UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > STEVEN E. YUHAS MEMORIAL LOUNGE > Off-Topic Gibberish

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 05-16-2020, 09:24 PM
General

Thanked 3,405 Times in 1,793 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
“Graduate Together” - Who Watched It?

In an effort to be “fair and balanced”, I watched much of it. Most of what I saw wasn’t as much of a DNC pep rally as I thought it would be...but we got a phone call just as former President Obama was about to speak, so I didn’t hear any of his remarks.

I saw in web reports that he was critical of the Trump Administration’s handling of the COVID-19 situation (without mentioning Trump by name). But what really upset me was, at the end of his address to the graduates, he had an “Obama.org” banner at the bottom of the screen. So, in the end, that hourlong program, that was broadcast by all the major networks, was a big, free advertisement for Obama, not a message to the graduates. That was wrong,
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by T-Bone 84; 05-16-2020 at 09:28 PM..
Advertisement
Old 05-17-2020, 12:18 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 4,528 Times in 1,621 Posts
Lifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond reputeLifelong Flyer Fan has a reputation beyond repute
I watched . Thought it was the best produced virtual program I have seen. The opening with the Star Spangled Banner sung by a choir of graduates was beautiful.
The banner on the screen near the end of his speech was the website for his foundation. It was put up when he was encouraging the graduates to be leaders in their community. He said one of the goals of the foundation is give help and skills to young people who want to be leaders. He told them to reach out if they wanted help.
He spoke 7 minutes of a 60 minute program (with no commercials). The rest was musical acts, graduates speaking,dancing etc and messages for graduates from some celebrities. Didn't seem like an ad to me.