Go Back   UDPride Discussion Forums > UDPRIDE SPORTS FORUMS > Mens Basketball

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 03-30-2014, 12:33 PM
Captain

UDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant future
A Few Things...

Wow, what a run. Of course the loss is disappointing but wow we played our worst game of the tournament and still only came up 10 points short of beating the number 1 overall team. At first, this had me really frustrated. After the game was over it just really seemed like we should have won that game. Sibert didn't score, we missed a lot of open looks we normally knock down, etc. If you were to tell me before the game that Florida would only score 62, I would have assumed a Flyer victory hands down. But I got over all the IFs and what could have been and accepted the fact that Florida is the number 1 team for a reason and they were just better. But that is nothing to hang our heads on, the Flyers run to the Elite 8 was more than anyone could have ever imagined and will do wonders for the school and basketball program in the future. A few things from this tournament and next year that I think are important to be addressed...

*The financial benefits through PR, recognition, and recruiting that come of this run are obvious. But I think what is most important is the experience our players, as well as Archie, were able to get. It was obvious in yesterday's game that Florida had more poise. They had been in this situation the past 3 years, and for us it was the first time for all of our players, many of them true freshmen. Now, we not only have the experience of playing in an NCAA tournament game, but making a deep run and playing with the best teams in the country. This is going to be instrumental for the Flyers when they make it back to the big dance.

*Going off the experience note, I think what a lot of people don't realize is that there were many times when we had all three freshman on the floor at the same time, and they all played well. There's very few teams in the country that are able to give their freshmen this type of experience. This will pay huge dividends for the future of Scoochie, Kendall, and Kyle.

*Things we will miss next year: We are really going to miss Big Kav's rebounding and inside presence. We have all been hard on Kav, he has obviously struggled offensively, but this tournament he proved to be our best option at the 5. Can't say enough about Vee. His ability to come off the bench and produce was huge. We wouldn't even be here without his ability to score. I'll always miss the floater! Finally, DMO, our do-it-all guy. We all know how important he was to our team, and will be our biggest loss to overcome. We can't replace his leadership, he was the heart and soul of the team.

*I think that these holes can be filled. I look to Pollard to become a huge contributor. He showed that he has the ability to become a double-double type of guy. He is going to pick up a lot of Oliver's minutes. As long as he can develop somewhat of a free throw shot or maybe a ten or fifteen footer, I don't see why he can't average 12 and 7 a game next year. It's hard to put stock into freshmen, but I think Davis and Big Steve are going to do just enough. Big Steve will automatically give us a presence inside, as long has he can give us 10 or so minutes a game, grab some big rebounds, clog the lane, and get a few stick backs, that will be enough to fill Kavs void. Davis is obviously not going to replace Vee's numbers, but if his ability to slash and shoot from outside is as advertised, he will be a perfect compliment to Sibert.

*We already know that next year our horses are going to be Sibert and Pierre. These guys were great this year but in order for us to be successful they HAVE to both become go-to-guys that can put up 20 points on any given night. They can't disappear during games like this year. They will be our leaders and must lead this team. Pierre showed at the end of the Florida game that he can take over and score at will, he will have to do this consistantly next year. I look for a huge year from him, the all-conference player we thought would be this year. I look for Sibert to be a preseason A-10 first or second team player, and he will live up to it.

*The key is going to be the development of Scoochie, Jalen, and Scott. I look for Kyle Davis to continue to be a defensive role player, and that is fine. If he can continue to knock down a few three's and get a few transistion lay ups during his PT he will be fine. Scoochie showed great improvement over the year, he looks like a true D1 point guard. With Price's knee issues, I look for Schooch to get the majority of minutes at PG next year. Price will merely be there to settle things down and knock down some open threes. Scooch has to become the man. Jalen and Scott must develop. They've gotten better, but in order to help out Big Steve we need these two to be able to be a consistant option at the 5. Jalen can even play more of the 4 next year if Alex and Devon show enough improvement.

*Finally, I think next year we are set up to do battle with VCU for the A10 crown. With SLU, UMass, and St. Joes losing so much, there's no doubt that we should be preseason picked 2nd or 3rd next year. VCU will be loaded, but there is no doubt that next year can be different than previous expectations from other years. We've proven that we can compete and next year we must finish top 3, and there's no doubt that we can't, as long as Archie stays that is.

Sorry for the long post, just sort of rambling some end of the seaosn thoughts and looking forward to next year already. Any other thoughts or comments?

