User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!
» Advertisement

Old 02-27-2016, 01:43 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
This ship is sinking

Wow. I don't know what to say - three weeks ago, I thought we could compete with anyone in the country. Now, we don't deserve an NCAA bid. What happened to this team? I know we have had some injuries and bad fortune, but the effort today is embarrassing.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (02-27-2016), Bonziflyer (02-27-2016), CT Flyer (02-27-2016), rollo (02-27-2016), runnerup (02-27-2016)
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
We are looking at the strong probability of finishing 22-8 and not getting first round bye in the A-10 tournament. NCAA does not reward teams on the decline.

Can't shoot - won't shoot - can't defense pick and roll for the last three games - can't make layups - total lack of confidence - can't make foul shots - turnovers - players are being shuffled in and out hoping to find a combination that works - starting games poorly putting team in a hole from the start. Fill in the many reasons I left out.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 3,077 Times in 1,230 Posts
NCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond reputeNCkevi has a reputation beyond repute
Once again it's not the OOC schedule/play that hurts UD - it's struggling against mediocre/bad A10 teams
Mad Props to NCkevi For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 02:25 PM
Colonel

pmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond reputepmcmullen has a reputation beyond repute
Done. Like dinner. From rank 15 to bubble team. Wow.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
This reminds me of a couple of years ago, our first NCAA run... Of what SLU went through at the end of the season. They were 25-2 and ranked like 13th... Then lost to Duquesne, VCU, us, beat UMass by 2, then lost to Bonnies in opening round of A10 tournament.

They looked totally exhausted and played with what appeared to be weak effort.

Sadly for us, our swoon has occurred much earlier, so we won't be getting the benefit of still getting a 5 seed in the NCAAs.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:36 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,933 Times in 910 Posts
SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
We are looking at the strong probability of finishing 22-8 and not getting first round bye in the A-10 tournament. NCAA does not reward teams on the decline.

Can't shoot - won't shoot - can't defense pick and roll for the last three games - can't make layups - total lack of confidence - can't make foul shots - turnovers - players are being shuffled in and out hoping to find a combination that works - starting games poorly putting team in a hole from the start. Fill in the many reasons I left out.
Strong probability of not getting a first round bye in the A10 tournament?

It's pretty much a lock right now that we get one. We have a two game lead over both GW and Davidson, who are 5th and 6th, and we own the tie-breaker over both.

Am I missing something?
Old 02-27-2016, 02:38 PM
1st Lieutenant

Dillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of lightDillomernda is a glorious beacon of light
Simply embarrassing, losing 3 of the last 4. Personally, I think it is an effort/confidence problem.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:39 PM
2nd Lieutenant

KGB26 will become famous soon enough
NIT taunt

Maybe the students shouldn't have taunted the Bonnies. Thought so at the time and I hope it doesn't become painful for us.

KGB26
Mad Props to KGB26 For This Totally Excellent Post:
C-time (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 02:39 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,464 Times in 1,288 Posts
UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Double bye a lock for the Flyers. GW lost today up, 2 on GW and Davidson and have both tiebreakers.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:54 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Flyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer68 has a reputation beyond repute
"Double bye a lock for the Flyers."

I am afraid that you have just guaranteed a first game loss in the tournament. Look how many times we were favored by big numbers in home and away games and we either lost or either scraped things together to win. T

I think that this is a team with a mentality that needs to feel that we are the underdog and then we scrap and fight our way to wins. I hope we really turn things around in Richmond to set us up for a big win against VCU and a proper send off to the A10 tournament. I think if Cooke and Pierre come out smoking, the rest of the team will take the cue.

I plan on watching.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Brigadier General

SLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond reputeSLUFLYER has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Flyer68 View Post
"Double bye a lock for the Flyers."

I am afraid that you have just guaranteed a first game loss in the tournament. Look how many times we were favored by big numbers in home and away games and we either lost or either scraped things together to win. T

I think that this is a team with a mentality that needs to feel that we are the underdog and then we scrap and fight our way to wins. I hope we really turn things around in Richmond to set us up for a big win against VCU and a proper send off to the A10 tournament. I think if Cooke and Pierre come out smoking, the rest of the team will take the cue.

I plan on watching.
This is good (UD being the underdog), because we're a virtual lock for the Dance.......and we're going to be an underdog in any/every game we play in.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:17 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 2,524 Times in 1,441 Posts
UDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond reputeUDBrian has a reputation beyond repute
It is very possible that injuries and fatigue have set in a little bit. This might be a good time for the trainer to ask players if they are tired and lighten up on practice a little bit if they are. There doesn't seem to be enough movement on offense which also indicates a little fatigue or burnout

But, effort was not an issue against SLU. Without great effort on defense SLU wins easily.

