UDPride Discussion Forums    

Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 04-02-2014, 05:38 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

wes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to beholdwes is a splendid one to behold
Didn't think it would happin.

I changed my spring break to Savannah with a via point through Memphis.i was surprised to see so many UDFans in Memphis. What I didn't expect was people in Savannah and Beauford S C stop me in the street to tell me how awesome It was that Dayton did so well in the NCAA tournament.they also commented on the pride the UD people had for their school.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to wes For This Totally Excellent Post:
AC91 (04-02-2014), Flyer 86 (04-02-2014), Lifelong Flyer Fan (04-02-2014), SeasonTicketFan (04-02-2014), ud2 (04-03-2014)
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2014, 07:26 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,461 Times in 612 Posts
UD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond reputeUD90 has a reputation beyond repute
Watched at Captain Curt's in Siesta Key, FL. We had the bar singing Go Dayton Flyers! Obviously there were a few Florida fans that were over the top, but most were fairly tame.

Before this a lot of people knew who Dayton was because our spread out alumni. Now almost every basketball fan knows because of the media (ex. "Scoochie coochie coo"). A Buckeye fan approached me and said great run as well as a Syracuse fan after our Florida loss. Some people forget Stanford just beat Kansas before we manhandled them (Kansas fans don't).

Social media and instant access to events significantly changes the exposure and market reach between 1984 and 2014. This is a BIG deal. The team and coaches need to and will keep this in perspective, but the university, fans, and the city should not. Carpe Diem I say!!!! Go Dayton Flyers. I'm proUDly putting on my elite 8 shirt tonight AGAIN.

We are better than Cinderella, but if that label gets us the press we need I'll take it!!!
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD90 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bobber (04-02-2014), ud2 (04-03-2014)