Last edited by UDFlyer23; 03-30-2014 at 12:41 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UDFlyer23 For This Totally Excellent Post:
number21 (04-01-2014), Pronto (04-02-2014), Runnin' Rebel (04-02-2014)
Advertisement
Old 03-30-2014, 12:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDFlyer23 View Post
*Finally, I think next year we are set up to do battle with VCU for the A10 crown.
Even in a down year the A10 should be a multi bid league - hopefully we'll now be regularly in the top 4 with a first round tournament bye
Old 03-30-2014, 01:03 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 4,603 Times in 2,849 Posts
UACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeUACFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Recruits

What do the incoming freshmen look like?
Old 03-30-2014, 01:19 PM
General

Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,408 Posts
frisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond reputefrisco flyer has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UACFlyer View Post
What do the incoming freshmen look like?
http://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/dayton
Old 04-01-2014, 01:49 PM
Major

number21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant futurenumber21 has a brilliant future
23-I got back from Memphis on Sunday and I am just catching up. You make some excellent observations.
Old 04-01-2014, 02:21 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle Davis has a chance to be more than role player. The man can play D, pass great, jump high enough for a 2 handed dunk and can shoot the 3. Not saying he will start, but he's got a chance to play a lot more minutes than just being a defensive role player toward the end of the game.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
San Diego Flyer (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
jpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Kyle Davis has a chance to be more than role player. The man can play D, pass great, jump high enough for a 2 handed dunk and can shoot the 3. Not saying he will start, but he's got a chance to play a lot more minutes than just being a defensive role player toward the end of the game.
Right now to say he can shoot the three is a stretch. He will have to work hard to get the 17% from 3's up. I think he can his form isn't bad just need rep's and game time. Smith only shot 27% from 3's so my feeling is they will be working hard all summer to help their %.
Mad Props to jpk4ud For This Totally Excellent Post:
m21eagle45 (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 03:31 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

keats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond reputekeats '91 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought we saw a completely different Kyle Davis in the NCAA. Forget the season stats. I liked what I saw. Will have to work on finishing, but I think it will get there. Too used to his athletic talent allowing him to swoop over people. Now, he will have to throw down on people.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Captain

UDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant futureUDFlyer23 has a brilliant future
If Davis is able to produce more offensively next year then that will take a lot of pressure off of Sibert. He doesn't need to do much, but we need his defensive ability on the court and in order for him to get some serious minutes he is going to have to do more than score 3 or so points per game. As long as he doesn't turn the ball over and can put up decent numbers he may be able to play 15 + minutes per game, which would be big if we come across foul trouble or injuries.
Old 04-01-2014, 04:31 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Davis got limited minutes to lock someone down. Nothing else was really expected of him. I think given more minutes with expectations and opportunities, we will see more out of him.
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 04:48 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jpk4ud View Post
Right now to say he can shoot the three is a stretch. He will have to work hard to get the 17% from 3's up. I think he can his form isn't bad just need rep's and game time. Smith only shot 27% from 3's so my feeling is they will be working hard all summer to help their %.
Can people please quit judging a player's outside shooting ability when they are Freshman with very limited time in the lineup. It does make a huge difference you know.

Picture yourself in the same situation, every game you get limited minutes and you're over-anxious to prove what you can do. Very difficult to get your adrenalin under control for those 3 pointers. The player's real abilities show up when they can keep an even keel because they aren't given 3 minutes at a time to prove themselves.

Was a bit of a stretch to say that JS was a good 3-point shooter prior to this season, ask buckeye fans.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Hyde Park Flyer (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 04:50 PM

Thanked 6,302 Times in 3,005 Posts
Sea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond reputeSea Bass has a reputation beyond repute
Can people please quit judging a player's outside shooting ability when they are Freshman
when Negele Knight was a freshman teams quit defending him outside of 15 feet. Couldn't shoot from the perimeter at all. You know the rest of the story.
Mad Props to Sea Bass For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (04-01-2014)
Old 04-01-2014, 06:13 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,409 Times in 577 Posts
anthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond reputeanthonycharles has a reputation beyond repute
I expect KD to get better at his outside shot and ball handling and when he does, he will be a very good all around player.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:26 PM

Thanked 4,302 Times in 1,764 Posts
SeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond reputeSeasonTicketFan has a reputation beyond repute
Add shot blocking and wide body to the profile for Pollard.

This team blocked very few shots. Some say that is overrated, but the team struggled against teams that could block shots in the middle. Makes your perimeter defenders better by default. Pollard showed an ability to leap quickly and change shots by the opponents inside. That can be a plus next year.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:41 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,687 Times in 927 Posts
bobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond reputebobber has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like Steve McElvene has shrunk back to 6'11" again.

Darn!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:11 AM
Major General

Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,012 Posts
steve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond reputesteve has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeasonTicketFan View Post
Add shot blocking and wide body to the profile for Pollard.