You can't let a team shoot 56% and expect to win, even in front of a UD arena crowd
Mad Props to UDBrian For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 03:41 PM
Major

VirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to beholdVirgM is a splendid one to behold
Total meltdown. Archie apologizes to the fans for a dismal downturn....can't beat bottom teams on your homecourt because of effort and attitude. Can't say how disappointing it is.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:46 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Yorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really nice
I believe the ship has sank. Strange to feel this way but there is no way this is an NCAA Tournament Team at this juncture. Sure hope they find the mojo back the next 2 games plus A10 Tournament. I'm SICK!!!
Mad Props to Yorkshire Flyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
cobra8u (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 03:50 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,041 Times in 2,687 Posts
T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by VirgM View Post
Total meltdown. Archie apologizes to the fans for a dismal downturn....can't beat bottom teams on your homecourt because of effort and attitude. Can't say how disappointing it is.
Bingo! Effort & attitude are what's killing this team right now. A killer instinct and a bit of effort are the difference between starting the game with a 15-5 lead and starting it in a 5-15 hole. Come out at the opening tip like you mean it, and games like today's debacle don't happen.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2016, 03:54 PM
Committed to this Web Site and Your Enjoyment!

Thanked 10,171 Times in 5,899 Posts
jack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond reputejack72 has a reputation beyond repute
The meltdown is not fatigue. UD played with great energy in the last five minutes. It is the first five minutes every game, when we come out relaxed, with no intensity and are down. Scoochie is the leader and he sets the tone of laid back and indifferent. Archie needs to find the five guys who will give a 100% at the start of the game.

Sure helped getting Pollard back, 1-10 and 4-8 on free throws, and virtually all ten shots were close in. At least we had an excuse before without him.
Mad Props to jack72 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 03:57 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,363 Times in 1,101 Posts
longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by T-Bone 84 View Post
Bingo! Effort & attitude are what's killing this team right now. A killer instinct and a bit of effort are the difference between starting the game with a 15-5 lead and starting it in a 5-15 hole. Come out at the opening tip like you mean it, and games like today's debacle don't happen.
Posted via Mobile Device
The out of the gate punch in the mouth used to be a Dayton trademark under Archie; now the tables have turned and it's UD down 10 points right out of the gate. Maybe this team has taken the post season NCAA dance for granted. They lose the next 2 games, the only way INTO the dance may be an A10 tourney championship. The selection committee looks very closely at how you finish the season. And this team is tanking at the wrong time.
Old 02-27-2016, 04:26 PM
Captain

marco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to beholdmarco red eagle is a splendid one to behold
Today UD wasn't physical enough ... again .. they were out played ... again. They have been listening to their friends and watching ESPN seeing they are guaranteed into the NCAAT. This isn't the team I saw in Orlando. Burn out? AM says it ... you have to earn the win.

Time is slipping by ... painful since I know they can do better ... this year I hope won't be "the year we could have had it all".

I'm envisioning a "one and done" in the NCAAT ... this may be my first year in 3 of not traveling. The buoy's need to get on a roll of "playing hard". They are soft and aren't taking bunches well.

Last edited by marco red eagle; 02-27-2016 at 04:46 PM..
Old 02-27-2016, 04:38 PM
Major

Odrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud ofOdrab14 has much to be proud of
I understand teams go through funks. But this team has completely lost their swagger and momentum. Let's face it. They were never in this game. They have lost themselves at the worst time.

Defensively they have really struggled most of the year with pick and roll defense. We are getting killed inside.

Offensively, they have lost true team. Lots of standing around and no cutting or screening. They have really struggled to shoot as well which means bad things all around. They are solely dependent on transition buckets and have nothing in the half court. Too much Isolation ball. Sorry to say but it's a little like Gregory's teams with Wright. Teams know this and they drop back 2-3 guys to prevent. Since we struggle shooting they sag off and beg us to shoot. They have lost their identity.

Coach Miller obviously has earned a pass. BUT he does have a stubbornness to change. We have to try different things. Lasalle gave the blue print. Slow us down and make us play half court. In ST Louis game and last few games before I have begged for this team to press. Not for steals but to Change the tempo of the game. Teams just walk the ball up the court and shoot it with 7 seconds on shot clock. It worked end of this game but too late. Miller has to adjust some. Maybe press and dare I say it maybe Zone ?? It is allowed right?? We struggle and Steve can't guard a soul so let him sit in the paint and extend the edges some. Not the whole game but for some series.

They are 22-6 with limping into the finish. Not sure they win either game this week.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Odrab14 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2016), shocka43 (02-29-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 04:54 PM

Thanked 15,914 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
We need DNutz to talk some sense to us.

Where for art thou Sir DNutz???
Flyer 86 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 05:20 PM
Colonel

NorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond reputeNorthwestFlyer has a reputation beyond repute
The team is lacking intensity and a sense or urgency and on top of that, we are completely out of sync. Weren't we playing for a 3 seed a few weeks back???? Aarrgh. These guys will have nothing but regrets if they let this go. Get your **** together, get over your personality issues, and bring back True Team!
Mad Props to NorthwestFlyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Smitty10 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 2,309 Times in 1,119 Posts
BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
This is January 2014 all over again. Can it be turned around again?
Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 05:38 PM
General

Thanked 4,578 Times in 2,405 Posts
Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
This is January 2014 all over again. Can it be turned around again?
Quickly turning into February and March of 2008 again. A season where hopes of a great seeding in the dance could be turning into an NIT.
Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Levelbest (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 05:45 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 6,255 Times in 3,097 Posts
CE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond reputeCE80 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Smitty10 View Post
Quickly turning into February and March of 2008 again. A season where hopes of a great seeding in the dance could be turning into an NIT.
Can you imagine what it would be like watching this team in an NIT game?
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to CE80 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Levelbest (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Colonel

Levelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud ofLevelbest has much to be proud of
I had the sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach today as well...
Mad Props to Levelbest For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 06:04 PM
General of the Air Force

T-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond reputeT-Bone 84 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by CE80 View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Can you imagine the sales job UD would have to do to sell tickets to that game, after being ranked as high as #13 in the polls, and consistently in the Top 20 of the RPI?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2016, 06:05 PM
General

Smitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond reputeSmitty10 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Worse yet, can you imagine the conflict of feelings if they are playing for an NIT championship? Will almost be too embarrassing. I will passively watch them I'm sure, but I have a feeling I will be angry through it all, win or lose.

