=171510
Posted via Mobile Device
Everyone that said that secretly want Obi to fall to their pick so they put out this rumor. same kind of thing happens when they call Trump supporters. They say their voting for Biden.
Mad Props to BeckysTXA For This Totally Excellent Post:
jack72 (09-05-2020)
Old 09-22-2020, 09:22 PM
Brigadier General

Donovan to Bulls

First of all I couldn't be more excited about the hire. He is far and away the best available option. I'm somewhat shocked the Bulls were finally able to do something right.

This also means that if Obi is still available at #4 the Bulls will almost certainly take him. I'm sure Billy and AG have already spoken, possibly before he even took the job.

I swore to my buddies that if the Bulls failed to both A. hire Donovan AND B. draft Obi (if available) I would disown them forever and never watch another game. Glad I don't have to do that now.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (09-23-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-23-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 01:39 AM
Major

podcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant futurepodcast411 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
First of all I couldn't be more excited about the hire. He is far and away the best available option. I'm somewhat shocked the Bulls were finally able to do something right.

This also means that if Obi is still available at #4 the Bulls will almost certainly take him. I'm sure Billy and AG have already spoken, possibly before he even took the job.

I swore to my buddies that if the Bulls failed to both A. hire Donovan AND B. draft Obi (if available) I would disown them forever and never watch another game. Glad I don't have to do that now.
As NOT a Bulls Fan (Yet) - When I saw the news I said to the Wife - Well looks like we know when and where Obi is being drafted. Can't imagine Billy will pass on him. Obi spent the last 3 years basically learning / playing / Thriving in Billy's offense. Guess I will have to become a Bulls fan once Obi's drafted.
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to podcast411 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-24-2020), hawkoooo (09-23-2020), Lifelong Flyer Fan (09-23-2020)
Old 09-23-2020, 08:58 PM
Staff Writer

Thanked 6,915 Times in 2,927 Posts
Swampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond reputeSwampy Meadows has a reputation beyond repute
Watching the Celtics/ Heat game and Obi can make a good living in the NBA if he models his game after Bam Adebayo. Their rimrunning game is nearly identical.
Mad Props to Swampy Meadows For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (09-24-2020)
Old 09-27-2020, 02:28 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
7+ minutes segment that was on after the NBA game last night. Features Obi, James wiseman and Anthony Edwards.I completely agree with his comment on the end of last season.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo
Mad Props to Lifelong Flyer Fan For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (09-28-2020)
Old 09-28-2020, 09:19 AM
1st Lieutenant

udflyerfan is a jewel in the roughudflyerfan is a jewel in the roughudflyerfan is a jewel in the rough
Bam at the present time is a much better defensive player and rebounder than Obi although very similar offensively!,
Old 09-28-2020, 09:46 AM

Thanked 10,502 Times in 4,704 Posts
San Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond reputeSan Diego Flyer has a reputation beyond repute
offense not similar

Bam does not shoot a great % and can't stretch to 3pt. Not as fast down the floor as Obi.
Does not have the passing vision that Obi has.

Obi will make everyone around him better.
Old 09-28-2020, 01:48 PM
Colonel

Originally Posted by San Diego Flyer View Post
Bam does not shoot a great % and can't stretch to 3pt. Not as fast down the floor as Obi.
Does not have the passing vision that Obi has.

Obi will make everyone around him better.
Obi/Bam just isn't a great comparison. Both are big and athletic...and that's where it ends.

Bam is elite defensively. Offensively, he was very limited, but has improved that side of his game to become quite effective. The improvement in his offensive game has taken him from role player to legitimate star.

Obi is the opposite. His offensive game can be elite fairly quickly, but he will have to work on the defensive side of the ball if he wants to be more than a role player.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:11 PM
1st Lieutenant

Sitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura aboutSitdowndigger has a spectacular aura about
Not saying there's no room for defensive improvement.....one can always improve. If Obi picks up fouls in the first half, he sits. Dayton without Obi on offense last year is a different team. Our opponents knew that and tried to take advantage of it...Obi didn't bite. Wherever he lands, selfishly I hope it's the Bulls, the opposing defense will have a few more dangerous threats to attend to.....not that our team wasn't one of the best if not the best in the country as a whole last year.
Mad Props to Sitdowndigger For This Totally Excellent Post:
fuz_forward (09-29-2020)
Old 09-30-2020, 10:26 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 6,559 Times in 2,452 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
9/29
https://www.daytondailynews.com/spor...PVOU3MKPGOK3M/