This team blocked very few shots. Some say that is overrated, but the team struggled against teams that could block shots in the middle. Makes your perimeter defenders better by default. Pollard showed an ability to leap quickly and change shots by the opponents inside. That can be a plus next year.
I'm more excited about KP than any player..This kid is a great athlete who has a blue collar
attitude.....We'll find out more early next season if he has that blue collar work ethic but I believe he does....He is no longer that bull in the china shop and has some nice ability around the hoop..Struggled against UF but, again, the ball just did not go in the hoop but he's the one kid on UD that can seemingly hang in the air and play around the rim..I'd imagine he'll be facing up and shooting a few hundred 15-17 foot jump shots and an equal amount of FT's...
Mad Props to steve For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,510 Times in 825 Posts
FlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond reputeFlyingArrow has a reputation beyond repute
We have two KPs on this team.
Mad Props to FlyingArrow For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (04-02-2014)
Old 04-02-2014, 09:55 AM

Thanked 2,211 Times in 976 Posts
MrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond reputeMrFlyerFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Kyle Davis and Kendall Pollard can be a dynamic duo. I love that both have the first instinct to go to the rim. If KD becomes a credible 3pt threat, his ability to penetrate will make him an offensive machine. He will draw help in the paint allowing KP and the other bigs to feast on unprotected rims. I really like Pollard's ability to start the break. I think he is an advanced DMO in that regard (although we didn't get to see much from DMO as a freshman). If he can start the break, give it up, and run the floor, he should become one of the best finishers we have seen. Like Davis, if KP becomes a threat from 15ft out to 3pt range, his ability to attack the baseline will be a greatly enhanced weapon. He is also a prime candidate for receiving back screens to open up opportunities for back door plays.

Last edited by MrFlyerFanatic; 04-02-2014 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: spelling
Old 04-02-2014, 10:56 AM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I'm more excited about KP than any player..This kid is a great athlete who has a blue collar
attitude.....We'll find out more early next season if he has that blue collar work ethic but I believe he does....He is no longer that bull in the china shop and has some nice ability around the hoop..Struggled against UF but, again, the ball just did not go in the hoop but he's the one kid on UD that can seemingly hang in the air and play around the rim..I'd imagine he'll be facing up and shooting a few hundred 15-17 foot jump shots and an equal amount of FT's...
Agree about K. Pollard. Seemed that a little confidence boost brought out the best in him.

His development will be a huge factor for the Flyers going forward...along with Scootchie IMO. Imagine if Pollard becomes a dominant 4 that can run the floor.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:05 AM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
Ryan Perryman Jr.... but with better hops? I'd take it.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by FlyingArrow View Post
We have two KPs on this team.
and the other KP should be healthy after a few months of rest.

we will be blessed with 2 awesome pgs next year.
Old 04-02-2014, 04:44 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Can people please quit judging a player's outside shooting ability when they are Freshman with very limited time in the lineup.
Agree. Unless their form is reminiscent of London Warren. Davis can be better as his form is decent
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by UDDoug; 04-03-2014 at 12:26 PM..
Old 04-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,767 Times in 1,133 Posts
springborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond reputespringborofan has a reputation beyond repute
Pollard

I hope I'm wrong but there is little evidence that Pollard will ever develop a good shot and keep defenders honest up to 18 feet.

He will definitely play a role for this team but you have to be very optimistic to think his offense beyond 3 ft is going to improve just because he will not be a Freshman. Davis and Scoochie? Sure, their shooting form is not bad. Pollard needs a complete make over on his shot. It is butt-ugly!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:41 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
Players can learn to shoot if they are willing to work on it. Pollard is smart and a hard worker so he might be willing to put the time in.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
I can see Pollard developing into someone with respectable stats at the free throw line - in the upper 60s.

I can't see him developing a dependable jump shot out to 18 feet.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:30 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
Pollard's offensive game looks a lot like Charles Little. Head down and go to the hole. He is good at finishing at least.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:45 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,743 Times in 798 Posts
UDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond reputeUDBaby has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UDDoug View Post
I can see Pollard developing into someone with respectable stats at the free throw line - in the upper 60s.

I can't see him developing a dependable jump shot out to 18 feet.
Time will tell....may not matter, especially at the 4 spot. I'd be pretty happy to see him cleaning the glass and running the floor to score the majority of his points.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:51 PM
Major General

Thanked 3,699 Times in 1,668 Posts
DallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeDallasFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
If he gets good minutes, he's going to draw quite a few fouls. I know they're never going to be a thing of beauty. But as long as he can get them to start going in at a respectable clip, that's all that we can ask. I do hope he shoots a lot of free throws in the off season.
Old 04-03-2014, 12:52 PM
Colonel

Thanked 1,167 Times in 450 Posts
jpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond reputejpk4ud has a reputation beyond repute
Can people please quit judging a player's outside shooting ability when they are Freshman with very limited time in the lineup. It does make a huge difference you know.

Picture yourself in the same situation, every game you get limited minutes and you're over-anxious to prove what you can do. Very difficult to get your adrenalin under control for those 3 pointers. The player's real abilities show up when they can keep an even keel because they aren't given 3 minutes at a time to prove themselves.

Was a bit of a stretch to say that JS was a good 3-point shooter prior to this season, ask buckeye fans.
Originally Posted by jpk4ud View Post
If you would read my entire post, I said with rep's and game time I think it will be better because his form is ok.