Okay, for the 3rd time in 8 years we've had a standout senior where his season is getting tanked. First it was B-Rob, then CW and now Pierre. CJ's final season wasn't that great either but expectations weren't that high. So we've been in this situation 5 times in the last 9 seasons and four of them we're getting disappointment in the end. B-Rob, CW, CJ and Pierre with Sibert being the exception.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:18 PM
Lieutenant General

Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,244 Posts
C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Can you imagine the sales job UD would have to do to sell tickets to that game, after being ranked as high as #13 in the polls, and consistently in the Top 20 of the RPI?
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't buy tickets to or watch NIT games, and our first NIT game is going to be on the road anyway since we host the First Four.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:43 PM
General

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,551 Posts
TommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond reputeTommyGola has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
This is good (UD being the underdog), because we're a virtual lock for the Dance.......and we're going to be an underdog in any/every game we play in.
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid; we are at best a bubble team at this point. What you are not factoring into your thought process is this - we may not win another game this year. This team is in a complete funk on both sides of the ball. I can't remember when I have been more disappointed in a Flyer team. Three weeks ago we were canonizing Charles to sainthood. Now he is a bum. Our guard play is deplorable. We cannot defend the 3-ball. We are getting beat in the paint by third-rate centers. And finally, we have a great coaching staff that seems to have fallen into a coma. They make no changes and wonder why we continue to not only lose, but get trounced. This game was never really close. Rhode Island had control of this game from the first minute.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TommyGola For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cityengr (02-27-2016), Smitty10 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 07:51 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
I simply don't understand why we've stopped moving the ball when that's where the team was most successful in the half-court. When the transition game isn't there, we've gone from a team that whips the ball around to a team that plays 1on1 basketball with zero chemistry. There's ZERO chance that this is due to KP missing the last four or five games and Baby D being out today.

I know Archie is smarter than that. What could POSSIBLY be the reason why we've gone away from what makes this team so successful? I really don't understand. Can someone please help me out here??
Mad Props to bhflyer5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 07:51 PM
General

Originally Posted by TommyGola View Post
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid; we are at best a bubble team at this point. What you are not factoring into your thought process is this - we may not win another game this year. This team is in a complete funk on both sides of the ball. I can't remember when I have been more disappointed in a Flyer team. Three weeks ago we were canonizing Charles to sainthood. Now he is a bum. Our guard play is deplorable. We cannot defend the 3-ball. We are getting beat in the paint by third-rate centers. And finally, we have a great coaching staff that seems to have fallen into a coma. They make no changes and wonder why we continue to not only lose, but get trounced. This game was never really close. Rhode Island had control of this game from the first minute.
After what happened last year, I cannot believe so many people have us locked into the dance. I got in an argument with a poster last season when I said we have to win 1 game in A10 tournament to assure ourselves a spot. He got furious with me, called me stupid and said that Joe Lunardi has us locked in and that he'll take his word for it over a stupid poster like myself. Well, we won two games in the A10 tournament and were labeled the last team in. Don't think that poster has been back since and I miss him.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:53 PM
General

Originally Posted by bhflyer5 View Post
I simply don't understand why we've stopped moving the ball when that's where the team was most successful in the half-court. When the transition game isn't there, we've gone from a team that whips the ball around to a team that plays 1on1 basketball with zero chemistry. There's ZERO chance that this is due to KP missing the last four or five games and Baby D being out today.

I know Archie is smarter than that. What could POSSIBLY be the reason why we've gone away from what makes this team so successful? I really don't understand. Can someone please help me out here??
Four words: Charles Cooke selfish ballhog.
Flyer 86 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 08:04 PM
1st Lieutenant

bhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to beholdbhflyer5 is a splendid one to behold
I'm not entirely sure that's the case. Is that the general consensus? Maybe I haven't paid enough attention, but I haven't seen him hogging the ball. Not to mention, he was still part of this team when they were doing well and I don't think he's playing any differently than he was before...
Old 02-27-2016, 08:06 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
We simply can't shoot the ball in the basket! Until we can do that, all teams are gonna pack it in soooo tight that no one can breathe.
5 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bigudfan (02-28-2016), C-time (02-27-2016), CE80 (02-28-2016), FLYER5 (02-28-2016), udflyerhoops2 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 08:20 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,234 Times in 1,038 Posts
priceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond reputepriceg75 has a reputation beyond repute
That's too easy of a scapegoat. He had a couple of games with Kobe Bryant lines lately... 7/19, 5/18... But today he was 5/11. Plus, who else is supposed to score for us? That's why he's here.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to priceg75 For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (02-27-2016), NovaFlyer (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 08:25 PM
1st Lieutenant

Originally Posted by priceg75 View Post
That's too easy of a scapegoat. He had a couple of games with Kobe Bryant lines lately... 7/19, 5/18... But today he was 5/11. Plus, who else is supposed to score for us? That's why he's here.
Agreed- I think Cooke's role was to fill the void left by Jordan. This should have basically been the same team. I still don't see why the ball movement has come to a halt though. It's not as if they're whipping the ball around until it gets to Cooke. EVERYONE is catching and dribbling with the exception of a few plays here and there. It's mind boggling.
Mad Props to bhflyer5 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 08:44 PM
Major General

longtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond reputelongtimefan67 has a reputation beyond repute
Ball movement has generally been poor the last month. Defense has been good when they want to play it. Like it or not - this is a crisis point for the team. Win against Richmond and the bleeding stops. Follow that up with a last senior night game win against VCU and Dayton is back on track as the team to beat in the A10 tourney. Lose the next 2 games and I truly believe the only way this team gets off the bubble is a deep successful A10 run. Lots of work to do. If team chemistry is the problem - then all has to be put aside. If anyone here really believes UD can go 1-2 the next 3 games and still get a bid is dreaming - and it's sad as only a few weeks ago I thought a 3 seed might be possible had they won out.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2016, 08:54 PM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
Notre Dame lost today, Oklahoma lost today, Kentucky lost today, Maryland lost today,
oh yeah - we lost too.
the sky may have a crack in it, but it hasn't fallen yet.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:03 PM
1st Lieutenant

steve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nicesteve snyder is just really nice
None lost to a lowly team like Rhode Island on their home court!
Old 02-27-2016, 09:06 PM
Colonel

Flyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant futureFlyer69ers has a brilliant future
just looking for a bright side where none exists . . .
Old 02-27-2016, 09:06 PM
General

Originally Posted by bhflyer5 View Post
Agreed- I think Cooke's role was to fill the void left by Jordan. This should have basically been the same team. I still don't see why the ball movement has come to a halt though. It's not as if they're whipping the ball around until it gets to Cooke. EVERYONE is catching and dribbling with the exception of a few plays here and there. It's mind boggling.
I've seen Cooke more than anybody else just decide to take the ball inside without any hole whatsoever. Every time he gets it in his hands, it's like a pause as if to say "let's see, can I score here?" then he dribbles forward and steps back looking for the three, where at times it's not there so he passes it or he drives with no intention of kicking it out. These decisions he's making is what allows the defense to catch up to the passing and they have to start over again.

These slowdowns are causing all our offensive problems. Even when we have an open three, there's always a defender closing in and the shot is rushed.

This might not be the cause of every possession's slow down, but it's the one I can pick up on the most.
Old 02-27-2016, 09:17 PM
General of the Air Force

I don't think it's quite that simple, but that's definitely part of the problem. Have noticed several times this year when he had the chance to feed a teammate for a shot that was at least as good as his own, but he kept the ball and took the shot himself.

Cooke can be a great player, but he can also be Tony Stanley circa 1998-99. That's the year that Mark Adams used to describe as the year Tony ran the "give 'n' go" offense (as in "Give me the ball, and the rest of you go to..."). That kind of play won't win you many ballgames.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2016), rollo (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 09:26 PM
General

Thanked 4,896 Times in 2,259 Posts
Viperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond reputeViperstick has a reputation beyond repute
Right now, we don't pass the "eye test."

Lose out and we'll go from a 4 seed to first four out. Book it.
Mad Props to Viperstick For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 09:40 PM
Lieutenant General

UD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond reputeUD62 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by C-time View Post
I don't buy tickets to or watch NIT games, and our first NIT game is going to be on the road anyway since we host the First Four.
Hosting the First Four does not mean that we could not host an NIT game. Doubt it will come to that but should we have a complete meltdown, we could host a NIT first round game, NCAA makes an exception in that case.
Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 09:50 PM
Brigadier General

BRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond reputeBRob2Perryman3 has a reputation beyond repute
Tuesday cant come fast enough. These guys need to work out their differences. I dont care if its a players only meeting or if these guys settle it with fisticuffs. So long as that is the end and they get back to basketball. I've seen from multiple sources there is tension between Scooch and Cooke. Ive heard a truckload of reasons for it. Ive heard there is an attitude problem with our best player and who can blame him with the way the University railroaded him and trashed his name. I got red-pipped to hell and back for saying it but others on the board are catching on. Sam Miller sucks and needs to examine why he is here or transfer out. Im tired of watching Sam and Crosby clowning on the bench while we are getting our asses handed to us.

Something has to give. Im very frustrated by what i've read on twitter,this board and my two best sources. One on this board and one not. I am disgusted right now and i hope somehow,anyhow they can turn this thing around. Ive not been this low over Dayton in a long time. Its one thing to play like **** but its a whole other thing when off the court bull**** is the root cause of the problem.

Go Flyers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I. Still. Believe.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Dillomernda (02-27-2016), Flyer 86 (02-27-2016), NovaFlyer (02-27-2016), rollo (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:04 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,772 Times in 935 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
Lol NIT are you guys taking bath salts? I'm bummed we're playing poorly but ****, some of these comments are downright ignorant.
Mad Props to hawkoooo For This Totally Excellent Post:
SLUFLYER (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:09 PM
Lieutenant General

C-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond reputeC-time has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
Hosting the First Four does not mean that we could not host an NIT game. Doubt it will come to that but should we have a complete meltdown, we could host a NIT first round game, NCAA makes an exception in that case.
I hate to tell you this but you are completely wrong. Every NIT first round game last year was on Tuesday or Wednesday which are the days UD hosts the First Four.
Mad Props to C-time For This Totally Excellent Post:
bhflyer5 (02-29-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:10 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
Lol NIT are you guys taking bath salts? I'm bummed we're playing poorly but ****, some of these comments are downright ignorant.
I apologize for being ignorant but I'm just ****ed off and need to vent at this point.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:10 PM
General

Originally Posted by hawkoooo View Post
We've got two very losable games left. Are you saying a 22-8 regular season locks up a bid? If they lose these two games, come back and state the same. I think it's you who's living in a fantasy world.
Marysville Flyer (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:13 PM
Major

Cardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of lightCardsflyer is a glorious beacon of light
The problem all season long has been individuality. It just seems like we got away from team first mentality. Last year was a true team mentally after the big guys got booted.

I don't see us in the NCAA's at this point. We don't deserve it with the way we are closing the season.

I put this back on the coaches. It is what they get paid for and they aren't getting through to this group.

I don't understand where miller went or d Davis went. Just not getting how we can't teach big Steve how to not commit stupid fouls.

Lack of confidence for sure on some of these guys, but scoochie is a or should be a leader. Kyle Davis should be a leader. Pierre is doing as much as he can.

I am very frustrated watching them. I love the Flyers, but they are not a good team right now.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Cardsflyer For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2016), TerryK_67 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:14 PM
Major General

I hate to tell you this but you are completely wrong. Every NIT first round game last year was on Tuesday or Wednesday which are the days UD hosts the First Four.
Yeah the cash cow known as UD arena comes first- UD men's basketball comes 2nd. This is why the NIT is such a bad sentence if they fall out of the dance. They'd be playing all road games - of course- I don't think anybody would care at that point anyway...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2016, 10:20 PM
General

Originally Posted by longtimefan67 View Post
Yeah the cash cow known as UD arena comes first- UD men's basketball comes 2nd. This is why the NIT is such a bad sentence if they fall out of the dance. They'd be playing all road games - of course- I don't think anybody would care at that point anyway...
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly, if there's a year that NIT spells pure failure it's this one. If they have to fly to the north pole to play it, I won't give a ratsass. And if they win the first four games in the NIT, I won't care about the 5th. The NIT is nothing to me this season. A season that was anticipated to be great and was for 3/4 of it, following 5 wins in the dance the previous two seasons, the NIT excites me less than an exhibition game against Saginaw Valley St.
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Smitty10 For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-27-2016), C-time (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:25 PM
Colonel

NovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to beholdNovaFlyer is a splendid one to behold
Sam was ****ed about something , looked like he was upset with the team . Sat and never played again . What was that all about ? This is my team and I know they are better . Let's see what the coaches say and do. Win and lose as a team . No need to point to one player .
Old 02-27-2016, 10:29 PM
Brigadier General

Exactly, if there's a year that NIT spells pure failure it's this one. If they have to fly to the north pole to play it, I won't give a ratsass. And if they win the first four games in the NIT, I won't care about the 5th. The NIT is nothing to me this season. A season that was anticipated to be great and was for 3/4 of it, following 5 wins in the dance the previous two seasons, the NIT excites me less than an exhibition game against Saginaw Valley St.
I cared about the NIT once. ONCE. Perryman's Senior Year. We beat LIU-Brooklyn and the nation's leading scorer Charlie Jones and then bowed out to Calvin Booth and Penn State. It was Perryman's first taste of the postseason and i cared because i hold Ryan Perryman responsible for the 17 years of relatively good basketball that took place long after he left.

I reluctantly watch Dayton's NIT games, i dont miss Flyer games. I dont care if we are 20-0 or 0-20 or how upset or disappointed i am in them. The NIT is nothing more then a participation trophy. I didnt give a **** about the NIT title a few years ago because it was an absolute disappointment that year. I would rather lose in the NCAA First Round then win the NIT
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
1in25 (02-28-2016), PerrymanFan (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:34 PM
Brigadier General

Thanked 1,772 Times in 935 Posts
hawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond reputehawkoooo has a reputation beyond repute
We've got two very losable games left. Are you saying a 22-8 regular season locks up a bid? If they lose these two games, come back and state the same. I think it's you who's living in a fantasy world.
Ok so what are the odds that we lose the next three games? That's what it would take to not make it and even then we would still have a chance. Not living in a fantasy world, just playing the odds.

Here, I'll do it for you. Odds of losing all three is about 12.5% (and that's probably high but I took into account our poor play of late).

Last edited by hawkoooo; 02-27-2016 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: Clarity
Old 02-27-2016, 10:37 PM
Brigadier General

We've lost 3 out of 4 games, 2 of those to probable tournament teams and the other to a below average team that was drastically depleted. And the game we won was was an ugly, OT performance against a really bad SLU team.

I predict we look back at this stretch in a month as a point/experience that made the team even stronger.......on another NCAA tournament run

Last edited by SLUFLYER; 02-27-2016 at 10:40 PM..
Mad Props to SLUFLYER For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:39 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by SLUFLYER View Post
We've lost 3 out of 4 games, 2 of those to probable tournament teams and the other to a below average team that was drastically depleted. And the game we won was was an ugly, OT performance against a really bad SLU team.

I predict we look back at this stretch in a month as a point/experience that made the team even stronger.......on another NCAA tournament
I cant tell you how desperately hard i am rooting for you to be right...............
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
CT Flyer (02-27-2016), Flyer 86 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:45 PM
Lieutenant General

NCAA makes an exception for the Flyers, Game would be played on Thursday. Rules changed after we had to go to Iowa. Don't believe I am wrong at all, much less completely wrong. Although this discussion is moot as the Flyers will be dancing.
4 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to UD62 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Figgie123 (02-27-2016), FLYER5 (02-28-2016), longtimefan (02-28-2016), ud69 (02-27-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:49 PM

Thanked 5,170 Times in 2,285 Posts
ud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond reputeud69 has a reputation beyond repute
Posted via Mobile Device
Wrong - part of the FF deal is the ability to host an NIT game on Thursday.

However -everyone needs to come down off the ledge. So much junk- with little or no substantiation - is being posted, It is never as good as it seems and never as bad as it seems.

I don't have the answer to our problems, but IMHOP the team needs to regain its hunger and desire. Play like it is a 2 game season for all the marbles. The outside influences have to be enormous and should be ignored. Rely on the coaches and on each other. Remember how dark things looked back in January of 2014 - and then look what happened.

Last edited by ud69; 02-27-2016 at 10:53 PM..
Old 02-27-2016, 10:49 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by NovaFlyer View Post
Sam was ****ed about something , looked like he was upset with the team . Sat and never played again . What was that all about ? This is my team and I know they are better . Let's see what the coaches say and do. Win and lose as a team . No need to point to one player .
Sam missed a layup. At the defensive end of the court there was a whistle and DP went to talk to Sam. Sam complained he got fouled to DP. DP tried to talk to him some more and Sam pushed DP away. A temper tantrum thrown at the senior leader. Sam was taken out and never saw the court again.

Last edited by cj; 02-27-2016 at 11:23 PM..
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to cj For This Totally Excellent Post:
BRob2Perryman3 (02-27-2016), Flyer 86 (02-28-2016), rollo (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 10:53 PM
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by UD62 View Post
NCAA makes an exception for the Flyers, Game would be played on Thursday. Rules changed after we had to go to Iowa. Don't believe I am wrong at all, much less completely wrong. Although this discussion is moot as the Flyers will be dancing.
I could really care less but I'm just angry and overserved at this point.
Old 02-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by cj View Post
Sam missed a layup. At the defensive end of the court there was a whistle and DP went to talk to Sam. Sam complained he got fouled to DP. DP tried to talk to him some more and Sam pushed DP away. A temper tantrum thrown at the senior leader. Sam was ramen out and never saw the court again.
Exhibit #2379 why Sam is a problem. You dont **** on the heart and soul of the program of 4 years.

Juwan 2.0
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to BRob2Perryman3 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2016), Ivan (02-28-2016), rollo (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 11:04 PM
General of the Air Force

Sam missed a layup. At the defensive end of the court there was a whistle and DP went to talk to Sam. Sam complained he got fouled to DP. DP tried to talk to him some more and Sam pushed DP away. A temper tantrum thrown at the senior leader. Sam was ramen out and never saw the court again.
After that outburst, Sam spent the rest of the game where he needed to spend the rest of the game - on the bench. A freshman should not blow-off a 4-year starter who has been in as many wins as Dyshawn has. Totally out of line.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 11:06 PM

Thanked 6,172 Times in 4,202 Posts
ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
This team is already a lock for the NCAAT, no NIT...u can take that to the bank.
Old 02-27-2016, 11:06 PM
General of the Air Force

Originally Posted by BRob2Perryman3 View Post
I cant tell you how desperately hard i am rooting for you to be right...............
Same here, B2P3. Same here.
Posted via Mobile Device
Mad Props to T-Bone 84 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Flyer 86 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-27-2016, 11:26 PM

Thanked 1,645 Times in 683 Posts
Tony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond reputeTony T 71 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ud2 View Post
This team is already a lock for the NCAAT, no NIT...u can take that to the bank.
If we lose the next two and the first game in the tourney to finish 22-9 we will clearly be on the edge of the bubble.I guarantee they won't put us in the first four again. To be safe we need to beat VCU. Just sayin...
Old 02-28-2016, 12:35 AM
Major

udflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond repute
The players have 0 confidence. Like it or not (and I know you don't) the lofty national hype has gotten to them. They couldn't handle being the hunted, and now they aren't playing to win...they look like they are scared to lose and are playing in such a way that they are doing just that.

Reasons are myriad.

If the shots don't fall early, confidence drops in direct correlation. Add to that, every team we have played during this swoon (back to the 2nd half of the 1st Bonaventure game)has had at least one guard have a monster game shooting. Caveat...we only beat STL because they are that bad. Those shots are demoralizing, especially when they are playing decent to good defense. Right now they don't have the swag to overcome both.

I've seen team chemistry issues often this season. It's one thing for Scoochie to give direction when someone is out of position or zigs when they should have zagged, but the body language speaks volumes. He's exasperated with his teammates. But he is doing it as a ****ed off kid rather than a leader.

I'm not going to pile this all on Scoochie either. I've seen this with Pierre and Kyle too. The other players don't react well to this type of "constructive criticism". I have observed many occasions where the berated player will, let's say "argue his point" in a way that looks more like a little kid trying to stand up to big brother. Steve has been on the receiving end on many of these confrontations and he reacts like he has to defend himself.

This should not be happening on a #trueteam.

I like the idea of a team only meeting. But this needs to be done now, and done by the real leader on this team...Dyshawn Pierre. He didn't come back to watch these guys lay down and die when adversity hit.

I've got more but I have to go to work. I still love this team...oh and you guys too.
6 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to udflyerhoops2 For This Totally Excellent Post:
Cityengr (02-28-2016), Dillomernda (02-28-2016), Flyer 86 (02-28-2016), FLYER5 (02-28-2016), UDBrian (02-28-2016), Viperstick (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 01:08 AM

ud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond reputeud2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tony T 71 View Post
If we lose the next two and the first game in the tourney to finish 22-9 we will clearly be on the edge of the bubble.I guarantee they won't put us in the first four again. To be safe we need to beat VCU. Just sayin...
No, they are not on the bubble...no NIT...they are a lock, book it.

22-8 is 32 rpi, they are in, case closed, end of story...'nuff said...lol.

Last edited by ud2; 02-28-2016 at 01:15 AM..
Old 02-28-2016, 01:55 AM

Thanked 3,342 Times in 1,988 Posts
UDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond reputeUDDoug has a reputation beyond repute
Will finish year 22-10 after first game loss in A10 and whatever tourney they play in unless something changes fast. The team that has played the last 4 will not win another game.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:01 AM
Major General

If your jersey says "Duke" or "Kentucky" you could lose 5 of the last 6 and lay an egg in your conference tourney. But if your jersey says "Dayton" you don't have the padding to go from 21-3 to 22-9 and still make it in. You're at this point "a mid major team in decline" - so let's put in Indiana or some other power conference team. RPI doesn't mean jack to the committee. You don't pass the "eye test" and trust me, when they are trying to pick the top 68 teams, they don't want a team that's dropping off at the wrong time of the season.

If I'm a Dayton player right now- I'd treat this week like an NCAA game because in all likelihood it is
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2016, 08:05 AM

Thanked 15,914 Times in 6,996 Posts
rollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond reputerollo has a reputation beyond repute
Is this T or F? How about Multiple Choice?

Originally Posted by udflyerhoops2 View Post
The players have 0 confidence.
a) In themselves?

b) in their teammates?

c) in their coaches?

d) all of the above?
Old 02-28-2016, 08:11 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

oldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond reputeoldfan has a reputation beyond repute
If we are looking for the ONE big factor why a team that played so well up until the last two weeks we have the obvious answer. We have the only possible answer. We have the clear and sensible and most logical answer.

The SHOES., sneakers for those in Yorba Linda.

These players have been wearing their shoes so long they are worn out. Not only do we find them slipping on the court at the most inopportune times but they are not able to plant their feet before they go up for a lay up. The can not set the shoes to get through a screen and they can not point their shoes properly to get a decent outside shot.

The simple and most basic solution and cure to all the woes is to require all the players to get new shoes.
Old 02-28-2016, 08:38 AM
General

Colorado St. 2014-2015: RPI 29.
Old 02-28-2016, 12:45 PM
Major General

Thanked 2,164 Times in 1,008 Posts
Buster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond reputeBuster Goode has a reputation beyond repute
After that outburst, Sam spent the rest of the game where he needed to spend the rest of the game - on the bench. A freshman should not blow-off a 4-year starter who has been in as many wins as Dyshawn has. Totally out of line.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sam is very immature. He whines a lot on every call or misfortune--I've noticed it all year.
Posted via Mobile Device
2 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to Buster Goode For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-28-2016), rollo (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 01:17 PM
Lieutenant General

If your jersey says "Duke" or "Kentucky" you could lose 5 of the last 6 and lay an egg in your conference tourney. But if your jersey says "Dayton" you don't have the padding to go from 21-3 to 22-9 and still make it in. You're at this point "a mid major team in decline" - so let's put in Indiana or some other power conference team. RPI doesn't mean jack to the committee. You don't pass the "eye test" and trust me, when they are trying to pick the top 68 teams, they don't want a team that's dropping off at the wrong time of the season.

If I'm a Dayton player right now- I'd treat this week like an NCAA game because in all likelihood it is
Posted via Mobile Device
Another example is Oklahoma, lost 4 of last seven and CBS still has them as a #1 seed, Granted they aren't playing LaSalle and URI, but a P5 status sure does help.
Old 02-28-2016, 01:20 PM

Colorado St. 2014-2015: RPI 29.
Csu SOS last year was bad...ud's sos this year is much better than csu's last year...UD has great top 50 and top 100 records too...UD is a lock.
Old 02-28-2016, 02:05 PM
Major General

Csu SOS last year was bad...ud's sos this year is much better than csu's last year...UD has great top 50 and top 100 records too...UD is a lock.
I remember Jim Paxsons junior year (iirc) where Dayton had an 18-9 record and appeared to be on the bubble and didn't get the NCAA invite OR an NIT invite. Don't ever count your chickens- especially on selection Sunday.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 UDPriders Offer Mad Props to longtimefan67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
rollo (02-28-2016), Smitty10 (02-28-2016), Tony T 71 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 03:08 PM
General

Thanked 1,269 Times in 787 Posts
Flyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond reputeFlyer 86 has a reputation beyond repute
If DD had regular growth, less turnovers, smart play we would be in a better place. Dont forget Arch was counting on him for 7 to 10 points and 2 to 3 3 pointers to stretch rhe D.

Didnt happen. Plus stupid passes/turnovers.

Puts more pressure on Cooke, scooch, others.

Steve had solid first 15 games, and then has disappeared. Kp not hitting FT'S , SCOOCH too, so all things Archie was surprised with and not counting on. Mikesell not ready.

Lots of unwanted or not considered things happening to team.
Arch and coaches need to restrategize!
Mad Props to Flyer 86 For This Totally Excellent Post:
FLYER5 (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 03:32 PM
General of the Air Force

Thanked 5,165 Times in 2,722 Posts
cj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond reputecj has a reputation beyond repute
I remember Jim Paxsons junior year (iirc) where Dayton had an 18-9 record and appeared to be on the bubble and didn't get the NCAA invite OR an NIT invite. Don't ever count your chickens- especially on selection Sunday.
Posted via Mobile Device
There were only 32 teams in the NCAA then and I believe only 16 in the NIT.
Old 02-28-2016, 03:58 PM
Major General

There were only 32 teams in the NCAA then and I believe only 16 in the NIT.
And only about 260 teams as well. And at the time, I do believe that Sagarin ratings were there. No way UD should have been left out of the NIT. The NCAA, maybe. The exact quotes I remember from either Paxson or Zimmerman at the time were (sic) "no way we're not one of the top 50 teams in the country". And it also seems that the NIT selection committee had a lame excuse of "we thought they were in the NCAA tournament". Just saying, I'd rather see a strong finish than 0-3 these next 3 games. They do that and I wouldn't bet the house on it.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Major

udflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond reputeudflyerhoops2 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by rollo View Post
a) In themselves?

b) in their teammates?

c) in their coaches?

d) all of the above?
Honestly, I think it's D at this time. Last season the guys were able to play with no fear. They had nothing to lose. They didn't have to worry about making a mistake because they weren't coming out of the game. Tired by season's end, sure but they were gonna play no matter what. This year they seem to be hesitant because after a defensive miscue, bad shot or turnover they are constantly looking over their shoulders at Archie wondering not if, but when they're getting yanked.

Since there was no competition for jobs last year. Noone waiting on the bench to take their spot. You learn to trust other players when the roles are so clearly defined and you are not in danger of being demoted. I can see in the body language, that the guys are getting scared to make mistakes. Miss a shot, look at the bench...commit a foul, look at the bench. Who's coming in for me? Remember, the upper classmen were only sophomores when they played the whole game balls out. As juniors they don't have the freedom to play the same way.

That leads to them having no confidence in themselves. And then, as it goes in a vicious cycle, the lack of confidence is contagious. It is being passed down to the underclassmen. The only underclassman that hasn't been affected seems to be Crosby.

I'm fine with a 7-8 man rotation. Let the freshmen earn their playing time, but don't get trigger happy when they make a freshman mistake.

Let Steve foul out instead of having to look over his shoulder after every foul. He'll either learn or he won't.
Old 02-28-2016, 04:13 PM
Major

Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
Sam is very immature. He whines a lot on every call or misfortune--I've noticed it all year.
Posted via Mobile Device
That goes to what I just posted in response to Rollo's question. He whines because he doesn't want to come out of the game. One mistake and he's buried on the bench.

I'm a big fan of telling people to "Man Up", and there is some of that needed here, but the quick trigger is part of the reaction.
Old 02-28-2016, 05:31 PM
Colonel

TerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond reputeTerryK_67 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Buster Goode View Post
Posted via Mobile Device
Aren't most 18 year olds immature?
Mad Props to TerryK_67 For This Totally Excellent Post:
SeasonTicketFan (02-28-2016)
Old 02-28-2016, 05:34 PM
2nd Lieutenant

Yorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really niceYorkshire Flyer is just really nice
Yes I'm upset. Yesterday, a fellow season ticket holder leaned over and asked me if I thought we would play better since Pollard was back. I stated I hope so but this is soooo much more than just 1 player. I wouldn't expect anything better but hope is eternal.
There is something wrong and I wish I had more info, I just have my speculation along with the rest of the UD PRIDERS. THE COACHES need to figure this out and SHOULD have a few games ago. This is confusing.